Fooling Ourselves

By Kelly_Al

It was simple. He was my brother's ex-bestfriend and now enemy. I was supposed to stay away from him. I was s... More

Prologue: How It Happened...
How We Had Our First Encounter
How I Lost An Admirer
How He Ended What Didn't Start
How Bryan Got Attacked Twice
How I Spent My Birthday
How My First Date Got Ruined
How The Bad Boy Made Me Feel Safe...
How I Met His Siblings
How He Told Me Off...
How We Ditched
How Things Went Down...
A/N
How He Came Over....
How We Left The Table...
How He Won Us Over...
How We Got Caught....
How He Lost it....
How I Met His Parents...
How We Got Closer
How We Disagreed...
How He Looked Heart-Broken....
How We Smoothed Things Over...
How it was Calm before the Storm...
How The Storm Came...
How The Truth Came Out...
How It Was At School...
How The Dinner Went...
How we Talked about my Choices
How we Danced at Prom
How Everything Changed...
How He's so Beautiful...
How we Went Our Separate Ways...
How I Surprised Them
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
New Book!
Bonus Chapter: How I Knew She Was The One
Bonus Chapter (Jace + Alicia)
New Book!

How They Made Up...

30.8K 841 120
By Kelly_Al

I had told Ari all about it. It was a perfect night until Jace had rung me and asked where I was and I had to lie and tell him Ari's. Then he demanded to pick me up so Theo had to rush me over to Ari's house and I had to leave Dylan. He was fast asleep and I didn't want to wake him so I left a note. It was close but I didn't get caught.

I hadn't heard from Dylan since then though. He didn't text or call, neither did I because I didn't know what to say to him. Was I good enough for him? Has he had better? He has, that's probably why he didn't call! Oh my gosh, I bored him! Maybe that's why he went to sleep afterwards. But he held me. It didn't make any sense.

"He didn't call?!" Ari exclaimed and then scowled, "Jerks! That's what all of them are! Dogs and jerks!"

"Ari calm down. There has to be a reason," I said though I didn't really believe it.

"Sex changes everything. It's up to you whether or not it's in a good way or bad way or a bad way," Ari told me, "Well it's up to you and him."

"But it was amazing and he was gentle," I continued. I picked at my fish sticks and then drank some of my milk.

"I'm sorry," she said to me.

"It's okay. I promise. Look, I'm not crying. I'm a big girl," I forced a smile. She saw right through my act but said nothing about it. It was then that Jace and James joined us at the table. James put his arm around me.

"Hey Skye," he grinned and stole a fish stick.

"Hey guys," Jace greeted.

"Hey," Ari and I chorused. Ari frowned.

"So you're really not going to tell me hi?" she asked James and he shrugged.

"Oh you noticed me? Where's Theo? He's not here to keep you busy?" James scowled.

"Theo and I weren't really dating," she confessed and he tensed. He pulled his arm from around me and visibly grew angry.

"So you wanted to get me mad?" he growled.

"You weren't making a move! I had to give you a push!" she yelled.

"But when I did something, you stepped back!" he accused, "I told you I was done playing games and I meant it!"

"This is going against everything I believe in," she muttered but got up and walked around the table and sat in his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned closer to him, "I am not playing games with you James. I want you."

"It's not enough," he whispered looking at her lips before returning his gaze to her eyes.

"I need you James," she tried again.

"I need more Ari baby," he shook his head.

"I love you James," she smiled and he mirrored it.

"Only me?" he questioned and she nodded.

"Only you," she crashed her lips to his then. They started to full on make out in the cafeteria drawing the attention of those around them. I looked away not liking how much they made me miss Dylan and searched his table for him. Our eyes made four but he looked away seeming pissed about something. I sighed and looked at Jace who looked disgusted by what was happening beside him.

"Don't ever let me see you doing that," he warned me pointing at them.

"I'm eighteen Jace," I rolled my eyes, "And maybe if you didn't warn every guy in the school away from me I would have done that lots of times."

"No you wouldn't," he scowled.

"So what college do you plan to go to?" I asked ignoring him.

"I applied to a couple. Whichever one accepts," he shrugged. Typical boy.

"So you don't care if we end up at separate colleges?" I teased expecting him to start matching colleges and tell me which ones to go to but he only sighed.

"You're getting older and whether or not I like you're going to start dating and get a boyfriend and I have to accept that. As long as you don't end up pregnant and as long as the dude's not Martin!" he warned and looked suspiciously at me. I tensed and sunk in my seat feeling my eyes grow wide as I tried to cover my guilt, "But hey! Senior year is almost over. Enjoy it while you can!"

He smiled and I giggled awkwardly. I bit my lips hoping he hadn't picked up on anything as I stared all over the canteen trying to focus on anywhere but my brother's face. I spotted Alicia, the head cheerleader, walking over to our table with a bright smile on her face.

"Amiels," she greeted smiling at me and Jace sat up straight watching her intently but she only glanced over him once.

"Hey," I smiled happy for a distraction.

"How's your hand Skye?" she asked taking notice that I had unwrapped it.

"Much better. The pain comes and goes but rarely comes. I should be good for the next game," I replied.

"Great because lots of scouts are going to be there for the guys and our cheer team has to be ready to keep the guys going," she informed me sounding excited, "So be ready to take the field. Oh and let's not forget the game this Friday is the last in the official season which means no more recruiters after this. It's a huge thing."

"So practice after school," I concluded and she nodded before prancing off.

The season had slipped through my fingers, not that I was focusing on it anyways. Dylan was a big distraction. I hadn't had time to think about anything else but him lately and so the school year flew by. Football season was almost over. Exams would start soon. Graduation would soon follow and then I'd leave for college.

"Earth to Skye," Jace snapped his fingers in front of my eyes before chuckling, "Ha! That's punny. Earth to Skye."

"You're so stupid," I grinned not being able to help it, "Are you nervous?"

"I think everyone but Dylan is nervous about being recruited. He's gotten so much attention already. A lot of persons want him. No one sees the rest of us though," Jace told me not really sounding upset or jealous, "He needs it more than us anyways."

"What did you just say?" I asked shocked.

"Nothing, I said he's a cocky little shit."

"No, that's not what I heard. You just said something nice about him. It's not impossible. You're softening up. I think you miss him!" I chanted.

"Shut up! I don't. Martin broke the rules," Jace growled sounding more annoyed than pissed.

"I just don't seem to believe you Jace," I sung and got up walking out of the cafeteria.

I grabbed my stuff from my locker picking up the note my admirer had written and read it before closing my locker. 'I fall in love with you more and more everyday which is why I can't wait for tomorrow so that I can fall in love with you more.' I felt tears prick my eyes and there was no doubt that I was blushing but I couldn't help it. The words were beautiful yet they left me even more confused because I needed to know who this guy was.

"Your admirer got you caught up I see," the voice was dangerously low.

"What do you want Dylan?" I snapped suddenly hating how self-conscious I felt.

"I want my girlfriend to tell me why she left me right after we spent the night together," he growled lowly. He was upset? I met his eyes and saw the hurt buried within them. The great Dylan Martin was upset a girl left him alone in bed? Was that why he didn't call?

"Dylan..."

"Did my parents scare you off? You finally think I'm a creep?" his eyes were darker than usual.

"Dylan no one scared me off and I don't think you're a creep!" I exclaimed and he pulled me into an empty classroom, "I can't believe you would think that!"

"Then why did you leave?" he sounded vulnerable.

"Because my brother called and I had to go. He was picking me up so I had to rush to Ari's before he got there," I explained and he visibly relaxed.

"Why didn't you wake me?" he frowned.

"You had a rough day. You needed the sleep," I told him, "Didn't you get my note?"

"What note?" he stepped closer to me.

"I left a note."

"I didn't get it. Maybe Daniel or Dana took it," he shrugged and pulled me closer to him.

"I thought I bored you. I thought you had better and didn't want me," I confessed as he brushed me hair back.

"When the world catches fire and everything is burnt and destroyed and there's nothing left to want, I will still want you," my cheeks burnt red at his words.

"And when you're burning?"

"All I'll be able to think about is you," he said and kissed me then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 2.9K 55
Chase made my life a misery for years. He was a monster who bullied and tormented me on a daily basis and he was my worst enemy for a long time. Unt...
409K 9K 38
Leaving has always been a specialty of mine, guess thats the one thing my mother ever taught me; the art of leaving. She was a pro, left my dad, brot...
34.8M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
4.2K 32 43
Not only was I spending two months of my summer with my boring old grandparents. But I found things out about my family that I never knew. I found t...