Dark Moon [Complete]

By Kyords

Kyle is the Alpha of the White Shadow Pack. For years, he searched for his mate and never found her. When he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 26

30.5K 985 18
By Kyords

Emily passed the night at the clinic. She didn't remember hearing Kyle enter the room, but when she woke up, he was there, sleeping on the chair, beside her bed.
They went home together and Emily noticed that Kyle was walking closer to her, almost touching her hand with his. That made her wonder if that had something to do with the need to protect her from another attack or if it was related with his feelings for her. Maybe it was both.

"Are you sure you are Ok?" He asked, breaking the silence.

She smiled at him, small dimples forming on her cheeks.
"Yes, I'm fine, Kyle."

He opened the door of the mansion, indicating her to go first. Then, he took her to her room. Emily walked to the bed and sat on it, while Kyle stayed at the door, rubbing his neck as if be wasn't sure of what to do next.

"You need to rest. I will prepare something for you to eat." He said turning to leave.

"I'm not an invalid, you know? I can prepare my own food." She said, lying down. The truth was that she was exhausted and a few hour of sleep would be life traveling to heaven, but she didn't want to be a burden to Kyle.

"I know but you are my mate and I will be more than happy to make some dish for you. I need to take care of you, Emily."

She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it again. Was he really beginning to accept her? Before she could ask, he disappeared from her room.

Sleep took over her in less than two minutes.

Kyle entered Emily's room and found her sleeping profoundly. He didn't want to wake her, so he took the bolognese he had prepared to the kitchen. He would heat it after and take it to her. Feeling tired too, he went upstairs to his room to take a nap. He was almost falling asleep, when someone knocked on his door.

"Come in." He said to the person. Marc entered the space, looking tired as well.

"I just came to know how is Emily."

"She is tired but fine. She is sleeping now."

"Kyle we need to talk about our strategy." Marc said, walking to the chair beside the desk.

Nightmares plagued Emily's sleep. Rabid wolves were following her, barring their sharp teeths to her. She turned and turned on her bed, trying desperately to escape the fate that was consuming her mind.
She woke up panting, trying to gain the orientation needed to reassure herself that everything was ok. She pondered to go back to sleep, but that idea wasn't appealing. She was too agitated with the latest night's events to close her eyes again.

Gaining her senses back, she heard male's voices coming from Kyle's room.
They were muffle, but she could heard the tension in them.

Curiosity took the best of her and she got up without making any sound, putting her head against the hard surface. It was wrong, she knew that, but she couldn't stop herself.

"Kyle, we should tell her about her pack..." Marc's voice raised a bit of tone making Kyle growl.

"Keep your voice down. She could hear you if she wakes up." Kyle hissed.

"But she has the right to know that she is in danger. If you explain the situation, she will understand why you don't want her to do patrols and why those rogues were in our territory." Marc continued, lower this time.
Emily pressed her ear a little more to the wall. She was sure they were talking about her.

"I won't tell Emily a thing and you will shut your mouth. It's an order."

"Kyle, my friend, it's bad enough that a mad impostor Alpha took over her legitimate pack and killed her parents in the process. Do you want her to feel that she can't trust us, trust you?"

Emily was at a loss. What were they talking about? About her was sure but she never knew she had other pack before and less that she was an Alpha, or had Alpha blood at least. That would explain a lot of things like how her wolf had appear when she was just six years and the problem to shift back that first time when she was thirteen. Her wolf was strong and dominant, but never in her life had she questioned why.
Internally, she knew that they were correct, she had indeed Alpha blood running in her veins.

Emily backed off and went to her bathroom. She didn't want for any of them to know that she had heard every word. Stepping into the tub, she turn on the water and welcomed the hot spay that fell over her body.

She thought about the new revelations. She could understand Kyle's decision to not tell her. He was trying to protect her. He knew she would try to find that pack and he was right. Maybe that was the reason why she felt the need, the pull to go somewhere through the woods. Her wolf was searching her right place, her former pack.
She would have to find out from which pack her parents had come from, her former pack, the pack that she had been born to rule.

Yes, I will find it, and I will take my place back.

Another question came up to her mind.
Who had take her position? Who had killed her parents? Could be that they were killed and it was the same person that now ruled her pack? Marc seemed to think so.

Emily had no idea, but her wolf was there, fueling her thoughts, her determination. For some reason, knowing this was making her feel more complete, more alive. She had a new purpose now, apart from conquering Kyle's heart, which, by the way, didn't seemed so hard now.

Emily knew that it was risky. If the rogues attack were caused by the man that ruled her pack, he had power and she was sure that he wanted her, he needed her for some reason. Kill her? Mate with her? Which one? Why?

She had to find out and probably she would need some help. Someone that she could trust. Brandon popped into her head, but she knew that he would tell Kyle if he thought that her life could be in danger. She needed someone that could bend the rules without caring and that would be Jake. Maybe the two could help. Maybe Kris could help too.

Emily got out of the tub and went for a towel. After drying herself and put some clothes on, she sat on her bed thinking.
She was so absorb with the possible plans, that she didn't notice Kyle entering her room.

"You are awake." He said, looking at her with a worried expression.

Remember to not make him suspicious...

Emily forced a smile and tried to put a blank face.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep more, so I took a shower and you know... I'm waiting for your special dish." She hoped that she had convince Kyle that she didn't hear anything. He looked at her intensely. Maybe he was trying to see through her. Emily widened her smile, hoping that it would help Kyle forget about her possible eavesdropping.

His posture relaxed.

"I will bring you the food. It's my specialty." He winked at her, making her laugh.

Kyle disappeared through the door quickly. Ten minutes later, he came back with something that smelled delicious.
He sat beside her on the bed and gave her the plate. While she ate, he never took his eyes from her, the way she chewed the food, the way her lips moved while tasting the pasta.
When she finished, he took the plate away, placing it on the desk. He returned to the bed with her and pulled Emily to him, so her head was laying on his chest.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked surprised.

"I had been a brute to you. I yelled at you the first time you shifted, I did the same thing when you were at that party with your friend, I yelled at you when you started living with me. I was an asshole to you and I'm sorry. It was hard to find you when you were just a baby, to know that you are an innocent connected to a beast like me."

"You are not a beast, Kyle. You are a wonderful man, a great Alpha."

"Emily, please, hear me out." She was ready to argue again but shut her mouth.

"When I was younger, I killed many people, some innocent and I didn't waste one second to think about my actions. I killed everyone that crossed my land."

"Why did you do that?" She asked, turning her face to him.

"After my parents death by rogues, I was angry at all werewolves that didn't have a pack. I thought that all rogues were the same."

He cleared his throat, preparing himself for what he needed to say next.

"The night we found you, I was going to kill you. I had that intention, till I saw your face and my wolf recognized you as my mate."

Emily remained silent, processing all his words.

Kyle took it as repulsion and let the arm that was holding her fall to the side.

"Em, I understand if you want to choose another male to live with. I made that promise a long time ago and I will keep it."

Emily tilted her head and kissed him slowly. Kyle was surprised with the action. She pulled away and looked at her mate.

"Kyle you changed. You are no monster to my eyes. You are my mate and I don't want another male in my life. I chose you a long time ago."

Kyle brought his lips to hers, kissing her passionately. They pulled back to catch their breath.

"It's time for you to sleep." He kissed her on her forehead and embraced her again.

They fell asleep together in each other arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 12.3K 33
What would happen if your father decided to have you married to a complete stranger? Taylor Hayes a 17 year old. She is independent teenage girl who...
128K 3.7K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
412 6 7
As a half-human, Ensley's family led her to believe that she would never have a wolf as a true mate. However, in the middle of her marking ceremony t...
530K 13.7K 33
Aubree Bradford has just been moved across the country with her pack, the Silver Moon Pack. She's the daughter of the Alpha of their pack. Aubree enr...