Cursed

By ArtemisAlcazar

A blind girl and the asshole down the road go on a road trip because a crazy witch told them to. [Extended s... More

Extended Summary
Authors Note
0
1
2 (Part 1)
2 (Part 2)
3
4
5 (Part 1)
5 (Part 2)
6 (Part 1)
7
8
9 (Part One)
9 (Part Two)
10
11
Authors Note
12 (part 1)
12 (part 2)
13
New Years Wishes from Lily and Sal
14
15
16
Cover Drama
17
18
19
UPDATE INFO
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
URGENT UPDATE NOTICE
27
28
29
30
31
32
I'm not dead (But I am sorry)
33
RE: CURSED UPDATE
34

6 (Part 2)

1.5K 84 9
By ArtemisAlcazar

This is super unedited, I'd like to apologise in advanced for any spelling errors or anything of the like.

Video on the side, or at the top if you're on mobile, is a shortened version of the Rite of Spring. The image isn't really exactly what I had in mind for the Charity Ball but it's the closest I could get. Just imagine it without the wedding cake haha. 

The dedication for this chapter goes to @_Mad_Man_With_A_Box  a silent reader but I don't miss and really appreciate the encouraging votes they give on every chapter. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The building they pulled up at was practically radiating life. Even standing there in the parking lot, with the prickly gravel beneath her feet and wind tossing the curls Alina had hastily done in the car, she could hear the noise coming from it. She heard Alina and Derick exit the car, talking to each other in hushed voices before stopping next to her.

"Uh normally, this would be the part where the blindfold is taken off," Alina muttered apologetically. "I'm so sorry about that, Lily, it's just sometimes I forget because you're just so wow. I really don't know how you do it. Please don't be mad at me. I don't want to ruin your birthday..." Alina's rambling trailed off before an anticipating silence followed.

Lily bit her lip, thinking over her friends words before smiling "honestly, Lina, I don't mind. I actually find it kind of flattering that you forget and treat me like a normal person."

She felt Alina grab her hand and give it a reassuring squeeze as the two started walking, linked hands swinging in the breeze. "You are normal, Lily, you're just like the rest of us except have super bat hearing, that's all." Alina joked, causing Lily to smile.

The rest of the short walk, to what Lily assumed was some sort of hall, was filled with just the sound of three pairs of footsteps and Alina's soft humming. Slowly, the music got louder until she could basically feel the rhythmic thud of a bass drum underneath her feet. There were a range of string, reed and brass instruments layered over the top, causing her to smile. She loved classical music; there was just something about it that made it so interesting to listen to. Some people labelled it as boring way too fast, there was so much you could do with it.

"Did you guys actually arrange a ball for my birthday? Because it sounds like opening the doors will lead to hundreds of people waltzing." Lily questioned trying to sound teasing but her voice slightly gave away the excitement she felt. She had always wanted to attend a ball. "How many people are in there anyway? Because you know how I feel about big celebrations."

"We managed to keep it at around 100," Derrick replied as they stood in front of the building.

"I don't even know that many people, how on Earth did you convince them to come?" Lily spluttered out in shock, she wasn't really sure about how she felt towards such an event. She probably did know that many people due to her father's numerous business parties but that wasn't the point. She hated big parties where all the focus was on her, she'd rather small gatherings.

"You don't need to worry; they all just think this is just a charity ball you're organising." Alina jumped in squeezing Lily's hand once more. "You know how rich people are. They were more than happy to coming so they could flaunt all the money they so generously donated to a good cause."

Immediately she relaxed, her excitement returning. She was always saying that one day she would throw a charity ball and she guessed that the day had arrived. Though, she didn't feel right about taking all the credit when her friends had been the ones to organise it.

Before she could say anything Alina kept talking "and I know what you're thinking but this is still your birthday and we thought you still deserved some sort of positive recognition." She then let go of Lily's hand before clapping excitedly, "this is going to be so good." Taking a step forwards, presumably to open the doors, before the clearing of a throat stopped her.

There was the sound of the slight rustling of a plastic bag before Derrick spoke. "Before we go in, you might want to put these on."

Something cold and metallic was placed in her hands, it was made up on numerous coils and twists and had two big gaps spaced out somewhere near the centre. "Is this...?" Lily trailed off, her excitement growing even further.

"You betcha." She could hear the grin in Derrick's voice and found herself grinning back before putting the mask on.

"Is it covering the... you know." She questioned hesitantly, motioning to where the strangely shaped scars around her eyes were located.

"It's like they never existed." Alina replied before pushing the door open and pulling Lily in to what felt like another world.

It was quite obvious that whoever had decorated had put as much time as possible making sure that the decorations appealed to things other than sight. She could hear the garlands hanging above her head as they rustled slightly from the air conditioning, making the bells on them tinkle slightly. The sound was almost completely swallowed up by the loud orchestra but it was still audible. There was a heavy scent of flowers which she knew were most likely the centre pieces of the tables. As soon as she placed the smell a quiet, airy laugh escaped her lips. The flowers were lilies. She could also hear a slight sweeping sound and when she reach her hand towards it she found long sheaths of material that were hanging from the ceiling to the floor.

"We tried to make it so that anything you could see, you would be able to hear as well." Alina explained, "so we sewed some of that straw stuff they put on brooms to the very bottom of the fabric draping's so that you'd know they were there. You can't really see them unless you actually look for them which I think is pretty cool. Oh! And we also put tiny little bells on the decorations hanging from the ceiling." Alina sounded quite proud of what she had accomplished. "What do you think?" She then asked, her proud tone quickly changing to a quite nervous one.

Lily didn't know what to say, she felt her eyes tear up slightly as she took in how much effort her friends had put in to the ball. She could believe that they'd actually done such a thing and couldn't imagine how much time it would have taken. She shook her head, not knowing how she could possibly express her gratitude as she whispered "it's absolutely perfect."

The rest of the event went by quite smoothly and she had surprisingly gotten quite a few dance invitations. At one part the music even did a quick mood change, beginning with a haunting violin introduction that she'd recognise anywhere.

"Alina is this what I think it is?" She asked excitedly as the two sat down, taking a break from all the dancing they had been doing.

"The one and only, though I could only arrange for them to play a shortened version." Alina replied

The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky had started and was quite possibly Lily's favourite classical piece. "How are people going to dance to this?"

Alina just laughed, "they'll find a way." And they did, the rhythmic sound of heels sliding across the marble floor didn't cease. Lily had even found herself dancing to the song with another stranger and the whole time all she could think was that they day couldn't really get any better.

To her credit though, it really didn't.

Instead, it took quite a dramatic turn when she heard someone clear their throat behind her while she was having a conversation with a girl who sounded roughly her age.

"Lily, I need to talk to you."

She felt her eyes widen at the instantly recognisable voice.

Her father was there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooh Papa Abrams is in the house (I changed her last name from Evans to Abrams by the way) get ready for some excitement.

FUN FACT: Stravinsky's Rite of Spring actually started a riot when it was first premiered!

So this marks the beginning of my story spotlight! The first book I'd like to do is Amelie by @Butterflyie in my opinion it's pretty well written and though it only has 2 chapters I expect good things to come from it, here is the blurb:

It's 2045 and with this New Era comes a New World - literally.

Twenty years ago, Theodore Easton gained the throne from his father. Before he could run the country, his father and mother urged him to marry. Many girls were delivered to the palace for him to choose from. Theodore wanted someone with a pretty face. In the end, he married Audeliz Porter - a shy, quiet, peaceful girl who was only fourteen when she married twenty-one year-old Theodore.

Their union was the start of a New World.

The people live in a world restricted of their freedom: there is no religion, education is not meaningful, families are torn apart by the government's drafting, and a lot of people have lost their lives fighting for their freedom. Bar codes limit an individual's life and imprisons them for a life with no change, no moving forward from the despair that hangs over most citizens in the New World. Racial justice and human rights are nonexistent, the people's lives depend on the King's words and choices.

Prince Alexander and Prince Cameron are both at the age to rule over the New World, and they give citizens hope that they can gain their freedom once again. But before either of them can take over the throne, they must compete with each other in everything it takes to be king and find a wife to rule by their side. King Theodore picked out twelve girls not too long after the birth of his sons, and the girls were branded at birth as government property. The parents of those twelve girls were given clear instructions as to how and when they were to be delivered to the castle for the competition of a life time. A competition that would entertain the King, but bring hope to hundreds of citizens.

Amelie Montgomery was one of the chosen girls for the competition. But with her heart set against the government and everything it stands for, she's bound to bring nothing but trouble in the competition.

Go on and check it out! Also, suggest down below a story you'd want me to consider, it can be your own or a friends!

Don't forget to comment, share and vote!

Until next time, stay safe and be kind to yourselves,

Artemis.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 3K 42
A Retelling of the Fairy Tale: Beauty and the Beast.-- Rosalie yearns for new sights and adventure, but she's trapped on the French coast in a simple...
2K 251 30
""NO!" I screamed as I dove in after them. I could barely see through the dense fog as my parents plummeted closer and closer to the blinding white l...
1.1K 120 14
After the tragic car accident that stole her parents' lives eleven years ago, Harlow gives up her steady teaching job to try to make a living full ti...
65.2K 3.2K 23
Sequel to "The Struggles of Dating a Demon." Mabel knew dating a demonic guardian was hard and, in cases like hers, sometimes resulted in a brief lo...