Hot 'N' Dangerous

By XxElviraxX

Elvira May is a foreigner in the town of Konoha. Orphaned and completely alone, she seeks out the village fro... More

Chapter 1: Contemplation
Chapter 2: Apart of the Family
Chapter 3: First Duty
Chapter 4: Team Tension
Chapter 5: Mr. Dead Last
Chapter 6: The Real Test
Chapter 7: Pursued
Chapter 8: Elize Chiffon
Chapter 9: First Combat
Chapter 10: Copy Ninja Kakashi
Chapter 11: I Won't Let My Comrades Die
Chapter 12: The Hunter-Nin
Chapter 13: A Different Way To Climb Trees
Chapter 14: Inari's Story
Chapter 15: Victorious
Chapter 16: Advanced Bloodlines
Chapter 17: Dreams of the Future and the Past
Chapter 18: I Never Forgot
Chapter 19: Closing the Distance
Chapter 20: The Sand Shinobi
Chapter 21: Youth and Mistakes
Chapter 22: The Paper Test
Chapter 23: The Ultimate Survival
Chapter 24: The First Imposters
Chapter 25: The Real Sasuke Awakens
Chapter 26: The Cursed Trio
Chapter 27: Sakura Blooms
Chapter 28: The Power of the Curse Mark
Chapter 29: A Close Call
Chapter 30: The Welcoming Party
Chapter 31: The Genjutsu Users
Chapter 32: The Third and Final Test
Chapter 33: The First Kill
Chapter 34: Pieces and Pawns
Chapter 35: The Spy and an Old Habit
Chapter 36: Reopening an Old Wound
Chapter 37: A Sword of Chakra
Chapter 38: Gaara's Messed Up Childhood
Chapter 39: The Hyuuga's Destiny of Hatred
Chapter 40: Fire Versus Lightning
Chapter 41: The First Drop of Blood
Chapter 42: Chasing Down a Monster
Chapter 43: Hatred is Reality, Vengeance is Sanctuary
Chapter 44: Teammates and Friends
Chapter 45: Battle of the Tailed Beasts
Chapter 46: Not Enough
Chapter 47: World of Blue
Chapter 48: The Hunt for Tsunade
Chapter 50: Under Kakashi's Mask
Chapter 51: The Land of No Spring (Part 1)
Chapter 52: The Land of No Spring (Part 2)
Chapter 53: The Beast Era (Part 1)
Chapter 54: The Beast Era (Part 2)
Chapter 55: The Beast Era (Part 3)
Chapter 56: A Few Pairs of Cat Ears
Chapter 57: The Hero Water Battle
Chapter 58: The Taboo Name
Chapter 59: A Birth Date
Chapter 60: An Important Thing Called Trust
Chapter 61: The Perfect Fake Identity
Chapter 62: How It All Started
Chapter 63: One Crucial Promise
Chapter 64: One Person Is Good Enough
Chapter 65: Idate's History
Chapter 66: The Invincible Conductor of Lightning
Chapter 67: Tension Crackles
Chapter 68: Important People and More Sound Nin
Chapter 69: I Really, Really Like You
Chapter 70: Unstoppable
Chapter 71: Belief
Chapter 72: Flight of the Butterfly
Chapter 73: A Thread of Hope and Some Interference
Chapter 74: Partners To the End
Chapter 75: The Shogi Player
Chapter 76: Sand and Sake
Chapter 77: The Fox, the Raven and the Fighters of the Way
Chapter 78: A Dying Celebration
Chapter 79: With My Last Breath
Chapter 80: Back To Work

Chapter 49: Healed

5.5K 99 10
By XxElviraxX

"Vira... Vira!" a female voice shook me out of my sleep.

"Hm?" I rubbed my eyes as I opened them to see Liz, looking down at me sternly.

"This is the fourth day in a row that you've slept in the hospital, you look like a zombie, you should get some proper sleep," she wagged her finger in my face.

"I'm fine," I mumbled and straightened up from my slouched over position.

"Uh huh, right," Liz dropped into the empty stool next to me, "Just imagine if he knew what you do for him," Liz snickered evilly.

"No, Liz, he's a teammate, it's natural for me to be concerned. I would do the same if it was you on this bed, not Sasuke," I covered up quickly.

"Yeah, I'd make sure you were there and not running off with Sasuke," she scoffed.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Sasuke who was still unconscious on the bed, "I wonder how Naruto is doing," I said out loud.

"I do too," Liz sighed and propped her arms up on Sasuke's hospital bed.

I brushed a strand of hair away from Sasuke's face and leaned forward on the bed.

Did Naruto find Tsunade yet? Were they heading home this very instant?, I drummed my fingers on the hard mattress.

The sound of a door sliding open suddenly made me bolt up.

"Elize? Elvira?" it was Sakura's unmistakable whisper.

"Here," I replied in a monotone.

"Oh, hi," she pushed the curtain aside and walked over to the edge of Sasuke's bed, "How's he doing?" she asked.

"No changes," I informed.

Sakura looked down at Sasuke's face wistfully, her eyes wandered to his curse mark which was visible over the edge of his shirt. I stood up and motioned for Sakura to sit down. Liz pouted as she watched me walk over to the window and look out of it. I knew that this Tsunade could heal Sasuke for sure. I scanned the rooftops towards the gate, hoping to see three figures walk through the gates. No one was entering or leaving Konoha.

I sighed, When can Sasuke be healed?

"Vira! Naruto is back! With Tsunade too!" Liz burst through the door.

I leaped to my feet and staggered slightly as my feet weren't used to holding my weight yet, "R-really?! She's here? Are you sure?!" I asked.

Liz laughed, "Yes, I was hanging out with Shikamaru and we saw Naruto, Jiraiya and Tsunade! She's the fifth Hokage now!" Liz reported.

I dropped back into my seat just as Sakura entered, "Hi, I came to visit again," she waved.

"Has she been visiting everyday?" Liz asked out of the corner of her mouth.

"Yes," I replied simply.

"Well, she's not as faithful as you, you practically live here now," Liz said haughtily, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Liz!" I hissed indignantly.

"What? It's the truth," she retorted stubbornly.

Sakura hadn't heard obviously as she did not react to it. She sat down across from me and just stared at Sasuke. Something similar to what I did every day... if Liz knew that, I'd be done for. The curtains suddenly slid open and I looked up to see a very beautiful-looking lady. She had long blond hair that was tied in two loose ponytails. A purple diamond mark rested on her forehead just above two, bright brown eyes. She sported a green and rather revealing robe. Her cleavage was prominently displayed behind it. Another, seemingly just a few years younger, girl stood behind her. She had chin-length black hair and dark eyes. She bore a long, dark blue kimono with white rims. Jiraiya brought up the end of the line.

"May I come in?" the blonde lady I guessed to be Tsunade asked politely.

Liz and I stood up respectfully, "Of course."

Sakura wasn't expecting this however, "Who are you?" she asked as she beheld Tsunade.

"Hey guys! Sasuke will be alright now!" Naruto burst out from behind Tsunade, "She's a great doctor!" he exclaimed happily.

"You must be the Fifth," Liz and I dipped our heads politely.

Tsunade regarded me curiously, she seemed to be looking at something on my face intently.

"It's the rings under your eyes, Zombie-Vira," Liz chuckled quietly.

I tensed and rubbed my eyes quickly, hoping that I could remove it quickly. Tsunade giggled.

"Thank you, Tsunade-sama, for coming to Konoha," I bowed lower so that she couldn't see the evidence of my all-nighters I had spent in the hospital.

Sakura was talking with Naruto but suddenly she turned to Tsunade, "I-I heard from Gai-Sensei. Please... please help Sasuke-kun!" Sakura also bowed to her.

She smiled at the three of us standing together, "I guess this one is quite popular," she laughed.

Liz backed away a few steps, "No, I'm just their friends... or teammates. Nothing going on," she said, shaking her head vigorously.

I backed away too, "Teammate," I kept my face down so that she couldn't see the red creeping into my cheeks.

"Alright! Leave it to me!" Tsunade gave us a promising smile.

She put a hand on Sasuke's forehead and an orb of green surrounded it. Sakura's eyes teared up as she watched Tsunade complete what seemed like a simple task to her.

Tsunade turned to us, looking into our eager eyes, "He'll wake up soon," she assured.

I felt several muscles in my body relax as I let her words sink in, "Thank you," I murmured, "For saving my teammate," I added quickly as Tsunade scrutinized my face.

She released the jutsu and as she walked by me she put a hand on my shoulder, "Don't be afraid to show it, while the both of you are still alive," she whispered and swept by to stop next to the other girl.

I looked up at her, faking confusion but all she did was wink at me. I shook my head and leaned against the wall as we waited for Sasuke to come to. The time crept past slowly, the clock seemed to be ticking backwards. I nearly nodded off but Liz stood beside me, making sure I didn't do a face plant when I fell.

Tsunade walked over to me, "How much sleep have you been getting in the past week?" she asked me, a frown running across her pale face.

"Enough," I answered stiffly.

"Pft," Liz rolled her eyes and looked away.

Tsunade smiled kindly, "Why don't you go get some sleep, I'll wake you when he regains consciousness," she suggested.

I shook my head, "I'm fine," I replied firmly, "T-thank you for your concern, Tsunade-sama," I looked down at my feet respectfully.

I heard a light rustle of fabric and turned to see that Sasuke had pushed himself up into a sitting position.

"Sasuke-kun!" Sakura wailed and threw her arms around him.

I resisted the urge to do the same and stayed my place. Liz nudged me, a little harder than needed but I didn't budge. I heard the unmistakable sniffling of Sakura, who was most likely crying.

"Sasuke... you..." Naruto's voice cracked and he didn't finish his sentence.

He walked over to the edge of the bed to deliver his own words.

"Go!" Liz hissed and pushed me forward.

"Liz!" I pushed against her.

"Well, I'll go take a look at your Sensei now, glad that you are better, Sasuke," Tsunade swept out of the room to leave the five of us and Jiraiya.

Her assisstant, it seemed like, followed her out the door.

"You're finally awake, it's good to have you back," I said to Sasuke who was still wrapped in Sakura's arms.

He smiled weakly at Liz and I. Someone suddenly came in. It was a Jounin, I didn't recognize him.

"Elize Chiffon and Elvira May? Am I correct?" he asked us.

We nodded in unison.

He heaved a sigh, "Okay, please step out for a minute," he beckoned to us.

I looked at Liz and we obeyed. We stepped out and slid the door closed.

"Yes?" Liz asked.

The man beamed widely and grabbed our hands, shaking them, "Congratulations, the elders have decided that you two and Shikamaru Nara have been promoted to the status of Chuunin!"

I grimaced, "Just the three of us?" I queried.

"Yup! Good work!" he shook our hands once again and speed-walked away.

Liz waited until he turned a corner before jumping up and whooping cheerfully, "Shikamaru too!" she grabbed my hands and bounced up and down ecstatically.

"Yeah... just the three of us," I said distractedly.

Liz's smile faded, "Is something wrong?"

"No, not really," I opened the door and entered again.

"What was all that about?" Naruto asked us.

Sasuke looked curious too, "N-nothing," I lied.

I knew Sasuke's personality, if he heard that Shikamaru, Liz and I were the only ones to be promoted, he would be outraged.

A nurse walked in, "I have received instructions from Tsunade and you should be able to leave the hospital the day after tomorrow," she informed, "Congratulations on getting better!" and she left the room.

"Yeah! You'll be outta here and doing missions again soon Sasuke!" Naruto exclaimed, jumping into the air.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 1.4K 36
Five girls who go to Konoha High School end up being friends with the new boys. But eventually, their friendship will become more than what they can...
30.9K 1.6K 40
[[[This story has been rewritten and published as "Toxicant". This is unedited and quite a mess really. Though you are welcome to read it, I personal...
12.7K 503 45
A NaruHina fanfic. Canon setting. Hinata Hyuuga. The gentle, shy and kind first-born of the main Hyuuga household. She had always been perceived as w...
98.7K 4.2K 39
•I'm definitely rewriting this story, the plot was there but I just couldn't write it properly I guess. Sakura Haruno wishes she was invisible someti...