The Potion Master's Daughter

By Firemoonlight

(Harry Potter Fan Fiction) People thought that Severus Snape hated everything, that he despised every student... More

The Potion Master's Daughter
Year One: Chapter two
Year One: Chapter three
Year One: Chapter four
Year One: Chapter Five
Year One: Chapter six
Year one: Chapter seven

Year One: Chapter one

2.6K 86 10
By Firemoonlight

The kitchen that Serena sat in was quiet, she stood staring at the muggle paper as she nibbled on a piece of toast. She had no interest in the muggle news, but there as nothing else to do, her father was working in his study, as always.

The gold locket still hung around Serena's neck, even at the age of Eleven, she never took it off since she got it. Expect for the times where she needed to make the chain longer, but it would always go right back on.

It meant a lot to her, especially when Severus was away at work and she was stuck at home with a nanny. It helped her not feel so alone at night, and it was the only thing that help her remember of her mother.

When a owl fly into the kitchen, it pulled Serena out of her thoughts and watched as the owl dropped the letters on the counter. Instead of going straight to the letters, Serena pulled out the money owed out of a small jar, and stuck her hand towards the owl which snatched the money up and flew out the window it came into.

Serena continued to nibble on the toast as she searched through the post, as far as she knew, her father was her only living family so she didn't think that any of the letters would be addressed to her.

Just as she was about to put the letters down, the last letter caught her eye, and curiosity found its way into her. In emerald green ink, the words Ms S. Snape was written elegantly on the front.

It's been years since Serena actually received a letter, so she had no idea who it could be from. She opened the letter, still considering all the possibilities it could be from, a long lost relative perhaps?

But it wasn't a letter from someone her father knew, or a relative she didn't know was alive, it wasn't even from her nanny. The second Serena's eyes landed on the first words of the letter, excitement exploded inside of her.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL

of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY 

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Snape,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely, 

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

A wide smile formed on Serena's face, she tossed the rest of her toast into the bin as she ran out of the room, nearly sliding in her knee high socks, fashioned after the house her father was in when he went to Hogwarts, Slytherin.

Serena ran into her father's study, letter still in hand “Father!” exclaimed Serena, making Severus turn around quickly, and the next words out of Serena's mouth, were the ones hes been dreading for years “ I got a acceptance letter to Hogwarts!”she said quickly.

Severus paled and got out of his chair to walk over to Serena “Are you sure you want to go?” he asked, hoping that she didn't really want to go. He was afraid to let her go to Hogwarts, even if he wanted to keep her safe easier.

“Yes! I really do!” replied Serena with a quick nod “I want to go and learn magic, and I really want to make friends.” she added, she didn't have any friends, her father didn’t allow her to play with kids her age or have people over.

She never really got why she was never allowed to have a friend, or why she had to be stuck home all year while her father worked, why she wasn't allowed to go to school with other children.

For a long moment, Severus was quiet “Don't you want to wait until next year?” he tried, hoping that she would want to wait, and forget about it next year “Until you are older” added Severus.

Serena shook her head, her black curls falling slightly into her face “I really want to go this year.” she said as she looked up at Severus “Please daddy, I want to go, pretty please let me go to Hogwarts.” she begged.

This was something Severus feared since she was little, he already almost lost her once, he always was afraid actually losing her “Okay” said Severus in defeat, he couldn't say no to her.

The look in Serena's eyes brought a small hit of pain to Severus, the happiness was the same as her mothers. And her eyes were filled with innocence and were fill with purity, unaware of the dangers that lingered in the world.

Serena stood on her tiptoes and hugged Severus “Thank you!” squealed Serena, when she released the hug she grinned in excitement “ I'm going to let Nanny know!” she said, running out of the study to go to her room.

Severus watched in silence as she left, he would be taking her out into the world for the very first time, he would be taking her school supply shopping for the first time, something he had hoped to do with his beloved.

Ever since that night, Severus kept his precious daughter hidden from the world, only four people knew she survived that night. Minvera McGonagall, Dumbledore, her nanny and one of his friends from his school years, a fellow death eater. Lucius Malfoy.

The only reason that he confided into Lucius about Serena, was because that he was a father as well. Lucius had met Serena only once before, when she was young and her nanny was ill and he offered to watch her, he had not seen her since.

Lucius had promised him that he would never tell a soul that Serena had survived that night, not even a single member of his family, not even his wife. And for years it was kept a secret, one that was about to come out.

Severus walked out of his study, the house was silent, though Serena was a child, she has never been a loud one. So the silence wasn't something new, in fact if it was loud in the house, that would be new.

He kept his footsteps quiet, his mind began to wander to the thought of when his students find out that he has a daughter. The students that hate him, the ones who that he had nothing in his life that he loved.

It was no secret to Severus that most of his students thought he was just a cruel and heartless Potions professor, that he solely favored his Slytherin students, so the look on their faces would be entertaining for him.

After a moment, Severus peered into Serena's room, careful not to let her notice. She was laying on her bed, writing the letter she had wanted to send, he had never seen her so excited about something before.

Though he liked seeing her happy, it didn't help him with his fear of having her going to Hogwarts. Not only would it mean his little girl is old enough for Hogwarts, but he knew the troubles that could come with it.

He was bullied when he was at Hogwarts, there was no way for sure that he could prevent people bullying her, and with how she was, Severus suspected she wouldn't deal with it well. But that wasn't all that Severus feared, there was something he feared since the day after the fatal night.

He knew it was a matter of time before the Dark Lord rose again, and it would be not long after that he figured out that another had escaped his hands of death. That he had known all this time, and kept it from him.

And Severus knew in his heart that he couldn't protect her forever...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 4.4K 47
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨πŸ’Œΰ­§β‹† Λšο½‘β‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 55.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
164K 8K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...