Rebelling Against The Rebelli...

By MysticMayhemx

The Hunger Games are over, but that doesn't mean Katniss' story is over. She grew up... Lived her life being... More

Chapter Two: Unwanted Birthday Surprise
Chapter Three: The Three Banned Words
Chapter Four: Attacker
Chapter Five: Johanna Mason
Chapter Six: Long Distance Friendship
Chapter Seven: A Love That Never Dies
Chapter Eight: Make Me Proud, Sweetheart
Chapter Nine: Confidence Is The Key
Chapter Ten: The Reek Of Death
Chapter Eleven: Falling Katniss'
Chapter Twelve: The Man Who Makes The Eyes
Chapter Thirteen: Lights Out
Chapter Fourteen: Three Bullets
Chapter Fifteen: A Golden Life
Chapter Sixteen: Two fighting dogs, one clueless man, and a cripple.
Chapter Seventeen: Eye Of The Pilots
Chapter Eighteen: Paper Skin
Chapter Nineteen: Arrow Head
Chapter Twenty: For Prim
Chapter Twenty One: The Lost Duo
Twenty Two: The Aftermath
UPDATE/NOTICE! PLEASE READ!

Chapter One: White Primrose [Construction: Done]

22.3K 104 59
By MysticMayhemx

Hey everyone! I am so in love with the Hunger Games Trilogy, I decided to continue on with the story. I DO NOT OWN THIS IDEA. Suzanne Collins owns this idea. ALL RIGHTS GO TO SUZANNE COLLINS. I am just continuing on to what she had written. I hope you like the fourth book!

CAUTION: If you have not read the last Hunger Games book, Mockinjay, do Not continue on. MANY SPOILERS. I don't want to ruin it for you all!

        I pick a white blooming Primrose from the ground and hold it tightly against my chest, allowing the sweet familiar scent fill my senses. The scent always calmed my nerves... And right now, I needed it. I slowly crouched down to my knees and rested the single delicate flower on top of my sister, Prims, memorial grave. I take three of my middle fingers, press them against my lips and close my eyes. Prim was a fighter. A believer. A symbol of hope. She nursed the sick back in District 13 out of pure dedication. Prim was always eager to help a patient in need or be an assistant to my mother. She cared for anyone, even if she didn't like them. I respect her for that. I couldn't do the same.  I take the three fingers off my lips and hold them above me, towards the setting sky. 

       "I love you" I whisper quietly, melting to my knees in desperate sorrow. It's not fair. I should of been the one to die, not her. I stood right there, useless, as I watched her be swallowed up by the flames. It was so quick. She didn't even get to say her last words to me. I could of swore she was going to scream out my name, but instead, she just looked at me. Those big, beautiful blue eyes boring into mine with such emptiness - and then she was gone. Just like that. My little sister is dead. And I did nothing to save her. 

        I lean back to sit with my knees propped up and lock my gaze on the memorial. Everyday I come here to talk to her. Tell her about my day, how I'm feeling... As if she were here. Right by my side as usual. 

        "I wish you were here" I mutter, grazing my gaze along the grass while playing with the lace on my boot. "You know," I begin. "Peeta baked a cake this morning. He made it specially for you." 

I twist the lace from my boot around my finger, making it look like I have webbed feet. This instantly makes me think of Finnick. The star victor of the 65th Hunger Games who not only wooed everyone with his dashing masculine looks, but owned the crowd with his unfortunate love story. He came from District 4 and was my friend. Considerably family when he wasn't trying to 'woo' me on his own. 

      District 4 specialized in fishing. The ocean was his second home, and I didn't blame him. He swam like  a shark; fast and furious. But then again, he's gone. Dead. All because he helped me finish my task to kill Snow. He risked his life, just like everyone else, to help the rebels win. Now his son would never get to meet his own father. Only in pictures would he be able to see Finnick. A father, a husband, a gallant victor, and a great friend. 

       Even though their deaths were so long ago, it hits me in the face almost everyday, just like when I witnessed it. Now I think of it, I saw all of them die right in front of me. The thought makes me feel sick. I felt it. The hot, stinging tears that threatened to spill. I have to get away. I hurriedly bring myself to my feet and swipe the back of my palm over my damp cheek. "Happy birthday," I mumble. But before I can even finish, I'm already gone. I walk to Victors Village in silence, though in order to get there, I have to pass through the Seam first. Still some remains of the bombing ten years ago surround the area. Most people rebuilt their homes and shops, with the help of the Capitol. President Paylor is making sure District 12 is cleaned up and flipped around to healthy city. She is making sure no one is left on the streets on the verge of starvation. She's giving what we desperately needed years ago. 

       I reach Victors Village in a matter of time. In front of my house - wait no. In front of mine and Peeta's house are the kids. Our kids. They dance together on the lawn, twirling and jumping around happily. And here I stood, 10 years ago refusing to ever have any. Things really do change. 

I couldn't help but scoff at myself as I lift a brow in their direction, noticing Peeta's broad figure sitting on the porch steps, clapping for the kids performance. He sort of had a double take on me. Once he noticed my weak smile, he lifted himself up off the steps, followed by the kids screaming out for me. Within seconds, the two jumped and clawed at me like little animals. 

        "Jeez. Let your mother breath," Peeta says with a chuckle. 

       "I've obviously been missed" I managed a small smile and ruffled up both of the little animals hair, before watching as they jumped up and down and ran off back to the house. 

      "Be careful!" Peeta calls after. "And watch what you're doing. Fin - the grass is not food. If you want food - " 

        "Let it go" I cut in. "Either way we'll be wiping grass off his behind." 

       Peeta rolled his eyes up the sky and pulled me in for a short embrace. "Sad, but true. How was it?" 

      "Worse than usual" I sigh, internally frowning. I pull back my hair back and tie it into a pony tail. My hair isn't long enough for my old signature braid that lied down my back. I plan on growing it out, to feel like my old self again. 

     "Well, lucky for you, I may just have something that will cheer you up" Before I could even respond, Peeta links his fingers with mine and leads me and the kids into the house, straight for the kitchen. And there it is. 

        Prims birthday cake. Delicately frosted with a coat of light pink frosting along three plump layers, each getting smaller as it stacks up. Elegant white sugar primroses surround the master piece along with with something written on top with purple. I move forward, just a bit to see what was written. 

 Happy Birthday Primrose Everdeen. We love and miss you. 

     "It's amazing, Peeta... How long did this take you?" 

      "Two, three hours?" Peeta replies indifferently. "No big deal." 

      I glance down at my feet before turning around the face him. "Thank you. Prim would of loved it. She will love it." 

       Peeta takes me in for a quick hug and kiss. I really do owe him. Even now, I'm 26 and I still cant stop owing people. This is getting ridiculous. You would of thought I paid back all the people who helped me in the past. Nope. Not a chance. I'm still waist deep in debt. 

      "Can we eat it?" a small voice chimes in. Rue, mouth watering and bug eyed, beams up at me with her radiant blue eyes. She has my dark hair while her brother, Fin, has Peeta's blond wavy locks with the gray Seam eyes. "Soon" Peeta wiggles his finger. "If you can get your brother to stop eating grass, then you can have as much as you want." Rue jumped up in delight and scurried her way down the hall to find Fin, calling out crazily. 

     "I owe you" I say, leaning my back against the counter. "Once again." 

    "No you don't," Peeta interlocks our fingers once more and curved his lips into a faint smile. "You gave me everything I could possibly ask for." 

      "Here you again with the sweetness, and the smile, and the entire package" I flail my free hand up and release a heavy groan. "Sometimes I feel like the emotionless man in this relationship." 

     "If thats the case, don't expect me to wear a dress. A wig, maybe. But a dress? Not a chance." Peeta laughed and tugged me by the hip, pressing his warm, silky lips against my own. Every time we kiss, or embrace, or even hold hands, it feels like we're back in the arena. I had to face that urging hunger to kiss him, to hold him, to allow him to take the lead. I had to deal with it back then. Not I want it. The only difference from being in the arena and now is that I'm not pretending to be in love with the bakers son. 

I am in love with the boy with the bread.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 306 87
It's been twenty-five years since Katniss Everdeen started a rebellion. What if she didn't win? What happens if President Snow continued the games? ...
41K 1.2K 35
This story takes place between the last page in Mockingjay and the Epilogue. The Capitol has FINALLY left Katniss and Peeta alone, or have they? The...
41.9K 640 25
'π•Ύπ–π–Š π–œπ–†π–˜ π–‰π–Šπ–™π–Šπ–—π–’π–Žπ–“π–Šπ–‰, π–˜π–π–Š π–œπ–†π–˜ π–Žπ–“π–‰π–Šπ–˜π–™π–—π–šπ–ˆπ–™π–Žπ–‡π–‘π–Š, π–˜π–π–Š π–œπ–†π–˜ π•¬π–™π–π–Šπ–“π–† π–‚π–Žπ–“π–™π–Šπ–—, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–“π–”π–™π–π–Žπ–“π–Œ, 𝖓𝖔...
43.6K 797 25
Two district 4 citizens trying to survive in Panem as victors with an unspoken love dwindling between them. She tries her best to not let her love fo...