The Fellowship's Silvertongue

By gretaluvslife1

Kayla, is what you would call a bookworm. You never see her without a book, but she doesn't read aloud, becau... More

Another Silver Tongue
Ch.2: Thoughts
Ch. 3: A Dream is an Idea, an Idea is an Accomplishment.
Ch. 4: Starting the Lifestyle.
Ch. 5: Seventeen Years
Welcome To Rivendell
The Council of Elrond
Winter in Rivendell
Decisions and More Books
The Ring Goes South
The Mountains
Afraid of The Dark?
Many Things Await In The Dark
Lothlorien.
Swords and Confusion.

A Journey Lies Ahead of Us

6K 207 64
By gretaluvslife1

The four hobbits lay sleeping in bed at the inn, Aragorn and Rosa sat by the window keeping watch for any nazguls to come by.

"What do you suppose you're going to do with them?" Rosa asked, already knowing the answer.

"We'll take them to Rivendell, and see what Lord Elrond can do with the ring." Aragorn looked at her. The screeching of Nazguls was heard, even closer than before. Soon the black riders came into view, heading over to a different room.
After a brief silence, the screams were heard again. Rosa knew what had happened. The dark riders were tricked into thinking that we were in a different room, they attempted to kill us, but failed. All four of the hobbits sat up in fear.

"What are they?" Samwise (called Sam for short) asked.

"They were once men, taken under control of Sauron, their selfish souls failed them. They are now souls, mourning over their own mistakes." Aragorn turned to face the little ones.

"They'll never stop until they find what they are looking for." Rosa finished. Frodo gripped the ring that was chained around his neck. "You four get some more sleep, you'll need it."

The little hobbits obeyed her orders and leaned back into their beds.

"As the same for you Rosa." Aragorn nudged her. "I'll stay up and keep watch."

"Alright." Rosa stood up and walked over to a bed. "Goodnight Aragorn."

"Sleep well." Aragorn returned.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Aragorn led the way to Rivendell, Rosa stayed behind the hobbits to keep watch behind them. Plus, she could hear what they were whispering.

"How do we know we can trust them? Where are they even taking us?" Sam asked Frodo.

"He's here to help us, Sam." Frodo said.

"Oi! Where are you takin' us?" Sam spoke up.

"We're taking you to Rivendell, to see Lord Elrond." Aragorn replied. Sam's doubt changed.

"Did you hear that Mr. Frodo? We're going to see the elves!" He exclaimed. It was Sam's life long dream to see the elves, and now his wish would come true.
A smile came across Rosa's face as well, wondering if the elves were really as amazing as she dreamed.
Rosa took a quick glance behind her, seeing that no one was there, then ran up to Aragorn's side.

"I've never seen the elves before." She said. "Are they as merry as people say they are?"

"If they're in the right mood yes. Graceful they are most of the time. Lord Elrond is a good friend of mine." Aragorn replied.

"What's he like? Lord Elrond." Rosa asked, already knowing the answer, but wanting to know more.

"He's fair, noble, kind. A great leader." When I was young, he cared for me as a foster child. Aragorn answered.

"He has three children am I correct?" Rosa added in.

"Yes. Elladan and Elrohir the twin brothers and Arwen." Aragorn nodded. Behind them, the sound of clanging dishes and voices was heard. The two turned around to face the four hobbits who were digging around in the food pack.

"What are you doing?" Rosa asked.

"We're only to stop at sundown." Aragorn said.

"What about breakfast?" Peregrin(Pippin for short) asked.

"We've already had it." Aragorn and Rosa replied in unison. Rosa couldn't help but filling in lines from the story.

"We've had one yes, but what about second breakfast?" Pippin smiled a dorky smile. Rosa and Aragorn exchanged looks, and continued walking.

"They're hobbits you know.." Rosa started.

"Yes, I am well aware of that." Aragorn nodded.

"My point is, they eat seven meals a day." Rosa stopped Aragorn. "They eat a lot. You don't want them to starve do you?"
Aragorn pressed his lips together, then took two apples from his jacket and threw them to the hobbits. Rosa smiled and they continued walking when the hobbits caught up.

•~•~•~•~•

At sundown, the travelers reached the Weather Top.

"Here." Aragorn threw each of the halflings a dagger. In their hands, they were the size of swords. "I'm going to scout the place. Rosa, stay here with them. And make sure they keep quiet." Rosa nodded. The four little ones looked at her. She watched Aragorn walk away and disappear into the dark. She looked back at the hobbits who were still staring at her.

"What, never seen a lady before?" Rosa crossed her arms over her chest.

"We've seen ladies before, just not dressed in men's wear." Sam replied.

"And is there anything wrong with that? Because where I come from, it is quite often that you see women dressed in trousers." Rosa said.

"Where do you come from?" Pippin leaned forward.

"Somewhere way far away from here." Rosa looked off into the distance.

"Its getting dark out. I can't see anything." Meriadoc(Merry for short) said.

"That's good. Now the dark riders can't see anything." Rosa sat down on a rock.

"I'm hungry." Pippin stated.

"Stop complainin' it'll only make things worse." Sam said.

"Here Pippin." Rosa took out a piece of bread and handed it to Pippin.

"Thanks!" Pippin instantly stuffed it into his mouth.

"Well, I don't know about you guys. But, I'm going to call it a night." Rosa stated, leaning against the Weather Top wall. Slowly her eyes closed, the last thing she saw was Frodo yawning.

_________

"What are you doing?"

"Making some nice crispy bacon, we saved some for you Mr. Frodo."

"PUT IT OUT YOU FOOLS! PUT IT OUT!"

I jolted awake to find Frodo putting out a fire.

I stood up and shouted. "You're a fool yourself for yelling!" The screams of nazguls sounded close by. I took my bow from my shoulder and got an arrow ready. "To the top, hurry!"

We ran up to the floor of the weather top and stood in a circle. The black riders soon appeared, did I know combat? Unfortunately not. But I did know one thing, nazguls hate fire. I reached into my pocket to grab flint and steel, once I did, I dropped to the ground.

"What on earth are you doing?!" Sam looked down at me.

"Building a fire!" I yelled. I heard a squeal and then a thud, both Merry and Pippin were on the ground. Then Sam.
Frodo started backing up into the walls of the weather top as the dark riders got closer to him. I turned back to my fire making. Once I lit a small one, I took an arrow, wound the point with rope and set a flame to it. Frodo let out a blood curdling scream, he was stabbed. I stood up and shot an arrow at the closest nazgul setting it aflame. At that moment, Aragorn jumped into the scene and began fighting off the creatures, giving me the opportunity to get to Frodo. Sam was already by his side hold his hand.

"Hang in there Frodo. You're going to be fine." I knelt down beside Sam.
Aragorn sent the Ring Wraiths away and quickly came to Frodo's aid.

"He was stabbed by a morgul blade. Before long he will become a ring wraith like them." Aragorn picked up the blade that disintegrated in his hand. He then picked up Frodo and put him on his back.
We all climbed down the weather top and ran down to a forest floor. Aragorn set Frodo down on a rock.

"Sam, we need to find Athelas, are you familiar with it?" I turned to Sam.

"Athelas?" Sam questioned.

"Kingsfoil." I said.

"Kingsfoil? That's a weed!" Sam exclaimed.

"Yes but it may slow down the process of the infection." I explained.

"Rosa, stay here with Frodo and make sure he stays conscious." Aragorn ordered. "Samwise come with me."

I looked back at Frodo who's eye color began to fade. Every now and then his breathing would catch. I kneeled down next to him and held the back of my hand to his hot forehead.

"Hang in there Frodo." I mumbled.

"Will he be okay?" Pippin asked.

"Yes, he will be fine, Pippin." I nodded.

"How can you be so sure?" Merry asked.

"Because everything ends up being good. You should know that." I replied. "Merry, reach into my bag and fetch me water and cloth."

Merry did so, quickly, and handed me the waterskin and cloth. I doused the cloth in water and pressed it to Frodo's forehead to lower his fever. A small, raspy cry came from his lips and I began to wonder where Aragorn and Sam were.

"What's taking them so long?" Pippin turned towards the trees.

"They'll be back, Pippin," I assured him.

As if they heard me speak, the bushes rustled and Aragorn and Sam returned with Kingsfoil and a young elf. Glorfindel.

Aragorn kneeled next to me and handed me the Kingsfoil. I took the plant and rubbed it between my hands to release the oils and poured a bit of water over it as well. I pressed the plant against Frodo's wound and he let out another cry.

Glorfindel kneeled across from Aragorn and I and took a look at the little Hobbit.

"I have considerable healing skills, but not powerful enough to heal this, Aragorn." Glorfindel spoke looking over Frodo. "I will have to take him to Lord Elrond."

"But we have five ring wraiths trailing behind us!" Merry said. "You'll never make it!"

"Those Ring Wraiths are fast, halfling." Glorfindel said, rising to his feet. "But Asfaloth is faster." He pat the neck of his white steed.

Aragorn picked up Frodo and set him on the horse, Glorfindel mounted after.

"I will meet the rest of you in Rivendell." Glorfindel nodded to all of us, then commanded his horse in elvish, and he was off.

Aragorn turned towards me, with a look of disappointment.

"What?" I asked.

"I thought I asked you to keep watch over the Hobbits." He said. "If he turns into one of those ring wraiths, Sauron will possess the ring again!"

"You're not blaming this on me are you?" I took a step towards Aragorn.

"Perhaps I am!" Aragorn replied.

"I'm not the one who stabbed him!" I pointed my hand to my chest.

"Yes but you failed to watch over them and to protect Frodo!" Aragorn returned.

"Strider!" Sam yelled.

We stopped our argument and looked at the three Hobbits.

"It's not her fault!" Merry shouted. "She fell asleep while watching over us and out of our foolishness we started a fire."

"And if it wasn't for her we'd all be dead." Pippin added in.

Aragorn looked back at me and let his shoulders relax.

"Glorfindel is taking Frodo to Rivendell, he will be okay, Lord Elrond with take care of everything." I said.

Aragorn nodded.

"I apologize for lashing out at you, Rosa. You didn't deserve that. Now let's get to Rivendell safely and hope that Frodo will be okay." He told us.

And with that, we all began our way to Rivendell.

A/N: Okay, there is going to be a lot of you who are going to be like: "ITS ARWEN WHO TAKES FRODO! WHOS
THIS GLORFINGLE DUDE?!?"

First of all, its Glorfindel, and second of all, I'm trying to stick to the book guys. Last book I wrote was to the movie and it sucked. This time, I'm going to attempt to stick to the books.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.7K 34
Sara is just a ordinary girl. She has heard of the Lord of the Ring books but never read one. But what happens if she falls into the greatest stories...
33.4K 792 33
There are somethings in your past even you can't remember... River isn't from Middle Earth. She doesn't remember what happened or how she got there...
84.4K 4.1K 26
"You make no sense, lass. You look like an Elf, talk like a Man, eat like a Hobbit, curse like a Dwarf, and sleep like the Dead." Every Tolkien fan h...
10.8K 480 16
in which the witch of the wilds has spent her whole life avoiding the prophecised true king of gondor until he shows up on her doorstep with four hob...