Im Not Like The Rest, Harry S...

By whoooopdeedoo

After Skylar Cowell's mother died, her father turned into the opposite of who he used to be. After some horri... More

Im Not Like The Rest, Harry Styles-1
Meeting Someone New-2
A Day With The Boys -3
Bonding Time- 4
One Month Later - 5
I Think I Want To Be More Than Friends With Him- 6
A Day At The Beach-7
Update In My Relationship Status-8
Talk Time -9
Theres Always Two Sides To A Person-10
Too forgiving-11
I Can't Believe I Like Harry-12
The Past Is The Past So Enjoy Right Now-13
Plan Gone Wrong-14
Look For Signs-15
Time To Go To Hawaii-16
idk a name for this chapter-17
A Little Flirt, A Little Tease-18
Do Something With Your Feelings Alright?-19
Finally-20
Feelings and Kissing-21
What Do You Want For Your Birthday?-22
Happy Birthday, Love-23
Discussing Things And A New Challeng-24
Make Him Want You-25
Bye Bye Hawaii Hello Public-26
We Can Make It work-27
Back To School-28
I Don't Want To Keep Too Much From Him-29
Two Weeks Without Harry?!-30
Talking About Eddy-31
Welcome Back Harry-32
Talking and Forgiving-33
Not Fully Forgiven-34
Friends Again But Come On Tour With Us-35
Date Before The Tour-36
STOP EDDY YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING-37
Can't Stay Mad-38
Phone Calls-39
Closer To Seeing Harry-40
New Years-41
After Party-42
Losing the best thing-43
Talking about thingss-44
He Needs To Earn Her Trust-45
An Explanation-46
Skylars Dad's House-47
Perfect morning??-48
Eventful Day-49
Car Rides and a Fancy Hotel Room-50
Next Day, Cheeky Talks-51
Back To The Boys-53
Beaches, showers and Harry Styles-54
Police Officers and Bad Day-55
Walks and Talks-56
Pranking The Pranksters-57
Date-58
Last day-59
Back Home-60
He's Not Talking To Me-61
I Still Love You- 62

Elevator Arguments but True Love-52

56.3K 1.1K 139
By whoooopdeedoo

Skylar’s POV

A perfect day can only last 24 hours, this was proven right now. The next day came too soon. Harry won’t let us stay here another day because he wants to go back to my dad’s house and clear things up. He said he wants and explanation and he owes me one too. I know that, but the image of my dad drunk and possibly hurting me again is all I can think of. Harry still doesn’t understand what I’ve gone through, he thinks it’s a lot easier for me to do, but if anything it’s harder. I explained all this to him and he didn’t take it too nicely.

“I never said it would be easy for you.” He said sternly as we began to walk towards the elevator. He clicked the button hitting the downwards arrow and we tried to be patient while waiting.

“But you implied it; you think it’s been easy for me to even come here in the first place?” I sighed as the elevator opened, we stepped in and I crossed my arms over my chest as I leaned into the corner of the miniature room.

Harry let out a frustrated groan as he clicked the Lobby button.

“I knew this was going to be hard for you. That’s why I came here in the first place! I came because I wanted to be by your side during tough times like this.”

“You only came with me so you could win me back...” I mumbled to myself, but I knew he heard. I didn’t mean to say it, and I probably sounded snobby and completely disrespectful to all Harry’s efforts, but it’s true. But at the same time, I’m glad he came with me.

“That’s true, but at the same time, no matter what situation we were in, I would be here by your side no matter what, and that’s because I love you and I knew that this wouldn’t be easy for you. I’m only pushing you so much because I want things to be better in your life, I’m not doing this because I all I wanted was to win you back, there’s so much more to it.”

I could tell by his voice that he was being serious. He wasn’t bullshitting his words and it’s making me feel guilty.

Just as the elevator door was opening I shyly grabbed a hold of his hand. I didn’t want him to think I was mad at him and for sure, I didn’t want him to be mad at me.

He complied, holding my hand tightly and reassuringly. As we walked to the front desk, Harry continued to hold my hand while he checked out and made final payments to the room.

I guess he understood my sudden change of mood in the elevator. I guess it was my nerves taking over me and I’m thankful that Harry knows me well enough to understand.

It didn’t take long for us to make it to the car. I can’t describe how nervous I feel.  I’m so scared things will go wrong, but I have to keep reminding myself that Harry’s here and he won’t let anything happen to me. He’s already pissed at my dad for the other night when he was home drunk but I just hope he can contain himself when we face him again

His hand rested on my knee while my hand was placed on top of his. I found myself playing with his long fingers.

“We’re almost there,” He informed grabbing my hand and giving it a soft kiss. He concentrated on the road ahead and I could tell he was in deep thought.

“What’re you thinking about?” I asked. He glanced at me for a quick second before looking back at the road and smiling.

“You of course,” I giggled at his words but I knew it was a lie.

“No seriously, Harry. You look a little tense.”

“It’s nothing you need to worry about, Love. I was just thinking to myself about nothing.”

I decided on not pushing any further. I knew he wasn’t going to tell me but I already have a feeling it has to do with us going back to my dad’s. Even though he wants me to go back there and clear things he still worries that things might go completely wrong. I know him too well.

What should have felt like ages, felt like seconds, we arrived back at the familiar home too soon and my nerves built up quickly.

We were both now out of the car. I was one step behind Harry as he grabbed a hold of my hand.

“Don’t worry, Sky. I’m here...”

His words soothed me and relaxed me a bit. But still, nothing could tear away the amount of fear held in my body. Anything can happen.

Once we approached the door, my shaky, unoccupied hand rang the doorbell. Harry gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I could hear loud footsteps making their way to the door. I didn’t even realize that I was hiding behind Harry’s tall figure until he gave me a sympathetic look.

The door swung open revealing my father. He smelt bad, his clothes were dirty and the bags under his eyes proved he hadn’t taken a nap since his last hangover.

He didn’t speak. My dad was just as nervous as I was.

“We came to get our stuff,” Harry huffed, tugging at my hand so I moved a little closer to his side.

“Come in,” He attempted to smile at us, as though nothing ever happened. I couldn’t even look him in the eye for more than a second before averting my gaze.

We walked back into the house. The only difference was the beer bottles were no longer scattered around and the smell of alcohol wasn’t there.

Just as we reached the staircase leading upstairs, harry stopped me from walking.

“Actually... I’ll get our things, you can wait down here.”

My heart stopped and my hold on Harry’s hand got tighter. I shook my head constantly to the sides- silently begging him to take back his words and not leave me down here.

“Trust me,” He mouthed, placing a soft and gentle kiss on my cheek. “I’ll only be two minutes.”

He walked up the stairs, and I know that although this is going to be hard, it’ll be better in the long run. And it’s only two minutes... if I keep enough distance between my father and I, I’m sure nothing will happen, but then again, who knows?

I shook out my bad thoughts and hesitantly walked back into the living room. He was sitting on the couch minding his own business; I don’t know how I’m supposed to start talking to him, but I had to do it. Especially for Harry, if he thinks this will help me, I have to trust him and believe that it will.

I took a seat that was next to the sofa he was sitting on. I was looking right at him. He looked at me and gave me a weary smile and concentrated back on the TV. He was having a difficult time looking at me.

Now that I think about it, no one would believe that his brother is Simon Cowell.  Uncle Si looks so much better and well taken care of, and my dad... he looks anything but that. He looks tired and old.

“D-dad,” I said hesitantly. He looked over at me and nodded.

“We need to talk about the other day.”

I was surprised at the confidence in my voice. It didn’t come naturally though; it’s hard to act strong when really you’re not.

He nodded again, and waited for me to continue.

“W-why would you get drunk again? How could you do that after everything that happened?” I asked, begging for an answer to make me think ‘maybe he had a legitimate reason’.

“I don’t know, Sky. I don’t know why. I was doing great, and I was truly excited for you to come and finally get things patched up. I guess when you came, you were giving me a bit of a hard time and when you finally started opening up you reminded me so much of your mother... you look so much like her. I guess that’s when I cracked and went out to the bar. And when I got home I guess I was still hurting and needed to drink more. I wanted to drink away the memory of her...”

I could feel tears spilling from my eyes. I tried hard to hold it in but I couldn’t. They just fell quietly while I sat there. I feel like I should understand his reasoning, but I can’t! How could he go back to drinking so easily? It never resulted in anything good!

“I thought you said you were better.” I spat, crossing my arms over my chest.

“I thought I was.” He admitted. “I didn’t think I’d turn back so easily.”                              

“You need to get help.”

He nodded while looking down at his hands.

“Please don’t be mad at me, Skylar.”

“Do you want me to be happy? Well, I can’t be! I’m upset! I came because I thought it would be better for me. Do you even know how badly you’ve hurt me?”

“I-I’m sorry.”  He stuttered.

“Sorry won’t cut it. You need to go and get professional help. Maybe then I’ll come see you again. When I know you’re safe and not going to hurt me or anyone around us.”

He looked sad, but he agreed. “I will. I promise you Sky, I’ll do what I can to get better. I promise it’ll be me coming to visit you and Simon. It’ll be like old times.” He smiled but I couldn’t find myself to do the same.

“That sounds good. Promise me you’ll get help now and not wait until it’s too late.”

“I promise.”

I smiled and just then Harry walked down the stairs with both suitcases.

He left the suitcases at the side and came to me. I stood up and grabbed Harry’s hand, and with my free one, I wiped my tear stained cheek.

“Is everything alright?” He asked me.

I nodded. “Are we ready to go?” I asked.

“I’m ready when you are.”

Harry and I pulled our stuff to the door. My dad followed and ended up giving me and Harry a quick hug. He apologized to Harry and I again and remade his promise to get help. Harry wasn’t comfortable around him being so close to me again, but chose to just let things happen.

It wasn’t long before we were back at the car. Harry placed the last suitcase in the trunk and I closed it for him.

I was suddenly leaned against the car trunk. Harry took a step forward to me so his body was slightly against mine. His arms slipped around my waist and my arms were around his shoulder.

“Are you alright?” He asked, referring to when he saw the tears on my cheeks while I was inside talking to my dad.

“I’m much better now,” I admitted. “Thank you, Harry, for being here with me.”

“I’ll always be here for you.”

I smiled up at him as his lips came in contact with mine. It was a sweet, simple kiss.

We stayed there like that for a minute or two, just kissing each other and enjoying each other’s company, but we had to get a move on.

We got back in the car, the whole ride he had his hand in mine, and at stop signs and red lights he’d kiss my hand, my cheek or my lips.

I’m kind of excited to get back to the boys. I miss them, and I know they’re all probably suspicious and curious about us.

I’ve been thinking, maybe I’m glad things turned out the way they did. Maybe I’m glad that although my dad got drunk again and scared the living crap out of me, things between Harry and I got better. Now I trust him more than ever and now, I really do love him more than I ever have.

I remember Louis wasn’t happy with Harry when we left, but I’m sure things will get better when we’re back.

I’m choosing to forget all the bad that’s happened. Starting now, my life will be great.

Next chappy soon. COMMENT AND VOTE FOR EARLY UPDATE Lets try 150 votes, 60 comments?

I promise you, you'll all like next chapter much more than this filler one :/ YOU"LL BE SUPRISED> GUESS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN 

HINT: CHRISTMAS BREAK IS PRACTICALY OVER..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 232 18
When Maddie's life takes an unexpected turn, she is forced to go live in London with an old friend. She finds her self falling in love with his best...
49.5K 940 25
Most kids know who their dads are, they live with them, they play with them, they go to the movies together and lots more. Well im not like most kids...
46.2K 714 28
Cecilia Walker (cece) was abused by her father half her life. When her father dies she ends up having to go to an orphanage. But what happens when on...
25.3K 733 31
I'm very lonely. My parents abuse me so I left. I've lived on the streets for a very long time now. The cops keep chasing me but I didn't do anything...