Shy Love [#wattys2016]

By lovetoread_12

I see him everyday, he sits right beside me in math, he even smiles at me, but I still can't talk to him. I f... More

Chapter Two♡
Chapter Three♡
Chapter Four♡
Chapter Five♡
Chapter Six♡
Chapter Seven♡
Chapter Eight♡
Chapter Nine♡
Chapter Ten♡
Chapter Eleven♡
Chapter Twelve♡
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Authours Note
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Watty's 2K16
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
PLEASE READ-IMPORTANT
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Help! I've been tagged!
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
I've been tagged {answers}
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight

Chapter one♡

29.9K 721 430
By lovetoread_12

Noah's POV

"Noah, Noah, dude...." Says Chase, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh...?" I ask, totally out of it.

"Dude, you've gotta stop staring."

"I just can't help it, you know how I feel about her."

"Yea, we know, it's all you've talked about every day for the past year."

"Sorry." I mumble, looking at her again.

Ah, Jamie Winters. She's beautiful. Her long thin hair is chestnut brown, almost matching her eye color, today she wears it up in a messy bun, with a baby pink sweater and dark jeans. She is very shy, but when she talks she can be hilarious. She is sort of nerdy cute. And I've liked her ever since last year, the first time I met her.

I want to talk to her constantly but I just can't work up the courage to talk to her. The only chance I ever have to talk to her is during math, but she is so focused on the work that it is hard to get a word in.

Maybe I can ask her to tutor me, I mean I'm not doing the best in this topic , I could use a tutor, and I'll get to see Jamie more, it's a win-win deal, for me at least, I don't even have a clue as to how she feels about me, because she doesn't talk to me. Yea, I see her look at me and blush sometimes, but she avoids me every time I try to talk to her.

I'm so excited (yet a bit nervous) to ask her to tutor me, that I jump up and hurry to class before the bell even rings.

"Someone's early." Says Mr. Pierce as I enter the classroom.

I smirk as I sit at my seat, popping my head up every time the door opens. After eight other people, Jamie finally enters, keeping her head down.

"Hey." I greet once she sits down

"Hi." She says quietly, opening her text book

She buries her head in the book as I watch her for a few seconds.

I tap her shoulder, "Jamie?"

"Yes?" She whispers, lifting her head slightly.

"I was wondering if you would tutor me, I don't fully understand the topic, and your really smart, so, could you help me?"

After a moment of considering she says, "yeah, sure, what days would work for you?"

Oh my gosh, she actually said yes, she will actually be spending time with me, just me, just us, alone!! This is great!

I can't wait to start tutoring, and if it was up to me, it would be everyday, but I have soccer on Mondays and Fridays, and I would like to have at least one day to rest.

"Would Tuesdays and Thursdays work?" I ask

"Umm, yeah, sure."

"Okay, well today is Tuesday, do you want to meet in the library after school?"

"Yeah sounds good." She says

"I just realized that this is the longest conversation we have probably ever had." I say, chuckling.

"Yeah, crazy." She says and giggles.

"Winters, Jones, enough talking!" Yells Mr. Pierce.

And there goes the end of our longest converstaion, thanks Pierce.

"Sorry." We mumble in unison, and the way our voices sound together, gives me butterflies.

We laugh and then get to work.

"I just have to go to my locker and get all my stuff, then I'll meet you in the library." I tell Jamie as the bell rings, signaling the end of class.

"Okay, see you there." she says

I rush to my locker, and put all my stuff in my bag. I also pop a piece of gum in my mouth, self conscious of bad breath, especially in front of Jamie.

I reach the library doors and already see her at one of the tables, looking through her book, probably getting her homework done.

"Hey." I say, approaching her.

"Hey." She replies, quietly.

"So what exactly is it that you don't understand?" She asks, getting right to the point.

"Uh, any of it." I say

"Okay." She then starts to explain from the very beginning, to what we are doing now, saying how it all relates in some way.

The whole time she talks, she avoids my eyes.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" I ask, interrupting her completely.

"What?" She asks, a bit taken aback.

"When you talk, you never actually look at my face, you always look at the table or ground."

"Sorry, I don't--"

"it's fine."

"Would you like me to look at your face."

"Yes, I think that would be less awkward." I laugh lightly

"Okay." She says and looks directly at my face.

Did I mention that she has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen?

she continues to talk, but I can't concentrate on anything she is saying anymore, she is just too damn gorgeous.

"You know what's weird?" I ask, totally interrupting, once again.

"That if you keep interuppting, you aren't going to learn anything and there would be no point in us even being here."

"Sorry, last time, promise."

She sighs, "What's weird?"

"That this whole time we've known each other, we don't actually know eachother, you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I do." She whispers

"I mean, we sit together in math, and we sat together most of last year in English, and we've barely had a converstaion."

"So what do you want to know." She asks, closing her book.

"Pet peeves, favorite color, hobbies, siblings, anything really."

"My pet peeve is when people interrupt me when I'm working." she says, and I lower my head.

She starts laughing, "no, no, I'm just kidding. Um, a pet peeve is when people eat with their mouths open, it's just so gross--" she shudders, and I chuckle lightly.

"My favorite color is purple, I like reading, and doing homework, I love soccer, but I'm not very good at it, I would love to learn more, um, I have twin brother and sister, that are younger than me, Josh and Sammie. My family is really close, but my dad is dealing with cancer right now... so... yeah, it really sucks." She says, eyes filled with tears.

"I'm really sorry--"

"No, no, it's fine, I'm fine." she says wiping her face, and smiling to prove her point, "so, uh, what about you?"

"Are you sure, you don't want to talk about it?"

"No, I'm fine, go ahead."

"Okay, my favorite color is green, I like playing soccer, I like skateboarding, and I write songs, um I have and older brother that's in college now. My family, well, uh, my mom passed away a few years ago, and for a few years it was fine, my dad, brother, and I, but when my brother left, my dad started drinking and he's not really there I guess." I say

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I guess we've both got tough lives."

"Yeah." She whispers, staring at the floor.

"Wait, rewind, you said you're interested in soccer right?"

"yep, but I'm no good at it." She giggles

"Well, since you're tutoring me, I could teach you, if you want." And I get to spend even more time with you.

she considers it, "yeah, that'd be cool. Thanks."

"No problem, um, would Thursdays and Saturdays work?"

"Thursdays after tutoring, and Saturdays? Yeah, that works great."

"it's a date-- deal! I meant deal!" I stutter, embarrassed.

She giggles as her cheeks turn red.

"Oh shoot, I have to be home soon, but uh, see you tomorrow, sorry." She says as she runs out.

"Bye." I whisper as she closes the door.

*********************************

First chapter, tell me what ya think!! Please vote, comment, reccomend, and follow! (And read my other books aha!)
This book is dedicated to cutiebooks because she helped come up with this, and she will be helping write it and with ideas. So go follow her, she is amazing!
If anyone has banners/posters that they've made for this, I would love to see them, and I'll give shoutouts too!

Please go check out my other books 'let it snow' and 'my bestfriends boyfriend' plz give some feedback, that would be great!

-maxine♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764 85 26
The wallflower Miranda never expected herself from ever finding love in the place where most normal teenagers find their other halves - in the neighb...
839 55 8
Highest Rank: #344 in Non-Fiction (13/8/15) ~ "See? This is why I love you. You're on his side but you're on mine. You aren't forcing me...
HERO By Sydney

Short Story

53 0 4
"You're not bothered that I l-like girls?" "Bothered? How could I be? You liking girls is just as normal as me liking guys. Just because you're into...
12K 910 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...