She's Not Normal (Camren)

By CrownedDirection

A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new frie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Part I)
Chapter 22 (Part II)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Hi...I'm back

Chapter 12

43.8K 1.3K 3K
By CrownedDirection

[picture of Brad]

Camila I hate you.

Why does she have to do this to me? Every time.

I sighed angrily as I made my way up the stairs to school. She left me like an idiot last night, again. It's like she purposely wants to hurt me.

"Lauren!" I heard behind me. I stopped my thoughts midway as I turned around to see Normani trying to catch up.

"Oh hey Normani." I greeted, not as happily as I wanted to because of a certain someone.

"Wow I feel like you've been ditching me since that whole musical thing." Normani winked playfully as we walked side to side.

"Of course not, I've just been busy like you and Ally. We really need to talk more after school." I said as I opened the door for her.

"Don't need to tell me twice. I feel like you and Dinah exclude me and Ally on a lot of things." She pouted playfully as we made a stop at my locker.

"You know we don't exclude you. We just hang more because we're in a lot of the same classes. And Ally is off being, you know....Ally." I opened my locker and put my essentials in before closing it. "Besides you and Ally hang a lot without us too." I pointed out.

"No, actually not really. Ally is always super busy, her being a senior and all. She's always stressing about these tests and ACT's, etc. I'm honestly not ready for all of that." Normani grimaced thinking about it. A laugh escape my lips.

"I know I feel you."

"So are you excited?" Normani wiggled her eyebrows at me as a small smirk placed on her lips.

I frowned my eyes as I thought about why would I be excited about. Was today my birthday? No, it's not until a couple of months...

Normani sighed as she saw that I wasn't close to figuring out to what she meant.

"You know...you and that cute boy are getting together for practice today." She sang as she laughed when I groaned.

"Why did you have to remind me." I sighed in distraught.

"Aww come on, he's not that bad." Normani assured.

"It's not necessarily him, it's the whole singing thing." I bit my lip worriedly.

"You'll do fine! Stop worrying and just give it your best. Besides Dinah told me how good you sin-"

"Dinah told you about my singing too!" I exclaimed in agitate.

"Wow Lauren calm down," she laughed, "Yea she told me you sing amazingly."

"Dinah really needs to start keeping that information to herself." I sighed.

"Watch, you'll end up loving it." She reassured. I knew I wasn't but I didn't want to go on about that subject. It was giving me anxiety just thinking about it. So I just smiled softly and nodded.

We made a turn to go to our class when I bumped harshly into someone.

"Fuck!" I screamed out in pain. My nose hurt like a bitch as my face collided with something hard.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Lauren!" I heard a familiar deep voice say.

Brad.

Normami watched in shock for a bit before she quickly came to see if I was okay.

"Are you okay Lauren?" I heard him ask in a soft tone.

"Yea I'm fine." I waved off even though my nose was killing me.

"I honestly didn't see you, I'm really sorry. I feel horrible." He frowned worriedly.

"No honestly it's okay, I'm fine." I assured him as I placed a fake smile on my face in sake that he would accept that I'm okay and leave.

"Again I'm really sorry," he apologized once more. "I was actually on my way to let you know about our practice after school today." He shoved his hands in his pockets in a shy manner. "We meet up in the piano room right across the music hall."

"Oh...." I mumbled, biting my lip. Is it too late to back out now? I thought.

"Well I mean if you're still up for it...?" He bit his lip nervously.

I mean he could easily replace me, right? My singing isn't even that good. As I was about to tell him I was out, Normani gave me a hard cold stare that made me swallow my words before they even left my lips.

I cleared my throat and sighed, "Yea I'm still in. I guess I'll meet you there then." I said not so pleased. A big smile appeared on his face showing his dimples. Making him look quite cute, to be honest.

"Awesome! Thanks a lot Lauren. It really means so much to me. Again sorry about your nose. I'll see you after school then." He gave me and Normani one last smile before walking passed us and saying his goodbyes.

"Awe did you see how happy you made him?" Normani awed as she watched Brad disappear.

"Did you see how un-happy you made me by accepted that stupid musical?" I pointed to my face to indicate how unhappy I was, before I started to walk to my class.

"Rude much? It's not even really a musical. It's more of a talent show sort-of. But without the judges. You just perform to have fun."

"Yea still doesn't make it better." I shrugged.

"You're gonna love it, watch." Normani winked before saying goodbye and heading the other way to her classroom.

**

Me, Ally and Normani all sat together for lunch as we chatted and I tried catching up Ally on what was going on. Especially with that music thing. I made sure to glare at Normani when I got to the part on how I was forced to join. Her and Ally just laughed and told me not to worry.

As I was about to protest, a lunch tray smacked down on our table. "Hey hoes! You missed me? Bet you did." Dinah greeted all of us.

"Dinah where the hell were you this morning?" I asked as I took a bite of my fries.

"Sorry I over slept and since I hate my morning classes, I asked my mom to just drop me off during lunch." She explained.

"Damn, I would do that too tbh." Normani nodded as she and Dinah pounded their fist together.

"That's bad, Dinah Jane. Make sure you're getting your education." Ally advised as her mom side came out of her. We all laughed and talked among ourselves.

"So miss Jauregui here has a date with mr Brad later today." Dinah sang as she winked my way.

"Ugh seriously guys. You make it seem like I like him, which I don't." I pointed between Normani and Dinah.

"You will though, he's a really really sweet guy. Practically half the girls at school like him because of how cute and charming he is not to mention sweet." Dinah informed me.

"Damn sounds like you know a lot about him Dinah, maybe you should date him." I teased as everyone in our table laughed. She gave me a face before throwing a fry at me. I giggled as I threw one back. Which caused her to throw more, but ended up hitting Normani as I blocked it. Causing Normani to enter in our little food fight. Leaving Ally to yell at us to stop but she soon let lose and got in the fight too.

**

"Bye Lauren see you tomorrow!" Dinah and Ally waved bye as I did a small wave back. I was going to be stuck in school for who knows how long, to practice for our performance. I sighed as I saw Ally's car leave the school parking lot.

I made my way back to our almost empty school. The only ones left were some teachers, office people and few students who stayed back for sports, clubs, etc.

I made my way to the piano room as I saw Brad preparing the instruments. Walking in, I knocked softly to let him know I was here.

He turned and look of relief was evident. He probably thought I wouldn't come.

"Oh hi Lauren, come in. I was just preparing, you can have a seat if you want." He greeted kindly and went to get his notebook.

I sat on the spinning chair and spun around as I waited for him to be ready. After a few moments he finally sat on the piano seat not far from me.

He cleared his throat as he lay his pencil on the piece of paper.

"Okay so um well first, I wanted to know what kind of song you wanted to perform." He asked shyly.

"Don't you have a song already?" I asked confused.

"No-well I mean I did. But it wasn't that good in all honesty and I want you to be involved in what song we perform." He explained.

"Oh..." I mumbled

"Yea I also want you to be comfortable with it too." He added, adjusting himself on the seat.

"Comfortable?" I asked, titling my head to the side.

"Well yea, I mean I know you honestly didn't even want to do this in the first place. You're just doing it so I won't be singer-less, which I really appreciate." He smiled kindly at me. "And I know you're not comfortable with your singing yet, so the least I can do is write a song with you that you like and apart from that, make you feel more comfortable singing it."

I gaped my mouth open as a warm feeling entered my body. Rather I liked him or not, Dinah was right when she said he was down to earth and sweet.

I smiled at him appreciatively before making my way next to him. "Thank you." I said sincerely. I was just really happy he understood and wanted to take part of that anxiety away.

He smiled back, "No problem, in all honesty I should be thanking you."

I continued smiling at him as I saw his eyes shift to my lips and stare at them. I bit my lip and turned away as I cleared my throat.

"Oh um so we should get started." He mumbled as he blushed. I just let out a small laugh, shaking my head.

"I think a cute/love song would be nice." I gave him my answer to the song I wanted. He nodded agreeing.

"People are suckers for that." He playfully said as we began our writing.

Along the way we messed around and I found myself actually letting lose. Brad was a really fun guy and he knew how to make me laugh easily. Maybe I was too stubborn but Dinah and Normani were right. This was fun.

A lot of fun.

"I'll see you tomorrow Lauren. Drive safely." He waved as he offered a warm smile before getting in his car. I walked to mine and got in and drove home.

Maybe Brad could be a good distraction to Camila....

~~~~~

Ahhh here it is. I decided to update twice this week just because I love you and you all were being so nice. ALSO BECAUSE ONE DIRECTION'S NEW SONG AND ALBUM SO I'VE BEEN IN A GOOD MOOD.

Did anyone aboard the Brauren ship today? 👀

[A/N] Fyi, I'm not a huge Brauren shipper myself. I also don't really like the vamps either that much. I like some music of theirs but it's effy. I don't hate them either, I just think they're rude for what the did to Lauren. But if you ship them that's totally okay! Ship who you want :)

Also don't worry Camren is very much alive and is going to be more alive than ever in a near future chapter coming up so keep floating that boat lol.

Anyways thank you for reading. Please vote and comment, thank you! X

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.3K 53
"He will protect her life. She will protect his heart." You were perfectly happy with your life. So what if you beat up people? So what if you were t...
148K 3.7K 21
I'd kill for her. I wonder if she'd do the same. [g!p] Also at some point this turned into a Camren/you which I didn't plan. I didn't see it coming i...
306K 10.9K 47
Camila Cabello, she is the head cheerleader but she isn't a rude person like every cheerleader in the movies, she's actually a really loving person w...
90K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...