Chapter 20

"Lauren?" I heard pounding on my door. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping that it would stop. After I realized the banging on my door wasn't going to stop anytime soon, I groaned and shoved my face under my pillow. Hoping it would block out the sound. "Lauren come on, get up! And don't lock your door anymore!" My mother ordered from the other side.

I sighed and remembered that my parents hadn't worked yesterday. Don't get me wrong I loved that they were here, because obviously I don't see them, like at all. But they just love excruciating me by waking me up at hectic hours. Not everyone likes waking up at 5 A.M when school starts at 7:30...

While yawning, I grabbed my phone and slipped on my pajama pants. I loved sleeping in just my underwear and sports bra and sometimes a big t-shirt.

I could hear my parents making breakfast downstairs and I wondered how the hell does someone wake up so early on their day off?

Without much energy, I made my way downstairs where my mom sat down a plate of pancakes and eggs. Hmm. Maybe I should start waking up early if I get this in return.

"Thanks mum." I smiled and kissed her cheek quickly before going to sit down.

"Want ketchup on your eggs or are you fine with syrup?" My dad asked since he was already at the fridge.

"Um I'll just stick with syrup but thanks."

After I ate breakfast, I thanked my parents once more before scrambling up the stairs to get ready for school.

**

I entered the school and right away saw Normani and her group of friends chatting along by what I would assume, was one of their lockers. "Hey Normani." I greeted with a small smile as she whipped her head and turned to me. She was confused for a second on who greeted her but as soon as she saw me, she smiled.

"Hey Lauren." She waved happily before turning back to her friends.

I kept walking until I made it to my locker. I opened it right when it accidentally hit someone. Slamming my locker door on their head.

"Oh shit," I cussed. I moved my locker door and faced the person. "Jesus, Ally. I'm so so sorry, I didn't know you were there." I apologized sincerely.

She just chuckled before rubbing her soared head. "No it's okay, it was my fault." She waved off.

"Are you sure?" I asked worriedly. I had hit her pretty hard and I felt terribly bad.

"Yea, haha, all good."

Ally was so small and precious as it was. Even though she waved it off, I still felt really guilty.

"Being short sucks," she joked after I was done at my locker. I smiled and nudged her.

"I think it suits you though."

"Hey Lauren, hi Ally." Brad walked up to us and greeted politely.

"Hey." Both me and Ally greeted back.

"Just wanted to make sure you were coming after school, because if you were busy I was gonna head home then." He asked, moving his floppy brown hair out of his face.