Vårdslös ~ Bellamy Blake [2]

By This_CraZy_World

❝You don't get to give up, you hear me? You fight and you don't stop until you're dead. Giving up is how the... More

Introduction
I. When 103 became just 3.
II. At breaking point.
III. The life and death of Steven St. Brown.
IV. The day Carter became a hero and almost died... again.
V. Well, that could have gone better.
VII. You've got me.
VIII. The better Transition Metal.
IX. First date goals
X. The Kane reunion.
Authors note, really sorry!
XI. Gone but never forgotten.
XII- Traveller of the stars.
XXIII- Playing the hero.
XIV- Bellamy Blake's weakness
Authors note
XV. Vent- 1 Carter and Wick- 0
XVI- Adventure time.
Semi- hiatus
XVII- Reaper bait
XVIII- Uncanny allies
XX- Kids in the dark.
XXI- Renegades.
XXII. Elaborate planning
XXIII. When you try your best but you don't succeed.
Those sad songs
XXIV. Einstien Carter activated
XXV. The art of giving up
XXVI. What could be
XXVII- Changing
XXVIII: Holding on
XXIX: Heal
Book numero three.

XIX- Bonding time.

14.3K 540 162
By This_CraZy_World

I formally apologise for having to start these chapters off with an "IM SORRY IM SO LATE GOD IM SUCH A BAD AUTHOR"

I'm trying to get my act together, I swear. But I'm single now (woo!) so I have no boyfriend trying to take up all my time :)

TOTALLY NOT EDITED SO BARE WITH ME, MY EDITOR IS CURRENTLY LOST

Bold= Swedishhhh

N I N E T E E N | BONDING TIME

It's okay to lie if it's for a good cause, right?

Clarke held her head in her hands, not sure of what she should do. She knew he would ask for her, it would have been naively stupid to think otherwise, and as happy as she was to hear Bellamy's voice once again, she knew that the happiness wouldn't last for long. Not if she told him where Carter really was.

"Uh, she's out at the moment." Was Clarke's reply... But that single moment of hesitation is what ruined her plan.

"Where is she, Clarke?" His voice had dropped all happiness and relief that was there a few moments previously. He knew something was up, no thanks to her terrible ability to lie.

She didn't know what to do. She wanted to do the right thing, to tell him where Carter had really gone... But she knew if she told him that then he'd immediately want to search for her instead of completing what he's there to do. Clarke's plan relied on Bellamy, he couldn't become distracted.

She was doing it for her friends. To save them.

"She's helping Raven with the signal tower since Raven can't climb the ladder." Clarke cleared her throat, squeezing her hands into fists. It felt so wrong to lie to him, but she knew it was the right thing to do. At least that was what she thought anyway.

"... Okay." Bellamy's voice still sounded suspicious, but he seemed to drop it. "Is Octavia okay?"

Clarke snorted. "You've asked me that already, they're both fine." I hope, she whispered inwardly. "Just focus on what you've got to do Bellamy, this entire thing relies on you succeeding."

"It'll happen, don't worry."

And with that, the two leaders ended their conversation. Clarke hung her head even lower. Carter had been gone all night and dawn was just about to break with still no communication from her. Wick had said she had a radio, so why had they not heard from her?

Clarke immediately thought of the worst and prayed that she was wrong.

"She's gonna ring in, don't worry." A voice spoke from behind her and Clarke straightened herself up, looking back at Raven. "You shouldn't have lied to him though."

"What was I supposed to do? We need Bellamy now more than ever, if he dies, we die. I can't have him getting distracted." Clarke tried to reason, but the words felt bitter on her tongue.

"And what about when she finds him? He's gonna know you lied then." Raven sat beside Clarke.

"But what if she doesn't find him? She's been gone for hours Raven and we've heard nothing. It was a stupid idea letting her go alone." Clarke clenched her jaw.

"You really think she would have stayed behind on your say so?" Raven flicked up an eyebrow, her eyes sparkled dimly with amusement. Clarke knew she had a point, there wasn't a time she could remember that Carter listened to authority against her own actions... Not even her dad. "Besides, you should have more faith in her, she's not easy to kill, just like we aren't. She's one of us, I know she can do it."

Clarke desperately hoped Raven was right.

***

Carter scowled deeper at the hissing come from the radio. She had already taken it apart to make sure it wasn't broken, but she couldn't find anything in Rae's quarters to boost the signal, so she was stuck listening to white noise until Rae got back. She was getting food from the mess hall or something, Carter wasn't really paying attention.

She needed to contact the camp, let them know she was still alive and inside Mount Weather. She wanted to know if they had heard anything from Bellamy, if he was still alive and if so, where he was. She wanted to hear the voices of all her friends again.

But no. Just white noise.

She groaned loudly and threw her head back in frustration. Jasper and the rest of her friends were right there. Right down that hall. But she was under strict house arrest, according to a certain red head.

Carter scoffed and rolled her eyes, since when did she listen to orders, anyway? She kicked her feet off the splintered coffee table and stood up, ready to make a break for it when the clicking of the door lock resounded throughout the room. Faster than her brain could allow, she quickly threw herself back down on the couch and her legs slammed against the table as she tried to look as casual as possible. Like she wasn't just about to leave.

"Honey, I'm home!" Rae snickered as she made her way to where Carter was sat, her arms were bundled with all sorts of foreign foods Carter hadn't seen before. She ungraciously unloaded the food onto the table before staring at Carter, the humor she held previously had died down and was instead was replaced with a more sober look. "So considering we're gonna be partner's in crime now-- because there's absolutely no way I'm letting have fun sneaking around this place without me-- there's something I should tell you."

Carter's lips flickered in the shadow of a smile. She had hoped Rae would stick around to help her since it was quite evident that Carter wasn't the best person at planning things, but she didn't want to ask the girl, it would have been more than a lot to ask of her after she had done so much already. "Go on." Carter insisted.

"Well, uh, how do I put this without being blunt?" Rae bit her lip. "I'm... A fugitive."

"What?" Carter drawled slowly, narrowing her eyes in confusion. Funny, she could have sworn she heard Rae say she was a fugitive, a criminal...

"I'm a criminal in hiding," Rae amended, the innocent smile on her face was an oxymoron to the worlds she spoke. "This apartment, isn't my home, it's empty, and I've been squating here for the past four weeks."

"Why?" Carter blinker several times, completely overwhelmed by confusion.

"It's a long story." Rae shrugged, leaning further back on the couch. It amazed Carter at how nonchalant she was acting.

"We've got all night." The engineer retorted, nudging her head towards the Radio which was still hissing.

"Okay, so basically, there are two groups in Mount Weather," Rae began, rather reluctantly. "You have the assholes and then you have the decent people. Well, the assholes are actually pretty much all in power, which means they can tell the decent people what to do and if they didn't comply, then they were tried and usually executed." 

"Sounds a bit like the Ark." Carter mused.

"I think being an asshole is the price of power. Anyway, my parents were on the decent people's side once they found out that the head doctor had authorized blood transfusions to help cure sick people."

"I fail to see what's so wrong about that." Carter stated with pursed lips.

"Quit interrupting me and we'll get there," Rae rolled her eyes. "These blood transfusions were from Outsiders. The blood that was making us better was killing them. The head doctor thought it would be a good idea to take Outsider's away from their homes and drain them of their blood just so we could live to see another day. My parents weren't okay with this. So they started a protest outside the infirmary, I was only about seven at the time, but I remember it so clearly..." Her voice trailed off as though she was reliving the memory. "My dad and a few others were shouting loudly when the guards came, telling them that they're animals for taking blood that kills another, and the next thing they knew," She closed one eye and made a gun with her hand before murmuring 'pow' under her breath. "All of them were shot dead, the guards said that they were holding dangerous weapons and looked ready to attack, the security feed was burned so they didn't look like the murderers they were."

"I'm sorry, Rae." Carter grimaced. She may have lost her mom, but at least she still had her father. Even after everything that had happened between the two, Carter would be devastated if something happened to Kane. "But how did you become a fugitive?"

"Because I never listened to the BS they tried spoon feeding me." Rae snorted. "When I turned eleven, I already knew everything that was happening within this place. If something happened, I probably knew it... Here, I'll show you."

Rae stood up, and walked towards one of the closed doors, Carter followed in suit with narrowed eyes, curious as to what Rae had to show her. Once the door was open, it exposed a room full of mini televisions, all with different places of Mount Weather on, inside and outside. Carter's jaw fell slack as she shifted her sight from one screen to the other, watching as unsuspecting people walked, like she wasn't even watching them.

"They only use computer screens for a year before manufacturing new ones, so I've been collecting them and then I hacked into their security. That's how I know where the guards are at most of the time," She looked up with a proud grin. "Cool, right?"

"For sure." Carter nodded. And then a thought had hit her and her eyes widened. "Wait! You've got to have a booster in here somewhere to receive this much feed at one time, right?"

"If you're on about that blinking box down there, then yes." Rae gestures to the said blinking box and Carter laughed airily. "I didn't know what it was but it helps the security feed not go all pixelated."

"Yeah, it's a booster, that's not its real name, but eh. If I can connect the radio to this it will boost the signal and I might be able to get in touch with camp." Carter smiled, jogging back to the coffee table where the radio was disregarded. Before she went to the box, she hunted the apartment for a rogue wire she could manipulate to be a port.

"What about you?" Rae suddenly asked, causing the engineer to pause in her searching.

"Huh?" Carter raised an eyebrow.

"Well you know my story now, what's yours?" Rae leaned against the threshold, folding her arms.

"Uh, I'm not following."

"Why are you so hell bent on finding your friends?" She cocked her head to the side slightly. "Here, it's every man for themselves, if someone get taken or keel over, we'd all carry on with our normal lives."

"We've been through too much to just let them go." Carter shrugged. "At some point or another, they stopped being acquaintances and became family. I just can't let them die,"

"Makes sense, I guess." Rae agreed. "But didn't you say that another one of your people are here? In Mount Weather?"

"Yeah, or at least, the last thing I heard was that he was coming here with Lincoln, a Grounder or Outsider as you call them, and I couldn't just sit back at camp knowing it was just them two against the whole of this place." Carter explained.

"... So your plan was to come rescue them and your friends with just yourself even though you think just two people isn't enough?" Rae frowned, not quite understanding the blonde's clearly failed logic. Half the time, Carter didn't even understand her own logic, she just went with it and hoped for the best.

"Yeah." Carter nodded. "Because when I find Bellamy, I'm gonna kick his ass into next week for even thinking this was a good idea. He knows better than anyone how I can't and won't lose anyone else I care for, and yet he decided to go on a suicidal mission."

"Sounds like you and this Bellamy guy are close." Rae mused, side stepping to let Carter into her room full of cameras now that she had acquired a spare wire. Carter quickly began to work on it, cutting away the rubber at one end to expose the naked wire beneath.

"I guess you could say that." Carter replied vaguely. "He's been there more times than I can count, it's only right for me to return the favor. I owe him it... And then I'll kick his ass."

"Oh boy you really love him don't you." Rae snickered. It was sarcasm. So very obvious that Rae wasn't being serious, yet Carter's heart clenched at the mere tease and her eyes bugged.

No, she doesn't love him, surely. They haven't even been together long... But she had feelings for him way before she acted upon them. No. She shook her head inwardly, she doesn't love him. That's just... No.

It felt as if she had just swallowed cotton and she struggled to compose herself, though luckily she didn't have to, as a bright spark pinched her fingers and she yelped, falling back. In the midst of her thinking she had managed to connect the wire to the radio and plug it into the booster. Sometimes, she thought absent-minded-Carter was a better person than focused-and-determined-Carter.

She looked up at Rae, who merely shrugged, and then back down at the radio. Hesitantly, she brought it up to her mouth and pressed the little black button on the side.

"Hello?"

An agonizing silence ensued as both girls waited for a response, any kind of response would suffice. But nothing happened and Carter sighed with dejection.

"This is hopeless-"

"- Carter?! Is that you?!" A crackly voice came through the small speaker of the radio. Carter gasped and scooped up the radio within seconds, afraid that she would lose their signal.

"Yes! Yes it's me!" She rushed out with a massive smile. Finally, after all her waiting, she had got in touch with her camp.

"Thank god you're alive! I thought something happened to you." Clarke let out a shaky breath of relief and Carter's smile wavered.

"I'm a little offended that you thought otherwise to be honest, Clarke." Carter joked lightly. "You shouldn't underestimate me."

"Noted." Clarke laughed airily. "Are you in Mount Weather?"

"Yeah, I had some help from someone who lives here." Carter replied, side glancing at Rae who wore a smug smile. "No doubt I'd be a test subjects if she didn't come and save my ass."

"Bellamy said the same thing, are you with Maya?" Clarke asked curiously.

"No, I'm with a girl called Rae." The engineer shook her head despite that Clarke couldn't see the action. "Wait, Bellamy's alive? He's in here?"

"Yes, he is." Clarke affirmed. "You need to find him, he knows what's next in our plan... We can't just blow up Mount Weather, there's too many innocent people in there."

"You were gonna blow this place up?" Rae frowned.

"Apparently so," Carter nodded once. "We're not monsters though Rae, we won't kill people who don't deserve it, don't worry."

Rae's frown didn't move but she nodded and pursed her lips.

"Where do I find Bellamy?" Carter turned her attention back to the radio, cocking her brow.

"His main priority is getting the rest of the Hundred out of the Mountain before we do anything. You need to find Jasper and then you'll find Bellamy." Clarke explained carefully.

"We were just there, Jasper said nothing about Bellamy." Carter mumbled with confusion. Jasper wouldn't keep something like that to himself, she was sure.

"Go back there as soon as you can, Bellamy's gonna need help."

"Aye aye, captain." Carter smirked lightly. The beginning of a plan was beginning to show, and Carter actually began to think that they had a winning chance now. "Considering this is goodbye for now, tell everyone I said hello."

"Sure, I need to go now anyway, Lexa and I are going to talk to the other tribes to form a real army. Good luck, Carter." Clarke informed in her leadership town, though Carter was sure she could hear a smile in her voice. "Be careful."

"I always am." Carter replied before letting go of the radio. Hearing from Clarke had lifted her spirits and now that she knew what she had to do instead of aimlessly waiting around, Carter once again felt determined to win this thing. She glanced up to Rae with a smirk. "Are you tired?"

"Not even slightly."

"Good, because we've got a lot of planning to do." Carter grinned, a mischievous glint was back in her eyes.

If anyone wants to make me pictures or even a trailer since I have a small obsession with Wattpad book trailers but I can't do them myself, that would be freakin' amazing! I'd give credit and a dedication and whatever else you would like in return, I really want one guys.

I'm not a big fan of this chapter, but it's like the calm before the storm I guess.

On another, completely unrelated note, I'm toTALLY AND UTTERLY OBSESSED WITH ONCE UPON A TIME ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.

And no, not just the TV show (which undeniably had me hooked from the first episode,) but WOAH SEASON THREE IS THE SHIT. I may or may not be a little bit into Peter Pan(that's a lie, I am complete Pan trash.) I got a bit worried that Robbie Kay was actually younger than me, but it turns out he's two years older so that didn't really help my obsession.

I'm actually debating writing a Pan fanfic that's how bad it is guys. Seriously debating.

Anyway, enough of that, thank you for reading, I love you all and more importantly thank you for being so patient with me <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 324 11
❝𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞? 𝐎𝐡, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧.❞ __________________ ׂׂૢ...
21.5K 424 20
you were sent down to earth as part of the 100, with no explanation but to find mount weather, a place of sanctuary. with only a measly class of eart...
17.3K 170 26
They were never meant to be He broke her completely, he lied to her, used her, left her to go to earth with the other 99 kids He took on the priorit...
114K 3.6K 63
✮ Her head wished she had went on thinking he was an infuriating, overly-confident, horribly handsome asshole, that hated her people and always put h...