The Hunter.

By Nica_diAngelo

"What're you saying, girl?" "Well, you have Slicers, Baggers, Track Hoe's, Builders, Runners...but I'll never... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Comment please
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Thanks!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Wow
Chapter 8
A/N (Important, well Semi-important!)
Chapter 9
Sorry
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Yes...again.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 21

68 6 4
By Nica_diAngelo

I'm so sorry this is, like, months overdue. I tried to make it extra long. I even put in some major Newtmiss. Please enjoy the chapter.

Alby stared at the wall, his face contorted into an expression of total anguish, his eyes forlorn and empty.

Thomas leaned against the far wall, looking at anything but the dark-skinned boy before him. He looked relieved when Artemis and Newt entered. "Thomas, what are you doing here?" Missie asked. Thomas shrugged. "He requested me but refused to talk unless Missie was here."

"Alby?" Newt said, softly.

"The t- I asked for Thomas and Missie."

"They're right here-"

"Leave Newt."

"No, I wanna hear."

"Newt leave. Now"

"Alby-"

"Out!"

Newt flinched. "Alright," he turned to the door, "just don't expect me to kiss your butt when you come saying' sorry."

"Shut the door!" Alby yelled. Newt slammed it.

Missie and Thomas were wide eyed as the watched the exchange.

"I know who you are." Alby said. Thomas and Missie exchanged a weary glance.

"I remember...I remember the flare."
The flare?

"Alby, we don't know what you're talking about. The flare?"

Alby shook his head. "It ain't a pretty picture. Don't know why they'd want us to remember that..." He shuddered.

"Alby. You said you knew who we were?"

He looked up at her. "You-"

Then Alby tensed. He wrapped his hands around his neck and began to squeeze, his legs kicking out wildly as if he were having a seizure. "Alby!" Thomas exclaimed, "Alby! Newt!"

Newt burst in, his eyes widened.

"He's strangling himself!" Artemis realized, rushing forward to help Newt. "Get his legs!" The boy ordered. Thomas and Missie each went to grab a leg, it wasn't very easy. Missie took a kick to her thigh and her stomach and Thomas took one to the jaw. Newt tried to pry Alby's fingers away. "You're bloody killing yourself! Alby!" The thick muscles in Newts arms were tensed and bulging, the veins popping.

Finally Alby quit struggling. His eyes glazed over and he relaxed.

"Sorry, Newt, it wasn't me. I swear." Alby mumbled.

"Sorries, nothing. You were killing yourself!"

"It wasn't me. I swear"

"What does that even- you know what? Get your rest" he picked a fallen blanked and draped it over Alby, "We'll talk later."

"Newt," Alby called, "Protect the maps."

Newt blinked then grabbed hold of Thomas's arm and wrapped his other arm around Missie's waist. "Let's get out of here. You guys hungry?"

The pair shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. I am" Newt said, "let's get some grub."

**************★**************

"So. No offense, Missie, Tommy. But you guys are different. The creators seem to love you Missie. Tommy you've arrived at a weird time. You and that girlfriend of yours " Newt sipped his glass of milk. She took the cup and raised her brow at the white liquid. She shrugged and sipped at it. It wasn't bad.

"Newt, really. We don't-"

"Bloody hell, Missie don't yell me you don't remember or know anything."

"But i-"

"I know you don't. But if anything feels familiar. Please, please tell me."

Thomas was staring intently at Missies (previously Newt's) cup.

He shook his head and looked at Missie. He tilted his head a little.

"What?" Newt asked. "Why are you tilting your heads and..."

Missie hadn't noticed she was.

She straightened up. "When I first got here. I got a feeling like...like I'd been here before. I didn't think much of it. I thought everyone..."

Newt shook his head.

"Me too." Thomas added.

"You guys seem to be..."

"Yeah." The two said understanding the blonde boy.

"And the other girl. I'm going to need you two to stare at her. Stare till your eyes bleed. You need to remember something"

Newt stood. "Let's go."

They walked into the med-room.

Clint was there. He grinned when he saw Missie. "If it ain't our resident Griever assassin!" He got up and clapped her fondly on the back. She punched his arm playfully. "My assassinations aren't Griever specific, though. So you'd better start paying attention to how I feel about you."

"And how do you feels about me?" Clint wiggled his brows suggestively. Artemis stared at him. Then they both burst out laughing. "Just so you know Missie, I think what you did was pretty awesome." Clint said, Missie pulled off her shirt and Clint handed her the slightly oversized one she preffered to work in. She'd taken it from the boys stash of clean shirts (They liked to work with the Track-Hoes and Builders, which were, generally messy jobs, and if the boys had objected, they didn't let on.

Clint took Missie's top. Folding it carefully uder her watchful eye.

She nodded at it and he placed it in the drawer. Newt and Thomas watched this exchange with raised brows. "So what's the update on Girl Number Two?" Missie asked Clint, eyeing the empty bowl next to the girl. "She eating more?"

Clint nodded.

"Artemis gestured to Thomas. "Let's get to working."

Clint hesitated. "Actually...there is something." He glanced wearily at Thomas. Newt waved his hand dismissively. "He can hear."

Clint cleared his throat. "Well, she keeps talking... She keeps saying..." He glanced at Thomas, "his name."

Thomas looked as startled as anyone else in the room.

But Missie stared intently at the girl. Thomas copied her. Missie noticed the girl had very pale skin. Not as pale as hers of course, but pale all the same. She was very pretty too.

Thomas jumped. "Did you say something Missie?" Missie shook her head, confused.

"I thought I heard..."
Teresa.

Missie stood

"Teresa?" She asked. Thomas nodded. "You heard it too?" He looked relieved.

"Well I didn't hear a bloody thing" Newt said.
Thomas.

Missie's breath quickened. "Newt she's talking..."

"No she isn't. You two sit down."

A sharp piercing pain suddenly struck Missie's head. It was so bad she lost all control of herself. Artemis screamed. She screamed a bloodcurdling scream. She yelled out that her head was breaking apart as she fell to her knees, clutching her head.
Artemis.

She screamed for the pain to go away. For the voice to go away.

She was vaguely aware of Newt calling her name.

She couldn't open her eyes. She screamed at Newt to make it go away. "Missie, love. Tell me what to-"

Another intense pang wracked her brain.

Her head was being ripped apart.
We're the last ones, you guys.

Artemis screamed. "Stop! Stop! Stop!"
Don't freak out on me Tom. Missie hold on a little longer.

Missie clenched her teeth.
Everything's gonna change.

Missie opened her eyes and saw dark spots. They grew wider, obscuring Newts face.

"Missie?"
We did this to them. To us.

Finally the pain stopped. And so did everything else. She would've let the dark come anyway, but as it was the dark gave her no choice. It just took over.

**************★**************
Missie woke to a blonde tangled mess. Newt sat on a chair beside the bed, his head laying on his arms on the bed. Artemis trailed a finger over the thick muscles in his arms, his gold lashed brushed his cheek bones as they fluttered, revealing a pair of deep brown eyes which crinkled at the edges as Best smiled.
"Sure did give me a fright there, Miss." He murmured.
"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't... I couldn't really..." Artemis signed. She really didn't understand what had happened.
"I dunno, Missie. I might never forgive you."
Missie rolled her eyes, "What time is it?"
"My guess is a few hours before sunrise"
"Where's Thomas?"
"Haven't seen him since he ran out of here looking every bit disturbed and deranged."
Missie shuddered at the memory of the pain and briefly wondered if Thomas had felt it as well.
Missie made to get up, but Newt held her in place. "And just what do you think you're doing?"
"Getting up? I wanna go to my tent"
Newt narrowed his eyes at her.
"Newt, love, I'm fine. Really. Perfectly fine."
Newt raised a brow.
Missie leaned forward to kiss him and he responded almost immediately. He stood and pulled her closer to him. Newt's tounge trailed over her bottom lip and she gasped. He slipped his tounge into her mouth and Artemis fell apart. She let him dominate he mouth because it felt so good. Missie let out a whimper when Newt bit her bottom lip. He moved to kiss her cheek, then her jaw, then her neck.
"Newt?" Missie breathed,
"Mmmh?"
"Do you ever... Oh!"
He suckled at the skin on her neck and Missie pulled him closer, weaving her fingers tightly through his hair. His hands tightened on her waist as he trailed his lips back up to her lios , where he placed a chaste kiss before pulling away.
"Do I ever what?" Newt asked. Missie furrowed her brows.
"Huh?"
"You were asking me a question."
"Oh, yeah." She remembered, "Do you ever wonder why we feel so natural? I know exactly how I fit with you..its weird...but nice."
"I don't really know, Miss. But I...I know your body..." Newt blushed upon realisation of what he'd just said. Missie giggled.
The sun peeked over the walls and the ground shook a little as the doors opened.
"Come on," Newt said, stepping back, "your sentence begins now"
Missie groaned. Oh. That.
"You know Newt, I think I am feeling a little sick after all. Maybe I should sit this one out."
Newt laughed. "Nice try Miss. You told me you were perfectly fine. Besides. It won't be that bad. You won't be alone, at least." Missie sighed and got off the bed.
"Let's go and find that impulsive lunatic." Newt said.
"Ya mean Thomas?"
"That's the one."
Before they reached the door it opened and Chuck hurried in, he hugged Missie.
"I think its about time I told you that the entire Glade kind of..sort of...heard everything." Newt whispered. Missie glared at him. "You're kidding."
Chuck pulled back and said, "I thought you'd died!"
Missie shook her head. "Nah, still alive and kicking....hey Chuck? Could you go and get Thomas and take him to the slammer? We'll meet y'all there"
Chuck nodded and hurried off.
"What-" Newt started, but Artemis cut him off by pushing him against the door.
"Woah." He breathed.
"Woah indeed." Missie whispered directly in his ear.
"We're not going to be able to do this again for a while."
"How'd you figure that?"
"Slammer today, Minho tomorrow, Forbidden relationship."
Newt considered this.
"So you should let me get it out of my system." Missie murmured.
**************★**************

Thomas was sitting outside the slammer. Missie ran to him and offered him a hand to help him up. He pulled her into a hug.
"You good?" He asked.
Missie pulled away and nodded. "You?"
"I'll survive"
Newt opened he slammer and they went in.
"See you chaps at sundown. Chukie'll be by to give you your meals."

Missie sat on the ground and said, "We're beyond screwed up."
Thomas nodded in agreement.
"You didn't feel the pain?"
Thomas shook his head no.
"You did hear the voice?"
He nodded.
"Want me to stare at you and see if something clicks?"
"Go ahead." Thomas urged
Missie changed her position so she was on her knees and stared intently at Thomas's face. ?He had dark hair, dark lashes. He is eyes, although they weren't brown, were dark...like...steel grey or something.
He had high cheek bones. He was pretty good looking, actually.

"Like what you see?" Thomas joked.
"Eh. You ain't too ugly. But...shuck, Tom, you're familiar."
Thomas nodded in understanding.
"You too, Miss. I know you. Somehow."
"And don't forget mystery girl and her torturous telepathy."
"It was really bad for you, huh?" Thomas asked.
"You didn't hear me screaming?" Missie asked hopefully.
"I did...in my head."
"Where were you? In the fricking maze?" Missie asked.
Thomas smiled sheepishly, and Artemis rolled her eyes.
"How do you think we know each other?" He asked.
Missie shrugged, "Dunno. I could be your shuck wife for all we know"
Thomas grinned. "You'd better hope not."
"Why? I'm not pretty enough for you? Are you into blondes?" Missie flipped her dark hair.
"Nah. You seem to be though."
Missie frowned in confusion. "The shuck is that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing..." Thomas shrugged, "just wouldn't want Newt to be jealous is all."
Please tell me what you thought. I hope y'all liked it!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 1.6K 58
Prefrences with Gally, Newt (duh), Thomas, Minho and Aris *requests r open :P* enjoy i don't own these characters rights are you James Dashner (i spe...
11.5K 307 21
Book 1: (Y/n) arrives in the maze with no memory of who she was or what she is doing here. She is trapped in a maze prison surrounded by hundreds of...
26.3K 835 17
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, all rights belong to James Dashner.
305K 8.1K 16
The Maze trials are over, now Y/N, Newt and the rest of the subjects must face the Scorch Trials. Y/N and the Maze B girls head out into the Scorch t...