Hidden Talents

By SwigMista

Hidden Talents Zayn is good at writing music and is a loner "bad boy" at school. Nobody talks to him. Nobody... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Question
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10/last

Chapter 5

2.5K 57 22
By SwigMista

✔️HT Chapter 5

*the next day* No One's POV

Josh and Zayn rode their motorcycles to school wearing their new outfits and stuff. They walk into the school with their black hoods from their black hoodies neatly on their heads and them wearing black ray bans. When they walk into the school, it's filled with gasps.

"Zayn? Josh?" Perrie asks.

They took off their hoods and say "Yes?"

"Seriously? We let you live with Matt and this happens. You dye your hair and get piercings because nobody can stop you. Wow. I'm not even surprised." Jade says.

"What ever. Let's just get to class." Zayn mutters.

"But we're early." Perrie says.

"Better early than late." Zayn replies then walks to the class.

Josh snickers and says "He doesn't want to get another detention cuz Ma will kill him if he does."

"Shut up Josh. Are we up for Truth or Dare Friday?"

"Nah sorry mate. I got a date with the Irish leprechaun."

"Oh really now? I don't believe you."

"I can prove it. Oh look here he comes."

"Hey babe. Zayn. Perrie. And Jade. How are ya doing?" Niall says.

"Oh we're doing fine. Just telling Zayn here about Friday plans. Where are we going anyway?" Josh asks

"And that there is a surprise. Let's walk to homeroom." Niall answers

Liam's POV (surprise surprise)

I feel so lonely. All my friends have boyfriends. Only people left I know is Shahid which is a definite no and a Greek God wait no. THE Greek God. He's so hot and adorable at the same time. How is that even possible? Those big bambi eyes filled with innocence and sadness? I know he is like the bad boy but why would he be sad. Wouldn't he be living a perfect life. He's probably just wants attention. Yeah that's it. There's no way he can be sad.

Zayn's POV

Oh great. Another depressing feeling. Loneliness. It used to be Josh and Zayn but now it's gonna be Josh and Niall or Nosh. Liam probably feels the same but I can't date him. It's not like he likes me.

*time skip to...uh...lunch*

Perrie, Jade and I walk into the lunchroom looking where Josh ran off to. When we walked outside, we saw him with 4 other boys sitting at our table under the big tree.

"Ay Malik. Look. We made a new friend." Louis says with a smirk. "This is our table now so leave."

I looked at him blankly and said "You're new. You don't know the rules here in Bradford High School. This is my table and-" then my phone rings. "Hold on. I'll be back."

"Ello?"

"Yes. Is this Zayn Malik?" the voice asked.

"Yes. What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"No no. Everything is fine. This is from the Bradford Middle and Elementary School calling for your sisters. We need you to pick them up after you're done with your day at high school. I'm sorry to tell you but your older sister is in the hospital. You should be expecting a call from it. I don't know the details. Can you pick up the girls?"

"Uh yeah yeah. I can."

"Okay. Thank you for your time." and the call ended.

Just as they said. I got a call from the hospital.

"Hello. I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Malik. We didn't mean to-"

"Just tell what happened to Doni!!" I yelled into the phone probably attracting attention from people but I don't care.

"Please relax Mr. Zayn Malik and I'll tell you. So please relax. Breathe in, breathe out."

"Don't. Tell. Me. To. Calm. Down. Stop procrastinating. Just tell me. What happened to my sister!" I yelled again.

"Ok I'll get to the point. Please sir, stop yelling and I will tell you if you stop interrupting me. So if can say sorry. That would be nice."

"Oh my gosh just tell me."

"Say sorry."

"Sorry" I muttered

"Pardon?"

"I said sorry."

"Wanna lose that attitude."

"Can you just tell me?!" I yelled again cuz this is frustrating.

"Lose the attitude and what are you sorry for?"

"I'm sorry for yelling."

"And?"

"And for the attitude."

"Thank you. Now for the information. Hmmmmm. Let's see..."

"What's wrong with Doni? Miss Malik?"

"Oh yes. She's uh...I'm sorry to tell you but I can't give you any info. I just called to tell you that she is in the hospital and you will need to keep your sisters with you and your father."

"Sorry but I don't live with my father anymore but I do live with a legal guardian. His name is Matthew. You should have him down. I can take my sisters though. There's enough space and their school is by here."

"Okay thank you. If you can come by maybe when you're done with school to bring a copy of the papers for your legal guardian please."

"Ok I wil. Thank you for telling me, bye." and I hung up.

"Hey Zayn. Who was that? What happened? Is everything okay?" Josh asked.

"Uh yeah yeah. I think. Just..." I replied not knowing what to say so I stared down trying to think.

"What is it?"

"Uh. My sisters yeah. Um."

"Come on. Tell me. We can talk in private." Josh says leading me away from the table. "Ok. Now tell me."

"Doni is in the hospital. I don't know why, they couldn't give me any information. I have to take my two youngers sisters in. I have to pick them up after school and go to the hospital to turn in a copy of guardian papers. So after school. I'm going home to get the papers then Matt is going to drive me to the hospital to drop off the papers and try to find out anything about Doni lastly we're gonna pick up the girls to bring home. Make sure the room next to mine is empty and has two beds." I explained.

"Well that was alot but okay." Josh answered then we walked back to the table.

"What was that all about?"Jade asks.

"Uh. My sisters." I replied.

"You have sisters?!" they all yelled but Josh surprisingly.

"Uh yeah but if you ever see them. Don't say hi to them. Don't say anything to them. Don't touch them. Don't talk to them. Don't even look at them. Yes I have 3 sisters. Two younger and one older. You met the older one. Kind of." I say to them. "I don't want any of you near my sisters."

"Who's gonna stop us? You and what army?" Louis says while Harry, Niall, and Liam give him a warning look.

I glared at him and said looking into his eyes "Me. I will stop you. I don't care what I have to do to keep them safe. I will murder someone or even giving up my life if I have to." I reply seriously.

"Alright mate. Relax. I'll do the same thing for my sisters."

"Yeah whatever. Lets get to class." I say and leave.

Math went by slowly and painfully. Next Music.

"Hello class. Today you are presenting your raps." the teacher says.

"Shoot. Josh we didn't do the rap." I whispered yelled to him.

"Uh. We'll freestyle it." he answers.

"Alright. We already finished the class but Zayn and Josh. Sooo come on up guys. I hope you did your homework." the teacher says.

(sooo. I tried creating a rap. Didn't work so yea. Josh is giving the beat. Zayn raps freestyle. Pretend it was there and it was really good.)

"Well as much as you guys didn't actually do your home work but that was really good that you freestyled it. I will give you an 80." the teacher said. "You may sit down."

"Congrats babe." Niall says and comes up to up Josh.

I was standing there awkwardly so I just sat down in my chair and Louis came behind me and said "That was actually really mate. Did you completely make that up or did you actually had a plan."

"I made it up. Josh gave me a beat and I used the beat to put random words together. It's like you're saying a sentence but you're saying it with the beat. You have to have a really good beat that you can trust on. Basically a steady beat. Josh is a drummer so I know I can trust him with the beat. Then you can put random words that go with the beat and it will sound good. Most rappers prefer an actual subject and they form sentences. Some raps don't sound like them but they are. It's how you say it. It can be a sound and you can make it into a beat." I told him.

"Uh yeah. I got none of that but you seem to know what you're talking about so congrats." Louis says patting my back.

I rolled my eyes and actually paid attention to class.

"Alright class. Next project. Groups of six. 3 instrument players and 3 singers. Make your groups." the teacher said and everyone rushed to make their groups.

"Come on Zayn. We need one more singer. You are really good." Josh says.

"No I'm not. I suck at singing. I shouldn't even be in this class." I told him.

"You're joining no matter what. I'm going to tell the teacher out groups." Harry says walking away.

"Alright so who are the singers and who plays an instrument?" I asked them.

Liam replied "Harry and I are singers. I guess Josh plays the drums. Niall plays guitar and Louis plays piano."

"Okay. Got it. I'll write the song and you two can sing it. I will need to work with Josh, Niall, and Louis to create the beat. I already have some ideas. Also last year, I heard there was a contest that teacher didn't tell anyone so it can be a surprise. They're other music classes like this. About 5 more. And it's basically the best band in each class will compete. The best band out of everyone wins something." I told them. "Before we start the song. I want to hear everyone's voice."

"I'll go first." Niall volunteered.

"Alright. Go from your lowest to highest." and he did what he was told. Next Harry, Louis, and Liam did it too. "Cool cool. I think you guys should keep practicing to go higher."

"How do you even go any higher? How would you know?" Louis says

I looked at him unfazed but didn't say anything. Josh answered "You just haven't heard him sing. It's really good. He can-"

"Josh stop. I can't sing like Yaser said. He tells the truth. I'm only in this class because- I don't even know why. I can kinda write a song." I cut him off.

"Zayn. You sing better the Beyonce. You can be a solo artist if you wanted to. You would be the richest person in the world." Josh tells me.

"You need to stop lying. I can't sing. I can't write. I can't even do anything right. Ugh. Just. Leave me alone." and I stormed out because who does he thinks he is. He can't lie to me like that. I can't do anything right. I probably just ruined our friendship between each other. I walk outside to the park and decided to skip the rest of the school day. Everyone hates me. I'm worthless. A loser. Useless. Ugly. Fat. Why am I still alive? I shouldn't be here. I don't belong here.

"Hi mister. Remember me?" a familiar little girl's voice said as I sat down on the same bench.

"Of course I did. Your name is Bella right?" I told her.

"Yes. I never got your name though."

"My name is Zayn. Why are you filled with stains?"

"Mummy did it. I ran away while she fell alseep. I love coming to the park."

"Me too but does your mummy hit you?"

"Yeah. She said I was a mistake and I shouldn't exist."

"Why does she hit you?"

"Can you promise you won't tell?"

"Yes of course."

"Pinky promise and cross your heart." I did what she said. "Okay so. I have ears and a tail." then she starts crying.

I hug her and said "Don't worry. There's nothing wrong to have ears and a tail. I have them too."

"Really?!"

"Yes. Now do me a favor and pack everything you have then come to me. I'm taking you to your new home." I truley felt sorry for her. I don't want her to go through what I did.

"I don't have anything."

"Okay. Let me make a phone call." I called Matt. "Matt. I need you to come to the park please."

"Alright. I'm on my way." and the call ended. Matt arrived in a few minutes.

"Hey Matt. This is Bella. She has family issues and she can't live there anymore. We need to go to the police office, to ya know. Tell them stuff and get some papers. Then I need to go to Yaser to get the girls old clothes so Bella can wear something clean. After I need a copy of the legal guardian papers for the hospital. Lastly we need to pick my two younger sisters. My older one, Doni, is in the hospital and won't give me any information. I'm very worried, scared, and stresssd."

"Okay Zayn. Relax and I understand. Let's go then." now we are on our way to police station. We walked in and Matt said. "Hello we are here to file a report on child abuse."

"Okay sir. Is that the girl being abused by who?" the officer said.

"Uh yes. Basically when I left school, I have my reasons. I went to the park and Bella told me her mother hits her and she ran away while her mum fell asleep." I told him.

"Okay. Can you tell me the address Bella?"

"It's *enters address* please don't wake up Mummy. She's sleeping." Bella told the man.

"Also. Can I be a guardian for her?" I asked.

"How old are you?" the man asked

"I'm seventeen BUT my birthday is in January which is coming up. I'm not that far from eighteen."

"How much do you care for her?"

"Alot."

"Why?"

"I don't want her to go through what I did. She doesn't deserve it."

"What's your name?"

"Zayn Malik sir."

"How come we never had a case on you? Are you lying?"

"No I swear. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"My father Yaser Malik. He has abused me before. In many ways. Only two other people know. The café owner by here and Josh Devine. I have proof. I just need to go to the hospital and get the papers. Can one of your police officers come with us?"

"Alright sure. The police officer with come and inspect everything. If you show him the proof of you being abused than yes. You can be a guardian of Bella."

"Okay. Thank you sure." and we walked out with an officer following us.

First we went to Yaser. The place I don't want to go but if it's to save a life from being ruined. I will. No one deserves to be abused. Not even the worse person on Earth. Not even Shahid. I told everyone to wait in the car so I can walk in. As soon as I step on the front porch, the door was opened by Yaser. "Oh. You're back. Well come on. Let's have some fun." He said while I look at him in fear. "I see you have some piercings and a blonde streak. What a change but come on boy." and he dragged me inside. I tried resisting but I wasn't strong enough. He eventually pushed me down and dragged me by my foot inside. The pain in my head feels horrible. It hurts. I'm seeing black dots but not before I see the police man jump out his car along with Matt and Bella.

"Zayn Zayn. Come on. Stay awake buddy." I hear Matt yell but it sounds distance. I slowly slip into darkness while hearing lots of noise in the background.

I woke up to pain in the back of my head but I'm in my bed. I groan in pain because the back of my head really hurts. I see Matt sitting next to me.

"Hey Zayn. How you feeling?" he asks

"Horrible."

"Here. Take some advil and heres ice." he replies and handing me things. "And guess what. You're a legal guardian of Bella. I just need you to sign this." i did exactly what he told me.

"Come on. We have to go to the hospital to drop off papers and then pick up the girls."

After we did that and have everyone and everything set up. Waliyha, Safaa, and Bella all share a room. Somehow Bella and Safaa know each other and they're best friends. I know they're little but not that little and they're about the same age like around 8 actually

"Zayn?" Waliyha asks me coming into my room while everyone is down stairs. She's 13 years old.

"Yeah babe." I replied.

"I missed you so much." then she hugs me.

"Awe me too." I hug her back. I'm getting used to this hug thing.

"What happened to Doni?"

"Don't worry. She's okay."

"But what happened to her?"

"I don't know but she'll be okay. She's a fighter."

"Ok also. Matt said dinner is ready."

"Okay. I'll be down in a few minutes." then she left to go downstairs. "Hey Josh."

"Hey Zayn. How do you know bella? She's my sister." Josh says to me.

"Wait. She's your sister?!?! How come you never told me?!" I yell at him.

"Hey hey hey. You didn't tell me you had sisters."

"Yeah true. Let's go eat."

"You better eat. You're all skin and bones."

"I will and I'm sorry about earlier and-"

"Zayn. It's alright. It's now the past. We put the past behind us."

"Always had, always will." then we did our own handshake we did since we were kids.

I'm sure some of you noticed that Trisha died when Zayn was 5 and Saffa is like 8 in this. Zayn is 17 in this sooooo 17-8=9 yeah makes no sense. Don't think about it too hard. You can make sense out of it somehow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 138 26
1 Bully. 4 Victims. Simple sad Story right? Wrong. What will happen when the 4 Victims , get Pushed over the edge? Will the Big Bad Bully himself...
59.1K 2.4K 28
Harry is abused. Zayn is abused. Two different stories, two different secrets. What happen when their worlds collide and secrets are shared? ** so...
43.8K 2.5K 11
Louis always gets together with everyone he dates in high school and breaks up with them because he never falls in love. Niall and Liam are fed up a...
186K 4.9K 19
Liam is the new kid in town, he is cocky and intelligent but he has a little secret. Zayn is the most popular guy at his school, with his two best fr...