Chapter 8- Two Months Later

Two Months Later..................

Jerry had become my best guy friend and we were practically inseperable. Lily was happy for me, saying I was much bublier and that I had so much more energy than she has ever seen. I felt good too, I was happy, and I always wanted to do something. That night after spending time with Jerry, I called his parents and talked to them about everything. Then I called my mother and talked to her for at least an hour and a half. She said I sounded good, "So, what's his name?"

"What do you mean mom?" I asked

"Whose the new guy?" She asked curiously

"Nobody. Absolutely nobody." I told her and I told her all about how Jerry and I ran into each other and what had happened.

And I will be honest, I did have a few dates here and there. People I met myself, and some guys that Lily introduced me to. But most of them just turned into friendships. I still thought of Derek, but I wasn't moping over him every second of the day. I still had memories that would come into my head, but it wasn't like it was before. Derek and Jerry's parents were happy that I sounded better and the fact that Jerry and I reconnected. They said that it wasn't only me who needed that, but he too. They say that he has never looked so good when they now see him more often and talk to him more.

I was constantly in a good mood, and I was well... happy. I had missed five years of my life, crying myself to sleep, and not going out, not experiencing life. I opened up to people now, and I wanted to do everything.

                                                                           *****

"So, Miss Alexa, what are we doing tonight?" Jerry asked as he layed on his couch in his dark jeans, black shoes, and his button up shirt. I was in a skirt that came right above the knee, and a white blouse.

"We're gonna try that new restaurant! You know that new chinease restaurant?"

"Chinease? Okay, I'm up for that."

That's always how it was with us, trying new places, new restaurants, just having fun. We were constantly together, that's just the way it was.

We walked outside of his apartment building and was going to call a cab but it was such a beautiful day.

"Let's walk instead."

"Alright." He said easily.

I looked up at him, and realized that he looked very good today. Well, Jerry looked good everyday, but he looked really good today. He had shaved so his face was smoothe when I went over this morning, telling him to hurry up and get ready for the day. He had a bone structure that was so perfect and I always noticed the way girls would look at me when they saw me with him, jealousy, envy, or just meanly. Girls would always look at him with seductive stares and some would even wink at him, but he just politely gave them a nod and turned the other way. Jerry caught me looking at him,

"What? Is there something on my face?" He asked, smoothing his chin.

"No, nothing." I turned the other way.

We walked into the restaurant ten minutes later and they gave us a seat right away.

After they took our orders, I looked out the window, overlooking the city. Lately, I've been thinking about when Derek always used to say that Jerry had a crush on me. I never talked about it with Jerry, but now I was wondering if it was true or not.

I turned my direction to him, "Hey Jerry?"

"Hmm?" He looked up from a wine list menu

"I was just wondering, but..."

"Jerry?" I looked up and saw a skinny girl, with long blond hair and too much make up. I looked at Jerry, and he was kind of in a 'shock moment', you know the one where you're like, oh crap do something now.

"Hailey? Hey, how are you?" He stood up and gave her an awkward hug.

Hailey? The chick who cheated on Jerry? Huh, she would be a lot prettier if she didn't wear all that make-up.

"I'm good, I'm good..." She looked around, "I'm here with Stan."

"Stan? My roommate from college Stan?"

"Yeah," She rolled her eyes as she was smiling this huge grin, "We're engaged!"

I looked for Jerry's reaction and the awkwardness left his face and happiness was written there instead, "Wow! Congratulations! When did he propose?"

"Like seriously, ten minutes ago at the most." She said, obviously extremely excited.

"That's great! I'm happy for both of you!" He explained.

"And how rude are we? Who is this?" SHe turned to me and smiled.

I smiled back, "Alexa." I stood and shook her hand.

She looked at Jerry, "Wait, Alexa? Like, the Alexa?!"

I was confused, but Jerry answered with a 'shut up' face to Hailey, "Yes, that is the Alexa."

She turned back to me, "I've heard so many great things about you! From Jerry and his parents," She then went into hushed tone, "I'm so sorry for what happened."

I didn't even know this girl and I already liked her, "Thank you," I said politely.

The guy who must have been Stan, came over to us and wrapped his arm around Hailey. He was a tall guy, with sandy colored hair, a nice face, glasses, and a skinny-ish body. He shook hands with Jerry, and introduced himself to me.

"Nice to meet you." He added to me, "Sorry to run guys, but we gotta go."

"Nice to meet you, and nice to see you again Jerry!" They turned and walked away.

I looked over at Jerry and he gave me a face with wide eyes.

Laughing I said, "So, I'm the Alexa?"

"Don't ask." He said, turning away.

"Oh no, now I gotta know this one."

"Later," Just as he said this the food came, "Right now, I want to eat!"