Ready To Run // h.s

By _HakunaMatata_

"This time I'm ready to run, escape from the city and follow the sun." "Well, I should probably get going."... More

summary
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
FOURteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
PUBLISHING A BOOK.
The Resistance // h.s

twenty two

66.3K 3.6K 4.4K
By _HakunaMatata_

PLEASE make sure to leave a comment. especially inline. part of the reason it took me so long to update this was because i didn't have that many comments last chapter and so i had no motivation to write. PLEASE comment. i'm even giving away a dedication to someone who comments and possibly some follows as well. i really want this book to keep doing well!

  xoxo have fun reading (also sidenote: i don't condone swearing and making out with boys irresponsibly. continue)

  ALSO if anyone knows someone who makes covers, let me know. i need one very badly for a fic that i want to post that i've kept secret from you guys for a while.

  also ALSO- WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT PERFECT?

  ok go read i'm out 

.

mia

.

  We kissed too many times to count.

  Throughout the day, as we lazied around the suite, Harry would randomly walk up to me and just plant one on me without any warning. My hands would usually end up in his hair and his would usually end up cupping my face, trying desperately to get me as close to him as possible. 

  "What are you doing to me?" Harry chuckled.

  "I don't know what you're talking about." I said innocently. "The better question is what the hell are we doing?" 

  "Not sure, but it's nice. Let's not think about it too much, yeah?" He said. 

  "Yeah." I nodded. Honestly, I would much rather keep kissing Harry than question what we were doing. Never in my life had I lived in the moment as much as I was now, and it was incredibly refreshing. Harry was like my breath of fresh air.

  "Sorry we couldn't go whale protesting today." Harry apologized. "Guess we'll have to find another way to save the whales."

  "Harry, you aren't supposed to call Seaworld and ask them if you can protest. They're obviously going to say no." I giggled. "But it's okay. We can find another way to save the killer whales, maybe one that is a bit less insane." 

  Harry pulled my small body into his. We were laying in our king sized bed, despite it being three in the afternoon. So far we had watched almost a whole season of Friends and eaten a whole box of Pop tarts and that's all we had accomplished. Cat, who was laying at our feet, suddenly became jealous and climbed her way onto Harry so that she could be closer to him than I was. 

  "I think someone's a little jealous." I smiled. 

  "Cat just wants to ruin our moment." Harry pouted. "Will you still make out with me if I'm covered in cat hair?" 

  "I'll consider it." I teased. I started to get up but was immediately pulled back by Harry, who enveloped me in his arms and wrapped his legs around my body as well, trapping me there. I laughed as I tried to escape him, but it was no use.

  "Let gooooo," I whined. "I have to pee." 

  "Too bad." Harry said. "I want you all to myself." 

  "Dark Harry is real." I mumbled. 

  "What?"

  "What?" I smirked. "Seriously, I'm going to piss on you if you don't let me go right now. When I come back, I'm all yours, but right now my bladder is going to burst." 

  Reluctantly, Harry let me go. I got up and ran to the bathroom before he could change his mind, locking the door behind me. My mind was racing with possibilities of Harry and me, but I had to stop them. He liked kissing me, I liked kissing him, that was it. Overthinking things could lead to me getting my hopes up too much or having everything completely backfire on me. It was best to think less into everything and just live than to overthink things and get held back by your own thoughts. 

  However, I couldn't help but wonder what Harry was thinking. I'm sure he had at least thought about how I was only engaged to Matthew less than a month ago. I'm sure he was thinking that he was rushing me because I was nearly married not too long ago, but he didn't even know the whole story. I so desperately wanted to tell him everything, but something was still holding me back. Perhaps it was best not to tell Harry anything and just let the whole thing go?

  After I peed, I scampered back past the kitchen and to the big bed where Harry waited for me. He laid with his hands behind his head, watching Friends with Cat rested on his stomach. I ran and jumped onto the bed, startling Cat, who hissed at me before cuddling against Harry. I was almost one hundred percent positive that she believed I was stealing her man.

  "I have an idea." Harry proclaimed once I was nestled up against him in bed.

  "What's that?" I asked. 

  "Instead of protesting at Seaworld now, let's take the signs that we made and plaster them all around the entrance of Seaworld tonight, when there won't be anyone there. It will be completely anonymous and we'll still get to make our point across."

  "You're not going to let this whale thing go, are you?" I chuckled. "Fine, I'm in. Only because it would be fun. But if we get caught for being there-"

  "Relax, we won't." Harry reassured me. "We can dress in all black, like spies. Then after we can come back here and go for a victory swim." 

  Rolling my eyes, I reluctantly agreed. The posters that we had made this morning lay scattered all around the kitchen floor. They mostly just said a bunch of whale cruelty facts (Harry's choice) and when I started to write "SEAWORLD SUCKS ASS" on one he made me cross it out and write "Seaworld is mean." After I wrote that, I told him it was dumb and threw the whole thing out. Harry didn't understand the concept of protesting, clearly.

  "It's polite protesting." Harry argued.

  "There's no such thing as polite protesting. You've got to be forceful." 

  "That's not nice." Harry pouted.

  Then, I went on to say that Shamu would die and to shut me up, Harry kissed me, once again. Neither of us knew what the hell we were doing and why the hell we were fooling around together like this, but it was nice. Something about it felt so easy and the last thing that I wanted to do was put a label on it and make it confusing.

  The whole evening was spent on preparing ourselves. I wore a black hat, black leggings, and a black shirt. Harry wore one of his usual outfits (because most of his closet is either black or an extravagantly colored shirt. This one was from the black collection) and got us flashlights so that we would be able to see in the dark. We even mapped out a plan of action and where we would have our cab driver drop us off. Harry would occasionally giggle giddily at the plan and I had to remind myself that he was twenty one, not two. 

  "We have a half an hour." Harry announced at eleven o'clock. "I'm nervous."  

  "This was your idea, you can't back out now." I warned him. "You had us put all this effort into saving the whales, if you back out of this I'll scream."

  "I won't." He reassured me. "I just feel so bad."

  "We're whale protesting, not selling cocaine." I laughed dryly. "Relax, if anything happens one of us can pull the famous card and we'll get out of it. It should probably be you, I'm pretty much despised across the country right now." 

  "Hey, don't say that!" Harry frowned. "I don't despise you."

  "You aren't even from this country." I pointed out. "So you don't count."

  Harry smirked and took a step in towards me, pressing our foreheads together. He was so cheeky about his actions and knew exactly what he was doing. His breath fanned my face and his cologne was so intoxicating that I could get drunk off of it just by smelling it on him. His lips were dangerously close to mine, nearly brushing against them, but not quite.

  "Do I count yet?"

  "Mm, maybe." I whispered, closing my eyes.

  Suddenly, Harry drew back. I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest and he burst out laughing, even going as far as pointing at me. He totally lead me on to think that we were about to start to kiss again and he knew it, too.

  "Fine! If that's how you want to play it, then so can I!"

  "No, wait." Harry gasped. "I take it back."

  "Too late." I shrugged. Harry looked at me, heartbreak written all over his face. Of course I wasn't really going to stop with being physical, but it was funny making Harry believe I was. It also made me really realize how much Harry liked this and surprised me that this was the first day that we had ever made contact like this. How long had he wanted this, too?

  "After our mission." I promised. "If we're successful, I will give you as many victory kisses as you want." 

  "How about victory make out session instead?" Harry hinted rather blatantly.

  "Guess you'll have to see."

.

.

  "Ow, shit, I just ran into a shrub."

  It was currently one in the morning. Harry and I had successfully made it to Seaworld and had just started in putting our posters up. It proved to be a bit more difficult than we had originally thought- the tape was an extra sticky kind which meant that Harry oftentimes would have to get me to help him get it all off of him. We also hadn't factored in that there might be security cameras, so Harry had to hoist me up while I put duct tape over the lens. 

  "Maybe we should put some on the doors, too, that way people will see them right as they're opening the doors in the morning." Harry suggested.

  "Yeah, good one." I agreed. "Hand me the tape, will you? This one's almost done, then the rest can go on the doors."

  We had successfully hung six large banners. You could definitely spot the difference between Harry's and mine- his was full of factual evidence and mine was full of scribbles from curse words having to be crossed off. Nonetheless, I was proud of our artwork. To be honest, the whales didn't mean a whole lot to me, but I was happy to be doing this for Harry. 

  After covering one door completely, we moved on to the next. There were a series of doors and we wouldn't have enough poster board to fill them all, so we did the ones closest to the middle instead of the side entrance ones. So far there wasn't anyone in sight, too, which was good for us.

  I glanced inside the windows, trying to get a good look at what it was like inside. For the most part everything was pretty dark, but some things I could see. There was a small gift shop in the front and different food stands. If Harry wasn't so against rebelling, I would have sneaked myself in and grabbed some food.

  From the corner of my eye, I saw a light. Not just any light, however, the light of a flashlight. It was sweeping back and forth, coming closer and closer with each second. My whole body kicked into alert mode, and I grabbed Harry's hand and drug him to a nearby bush. He started to say something, but I clasped my hand over his mouth until we were hidden in safety.

  "Shh," I whispered.

  "What are you doing?" Harry whispered back. "I was on the last poster!" 

  "I think there's a security guard in there." I said urgently. "Like, right by the door. He would have totally seen us."

  Harry's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. His grip on my hand loosened and it was very evident that he was in a state of panic. He had good reasoning- being caught for this wouldn't exactly look good on his squeaky clean pop star record. 

  "Don't freak out." My voice was as calm as it could be. "We'll just crawl against this wall and get onto the road. We can hail a cab from there and go back to the suite. Okay?"

  "Right." Harry nodded. His palms were now starting to sweat against my own. "The job is already done, we can get out of here. Is there a way we can look in to see if the security man is coming near the door without him seeing us first?"

  "Yeah," I nodded. "I can crawl near there but still be behind the bush, I just need to be on the lookout for his flashlight. You stay here, I'll come back and let you know when the coast is-"

  "PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!" 

  We were screwed.

.

.

  a/n: sorry it's been 5ever but THEY GOT ARRESTED LOL

  -del

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 45 33
~COMPLETE~ A girl gets kidnapped. 5years later she gets out of there. But, Who does she run into? Who saves her? Who are her new best friends? What i...
834K 9.2K 56
I write funny, cute, and sad; basically any imagine you ask for. Leave suggestions in the comment box! I will do requests, but I will title the chapt...
42.7K 1.1K 61
1998: "I bet you 20 big people dollars that you and I will get married" "Where are you even going to get 20 big people dollars?" He asked me. "From y...
1.2M 6.6K 146
These are some really good One Direction Fan Fics you should read.If you like 1D and dont have a fanfic to read then check in here and you might find...