Chapter 14

You have my permission to yell at me. I'm really sorry. Don't hate me. I hope you enjoy this. We've finally got a weapon.

After lunch Artemis headed to the Homestead. She entered the Med-room and fell into a chair. Sighing loudly. Jeff walked in. "Hey," he sat next to her. "Hi," she slouched lower in her chair.

"Someone isn't too happy," Jeff said as he bit into his sandwich. Artemis blinked at him blankly and said nothing. She clearly was in no mood for a chit chat. "Hello?" He said again. The silence stretched on between them and she continued to stare."Aren't you going to have a bite of your food?" She looked down at her tray and back at Jeff and sighed. Jeff began to fidget. It was becoming way too uncomfortable for words."Oh,here comes Newt." He blew out air in relief."Thank goodness," he mumbled. Artemis perked up almost immediately, "Newt?" She looked towards the door just as Newt began to lean against the door frame. "You guys look relieved to see me." Jeff rushed towards the door. "Oh trust me I am. I don't get how you can spend whole days with her. What do you talk about? Different ways to sharpen the blades on her tongue? Or discuss brash chicks 101?" The boy looked truly horrified and baffled. "What-" Newt began, "Nothing, just-nothing" and with that Jeff was gone. Newt looked from the space in which Jeff had just been standing to Artemis. "What just happened?"

"Oh,who knows, Jeff has always been a strange little boy." She shook her head solemnly. Newt walked over to her took her hands and raised them so she could stand. He wrapped his arms around her waist. Artemis pushed lightly at his chest. "You do know that the chances of someone walking in here are...pretty high?"

Newt smiled, that breathtaking smile, "I reckon you enjoy the excitement. I believe this is what you'd call a forbidden relationship. That's the best kind, don't you think, love?"

Artemis smirked. "Newt, honey, you don't have much of a memory to go by. This only seems like the best kind because right now its the only kind." Newt scoffed, "I doubt there could be anything better, I mean you are in a relationship with me. What more cold you ever want?"

"Wow, we're pretty confident, aren't we...love." She mimicked his accent. His grin widened, "Shuck, Missie...your accents almost as good as mine." He leaned down to press his lips to hers, just as a siren sounded. Missie sighed. Figures.

They detached themselves and walked outside towards the box. Newt looked baffled. "Newt, aren't we only supposed to get a new Greenie each month? And not, like, every week?" He nodded and walked ahead to join Alby as he lifted the doors. Newt leaned in to get a better look into the box, he swore under his breath and looked straight a Missie.

"Well, shuck," Alby said, "looks like we got ourselves a second feminine problem." If Artemis wasn't so shocked she might've pointed out that Alby had just made something very close to a joke. She surged forward to see a pale girl with dark hair and a slender frame. She was unconscious. "Oh my god, Newt, is she-"

"We need to check." Newt jumped down into the box, he called for some ropes. Artemis noted that there was a strange arched thing in the box as well, next to it lay a odd cylindrical object. Bow and quiver. The words just burst into her mind along with an image of someone holding a thin pointed thing to the bow. Arrow. She suddenly felt a strange urge to take it in her hands and try out that same stance. Newt removed a paper from between the girls clenched fingers. He stared at it for a second before passing it to Alby, who read it and in turn handed it to Artemis. Written in thick black letters were five words: She's the last one. Ever.

After the boys had hoisted her up and Clint and Jeff had taken her to the homestead, Newt noticed the bow and arrows. He tore off a tag and gaped at it. "Missie, trouble seems to be pretty darn fond of you. The Creators too." He handed it to her. On it was a word she was really beginning to dread: ARTEMIS.

Well, shuck.
Please comment and vote. Even if I don't deserve it.
I probably don't, since the beginning of this chapter was written by the lovely Lonesome_Fire.
Love,
Nica.