Military Love

alexanoelle tarafından

Alexa is a 23 year old living in Boston, with a definite past. She fell in love in high school to a boy she n... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1- Young Love
Chapter 2- My Forever Goodbye
Chapter 3- Five Years Later
Chapter 5- Unwritten Feelings
Chapter 6- The Letter
Chapter 7- Bacon and Eggs
Chapter 8- Two Months Later
Chapter 9- Living in the Moment
Chapter 10-What Was Possible
Chapter 11-Accidental Incidences
Chapter 12- Scared to the Waking of Reality
Chapter 13- Waking Ignorance
Chapter 14- The Ugly Truth
Chapter 15- The Ruined
Chapter 16- What Not To Love
Chapter 17- First Kisses
Chapter 18- Running Away
Chapter 19- Passion is Just a Word
Chapter 20- Teenage Dream
Chapter 21- Confessions
Chapter 22- Taking A Chance
Chapter 23- One Year Later
Chapter 24- A Gentle Touch
Chapter 25- This Cannot Be Goodbye
Chapter 26- The Beginning and the End
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4- A Piece of Before

21.5K 545 6
alexanoelle tarafından

Chapter 4

A Piece of Before

Lily and I headed into the lounge, escorted by a tall, good-looking young man who had jet black hair, a built body, and ice blue eyes. Lily made it clear that she found him attractive with her giggling at everything he said and the way she tried to seductively look at him. Like many men, he gave in to her flirting attmepts and stayed around a bit longer then a host is supposed to.

"When are you getting off?" She asked as she bit her lip.

"Uhh," He ran his hand through his hair, "In around forty-five-minutes. I'll buy you a drink."

"Kay." She smiled as he walked away, "He was cute..."

"Yeah, Lily please don't cyber stalk him now."

A waiter came over to get our drinks,

"A vodka tonic" Lily answered

"And for you, miss?" the waiter asked as he turned to me.

"Ahh, a strawberry daq please."

When the waiter turned away, Lily turned to me with a surprised expression, "Wow, a strawberry daq? Not one of your Irish beers like Schmiticks. You're lettin' loose tonight!?"

I shrugged, "Eh, just something to try" I answered truthfully

I looked around the lounge, where the lighting was dim and intimate, there was brown leather chairs that screamed "expensive" as the room was crowded with young people from the age of twenty-one to thirty. The bar was made out of a mahogeny wood as it was stacked with every type of alcoholic beverage you could imagine, with stools bordering the bar. People were laughing, flirting, talking, just having a good time.

A few minutes later we got our drinks as Lily and I were talking about how disgustingly slutty a girl's outfit was. Lily was innocently sipping her vodka tonic as two young men our age came over to us, one went straight to Lily, who had dark-chocolate skin, short hair, and a suit on from work, which was unbottoned as the top, ready for having fun at Happy Hour. The other, went over to me, he had brown hair, with a good-looking face. He was tall, and he too had a suit on, with the buttons unbotted at the top and the tie hung loosely.

"Hey, how you doing?" He said as he sat next to me.

"I'm fine, thanks. And yourself?" I asked, sipping my drink, already annoyed at the cocky personality this guy betrayed to possess.

"Great, now that met you." Ugh, what a cheesy pick up line, "Let me buy you a drink."

"No, that's alright, I have one right here." I looked over at Lily and the her guy was whispering something in her ear and she abrupted into laughter which lead to him smiling.

"What's your name?" He asked

"Alexa." I answered simply

"I'm Jake." He answered, "What do you do for work?"

"I work at the art museum. I majored in European art in order to do this. I restore paintings." I shouted due to the volume of the room growing. "What do you do?"

"I'm gonna be a doctor." He said, as he looked in the opposite direction. I gave him a look when he looked back at me.

"You're gonna be a doctor? Or do you just say that to try to get girls?" I asked

He smiled, "You're a smart one," He laughed, "I work at an insurance agency." he confessed

"Ahh, now we got it out of you." I said.

I looked over at him just as he was completely downing a drink. He called another waitress over, "Hey, I'll take a shot."

When he got it, he sucked that one back too.

"Alright, honey, let's go somewhere." As he put his arm around me.

"Um, no thanks. I'll pass," I said as I removed his arm from around me.

"C'mon, we can have some fun" He insisted lazily

He was now slurring his words, and I just wanted to leave me the hell alone. Within seconds, a girl walked over to us and I quickly realized that it was the girl that Lily and I were talking about with the slutty clothes. She had bleached blond hair, huge boobs which were probably fake, and a dress that was so incredibly low that you could see her belly button and it was so short that you could practically see her ass. She looked over at Jake and bent over so she was level with him, but really it was just a free nipple-show for him.

"Hey babe, let's get out of here. I'll save you from this boredom" She whispered.

Bitch! What a fucking bitch!

"Anywhere you want baby." He put his hand at her "waist" when really it was closer to her ass as he headed for the door. And so there I was, alone, again. But that was better then that creep around.

"Hey, he was good-looking." I turned and Lily was sitting there.

"Hell no, he said he was a doctor. He worked for an insurance company. And he went off with chicken-cutlets for boobs chick over there." As I pointed to the two of them walking out the door.

"Eww, he is so gross then. Hope he get's an STD."

"If he doesn't already have one." I sipped my drink, "So what happened to that guy that my creep was with before?"

"Said he was going back to the office. I asked him what the happy part in Happy Hour was if you have to go back to the office..."

I cut her off, "Let me guess, he said the only happy part of this hour was meeting you. Am I right?"

"Oh yeah, he had cheesy written all over him."

"Mhmm. Hey I'm gonna get another drink. You want another one?"

"Sure." She said as she was already scoping out for another guy to flirt with.

I walked to the bar and ordered. I was about to throw down my money when someone stopped me and threw money down on the counter. I looked up and saw a familiar face, one that I haven't seen in a long time. One that I haven't seen since the funeral. Tears stung my eyes as I looked at his green eyes where the memories and loss were the same.

"Jerry." I whispered as he grabbed me and he hugged me tight.

Jerry was Derek's brother.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

26.1K 352 20
Kendall, a bisexual 16-year-old, is living at home with an abusive mother, who's also an alcoholic. To cope with the physical pain received from her...
17.9K 1.7K 39
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...
68.5K 1.1K 35
Alexa Mercer has the perfect life. She’s the head cheerleader, popular, has the perfect boyfriend and she gets everything she wants, but it wasn’t al...
171K 6.9K 71
**READ CAT & HER FIRST LOVE BEFORE READING THIS** Catherine: They say that true love is selfless, that it's always prepared to sacrifice one's own h...