The Rich and Scandalous

Af Fantasy_girl21

Since Leigh Mercer was a child, she had always known about Choice Ball- a ball held in the honor of the young... Mere

TRS Copy Rights
(1)Choice Ball
(2)Bad Luck
(3)Devil's Dinner
(4)Making Deals
(5)Green Bug
(6)Brilliant Plan
(7)Dangerous News
(8)Seeing Red
(9)Seven Minutes
(10)Sister Dearest
**IMPORTANT**
(11)Hungry Eyes
SHIP!! <3
(12)The Cave
(13)Saddle up
(14)New Starts
(15)The Serenade
(16)Candid Camera
(17)Elevator Time
(18) Playing Court
(19)Vexed Souls
Wattys
(20)Cold Hearted
(21)Cruel Intentions
(22)Birthday Suit
(23)Vegas Drama
(24)How Scandalous [Part 1]
(25)How Scandalous [Part 2]
(26)Lights Out
(27)Blissful Chaos

(28)Final Report

16.1K 370 96
Af Fantasy_girl21

Okay guys so this is like a bonus chapter. You DON'T have to read it, but for those of you who likes a good twist then read on! It's pretty short so...

Comment

Vote

Enjoy

xoxoxo

Final Report

Leigh sat at her favorite table at the old bistro coffee shop she used to go to. It had been a while since she visited her old hangout spot, and with her new role as a wife, she barely had anytime to herself. "You've been gone all morning," Jason whined through the receiver of her phone. "I miss you."

Leigh pursed her lips, smiling at the tone of his voice. Most people thought that Jason was a hard ass, but Leigh was quickly seeing that he was a huge softie-one who always wanted her in his presence. With everything that had went down with Tony, he was acting extremely cautious of Leigh's whereabouts.

She didn't even know how she managed to break away from him this morning. "I know love, I miss you too," she whispered into the phone, looking around to see if anyone was overhearing her conversation. "Just let me finish this chapter and I'll be right home."

She had started writing novels again, and she forgot how free being able to control her own characters made her feel. "Okay," he replied quickly. "I love you."

"Love you more, bye." She ended the call before they could go into a twenty minute long session of 'no I love you more'. She did miss him, but she was here on business and she couldn't have him distracting her.

"Hello there, Leigh." Leigh glanced up, staring into the face of the red headed woman she knew all too well.

"You're late," Leigh barked, closing her laptop and taking a sip of her frappe. Olivia rolled her eyes, sitting down in the chair across from Leigh.

"I had a few things I couldn't get away from-"

"So did I," Leigh snapped, straightening her back in the chair, "Yet, I still made it here on time."

"Still a bitch, I see," Olivia smirked at her.

"Do you have the flash drive or not?" Leigh asked, getting straight to the point.

"Do you have the money?"

Leigh sighed, looking around discreetly before bending over and sliding the black duffle bag she had brought towards Olivia. Olivia peered into the bag, her eyes going wide with the amount of money she saw.

"Well done," she said, smiling at Leigh. "Honestly, I almost thought you wouldn't deliver."

"You're not going anywhere with that until I get the flash drive," Leigh pulled her sweater to the side, making sure the Olivia got a glance at the small gun she had in her right hand and aimed at her. With her free hand, Leigh held her palm out expectantly, waiting for Olivia to give her what she had worked hard for.

Olivia looked from the gun to Leigh, not an ounce of fear on her face. "You've certainly changed since the first time we met."

Leigh thought back to that time over eight months ago. She had been in the very spot she was in now, crying because one of her favorite journalists had told her she didn't have what it takes to be one. Let him tell it, she was too gullible and innocent-that she wasn't able to go to the extremes to get a good story.

She had thought her dreams were crushed until Olivia walked in. It was almost as if Olivia had been studying her, and when she propositioned Leigh to go undercover and make Jason McFarroll fall in love with her, she thought Olivia was nuts. Olivia wanted to steal money from the McFarroll's and make a life for herself somewhere out of the country, but all her attempts had failed. She had heard Jason would receive a lot of money from his god father if he married soon, and she wanted Leigh to go in and steal his heart.

Leigh didn't know how someone could even think about stealing from a family and lying. That is, until Olivia informed her of a flash drive Janice kept that held all of their secrets on it. Leigh couldn't help but to agree; the McFarroll's were dark people and she knew that exposing one of their secrets was enough to jump start her career. Who knew what would happen if she exposed them all.

"I've picked a few things up," Leigh agreed, giving Olivia a hard look. "Now, give me the drive." Olivia made a face before digging into her pockets and handing the flash drive over. Leigh looked at the small, black compact as if it was a cure for cancer.

"There are some scary things on there," Olivia admitted, "Are you sure you want to go there?"

"I didn't spend this past year looking over my shoulder and almost getting killed to turn back now," Leigh said in a hard tone. "I'm a journalist, and it's my job to report the truth."

"I just can't believe it worked," Olivia admitted. "I've been sleeping with Janice for over a year in hopes to get money from her."

"Well, that can only mean you're not a good lesbian," Leigh retorted, giving her a smirk.

"How did you get the money anyway?" Olivia asked. "I thought Janice blew through it." Leigh shrugged, rolling her eyes at how long the conversation was going on.

"Jason felt bad for promising me almost half of his money so he cut me a big check," she explained.

"And you're giving it all to me?"

"I was never in it for the money anyway. I only want the story."

"Well, thanks, although you should have locked Janice up when you had the chance." Leigh shook her head, inching closer.

"I need Janice to be free when my plan unfolds," Leigh chuckled sinisterly. "I want her to watch helplessly as every wrong doing she's ever done come to the light. I don't want to just send her to jail for attempted murder, and then have someone bail her out immediately, I want her to rot there with no one to turn to."

"Cruel-"

"It's what she deserves."

"And, what's going to happen to you and Jason once he finds out that you used him to destroy his family?" Leigh paused, looking down at her ring before sighing.

"Jason and I love each other," she began. "I may have lied about a lot of things, but I've never lied about myself or how I felt about him. Once he accepts that his parents are bad people who should pay for all of their wrong doings, he's going to be okay with it."

"And, if he's not?"

"He has to be," Leigh barked. "We're married after all, and I'm not getting a divorce anytime soon."

"Just be careful, Leigh," Olivia finally said. "There's enough secrets on there to destroy every family in Stonebrook-including yours."

Leigh swallowed hard, her heart pounding at Olivia's words. She had already found out enough things about her family that she didn't like. What else could they possibly be hiding? "I can handle myself," Leigh replied, tucking the gun back into the waistband of her pants. "Where will you go?"

"Somewhere..." Olivia hesitated as if she wasn't exactly sure if she should tell Leigh a thing. "...where the weather stays warm."

"Well, wherever you go, be sure to stay updated with our newspapers because you're going to want to read the article of what I end up writing on the McFarroll's."

"I will," Olivia replied, standing up from the table and grabbing the duffle bag. "It was nice working with you Leigh-you're going to be one hell of a journalist."

"I know," Leigh replied, looking up at her with a knowing smirk. "Now, I just have to do some real sleuthing, but I'm already accepted by Jason's father so it shouldn't be that hard." Olivia laughed.

"And if this doesn't work out, you'll always make one hell of an actress." With those words she sashayed away, her hells pounding against the café's floor before she disappeared altogether. Leigh let out a sigh of relief, pulling the flash drive back out. It had taken her almost a year of undercover work just to get this little item, but she was going to put it to good use.

With a curve of her lips, she put the flash drive away and gathered her things. She had a husband to return to, and she didn't want to keep him waiting. She was going to have to figure out a way to not be by his side twenty-four seven, because she had plans, and she couldn't expedite them under his watchful eye.

But, one thing was for sure, the citizens of Stonebrook had better hold on to something sturdy, because Leigh was about to rock their worlds.

�:

Okay guys, for those of you who chose to read this, YOUR at the end! Wow, can't believe TRAS is over but I enjoyed writing this so much and sharing it with you all. And who knows, this might not be the last time you see these characters! Thank you all for your support and I hope to see you again.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...