Daddy's Home - (Book 2)

By tawanam

August returns from a long tour to Mikaela and his daughter Abrianna. Mikaela is excited to finally have him... More

Chapter 1
Intro
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
If You're Reading This Thinking It's an Update...
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
Update
Book 3

Chapter 27

21.3K 973 155
By tawanam

August

"Yeen wanna eat outchea wit daddy?" I looked down at Brie and asked ha

She shook ha head wit ha plate of fruit in hand, "I wants to eat with paw paw...and thank you daddy"

And wit dat, she spun and began walkin in his direction.

I looked on in astonishment.

"She sho' do love her grand daddy don't she," ma mama came and looked as she sat wit him on da patio table outside.

"Yea. Got a nigga feelin some typa way," I admitted befo bitin' into a slice of pineapple.

Ma mama chuckled then smirked, "us grandparents just spoil em so they got no reason not to love us"

"Yeah yeah whatever, " I fanned ha off playfully

I was happy dat Brie and Mr Montgomery were so close but a nigga was kinda jealous dat his babygirl wanted ta spend all ha time wit him....

"Imma take ha to toys r us...just da two of us. I think we all could use a lil father-daughter time," I explained to ma mama as I gently pointed my head over at Mikaela.

"Good idea...Imma stick around to ensure that it happens," she winked at me, also gettin in on da plan.

********************
Mikaela

"Babeh," I heard as I looked up from my laptop in my home office.

"I promised Brie I'd get ha a new toy so we bout ta head on over ta Toys R Us and get sum'n" August explained from the doorway.

"Oh, I'm almost done. I could stop by the grocery store and get some pork chops for din-"

"Nah ma, it's coo. Take ya time. Imma pick us up somethin' fa dinner," he cut me off and insisted

"You been workin so hard, Yeen need ta hustle and cook fa a nigga tonight," he said as he walked up and placed a kiss on my forehead

I gave him a soft smile. I loved when he was this considerate, even for the simple things as dinner.

"Okay babe. You two have fun then," I said back to him as he nodded and left out.

I got back into my work, until about 45 minutes or so later. When the intercom rang.

"Hey," I said as I ended my final sentence in my document.

"Mikaela sweetie. Could you come help me with this fancy home entertainment system of yall? I'm tryna connect ma phone to the surround sound," Ms Sheila's voice came across the speakers saying.

"Yeah sure. I'll be down in a second," I told her as I saved my files and closed the laptop.

****************
I strolled to the living room area seeing August's mother struggling with some cords.

"What you gonna do? Demonstrate how Sheila got her groove?" I smirked and said as she spun around to face me.

She smiled as I noticed my dad entering the room from the hallway.

"Your old man over hea' keep arguing with me that lyrics ta a song by Anita Ward is somethin that it's not," she gave him a little neck roll before they both laughed.

"Ms Sheila, I'm telling you she said "We'll look back" and not well lay back like you're thinking...I know, I was enchanted by Anita so much her mother forbid me from listening to the song while around her," he said as he chuckled at the thought.

I giggled cause that sounded like my mom. Always lowkey jealous...kinda like me I thought.

"Who is Anita Ward anyway?" I questioned as I plugged up Ms Sheila's phone.

"Child!" She said not believing I didn't know whoever she was

"You need ta get in touch with some real music- even if Anita was a one hit wonder," she snuck in the shade

"Ooo," my dad winced at the last part as we all chuckled.

"Listen up now!" She announced as a funky beat came on throughout the room.

Ms Sheila began moving her knees to the beat as her hands spread out in the air.

I'm glad you're home
Now did you really miss me
I guess you did by the look in your eye
(Look in your eye, look in your eye)

"Well lay back...ya heard that Felix?
..." She sang along reciting the actual lyrics and proving my dad wrong.

As me and him laughed at her antics and Performance.

Then you and me can rock a bell

"Wooo!" She yelled as she got an extra pep in her step as the beat build, for the upcoming chorus.

You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell

"Come on yall!" She urged us on as we all smiled then began singing the lyrics

You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell
You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell!

By then I was moving my hips and dancing around the couch, as my dad pretended to be hitting the high notes.

************
August

"Daddy whuts that sound?" Brie asked me as I carried ha into da house.

"Ion babeh. Let's go find out?" I looked at ha as she nodded in agreement.

I could hea some old school music blastin through da house, and as we approached da living room a sight fa sore eyes met me.

"Ooh!

Gon girl! "

I heard na' it was Michael Jackson's the way you make me feel startin' up.

Mikaela was on da couch holdin onto da remote like it was a microphone as ha dad did MJ's famous tappin' of his feet to dat beat. Ma mama was impersonatin' da broad from da video who was ignorin' Michael.

"Hey pretty baby with the high heels on
You give me fever
Like I've never ever known"

Mikaela sang as she hopped from the couch and got deeper inta ha Michael Jackson character.

I looked at Brie who was smilin at da sight and signal wit as finger to ma lips dat we should stay quiet.

We peeked on silently hidin behind da wall, as this "music video" played out.

When dey got to da chorus Mr Montgomery began doin' da moonwalk, as Mikaela gave some more Michael moves.

The way you make me feel
You really turns me on

My mama spun around and happened ta make eye contact wit me as I called ha over.

She glanced back at da two who were so deep in da music dey didn't even notice her backin' out da room.

"I think we should leave em to it, " I told her as she smiled on at ha handy work.

"I think so too. Come on Brie Baby," she said as she took Brie from me and we quickly made a run across da doorway....

*************
Mikaela

"Ain't nobody business!
Ain't nobody business but mine and my baby's "

My dad and I sang the outro of the song, until the music faded away.

"You're moonwalk needs some grease," my dad said

I scoffed with a little smile on my face. "I'm sorry Felix Jackson" I joked.

He chuckled softly as the song ended completely.

I now realised Ms Sheila was nowhere to be found, and being alone with my dad in the quiet was beginning to feel a bit awkward.

Another song began, but this one left us with blank stares.

Trisha Yearwood's How do I live Without You began playing

I stood there motionless listening. It was my mother's favorite song but it also held an eerie and sad reminder to it, since the choir sang it at her's and my brother's funeral.

How do I live withou-" I finally walked over and switched off the speakers.

My dad stood with this sad look on his face as I'm sure the memory of that extremely sad day came back to him.
I held Ms Sheila's phone trying to calm my now shallow breathing.

My dad's eyes locked into mine and I couldn't bare the pain written all over his face, as I'm sure was all across mine.

I briskly walked out of the living room and away....

****************
August

I placed endless quick kisses on Brie's left cheek, followed by her right. As she giggled at ma affection

"Stop daddy" she said through giggles.

"Not til you tell me how much you luh me," I said then assaulted her forehead dis time with pecks.

She laughed befo openin' her arms as wide as possible, to show me.

I raised an eyebrow at ha, "only dat much??"

She chuckled again tryin ta open ha arms even wider.

I heard footsteps approachin Brie's playroom whea' we were at, and looked up in time ta see Mikaela walkin in.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked and I could tell somethin' was wrong wit ha by her demeanor.

I stood up from da chair and let Brie play wit ha new toy, as I followed ha out da room.

"What's da matter?" I asked as she placed both hands on da balcony befo turnin ta look at me.

"I guess you put your mom up to the music thing?" She asked calmly

I tucked in ma bottom lip, fightin back a small smile and nodded

"Babe could you not?" She was more pleadin' than anything else

I frowned not understandin' why she was askin this.

"Yall seemed ta be havin fun earlier? What happened?" I looked at ha expression tryna read into it

She let out a little sigh as ha eyes glossed over.
"I know you want me and my dad to be alright but please don't try to force this. If it's gonna happen at some point it will but I just need you not to try so hard to speed up anything between us,"

She seemed on da verge of tears as ha voice cracked at da end.

I was real worried by na' and wonderin what da hell could have gone wrong between da time of dere Michael Jackson concert and now.

"Please promise me?" She begged

"Yeah sure," I nodded and said, still wit furrowed brows.

She nodded as she swallowed hard, then gave me a small forced smile befo walking away.

Ion know what shook ha up so much but I knew I needed ta give ha a lil time so she could explain it ta me.

I placed a hand under ma chin watchin as she walked away, exhalin' loudly as I got into ma thoughts.....

**************
Soooo

Should Aug & Miss Sheila have tried to get Miky and her dad closer?

What about their musical performances? Lol Was it working?

What about Miky asking him to not interfere in bringing her and her dad closer? Is that a fair enough move or not??

The first song they were singing and dancing to in the mm.

Vote avec comment. Merci!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 10.1K 43
Book 1 of August Alsina Imagines. ©bvsedrocky.
1.8K 44 27
(Second Book of the Unique Series) After being apart from her son, Kelvin, for 3 months, Ramona Erickson is back. But, is given the news that Kelvin...
283K 6.7K 37
See what happens when her ex from her past august comes and try to come back into her life after breaking her heart leaving permanent damage.
210K 9.8K 57
(*WARNING: Read The One Night Stand first!*) When August left Bethany after they lost their son, she was heartbroken and tried to lock herself away f...