Words Unspoken

By Forever_Yours_Too

Strangers were all they were. And maybe it would've been better if it stayed that way. Kaylee Harrison had no... More

Chapter 1 - Bad Memories
Chapter 3 - Girl Talk
Chapter 4 - Awkward
Chapter 5 - Snow
Chapter 6 - Give Em' a Show
Chapter 7 - Find Me
Chapter 8 - Back Again
Chapter 9 - Old Love
Chapter 10 - Run
Chapter 11 - Lie
Chapter 12 - Snowballs
Chapter 13 - Love Game
Chapter 14 - Memory
Chapter 15 - Dark Secret
Chapter 16 - Shattered Glass
Chapter 17 - A Little Too Not Over You
Chapter 18 - Disappear
Chapter 19 - Numb
Chapter 20 - Pills
Chapter 21 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 22 - Making Amends
Chapter 23 - Photo
Chapter 24 - Payback
Chapter 25 - Out Of Our Minds
Chapter 26 - A Taste Of Your Own Medicine
Chapter 27 - Facade

Chapter 2 - Cigarettes

939 66 68
By Forever_Yours_Too

Will's POV

I reach for the doorknob of Dr. Joseph's office. I wasn't about to let him see my scars.

I swiftly swing the door open, planning on running full speed out the door, but when the door fully swings open and makes a slamming noise, I come face to face with a beautiful girl. She looked about my age with reddish-auburn hair and piercing green eyes.

"Were you standing there the whole time?" I ask her, my voice deadly calm. She nods meekly, looking up at me through her long, brown eyelashes.

I look her over one more time and rush the rest of the way out. I hate being so angry all the time. It's like I'm on some type of drug that I just can't control.

I speed out the front door of the therapy main office and feel my whole body shaking from the trauma.

I ball up my fists and tell myself, "Stay calm, Will. Stay calm," but my fists clench even tighter and then I glance around, looking for something easy to break to get rid of some of my anger.

The closest thing beside me, was the glass door that I just came out of.

"No, Will," I tell myself over and over. But a new surge of anger rushes through me, filling me with adrenaline, and then my fist flies and shatters the window.

When I look down at what I destroyed, I see the girl with auburn hair crouching on the floor, with her hands wrapped around her small body.

I glance around and see all the members who work at that hell-hole gather around her, reassuring her that it was all going to be alright.

I shake my head with anger. They can lie to her all they want.

I walk around, trying to get away from the hell-hole and end up on a gum-covered, gross sidewalk.

Knowing my way around the city really helps sometimes. My anger boiling down some, I shove my way through a group of tourists and open the door to a smoke shop.

"Two packs of Winston's." I demand.

"Your hand's bleeding." he gives me a weird look and turned around to grab the pack of cigarettes that were behind him on the shelves.

"Damn it," I say. My hand was really hurting now, now that I knew that it was bleeding.

I look down a my hand. Blood ran in lines down my hand, from my elbow down.

Using my hand, I run my fingers through the blood.

"Fuck," I say this time.

I wipe my fingers on my jeans, leaving red marks all over them. I take off my black varsity jacket and try to wipe off some of the blood.

"That'd be 9.72." the cashier hands me my cigarettes, and I hear the jingle of the door on my way out after I pay for the cigarettes.

When I step outside, the air outside is chilly and crisp. It seemed like a storm was coming.

I pull my hood up over my head, paying close attention not to mess up my perfectly molded quiff.

I strut down the street for a bit, observing the city.

About twenty minutes later, I realize that I have no idea where I am. I look around and find a nearby bench to sit on and pull out the pack of cigarettes that I just bought.

Lighting one, I inhale the sweet, addicting smoke, and, after a few seconds, breath it out. I lay my head back and listen to the city sounds, slowly zoning out yet again.

By the time the puff of smoke that I just exhaled disappears, I see a girl, barely 5'6", standing right in front of me.

She had red hair and green eyes that caught my attention. Where did I know that face?

I put the cigarette to my lips again and inhale again.

This time, when I finish, I throw the cigarette backwards and it lands somewhere behind the bench, ready to wait for few years to disintegrate.

After a second or two I internally face palmed. Of course! This was the girl that was outside of his office when I had that melt down.

"Hi," I say awkwardly. What do you tell a girl that stands in front of you when you nearly just killed her half an hour ago?

She watches me and then takes a seat down right next to me. Crossing her legs, she stares out at the busy street in front of her.

God, couldn't she at least fucking tell me hello? I think to myself, barely holding down the anger still left in me.

I remain quiet.

After a while, she digs through her small purse and pulls out a pad of paper, in the shape of a heart. I frown at her. This was so not the time to give me her number.

I watch as she takes out a blue pen and scribbles the word, Hey.

"What happened to you? Are you like, losing your voice or something?" I ask her.

She scribbles again: I wish I was.

"Stop speaking in riddles," I reply. God, why couldn't I be nice for one damn minute in my life?

I'm mute: she writes finally, after several quiet minutes of thinking about our own thoughts.

"Yeah, and I'm deaf." I say sarcastically.

I watch as her face contorts into a painful expression.

She gets up. I stay seated.

"God, why can't you just take a joke?" I ask her.

Tears stream down her face.

Her green eyes pierce into my golden-brown ones. I look away.

I watch her again as she flips through the pad of her sticky notes and watch again as she rips one out of her pad.

She hands it to me, and I take it, watching her now teary-green eyes as I look down at the words.

As soon as I take the note, she turns on her heels and leaves, her reddish-auburn hair flying behind her.

I look down at the note and it reads the same words she just told me only seconds ago: I'm mute.

~A/N: Hey there! @Forever_Yours_Too here! This was the amazing @IBelongWithTheBrits's chap. :) Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW, if you haven't already.

The trailer on the sidebar is made by: @carpe-di3m.

~Forever_Yours_Too

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 2.3K 50
Fallon's sole ambition in life is to escape her miserable hometown once and for all. She dreams of driving away in her convertible and leaving her pa...
145K 11.1K 12
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
635K 7.7K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
4M 87K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...