Chapter 14

– Harry & Monica –

     Do you know that moment when things seem to freeze? As if the whole world was at a standstill but it was very much, still turning and orbiting around the sun? Now mostly, this is brought by shock or complete happiness – or possibly, the fact that your heart is beating so fast that you're pretty sure it'll burst right through your chest. Monica's heart was beating fast and loud, she was afraid Harry could hear it.

     There was a moment of silence. One that made Harry tear his gaze away from her and look towards the floor, his feet shifting. Monica blinked once, twice, before snapping out of what seemed to be shock.

     "You what?" Monica stared at him with wide eyes, not knowing if she heard him right. It couldn't be possible; at least she doesn't seem to think so.

     At her question, Harry's cheeks starting turning bright pink once more. "I know that Athena would grow out of dance, because you know, kids out grow everything... but that time you taught me how to waltz, I thought it was fun. And honestly, I'd appreciate the help because the lads hate to take me to any place involving dancing because I just trip over my own feet."

     "You want lessons?" Monica asked, repeating what he had asked of her moments ago, still in shock and her heart still beating out of her chest. Lessons with Harry? Alone? Alone with Harry? What? Her mind was reeling, so much that she had to walk out of the studio to take a seat on the benches in the waiting area. He followed behind her.

     Harry had asked her for lessons for multiple reasons. One of them being that he really wanted to learn how to dance without making a fool out of himself and prove Niall wrong, because Niall believes himself to be the best dancer – purely because of his Irish jig – and that Liam was right, there was something about Monica that brought something out in Harry. It was a feeling he was of course was familiar with, but hadn't been felt in years. It's a feeling he'd get with Katelyn, where life didn't seem to be on a time limit and that life could just be lived. It was complicated to describe, Harry would conclude, but it was certainly a good thing.

     "I mean, why not?" He tried to act nonchalance about it but he was actually nervous that she'd say no. He doesn't know why he thought that because so far, Monica has been completely nice to everyone she interacts with – or what Harry has seen, so why would she say no? He also really wanted to spend time with Monica because every time he did, he could feel himself get better.

     'Getting Better' was not completely forgetting about Katelyn, because he truly believed that she was his one and only – and she still was. He didn't fancy Monica, she was his friend and she just had a positive presence that Harry truly needed to improve. He wanted to be able to have that feeling of nostalgia when someone would mention Katelyn, he wanted to be able to talk about her freely without wanting to shut everyone out, and most of all, he wanted to show Athena that greater things are still to come. That despite terrible things happening in life, there is still light at the end of the tunnel. Heck, he wanted to tell countless stories to Athena, once she's older, about how he met Katelyn and how they fell in love – an idea that stuck in his head since Luke, from 5 Seconds of Summer, had introduced him to the show How I Met Your Mother.

     He wanted to remember those moments with Katelyn and not dwell on the worst memory of all.

     "Of course," Monica said, finally calming her shock and heart beats. After taking a sip from her water, she continued the conversation, "When would be a nice time for you?"

     "I guess when the kids are at school?" Harry spoke slowly and in the form or a question, waiting for Monica's approval. She seemed to be frozen again, once again thinking about being alone with Harry. "I mean, I could have time before dinner, like what we did when Athena had lessons. I'm sure you have other things to do at that time so I'll – "