Chapter 21

Today was the day...

The day I will sing in front God knows how many people and including my parents. You can imagine how nervous I was. I awoke with butterflies in my stomach and not the good kind. I was dreading it all week and especially last night. I've practice a lot on my own and with Brad. I wasn't necessarily nervous about not knowing the words, it was mostly having so many people watching you that made my nerves build up. If I fucked up, not only would it be embarrassing but it would ruin all of Brad's and mine hard work. On top of that, it would be horrible to drag Brad down with me.

I breathed out a nervous breath as I got out of my parents car. They wanted to take me out to eat this morning as kinda of a celebration. I protested, not really being in the mood but of course they insisted. So here we were in a restaurant just hours before the show started.

"Hello, my name is Marie and I'll be your server today." A middle aged woman approached our table with a obvious fake smile plastered on her lips. She took out her notepad and got ready to take our orders. "Can I start you guys off with a drink?"

After we ordered I sat there all gloomily like as I played with my fork. My parents talked among themselves since they realized I wasn't in much mood to talk.

It's not that I wasn't happy they were supporting me and taking me out to breakfast. It's just I had missed Camila a lot and today marked her second week gone. Not knowing if she's alright or hurt or anything for that matter makes it harder. I've had no contact whatsoever since she's been gone. Not even from Harry which wasn't really surprising.

"Lauren?" I finally heard my mother's voice. I snapped my head up realizing I had zoned out. She looked at me worriedly. "You alright honey?"

"Um yea was just thinking." I shrugged.

"If it's about the show, don't be nervous. You'll do amazing." She smiled putting a assuring hand on top of mine. I softly smiled and nodded.

"Thanks." I said. Honestly not wanting to talk about the show right now.

"Here's your food." I heard the server say as she set our plates down. I was mentaly thanking her as I saw my mom was about to ask a million questions.

We then chatted along as we ate. I would respond here and there casually. Not wanted to be rude. After all my parents were missing work for this. Which they don't often do. Their lives basically revolve around their work. Although that sounds unhealthy, they do love what they do. Even though it does get lonely a lot.

"Alright, you already to go?" My dad asked looking over at me and my half eaten plate. I nodded and stood.

We then drove home as I was gonna pick my outfit and get ready, etc. Then leave to the school where I would do finishing touches and make sure everything is ready to go.

I felt a buzz in my pocket which came from my phone. Signalizing I had a message.

Delivered -
Brad: You nervous? Cuz I am 😁

Sent -
Me 2 :\

I ran my hand through my hair as I tapped my leg. Trying to get my mind off everything for a while. I soon felt a buzz again causing me to look down at my phone.

Delivered-
Brad: But I'm also excited. I hope u are as well. My family are here too! :)

Sent -
Yea of course and that's cool, can't wait to meet them .

Of course I wasn't really excited. I mean I was happy we were preforming a song I wrote which made it better but my nerves were getting to me. Which was pissing me off since I wasn't someone to let my nerves get the best of me often.