Stay Omega Stay (Book #3)

By sunshine919

After finally making it back home, things have seemed to take a drastic and heartbreaking path for Penelope... More

Stay Omega Stay
(1) Stay Omega Stay
(2) Stay Omega Stay
(3) Stay Omega Stay
(4) Stay Omega Stay
(5) Stay Omega Stay
(6) Stay Omega Stay
(7) Stay Omega Stay
(8) Stay Omega Stay
(9) Stay Omega Stay
(10) Stay Omega Stay
(11) Stay Omega Stay
(12) Stay Omega Stay
(13) Stay Omega Stay
(15) Stay Omega Stay
(16) Stay Omega Stay
(17) Stay Omega Stay
(18) Stay Omega Stay
(19) Stay Omega Stay
(20) Stay Omega Stay
(21) Stay Omega Stay
(22) Stay Omega Stay
(23) Stay Omega Stay
(24) Stay Omega Stay
(25) Stay Omega Stay
(26) Stay Omega Stay
(27) Stay Omega Stay
(28) Stay Omega Stay
(29) Stay Omega Stay
(30) Stay Omega Stay
(31) Stay Omega Stay
(32) Stay Omega Stay
(33) Stay Omega Stay
(34) Stay Omega Stay
(35) Stay Omega Stay
Epilogue
New Book!

(14) Stay Omega Stay

3K 179 9
By sunshine919

Chapter 14.

It could have just been adrenaline, but after realizing that Savannah was going to be the first person I cared about to die, I was able to push Lucian off me as if he weighed nothing. I ran in a haze after getting off the bed towards where she might be. She tended to be in the kitchen, but I didn't know what time it was.

I pushed my legs to go faster as I ran down the hall. It felt strange to be on my legs after so long of being off them. I've missed running now that I think about it, and it's hard to believe that only a month and a half ago, I was trapped in such a small prison.

When I entered the kitchen, I was greeted with confused stares, none being Savannah's. My mother was though, and she approached me hesitantly. My father was directly beside her, and they walked towards me very cautiously. They could probably hear my racing heart and were no doubt concerned.

"Penny are you okay?" My mom placed her hand on my shoulder, but I only shrugged it off and turned on my heel.

Two large hands clasped on my shoulders, and shocks traveled around my body from them. I looked up and locked eyes with Lucian, who did not look impressed with my actions. I let out a small snarl before trying to push out of his grip.

"I'm sorry Celia, Cooper," He nodded at both my parents as he turned me around to face them. "She's acting very different, it's probably just her heat."

"No it's not!" I snarled, trying to squirm out of my mates hold. "Where's Savannah? I need to find her, something's wrong."

Something crossed my mom's face, and she turned around to look at the faces around the kitchen. "I don't know."

Not a moment after did Malcolm come in, his hair wet and his skin smelling of soap. He was dressed in an elegant suit, his hand halfway to his neck, holding a bottle of expensive looking cologne. His eyes widened when he saw the commotion, and he instantly set the container down on a nearby counter.

"What's going on here?" He asked, looking between my mother and I.

"Where's your cousin?" My dad inquired, authority clear in his voice.

"Alpha Cooper," he paused and looked around the room. "I don't know where Savannah is, she should be here. I went in her room and she wasn't there."

Lucian cursed under his breath and released my shoulders after realizing I may just be right. If he doesn't know where Savannah is, then he can't get in contact her through the pack link. It would've been okay if she wasn't here but someone knew because wolves go on runs all the time. Since he can't get in touch with her, something's clearly wrong.

"Do you know where she is?" Malcolm looked as if he was about to attack someone, and his eyes were directed at me.

"No, I don't."

"She was with you last night!" He shouted, his sudden outburst startling me. "She's the only family I have left and she goes missing not even a full seventy-two hours of finally reuniting with her."

"Malcolm, calm down, don't let your father's Beta blood control your anger." My mother spoke hesitantly, obviously understanding how to handle his temper after growing up with him.

"You probably killed her!" He accused, pointing a finger directly at me. "I mean, you killed that witch, who's to say you wouldn't do it again."

My heart stopped from his words. It felt like a knife was plunged into my chest and all he was doing was twisting it for fun. Tears pricked in my eyes, and my lips began to tremble. I was trying to help find out what happened to Savannah and he was wrongfully accusing me.

Killing the witch was a pure accident. I hadn't meant to do it, but it happened and if I could reverse it, I would. No one deserved to die of anything, and having that happen to her, was awful. She was young, and didn't deserve to have suffer that fate.

"Malcolm, instead of wasting your energy shouting at my daughter, you can help us find her." My mother suggested. "She couldn't have gone far."

"This wouldn't be the first time she's gone missing." Lucian interrupted looking down at me and then towards Malcolm. "She disappears every once in a while."

"But I know somethings wrong." I interjected, shooting daggers into the side of his head. "I can feel it."

"We'll look for her." My dad announced turning towards the pack members in the room. "Pack meeting in fifteen minutes, I expect all Fighters and Scouts to be there."

"Yes Alpha." Chorused the many women in the room, and they all scurried to find the nearest exit.

I turned on my heel and excited the kitchen before approaching the front door and turning the knob. Stepping out into the cold morning air, I walked down the few steps of the porch and began my journey across the ankle deep snow. Everyone seemed to understand I wanted to be alone, and it was true.

How did I know Savannah was gone? Being the next Moon Goddess couldn't have this kind of effect on me yet, at least not that I know of. This hasn't happened in a thousand years and was never recorded. But I can't help but wondering what this will mean for me. If I can sense that somethings wrong with Savannah, what else can I do?

I looked down at my hands as I dodged an oncoming tree and sighed. I can see the dead, which clearly isn't normal for anyone, and I've entered people's memories. Crossing my arms over my chest, I journeyed further into the woods.

Suddenly, I came across a clearing, and immediately knew it was a frozen over lake. Looking behind me, I cautiously stepped onto it, feeling the ice complain from the new weight. As I walked across the lake, I couldn't help but think about my times in my prison.

It's hard believing me that after nearly eighteen years of being trapped in there, I would be here. I'm with the family I've always wanted, with a man I'm slowly falling in love with. I've made friends with the most amazing people, and I've experienced so many new things. Lilura may have shown me and taught me everything I know, but experiencing is a lot better than watching it.

When I reached the center of the lake, I stopped walking and frozen. I turned my head up and looked up at the cloudy sky and sighed. Life's changed so much, and I couldn't ask for it differently. I've managed to live a life I've wanted, at least one that I know is manageable.

I felt a shiver run up my spine, and I turned to my side to see Logan appear. His hands were in his jean pockets, his blonde hair sticking to his forehead as if he had taken a shower. However not physically being on the world, it seems impossible. His golden eyes locked with mine, and he let out a sigh before running a hand through his face.

"I know where Savannah is." He informed, and my eyes widened in shock. "But there's something you need to know first."

"What is it?" I questioned, my eyebrows scrunching together in confusion.

"The only reason you're able to enter people's memories is because of me. I pushed the line between life and death and you're paying for my mistake." He said regretfully. "Memories are meant to be private and only revealed verbally."

"But I can understand people more by seeing their memories, it's a good thing." I smiled at him kindly, but he only shook his head with a solemn look.

"The fact that you can see memories gives Ayana the advantage." He explained. "Because she's a witch, she'll be able to torment your mind now that this kind of door has been unlocked by me."

"I'll find a way to keep her out of it." I said confidently. "She can't hurt our family anymore."

He sighed, but eventually let that conversation drop. "Ayana has Savannah, she kidnapped her with her magic late last night."

"I had that suspicion." I noted, looking down at my feet. There must be a way to find her and get her back unharmed. If I'm right than she plans to kill her.

"I was keeping an eye in Savannah." A look crossed his face, one I couldn't quite understand, but as quick as it came it disappeared. "Ayana is keeping her about ten miles west of here in a rundown cabin."

"Then all we have to do is get her." I put forward before turning around heading in the direction I came from. I'll get Malcolm and the rest of my friends and family and have them come with me to help save her.

"Penelope wait." Logan suddenly appeared in front of me with a solid look. "Ayana wants you to come alone, or else she'll kill Savannah in front of everyone."

"If she wants me, then she'll get me." I say without looking at him as I swerve around him. "But not without a fight."

Logan continued to follow him, his body dodging trees as I exited the lake and entered the thick woods. Since he's dead, he couldn't prevent me from going anywhere, so all he did was look desperately. I couldn't figure out why he was acting this way, he never did before. He seemed reckless, as if he knew the outcome of the events about to take place.

Soon enough he appeared in front of me again, this time with his arms crossed, and when I tried to go through him, I bounced right off. I looked at him in shock, wondering how he was able to come in contact with me. He had only done it once, and that had left negative impacts on me. I glowered at him, and shook my head.

"Penelope, you have more powers than you think, and Ayana is trying to take advantage of that." He concluded. "You can't just march in there, you're guaranteed a death sentence."

"I'm not going to be the reason someone dies, not again." When I tried to move through him again, I was knocked over. "How on earth are you doing that?"

"I died a violent death but was innocent, which means I get more access to interact with the world." He stated, his eyebrows scrunched together. "But I'm serious, you need to learn your powers, entering as unprepared as you are is suicide."

"Then who will help me with these," I lifted my fingers to create quotations, "powers that I meraculously have."

"It isn't so hard, but Lilura will be able to." I thought back to all the impacts Lilura had on my life, and how I would be needing her for something I didn't understand. What did powers did Logan think I had? If it's what he's hinting at, then it has to do with magic.

How could I possibly have magic? I'm born from wolf bloodlines, and it's clear that no one in my family had magic. My father despised it, which I still had no reason why. Perhaps he came across someone with magic, or maybe a relative has magic. Still, it doesn't make sense why I would have it. There's no possible explaination.

I'm the next Moon Goddess, I shouldn't have any responsibilty of learning how to do magic. I'm not well educated in that, but I'm certain someone who protects the wolves shouldn't have anything to do with witches and magic. What will my dad think when he sees me trying to learn the thing he despises?

I shook my head, I couldn't think about that right now. I had to find Savannah, if I didn't I'll have Malcolm to answer to. Though I don't know his entire background with my mom, I know he was my moms old packs, Beta's son. He had come after my mom when she escaped, managed to get away after being taken by my dad, and went after his own Alpha. After the war he came after my mom, told her he never meant any harm to her, and left. Not long after he went missing.

I walked around Logan, this time him letting me go around him. I didn't know what to think, or what to believe. Everything was happening to quickly, and I wanted it to despertely stop. It doesn't feel like I've only been home for well over two weeks, yet so much has happened.

I've killed someone, reunited a family, and broke apart that same family in less than a few days. I'm a burden to the people around me, causing only harm to my loved ones. It's clear my parents are happy I'm home, but they're hurting over the fact that my brother Clayton is still in a coma. I don't even know him, yet I wish it was me in his place.

Clayton had everything and it was all crumbling. London, his mate, is pregnant and the baby deserves to grow up with a father. I've ruined the chance of that ever happening, at least without doing something. There must be a way to wake up my brother, without there needing to be a sacrifice. He may be the only person compatible for it, but I remember my father saying something to my mother not to long ago. 'Everything has a loophole, and it may be right in front of us.'

If I have the ability to use magic, maybe I'll be able to discover the loophole and bring my brother back. Is everything connected and I just haven't been looking hard enough? The memories, the betrayals, all of it links together. Fia and Sal had all been the start of this, and it was like a domino effect. Every event in life lead to something either good or bad. Every deal made, every discovery had all led up to this very moment.

I may not be the Moon Goddess, but when I do I have to be prepared. Using magic may help me when I die, but having it while I'm living can be put to good use. I can save so many lives, even if the war between the wolves and the witches are taking place. There is no possible way I will sit back and watch the people I love get hurt. I will not lose another family member or friend, and that I will try my best to enact.

When I storm into the house with a new atmosphere of confidence, I know everyone in the pack can feel it. It may be my father's Alpha blood, or the Moon Goddess's energy coursing through me, but they could sense it. I entered the living room, where the most important people needed were for this plan to work. They all turned at my entrance, their eyes questioning my sudden authority and power. Even my dad seemed bewildered on whether to look me in the eye or bow his head in submission.

"I have a job for each one of you." I proclaimed, my eyes scimming over all my friends and family. "And I need it to be done as soon as possible."

I started on the left and began giving everyone their jobs. Fia and Sal will be looking for books and scripture on sacrificial magic. Emilia and my grandfather Patrick will organise places to keep the weak and untrained wolves when the war sparks. My Uncle Adam, Aunt Paige, and Shaw will travel throughout Canada to find allies we will need to fight the battle. Trixie and Jeremy will return back to their pack and bring as many warriors that seemed fit while Jackie accumpanies Shaw and Lucian stayed with me. My Aunt Sage and Rylan will look up ways to kill witches easily, and tricks that wolves will need in order to defend themselves. Malcolm will sniff around for any trace of Savannah, and even question people around the pack to see if they saw anything, the cabin couldn't be too far. Kory was going to go back to his pack in Bermuda and gather his warriors, while Oliver stayed training as many men as he could manage. My parents were going to research as much as they could about what being the next Moon Goddess means for me, and how I can make the world better.

"What about me?" Lilura stood up, her arms crossed and an eyebrow risen. Oliver gave her a glance, clearly wondering why she was showing disrespect to me. The power coming off of me clearly showing it's effect on him.

"You're going to help me." I said with a smile, looking beside me as Logan appeared beside me with a supportive tight lipped smile.

"Help you with what?" She asked curiously, her eyes roaming my body as if looking for injuries.

"You've been my teacher before, and I need you to do it again." I bit my lip, looking at all the people who cared so much about me and would no doubt do anything to help me. "I need you to teach me magic."

«»

I was wandering around the house when I found it.

A door was wide open, and I had never been in it before. Everyone was eating dinner, and I had excused myself to take a relaxing bath before I tried to learn magic tomorrow. The faster I learned it, the better and more prepared I was for the war. With curiousity killing me, I entered the room.

It was a baren bedroom, but the scent of my parents made it clear that this was their room. There were stacks of paper on the bed, and boxes around it. They had already gotten started on the assignment I gave them. Other than that, it was mostly empty besides a bed and a dresser. Judging by the dust coating the dresser, it was clear where picture frames had once been laid out. No doubt they were pictures that hurt my mother to look at.

I was about to leave when something caught my eyes. There was a stack of powder pink paper, something that was out of the ordinary with the rest in the room. I looked at the one on the top and sat down in the comfortably office chair. A pen was beside a single sheet of paper, but I paid no mind to it as I reached in the middle of the pile and grabbed a random one.

I began reading it, and as I did it brought tears to my eyes.

My darling Penelope,

Today would've been your sixteenth birthday, and my would you have been the most beautiful young woman on the planet. It's been six years since your passing, but everyday I still can't get the feeling that you're out there somewhere, and maybe someday you'll come home. Your brothers have grown, and they've been questioning you constantly to your father, expecially your brother Clayton. He's so determined, what of I don't know, but I can feel he's gathering a plan. I've asked Sage to look over him, it had been the first time I spoke in a long time, but it was necessary.

Gosh, I miss you. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you, and not a moment passes when I wish you were here beside me. Sometimes I wonder, when things happen in the pack, what you would do and what you would say. Life's so bleak, and if you were here, maybe things will become brighter. I can only think of what if's, but I can't help but be hopeful. You are my daughter and I will always love you, no matter where you are on this earth. I love you.

-Mom

______________________________________________________*(A/N)* 

IT'S SUNDAY! AND I AM SO HAPPY TO BE BACK!

I know it's been a month, and I'm REALLY sorry for that. Life's been pretty busy, and I blame school and my other activities that take up a lot of my time. I promise not to take as long as I did to update next time. Plus, writers block hit me pretty good, but I think I'm finally over it and the story is finally hitting off to what I want.

Tell me your thoughts about this chapter. If you're confused, more will be explained in the next chapter, so let me know in the comments! 

VOTE/ COMMENT/ SHARE/ FAN

Xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 42.4K 41
"It was my fault." I stated looking down at my slowly growing clammy hands. He would never forgive me after I told him this. My deepest darkest secre...
22.9K 632 21
From the minute these girls were born they were in danger. From being half breeds to losing their parents and brother at an early age these girls nee...
251K 8.6K 42
{COMPLETED} This Reader is basically the same as the first book (Darkiplier x Reader) I wrote. Same general world, but the story itself will be orig...
80K 933 17
The story of how my life changed, completely, in minutes. One minutes I was a normal werewolf girl, looking for her mate. The next, I am the Alpha, I...