Departure Lounge (Completed)

By YolieB

"Life is made up of years that mean nothing and moments that mean it all." (unknown) When Claire makes her ch... More

Chance Meeting
Promise me
Waking up
Decisions
One Step at a Time...
Welcome to Motherhood
Time to go Home...
Introductions...
Memories
Tell me what you Need
A-note: Just an Update
Where to go from here..
Sunday Dinner
A work of Art
New Developements pt 1
New Developments pt2
No turning back
Afternoon Delights
Living with Mom
Cat's out of the Bag
Unfit Lifestyle
Broken Promises
Betrayed
Reality Strikes
Winter is here
Moving On
Family Vacay
In memory of...
Champagne at Sunset
Unexpected Boat ride
Secrets,Lies, and Deceit
Counter-Offer
Be Happy...
A Changed Life
AN: What's Next

He's Back...

2.5K 107 4
By YolieB

Still holding my breath I looked at Nate's face which was completely at ease for our current predicament. Here I am braced against the wall with my skirt around my waist and Nate half-dressed. Nate maintained full eye contact with me, the heat and lust still very evident; it's completely crazy my mother is just on the other side of that door and all I can think about is picking up where we left off. The door opened slightly and reluctantly I pulled my gaze from Nate's and back to the door.

"Mother!" Cole's voice rang through the foyer.

"Ugh, soon my Dad is going to join them, could this be anymore embarrassing?" I moaned in Nates's neck.

"Wait." Nate replied.

"Well Cole, don't just stand there, speak." My mother sounded quite annoyed although that was a regular occurrence.

"Ahh...I wanted to talk to you about,"

"About?"

"Victoria. I think you're maybe right I should at least give her a chance."

"Really! Oh honey I'm so happy."

"Slow down Mother, its just going to be dinner I'm not purposing."

"Yes, yes of course. I will call her mother in the morning with the good news." I could tell that she was no longer by the door but it was still slightly open. "Oh, in all the excitement I forgot to get that coat I mentioned earlier out, I need it steamed for tomorrow's luncheon."

" No! Let me, I'll bring it down for you. Besides I'm sure you're dying to tell dad the good news."

"Very well, good night sweetheart." I heard the sounds of her kissing Cole's cheek and then the fading out of her footsteps. I was about to breathe when the door jerked slightly but didn't open any further.

"You might want to find other places for your activities, now wrap this up I will not be making anymore dates to cover your asses." With that he closed the door and left.

Neither of us said anything for what seem like hours after Cole left, honestly even though the heat had long died down I enjoyed the feeling of having Nate this close. How did I manage to get myself is such a mess, years of knowing him, being around him and nothing like this has ever happened, now all of sudden it's all I can ever think about. Is it possible this is just all too fast.

"Lexi?" Nate finally broke the silence but I wasn't ready to let go, instead I tucked my head deeper into the crevice of his neck. "Lexi, are you ok?"

Not trusting my voice I chose to simply nod, "Can I put you down?" he asked and once again I answered with a simple shake of my head. "No?" chuckling slightly he attempted to shift me but I held tighter. "Come now Lexi, we shouldn't wait for someone else to come find us."

"Fine." I knew he was right but didn't mean I was happy about it. I began to climb down, doing my best to reassemble myself in the dark.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine. I just, well actually doesn't matter."

"Right, I'm just the temporary substitute." He snapped as he readjusted his tie."

"Think what you want Nate, obviously there is no telling you otherwise, since you already know everything." I knew I could fix this easily and tell him how I feel but I knew that the information he had was correct. Marc and I had agreed to take things slow and maybe try again, this I can't deny or hide but it was before anything really happened between us.

"Just answer the question Lexi?" He asked while pulling me back to face him though with very little light seeping the door I could only see a partial of his face and by the crease in his brow I could tell he was very frustrated.

"Yes Nate. Yes, I spoke with Marc. Yes I agreed to see if we could start over. Does that make you feel better?" My voice sounded weak as I asked the last question, I averted my eyes and made my way out. I hadn't looked back at him but I felt his gaze piercing into the back of my head, after what felt like hours I heard the front door shut, he had left without even as much as a 'goodbye'.

"How are you gonna fix this one, sis." Cole appeared in the doorway.

" I don't exactly know what to fix Cole. He's not misinformed I did say all those things to Marc and at the time I meant them but now,"

"You're going about this all wrong you know, you stood there and told all things you said to Marc, which by the looks and sounds of things is pretty much moot; when instead you should have been saying the things that should be said now to him." After he made his point he placed a chaste kiss on my forehead and made his way up to his room. I know he's right but something tells me it just wouldn't be that simple.

The next week went by quite uneventful except the arrival of my new SUV, similar to one Nate rented otherwise it was regular meeting with clients, board meetings nothing out of the ordinary that was until this morning that I receive a call Mrs. Smith, the girls case worker requesting an urgent meeting. When I had asked her about the nature of the meeting she said it was better to discuss in person, hence, now I am sitting in my chair anxious and also slightly annoyed as to what was happening and why so urgent.

" Claire, a Mrs Smith is here." Lauren voice rang over the intercom. I told her to let her in and stepped around my desk to greet her.

"Ms Romanos lovely to see you again."

"Likewise Stacy, please if I have the honour so should you call me Claire." I gestured for here to take a seat in my corner seating area, I attempted to ease the tension a bit by presented a more relaxed environment than communicating across my desk. " Can I offer you something?"

"A cappuccino, if you can." I nodded to Lauren signalling for two cups and then turned my full attention to Stacy.

"I hate to be blunt but as I have been on edge all morning..."

"I understand, the fact is we have reason to be," I visibly tensed at her statement and waited for her to continue, "the fact is the girls' father is back and is potentially seeking custody."

Once again my world just tilted on its axis, their father is back. Back from where, he wasn't there to begin with to be back and now he thinks he can just step in and take them, who the hell does he think he is!

"Claire? Claire, are you hearing me?" Stacy came to stand in front of as it seem in the middle of my internal rant I began to pace the room. "Honey sit down and have a glass of water you're looking a little pale."

"I'm fine!" I snapped at her and immediately looked at her apologetically I hadn't meant to be so cold.

"It's perfectly fine dear given the circumstances, let's just sit down and talk about this."

"He can't have them, he just can't. He never wanted them to begin with, he left!"

" I know,"

"No you don't know, Michelle would die before she would have them in his care. This is not fair, he can't do this," feeling slightly defeated as the thought slipped in that maybe he can I sunk into the couch, "can he do this?" I asked Stacy feeling quite exasperated from my outburst. Lauren came in with our coffees then, Stacy waited until she was gone before answering.

"He is their natural father therefore he does have rights but it's not hopeless for you. You've been caring for the girls for weeks now, though we may not have any documentation Michelle had left you in charge. I don't believe that you would make up such a story. It will be difficult but not impossible."

"So you're saying I have a chance?"

"There's always hope dear, always." Her warm and hopeful smile made me feel a little better but not completely. I part of me knew that this would turn into an ugly and potentially public battle. "There is something he is requesting to see the girls," I was going to interrupted but she held up her hand asking me to wait, " I know that this is difficult but denying the opportunity to meet the girls would not work in your favour."

"I suppose you have a point. Fine he can I will make the arrangements it will be on my terms for now the girls are legally in my care and I'm putting their welfare first I don't him and they don't him, so if he's looking for alone time with them he can forget."

"We feel the same the visits will be supervised, we do recommend you being there as the girls are most comfortable with you, they'll need that."

"Okay. Is there anything else I need to do?"

"Call your lawyers."

"Thank you Stacy, you barely got the chance to touch your coffee, I can have one made to-go for you?" To which she accepted and I asked Lauren to see to it. "You will let me know of any new developments and also the date for him to meet the girls?"

"Yes of course, try to enjoy the rest of your day child, it's not over yet." I nodded to her as she stepped out of my office and I closed the door after she was out of sight. Bracing myself against the door I felt my knees about to give out when a loud knock on my door startled me. At first I assumed it was Stacy but the knock was persistent and almost angry, curious to what was going on I opened the door to find Marc standing there with a serious look of intent on his face.

"I'm so sorry Claire he didn't give a chance to..."

"No problem Lauren, Marc, would you like to come in?"

"Would you mind getting me two aspirins please Lauren I think I'm going to need it." Casting a nervous glance over my shoulders before making eye contact with me I could tell she was unsure if she should leave me alone. Even though she knew Marc I always knew she never liked him. I smiled to reassure that it was fine to go and with that she turned and left murmuring something about 'rude asshole'.

"This has got to stop Claire." Marc was glaring at me blocking my path to my desk. Wanting to create a safe distance I moved to sit behind my desk hoping the desk would be a sort of barrier between us.

"How exactly can I help you Marc, I am in no mood for games right now."

"You're in no mood for games, I've been the one trying to get a hold of you for week and you've been avoiding me, never have the time. We made an agreement did you forget?"

"No I didn't Marc, I just have other important things to sort at the moment and its not getting any easier, just worse."

"Exactly what does that mean, Claire?" Taking a deep breath to clear the headache I felt approaching,

"It means I don't think this will work out, I have neither the time nor energy now to deal with all this, us. I think it's best we just forget this whole thing it was a terrible idea."

"No, don't say that Claire. We can do this, I promise real slow I'll stop pushing so much." He's tone and body language completely changed, "Look there is this Gallery opening tonight, come? It won't be a date just two friends, they'll be lots of people we know."

"Marc..."

"Don't say no," his tone reverted back to its arrogant one I've come to know. "Really I don't understand you lately you've become so difficult what is wrong with you. Every since you came back from the trip, even Nate..."

"This had nothing to do with Nate." My sudden outburst took him by surprised, it actually took me by surspirsed as well.

"Are you sure cause he has been on edge lately never has time, almost like he's avoiding me, like you. Did something happen that I should know about?"

"No. Nate and I are fine we're just busy he was always busy travelling and I have to look after the girls. We've got busy lives no Marc you have to understand that." Hopefully I managed to avoid this topic with Marc, thankfully Lauren came with my aspirin and a bottle of Evian. I thanked out loud for the painkillers but secretly for the interruption. It might have seem like I just lights him when I told him no but the truth is what happened with Nate is none of his business-at least that's how I'm justifying everything from now.

"The opening Claire, join me." Marc continued to plea.

"Very well, I will find a sitter."

"Perfect! I will collect you from here at six o'clock." Without waiting for a response he got up and left.

"Shall I call Michel at Saks to send something over?"

"Yes, a simple cocktail dress will do, thanks."

"I'll see to it. You know maybe a glass of wine might work better than the aspirin." She laughed as she closed my door. Finally a moment alone to think, pushing everything from my mind, work, Marc, Nate I attempted to make a mental plan of to approach my new dilemma with girls father coming back. I hope you're paying attention Michelle cause I'll be need your strength and a little luck on my side.

______

Unedited, as soon as i finished I just posted it you've waited long enough right. i havent forgetten about it Im always working on it so i wont stop till its done. Dont give up hope it just takes me a while to find the time to sit and get everything down :)

Hope you enjoed, Vote, Comment, pass on to friends please

xoxo

Yolie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 107K 35
REMINISCENT SERIES BOOK - 1 Excerpt: Rose was taking small steps to her husband's study. She had a medical file in her hand with tears in her eyes wh...
163 59 46
*First in the Fire Whiskey series* 'What if I was making the wrong choice again, picking the bad guy over the steady and reliable one? Because as I...
Logan By Marie

Teen Fiction

10K 266 31
*TW* Contains topics and scenes of sexual assault, self-harm, abuse.* "You know you loved every second of it," I can feel the tears welling up as wel...
578 97 31
We all wish for a happy ending in a life full of obstacles. Same was with Autumn. Autumn is the daughter of a very rich family in the entire English...