A Meister's Curse (A Soul Eat...

By May5696

Luna, a meister, and her twin weapons, Drake and Drew travel to Death City at the request of Lord Death himse... More

Luna
Drake and Drew
1-Welcome To Death City
2-Checking Out The City
3-A Familiar Face
4-First Day At The DWMA
5-Luna vs Blackstar
6-Mission With Kid
7-Training And Hanging Out
8-New Power, New Home
9-One Thing After Another
10-The Truth
11-The New Luna
12-Feelings
13-Under The Sea
14-Just Admit It
15-Battle With The Wolf Witch
16-Sleepover
17-Dance
18-A Day Of Shopping
19-Halloween
20-Abandoned City
21-End Of The Owl Witch
22-Fun Day With Embarrassing Moments
23-Just A Bundle Of Joy
25-Arctic Mission Part 2
26-An Old Friend Or A New Foe?
27-What A Pest!
28-Forgiveness
29-Princess?! Part 1
30-Princess?! Part 2
31-Princess?! Part 3
32-A Fitting End

24-Arctic Mission Part 1

483 16 3
By May5696

I laid on my stomach on the snowy cliff, watching the scene before me. My eyes were wide at the amount of monstrosities that were gathered here.

I growled to myself. "With this many monsters, this mission has become a real pain."

I heard Drake's voice from within my gauntlet. "Are you going to be able to handle this, Lulu?"

I shook my head. "No, we're going to need backup."

"Let's head back to camp and contact Lord Death."

I nodded at Drew's statement before crawling away from the cliff and returning to my camp.

Kid's pov

I rushed to the Death Room with Liz and Patty. My father summoned us about an urgent matter. When I arrived, I noticed Maka, Soul, Blackstar, Tsubaki, and Crona had also been called here.

My father stood in front of us. "I'm glad you're all here. I've just received a call from Luna concerning her mission in the arctic."

I blurted out, "Is she okay?"

My father nodded. "She's fine, for now, at least. Apparently, the necromancer I sent her to kill has created so many monsters that she is unable to even get close to where he resides. She needs all of you there immediately to help clear out the infestation of monsters."

Maka nodded. "You can count on us, Lord Death. We'll head there right away."

We all packed up and took a fast plane to the arctic. It was the fastest way to get there, but it would still take us a couple of days.

Crona quietly spoke. "I hope Luna's alright."

Blackstar laughed and smiled proudly. "Don't you worry, Luna's strong, almost as strong as me!"

Tsubaki nodded. "Luna can take care of herself. She's probably just waiting around for us to get there."

I stayed quiet and gave a small nod. Maka patted my shoulder. "I know you worry about her, but you have to believe in her abilities."

Soul grinned. "Yeah, dude. Just chill out. We'll be there soon enough."

I gave a small smile. "You're right. Luna is quite capable of handling things on her own."

After flying for almost two days straight, we dressed in our warmest clothes as we landed in the frozen arctic. Going outside, all I could see was white everywhere I looked.

Our partners took weapon form as we headed out in search of Luna. Surely she can't be far.

Luna's pov

I was very thankful to Lord Death for teaching me so much magic. I summoned my shadow wolf along with a whole pack just like it.

I used ice magic to encase their black bodies in snow and ice, allowing them to blend in. I sent them out to survey while I headed out myself.

I kept all my senses sharp as I caught sight of some of the familiar white, bear-like monsters in the distance. I crouched down in a trench of snow, watching them.

I recognized the bear with the scar over its eye. That's the same one that got away from me day's ago.

"Luna!"

I flinched at the sudden noise and quickly snapped my head around. I was happy to see Kid and the rest of the gang, but now was a bad time.

I put a finger to my lips and gestured them over. "Shhhh, get down."

They all quickly got down in the trench with me, following my gaze to the large creatures. As the monsters began leaving, I gestured for the others to follow as I slowly left the trench and headed back to my camp.

Back at my camp area, the others began setting up tents just like mine and the twins'. Using magic, I made a fire before letting the twins, along with the other weapons, take their normal forms.

Kid suddenly wrapped me in a hug. "I'm glad you're alright."

I smiled as he pulled away. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

We all sat around the fire as Maka asked, "So, what's been going on here?"

I began explaining. "As you probably already know, our target is a necromancer who is currently hiding out in an icey fortress. This seemed like a pretty simple mission, but..."

Drew finished my sentence. "We didn't count on him creating so many monsters. He's practically got an army of them."

I cut in again. "I've been sneaking around, watching and planning to get into that fortress and take down the necromancer holed up inside. Unfortunately, every entrance and weak spot is guarded by dozens of monsters."

Kid asked, "Then how are we supposed to go about this?"

I gave a sly grin. "In my observations, I've found that there are five monsters that lead the other ones, like army generals, I like to call them Alphas. They are the only ones who go in and out of the necromancer's fortress."

Maka had a hopeful look on her face. "I think I know what you're getting at."

I grinned at her. "We take them out, and we just might lure out the necromancer."

Blackstar jumped up. "Well then what are we waiting for?! There's a monster for each of us!"

I put my hand up. "Wait, Blackstar. It's not so simple. These five monsters are bigger and stronger, manipulative of the normal ones, and they have a pattern."

Soul looked at me in confusion. "Pattern?"

I nodded. "The Alphas often patrol the areas, but while one or two are patrolling, the others are inside the fortress. We'll split up into teams, slowly taking them down, one by one."

Liz shrugged. "Sounds like a plan."

I stood up and looked around. My wolves should be finished scouting by now. I brought my fingers to my lips and whistled.

After a moment, I saw the familiar red eyes of my wolves approaching. They all stopped in front of me, but the wolves in two of the four groups were gesturing their heads.

I looked back at the others. "Two of the Alphas are out right now. We need to split up and take them down."

Two of the wolf groups disappeared since their task was complete. The weapons took their weapon forms as everyone got ready to leave.

Maka smiled. "Blackstar, Crona, and I will team up and go after one of them."

I nodded as Kid came over to me. "Looks like we're teamed up again, like usual."

I gave him a playful grin. "Aww, and I was hoping to team up with someone else for a change."

He frowned slightly before I laughed. "I'm only kidding, Kid. Let's go."

He smiled as I told the others, "The wolves will show you the way. Be careful, guys."

They all carefully climbed onto a wolf and took off. I jumped on the back of one and watched as Kid climbed on another.

I stifled a laugh as I watched his discomfort. "Unusual to be on one of my wolves, huh?"

He nodded. "Yeah, it's very different from what I'm used to. I usually just fly on Beelzebub."

"Well, you get to travel my style this time. Just hold on tight."

Our wolves took off running. We held on as they guided us to our destination. They soon stopped at a small cliff that sloped down into a field of snow.

We climbed off the wolves and crouched down in the snow. Not far below us was the large white bear with the scar along with three smaller bears. I scooted closer to Kid and whispered to him.

"There's the Alpha. The one with the scar."

He nodded as I signalled my wolves to cut them off. My camouflaged wolves snuck through the snow toward the monsters.

"Get ready, Kid."

The three wolves jumped out, biting into the backs of the three smaller beasts. Kid and I both jumped down, sliding down the slope. We acted fast to take down the smaller three.

I targeted one, circling and clawing at it while a wolf tore apart its back. The creature roared in pain before falling to the ground, its life slipping away.

The wolf soon joined another, jumping onto another of the bears. Kid managed to shoot down the two smaller bears with the help of the wolves.

We surrounded the Alpha, who roared and looked straight at me. I held up my claws and smirked.

"Nice to see you again, big boy. Time to finish what we started."

I noticed Kid giving me a confused look as he trained his guns on the monster in front of us. My wolves jumped onto the beast, biting into its flesh.

It roared at the pain before grabbing at a wolf and tossing it off. The wolf's body disappeared upon hitting the ground. The bear did the same with the other two wolves, throwing them off and causing them to disappear.

Kid was shooting at it now, but it ignored him and charged straight at me. I jumped into the air, my hands landing on top of its large muzzle as I launched myself onto its back.

I dug my claws into the creature's back, holding on as it shook me around. I managed to climb up to its neck where I scratched away, trying to bring it down.

I was surprised when one of the bear's large paws grabbed my leg. It tossed me right off of it. I flew through the air before landing on my back in the snow.

"Luna!"

I heard Kid's voice as the beast ran toward me. I watched in horror as it neared me, but Kid rushed in, kicking the bear square in the face, knocking it away.

He grabbed my clawed hand, lifting me back up to my feet. "Are you okay?"

I nodded with a small smile. "Yeah, the snow cushioned my fall."

We turned our attention back to the creature. It was running away, just like last time, with a trail of blood from its wounds.

I growled. "Oh no you don't. You're not getting away this time."

Seeing the gauntlet's gems had turned light blue, I created ice around the monster, encasing its feet in thick ice. It roared, unable to move.

The ice began cracking, so I created more around it. I glanced at Kid.

"Kid, finish it off! I'll keep it in place!"

He nodded. "Liz! Patty!"

They answered, "Right!"

They all said in unison, "Let's go, soul resonance!"

I watched as Liz and Patty transformed into large cannons that covered Kid's hands. Three large spikes shot out of each of Kid's arms.

I watched in awe as he aimed at the trapped beast. "Death Cannon!"

The large blast completely disintegrated the monster. I stared as the spikes shrunk back into his arms and the cannons went back to being pistols.

I went over to him with a smile. "Way to go, Kid. That was the first time I've seen your soul resonance."

He grinned. "Yeah, I guess it was. Should we head back to camp?"

"Yeah, hopefully the others are doing as well as us."

He nodded as I summoned a shadow wolf. "I'm sure they'll get it done, especially with Blackstar there. There's no way he'd let himself get beat by a monster."

I giggled. "That's true."

I climbed on my wolf and had Kid climb on behind me. We rode back to camp, the others soon getting back as well.

Blackstar took a seat, letting out a tired sigh. Kid looked over at him. "Well, how'd it go?"

He grinned triumphantly upon being asked. "We took down that penguin monster no problem! NO WAY IT COULD BEAT A BIG STAR LIKE ME, HAHAHA!"

Tsubaki then told us, "We're just tired from the long walk back."

The others nodded in agreement while I smiled. "Oh, right. You guys couldn't summon more wolves like me."

Soul grabbed a pack of food. "It's getting late. Let's eat before we head to bed."

We all quietly ate around a warm fire before figuring out sleeping arrangements. There were only five tents, so we had to make some adjustments.

The twins shared their tent, Liz and Patty shared theirs. Blackstar and Tsubaki had their own tent, and Maka and Soul allowed Crona to squeeze in with them. Kid was going to share with Liz and Patty, but apparently they didn't leave much room for him.

I let Kid stay in my tent with me. It was quiet as the others went straight to sleep. We had a small lantern lighting up our tent as we talked a bit.

Kid suddenly asked me, "So you fought that Alpha before, right?"

I nervously nodded. "Yeah, that's why it had that scar over its eye. A few days ago, I got a chance to fight it. Unfortunately, it escaped my grasp, but that's the reason it singled me out during our battle. It remembered me."

Kid nodded. "I understand. I'm just glad I was there to help you. Who knows what would've happened to you if I wasn't there."

I smiled and hugged him, laying my head against his chest. "I know. Thank you, Kid. You're always looking out for me."

I felt his arms wrap around me as his lips kissed the top of my head. "Because I love you, Luna. I will always do everything I can to protect you."

A smile tugged at my lips as I snuggled closer to him. "You're so warm."

He chuckled at me. "Get some sleep. We'll take down the other Alphas soon."

I closed my eyes, feeling his warmth envelop me as I drifted off, knowing I was safe in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 244 16
This is the sequel to "Kid's Beach House (Kid x Soul)" . Several years ago, just before Kid, Black Star, Maka, Crona, and the weapons were supposed...
10.4K 737 55
Mari was five when her mom died, after, her dad becoming an alcoholic and locking her in their house after they found out she was a weapon and was 'd...
231K 5.5K 25
Your name is, (Y/n) Thompson. You are the cousin of the two sisters Liz and Patty Thompson. Not too long ago you discovered you could turn into a wea...
607 20 8
Maka's sister, Asumi is back in Death City or is she really Maka's Sister? Will Asumi be able to overcome the Madness or just embrace it? Read to fin...