Chapter 9

Hey guys. I'm reeeeeaaaaally sorry for the long wait, don't kill me, even if the idea sounds tempting. Anyway please enjoy this chapter!

For a horrible moment the room was dead silent. Artemis was cautious, the boys could be thinking anything. Naturally, things didn't seem to work in her favour, so of course, Gally spoke first.

"If that ain't enough shuck proof I don't know what is?"

"Gally, shut up." Alby said, but even he sounded a bit unsure. He turned to Missie, "Do you know anythin-"

''No." She answered quickly, but that didn't feel like enough. "Alby I swear, I swear that I don't know what this is about... I'm as clueless as you guys are." Her gray eyes were pleading with him.

"Not gonna believe her are ya?" Gall asked, "The truth hits ya right between you're eyes, but you somehow manage to miss it." The others began mumbling either in agreement or disagreement.

"Everybody just shut up!" Alby ordered. He turned to Artemis and raised his brows at her.

"Alby, you have to believe that I'd never hurt anyone, especially Newt!" She kept her voice steady.

Alby sighed. "Look, I'm not saying that you don't have anything to do with it," Gally straightened up. "But I'm not accusing you of anything. I don't think you have any conscious involvement. You guys should leave, we'll have a Gathering soon."

Minho crossed his arms and said, "So ya shanks should prepare yourselves for a major deduction session..." Artemis felt grateful for Minho, always trying to lighten up the mood, it seemed. The others started to leave (except for Minho,  who stayed in his chair), but Gally stood firm. Alby rubbed his temples as if he had a very huge headache. "What is it, Gally?"

"I don't know who you think you're fooling"

"What?"

"Look, you can ignore me, pretend everything's fine 'n normal. Fact is; it's not. You know it as well as I do. This girl's bad news. So ask yourself 'Oh, great leader'. Who you helpin, by keeping her here? Huh?"

Alby was seething, he glared at Gally. But before he could say something, Minho cut in, "Thank you, Gally. As you were told previously, we will not be ordering the execution or extreme punishment of an innocent. Seriously dude? Chill. Now if you wanna keep some essential body parts, I suggest you get the hell out. Before Alby starts to pound your shuck face, and I help him." Minho was dead serious and looked quite intimidating. Gally's jaw tightened he spun around and left, banging the door behind him. "He's fun to have 'round" Minho muttered, he got up with a little difficulty and held on to the chair. "Go and rest, Minho." Alby said, "I mean it"  Artemis stepped forward, "I'll help you" Minho shook his head.

"No. I insist" her tone was firm and commanding. Minho looked up at her, mildly shocked. "By all means" he said, raising a brow. Artemis walked forward and wrapped her arm firmly around his waist, allowing him to lean onto her, supporting his weight. They walked out of the room. Minho nodding to Alby. "How long will I have to sit in?" Minho asked. Artemis shrugged. "It was a just a cut, so a week before you can walk again, maybe three weeks before you can run, that is if you stay off it," Minho chuckled, "I'm not a a very...still person."

"I've noticed" Artemis admitted with a smile.

"You know, you're pretty good at the whole healing thing"

"'Pretty good'?" She asked

"Hey, you did try to kill me."

"I did not! I was helping you." Artemis defended.

"That's what they all say, Missie."

"Who might 'they' be, Minnie?"

"People like you."

"Oh, please"

Minho stopped her in front of a door. They walked in and she helped him to the bed. "Thanks," he said. She walked to the door. "Minho, rest" he chuckled. "It's just rest, Missie, I think I can handle it."

"Yeah, right. That's what they all say."

"Who?"

She walked out and called back "People like you."

Alby was waiting for her at Newt's room. "Miss me?" She asked. He raised a brow at her and, to her surprise, he answered her. "No, but it seems Newt has. He's saying, no calling your name in his...unconscious state."

I hope you guys liked it. Comments and votes? Why, yes, that would be lovely.