Never Had ~ A Louis Tomlinson...

By katie_rick

Emma Scott and Louis Tomlinson were best friends since they were kids. But when Louis leaves and becomes part... More

Never Had ~ A Louis Tomlinson Love Story
Chapter 1: Everything Has Changed
Chapter 2: Invisible
Chapter 3: Killing Two Birds with One Stone
Chapter 4: Shameless
Chapter 5: Somebody's Heartbreak
Chapter 6: What I Know
Chapter 8: Breathless
Chapter 9: Hung Up
Chapter 10: Run
Chapter 11: Say Something
Chapter 12: Sue Me
Chapter 13: The Mess I Made
Chapter 14: Come on Eileen
Chapter 15: Tied Together With A Smile
Chapter 16: Heart Attack
Chapter 17: Enough For Now
Chapter 18: Love & Memories
Chapter 19: Lucky
Chapter 20: I'll Capture Your Heart
Chapter 21: Why Don't You?
Chapter 22: Devil on My Shoulder
Chapter 23: Safe and Sound
Chapter 24: Unsure
Chapter 25: Disenchanted
Chapter 26: The "L" Word
Chapter 27: Loosing It
Chapter 27: Love Like War
Chapter 29: Love That is Crisp in the Fall
Chapter 30: Ignorance is My Best Friend
Chapter 31: Story of My Life
Chapter 32: Darkest Nights
Chapter 33: She is Love
Chapter 34: Life's True Monster
Chapter 35: Miserable At Best (Part 1)
Chapter 36: Landslide
Chapter 37: Half a Heart
Chapter 38: I See the Light
Chapter 39: Best of Me
Something New
New story!

Chapter 7: You Don't Know Me

18.8K 380 31
By katie_rick

(If you are confused, just remember that whenever I do not say who's Point of View it is, it will be Emma's. I will let you know, like I did in previous chapters, if it is anyone else. Sorry for any confusion. On with the story!!)

"Emma, would you mind coming over and watching the girls for a little while I run to the market?" Jay called me mid-afternoon the day after Connor and I had our first fight. I don't really know what was going on with him, but I was afraid and I still am. He hasn't texted or anything since, so I'm really confused on where we stand. I don't want to break up. I like having a boyfriend. Connor is great, he was just angry. No big deal; everyone gets angry. Louis did, and so did Connor. Does that mean I have to forgive Louis too? No. I know Louis. Plus he directly said he wanted nothing to do with me, that's worse than what Connor did. Okay, my conscience is better now.

"Sure, but what about Louis? Isn't he around?" I wondered. Why would she ask me to watch the girls if Louis was still there... "Oh he is, but I don't know if he can handle them all at once. Think you'll be able to do it? I'll pay you,” she pleaded. I guess she has no faith in her son, but then again, who does? "Sure. But I don't need to be paid. I'll be over in a little bit." I said before Jay quickly ran off to fix the twins' lunch. I got up from the comfy couch situated in the middle of my living room and hopped upstairs. I felt good today, for some odd reason. Most days were sad and gloomy, but today seemed better. I turned a corner and walked into my closet, finding a burgundy "Dope" hoodie and some shorts. I slipped them on and tied my hair into a messy bun, not bothering to dress up, especially since my mother wasn't around to mess with me.

I crossed the street quickly. It being summer, the sun was shining and it was actually quite warm out for Doncaster. Perhaps we could go swimming soon. Even outside the Tomlinson's house I could hear the girls screeching as the doorbell rang. Seconds later, Fizzy appeared with a smile on her face, the twins following behind. I walked in and greeted the girls including Lottie who was on her phone. Jay quickly ran in with her purse in hand, saying goodbye to the girls and hello to me before walking out the door. I turned back around and smiled at the girls. They always made my days fun, even if the second I got home I passed out from exhaustion.

We started to play some Wii video game and I watched on the couch while the girls swung their arms around, keeping their eyes locked intently on the screen. I felt the couch cushion deepen and I glanced over to my right to see Louis sitting on the other end. He flashed me a soft smile and a sent him one back. I had no idea what he meant by that, but I decided to be nice about and not the usual bitch that I am.

The girls played for a little while before deciding to watch some movie I had never heard of. I put it on for them and their screams died down as the theme music began. I tried watching it, but it was so stupid and cheesy that I couldn't. I decided to escape to the bathroom for a quick minute, quietly getting up from the couch so the girls, who were lying on the floor in front of me, wouldn't notice.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked when I was literally inches away from the bathroom's door handle. Damn, so close. I turned back around and saw Louis standing about two inches away from me. How did he expect me to breathe with him this close? I nodded my head and we headed off to his bedroom. I walked in and sat at his desk chair. He followed in, closed the door, and sat on the bed. I expected him to say something, but he didn't, which made the first few minutes very awkward. He just looked at me, and the rest of the stuff in his room. Like he just wanted to escape the movie. But hey, I would rather do that than talk.

"Do you have something to say or not? Cause I'm supposed to be watching your sisters." There's the bitchy personality of mine. Sorry, I couldn't hold it in much longer. He cleared his throat and paused for a moment, as if thinking of something to say. Really though, had he not planned this out in that tiny little brain of his? "Do you love Connor?" he finally asks quietly. Okay, not really what I expected. But I had pressured him once or twice about Eleanor, so I guess it's fair for him to do it to me. "I don't know, maybe. He's really great. I just need more time to think about it. I don't plan on breaking up with him anytime soon, though." I said, and it was true. I didn't plan on breaking up with Connor. Maybe not for the reasons I told Louis, but still.

"Why? He- he just seems.. weird." he spoke with a disgusted tone. "Weird? No, not at all. Unless you think I'm weird. He is a lot like me, Louis. And as far as I saw the other night, you two seemed to be getting along pretty well talking about football and such."

"I was doing that to be polite. He just doesn't seem good for you." I raised one eyebrow at this as I stood up from the chair. "How would you know that? You barely know me anymore, how would you know what's good for me and what's not?" I barely had to wait for his reply.

"I do know you. And I know that Connor isn't a good guy. I think you should break up with him." Wow, I didn't know Louis felt so strongly about my relationship. "You can think that all you want, but it isn't going to happen. This is my personal life Louis, not yours. I will make my own decisions, with or without you. Connor is my decision, and you can deal with it.. or not." I crossed my arms.

"No, Em. I can't. Connor is going to hurt you if you don't get away from him now." he stepped closer. I tried to back up but the freaking desk was in my way. He was really pissing me off right now. I would rather be watching the stupid movie with the girls than this. "And how would you know this? You don't know Connor. You can't predict the future. So how can you be so sure, Louis?"

"Because I fucking heard him yelling at you yesterday!" he yelled, almost loud enough for the girls to hear down the hall. It was him. He was what got Connor pissed off yesterday, besides myself. Louis saved me. If it wasn't for him, Connor might have actually hurt me. I hate him and love him right now. I decided to hate him, since I was already angry. Loving him was a bad option anyway.

"I can't believe you! Why were you spying! Once again Louis, that is my personal life! Why do you have to interfere with everything! I leave you and Eleanor alone. I may not be best friends with her, but I tolerate her and leave you two alone. Why can't you do that for me?" I yelled, totally lying. Knowing that Louis heard what happened yesterday made me realize that he was definitely right. But I couldn't let him believe that, it would be too easy. I couldn't let him see me vulnerable again. It has been six years, and I'm never going back to that person again.

"Why would I do that? Because I care about you, Emma! You're my freaking best friend! Even when we're fighting, it's my responsibility to make sure you're safe."

"I can take care of myself Louis. I'm not a child. Connor and I are fine. Just figure that out and leave us alone." I complained. Overprotective was my least favorite side of Louis.

"Just because you're father left doesn't mean you can push everyone out like this! My dad left too, but I've moved on. This can't be your excuse for the rest of your life, Emma! Grow up and move on, that is, if you aren't a child anymore." He pursed his lips together and crossed his arms, proud of his work. I, however, was fuming with rage. How dare he bring up my father?

"Don't talk about my dad Louis. He has absolutely nothing to do with this." I gritted my teeth together and spoke loud enough for him to hear. "You know he does. He has everything to do with this! He hurt you and your mother, physically, mentally, verbally, everything. And now you're afraid of Connor doing the same if you break up with him. God Em, just leave him! Get some courage and leave! Don't let your dad run your life!" he shouted.

"I hate you!" I screamed at him. The room fell silent and I stared at him. Honestly, I didn't mean to say that. It just came out. But now, thinking about it, I might really hate him. However, he does look pretty sad. I can't let him make me feel bad. I can't appear weak, that's what he wants me to do. He wants the old Emma, but he isn't going to get her.

"I hate you Louis. I'm glad you left two years ago." I said in a softer tone: one that was still cruel in its own way. But he talked about my dad, so he had it coming. He should've at least known that. "Yeah well, I am too. I just wish I never came back." he scowled before walking out of the room and slamming the door. I huffed and opened the door back up. I walked into the living room, seeing all of the girls staring at me. Louis must've run through here seconds ago, leaving them quite confused.

"Emma, what's going on?" Daisy asked. "Nothing. Everything's okay. Want to play a game?" I asked and she nodded. Just like that, I managed to get Louis off of my mind. I didn't know where he was and I didn't honestly care.

After two or three rounds of Wii Tennis, Jay came home and relieved me of my duties. When she asked where Louis was, I just said he was at a friend's. No way did I want other people to get involved. But since the girls already knew something was wrong when they heard the yelling, I wouldn't doubt that Jay would talk to me about it soon, not to mention my own mother.

I went home and took a long, hot shower, ridding myself of Louis. I changed into a pair of comfy sweats and a tank top, crawling into my mum's king size bed and watching a little bit of my favorite movie, Star Trek, while having some leftover pizza. I was only halfway through when I got really tired, so I turned it off along with the lights. It was only then that I really realized what happened this evening. Louis and I hated each other. Any chance of us being friends again was over. And it was all because of my father and Connor.

(A/N: Intense? Perhaps. But the next chapter will be 1000x better, I promise! Hopefully have that one up later this week! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, leave comments and vote if you'd like! I really appreciate the time you all take to read, vote, and comment on my story. It means so much and I just want to give you a big THANK YOU! Yesterday I saw that my other Fanfic, Look After You, has 30K views already and that's just amazing. I can't believe people actually read my work. Hopefully this one will be that popular soon! Thanks again!!(: xoxo -Katie)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614K 10K 56
Ashley Styles is Harry's sister. She hasn't seen her little brother in over five years. She arrives in London, excited to see Harry, but there's some...
326K 9.6K 37
Rose Redwood is just your normal young adult girl who has a passion for fashion and a craving for success. She has the skills to be a top designer, t...
609K 29K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.1M 16.3K 34
It all started with a compromise. A compromise to let Katlyn go to a One Direction Concert for her birthday. Rachel Collins finds herself onstage in...