Chemistry Partners

By -mayraaa

High School student Zoe is dreading going off to college soon. All she wants to do is finish off high school... More

Welcome
Cast List
Chapter 1: Married Couple
Chapter 2: Boys Have Cooties
Chapter 3: New Friend
Chapter 4: Cookie Monster
Chapter 5: Matching Friendship Tattoos
Chapter 6, Part 1: New Guy
Chapter 6, Part 2: Graffiti
Chapter 7: Thanksgiving Break
Chapter 8: Thanksgiving Dinner
Chapter 9: Sarson For Life
Chapter 10: He's A Keeper
Chapter 12: Kisses & Mistakes
Chapter 13: Brayden's Back
Chapter 14: Employees Only
Chapter 15: Revenge
Chapter 16: Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 17: Christmas
Chapter 18: Stars & Kisses
Chapter 19: Tutor
Chapter 20: Yes or No
Chapter 21: Date Night
Chapter 22: Making Out
Chapter 23: Terrible Day
Chapter 24: Accidents Happen
Chapter 25: Unconscious
Chapter 26: Wake Up, Gorgeous
Chapter 27: Awake
Chapter 28: Graduation
Epilogue: New Beginnings
Last Author's Note
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter 11: Skipping

1.1K 51 20
By -mayraaa

Rewritten: 02/19/17

z o e

Naomi gasped, her phone falling out of her hand. "Oh my gosh..." She muttered. "I can't believe I did that!" She cried out, quickly picking up her phone.

I stared at her. "What'd you do that you had to drop your phone?"

"I can't believe I did that!" She wailed staring at her phone in disbelief. "I... I liked his Instagram picture! And it's not a recent one either! I scrolled so far down, holy crap. Oh my gosh..." Naomi freaked out.

I burst out laughing, finding this very amusing.

"Zoe!" Naomi yelled glaring at me. "What do I do? He's going to think I'm a freak!"

"That's because you are." I grinned.

She threw a pillow at me. "You're not helping me!"

"I'm sorry but this is funny. Whose picture was it?"

She mumbled something that I couldn't catch, her face flushing pink.

"Who?" I asked once again.

She stayed quiet. "...Carson."

I burst out laughing once again. "Oh, Naomi."

Naomi sighs, "Well, I gotta get going, see you tomorrow." She said as she grabbed her stuff and put it away in her purple floral backpack. Well she got over that real quick...

I nodded, typing away on my phone. "See ya later," I muttered back.

---

I narrowed my eyes, squinting to get a good look at the girl Derek was talking to. She looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out who it was.

"Who're you looking at?" Naomi said popping out of nowhere.

I screamed slightly, "Jeez, Naomi!"

"So, who're we looking at?" She said ignoring my previous statement.

"Derek's talking to someone and he looks happy... it's weird!" I muttered.

Naomi snickered, "That's Alessia, she's really nice."

"Reckon he's got a crush on her?" I whispered.

Someone cleared their throat, "You guys done talking about me?" Derek said, looking highly amused.

Naomi and I squealed, sharing a looking. "Hi, Derek."

"Huh? Psh, what does that even mean!?" I said nervously.

Derek rolled his eyes, "Idiots."

Naomi narrowed her eyes, "So, who was that?"

"Alessia." He murmured. "She's in my history class."

I grinned, noticing a slightly pink tint on his cheek. Wiggling my eyebrows, "Ooh, you have a crush."

He shoved me slightly, "Shut up, this is bullying, I'm leaving."

I laughed, as he walked away from us. "This isn't over!"

"Oh, but it is!"

"Guess who's back?" I heard his familiar voice.

"Hi, Sean," I said turning around and facing him.

Sean scoffed, "I thought I was going to get a warm welcome like maybe a hug and a kiss. This is a shitty welcome."

I faked a big smile, "Welcome back, honey. How are you?"

Sean smirked, "That's better."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Idiot," I muttered.

"What was that?"

"Idiot," I said louder. Sean rolled his eyes, chuckling.

"Hey, Zoe! Catch!" Carson screamed from the other side of the hallway. Seconds later, a football came hurling my way. I squealed ducking down as the football ended up hitting Sean as he stumbled, almost falling. The whole hallway stopped their chattering.

A murderous look appeared on Sean's face as he regained his balance and turned around slowly, his eyes landing on a sheepish looking Carson.

"I'll start running now," Carson said before he started to run, Sean running after him.

"What just happened?" Mason said, looking confused. He ran a hand through his platinum blonde hair. Damn, I really like his hair.

"How do you manage to keep your hair like that?" I blurted out.

Mason burst out laughing, "I do what any normal person does, shampoo and conditioner."

"But.. your hair is so nice and it looks so fluffy," I stated.

He grinned, "Thanks, Zo."

---

"Zoe," Annabelle said, appearing out of nowhere. Where are all these people coming from? And why are they always coming for me?! Leave me alone!

"Annabelle, hello, what can I do for you?"

"Why is Sean really hanging out with you?"

"If you really want to know, you should ask him. Now, I'm going to go and enjoy my lunch, see you later... or never." I turned the opposite way and basically ran to the lunch room.

I plop down on the lunch bench, dropping my brown paper bag.

"Can we please skip? Please please!" Carson whined, "with a cherry on top!"

"You can," Mason said, plucking a grape from Carson's lunch tray. Carson scowled at him before turning his attention to Naomi and me.

He quirked an eyebrow, "I'll buy you food."

"Deal." Naomi nodded her head, a smile appearing on her face.

Mason's jaw dropped. "What?"

"We can go after lunch, yeah?" Carson adds.

"You do know the school's going to call home right?"

Naomi shrugged, "My parents aren't home, just my brother."

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head at these two. "I don't even know what to say."

"You could say that you'll skip with us." Naomi raises an eyebrow.

"We're skipping? Let's go!" Sean appears in the conversation, sitting down next to Mason.

Carson grins, "Zoe and Mason keep saying no."

"I haven't even said anything," I muttered, my eyes trained on my lunch tray.

"She'll go," Derek said, taking a seat next to me. "Just like the good ole days." Grinning, he plucked a grape from my tray.

"Great! Now, all we have to do is convince Mason. Mason, just say yes. I'll buy you food too, I guess." Carson sighed.

Mason rolls his eyes. "You're paying for sure then."

Carson grunted, "I'm going to be broke by the end of today."

I smile, "Sucks for you, shouldn't have mentioned that you'd buy us food."

Carson stuck his tongue out at me.

---

I sat crisscrossed on the carpeted floor facing Sean. "Your turn."

"I broke three bones, I dyed my hair blonde once, and I have two tattoos."

We were currently at Sean's house and everyone was doing something random. Carson and Naomi were playing some video game and Mason and Derek were tapping away on their phones. Sean and I are playing a game of Two Truths and One Lie. From this game, Sean's a great liar and I don't know what that says about him.

"Um, you dyed your hair blonde is a lie." I wrinkled my nose. "I can not imagine you blonde."

"It's the truth." Sean laughed.

"Oh gosh, he looked so fúcking stupid with blonde hair." Carson paused the game laughing. "I think I still have pictures!"

Sean's face turned pink, a scowl appearing on his face. "I'm going to kill you, Carson."

I giggled, trying to imagine Sean with blonde hair. "Okay, okay, what's the lie then?" I asked him, changing the subject back to our game.

"That I've broken three bones. I've broken zero bones."

Hmm... tattoos are hot. "Hm, so you have two tattoos?"

He nodded, "Mhm, does that make me hotter?" He smirked.

Yes. I rolled my eyes, "I never said you were hot."

"Mhmm." Sean teased.

"Why the hell are there so many people at my house?" The door slammed open and seconds later Sean's brother appeared in the room we were all in.

"Hi, Cody. Why're you here?"

Cody quirked an eyebrow as if to say 'are you stupid?', "Because I live here? Dumbáss."

I snickered.

Carson rolled his eyes, "Shut the fück up, Cody."

"Why're y'all skipping classes today? You know the school calls home right?"

"Mhm, yes I'm aware."

"Hey, what hand soap is that? It smells really good." Naomi said as she exited the bathroom.

"Hm, and who might you be?" Cody asked.

"Hi! I'm Naomi."

Cody smiled, "Nice to meet you, Naomi, I'm Cody."

"Hey! Stop flirting!" Carson grunted.

"Oohh, is someone jealous?" I murmured quietly, chuckling. Sean snickered.

"I was not flirting, I was simply conversing with this beautiful lady," Cody said smirking.

Naomi's cheeks tinted red.

"Cute." I murmured.

"Alright, alright, well, if you're all still here for dinner, I'm ordering pizza in a little bit," Cody said, walking into a different room.

"Hell yeah, I'm staying here until the pizza arrives."

♡♡

Author's Note: one more week till i'm on summer break! sadly, i have finals next week so... i'm hoping i survive.

also, i apologize, this is a shitty chapter, i'm very sorry, i had a hard time writing. little bit of a writer's block. not very happy with this chapter... might change it very soon.

comment, vote, share, etc. (:

xoxo - Mayyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

939K 83.2K 38
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
173K 3.9K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant โœฟ โœฟ โœฟ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
60.2K 1.9K 23
Having fun during the summer is easy. Having someone close to you die, isn't. Falling in love is sorta easy but it's even easier when you go to Disne...