Never Had ~ A Louis Tomlinson...

By katie_rick

Emma Scott and Louis Tomlinson were best friends since they were kids. But when Louis leaves and becomes part... More

Never Had ~ A Louis Tomlinson Love Story
Chapter 1: Everything Has Changed
Chapter 2: Invisible
Chapter 3: Killing Two Birds with One Stone
Chapter 4: Shameless
Chapter 6: What I Know
Chapter 7: You Don't Know Me
Chapter 8: Breathless
Chapter 9: Hung Up
Chapter 10: Run
Chapter 11: Say Something
Chapter 12: Sue Me
Chapter 13: The Mess I Made
Chapter 14: Come on Eileen
Chapter 15: Tied Together With A Smile
Chapter 16: Heart Attack
Chapter 17: Enough For Now
Chapter 18: Love & Memories
Chapter 19: Lucky
Chapter 20: I'll Capture Your Heart
Chapter 21: Why Don't You?
Chapter 22: Devil on My Shoulder
Chapter 23: Safe and Sound
Chapter 24: Unsure
Chapter 25: Disenchanted
Chapter 26: The "L" Word
Chapter 27: Loosing It
Chapter 27: Love Like War
Chapter 29: Love That is Crisp in the Fall
Chapter 30: Ignorance is My Best Friend
Chapter 31: Story of My Life
Chapter 32: Darkest Nights
Chapter 33: She is Love
Chapter 34: Life's True Monster
Chapter 35: Miserable At Best (Part 1)
Chapter 36: Landslide
Chapter 37: Half a Heart
Chapter 38: I See the Light
Chapter 39: Best of Me
Something New
New story!

Chapter 5: Somebody's Heartbreak

19.9K 389 130
By katie_rick

(Louis' POV)

I woke up alone this morning, yet it didn't feel any different. Weird, huh? Not really. I couldn't feel anything with Eleanor anymore. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, it was gone. I just hope that she doesn't leave too, I need her. I might go crazy if she wasn't around. But she doesn't know why, and if everything goes right, she never will.

No, I'm not using Eleanor. Well, I don't think I am. I love her. I really do.

I slipped on a shirt and went downstairs to find my mum and El sitting together on the couch drinking coffee. They both turned to me and smiled, I returned a warm smile and sat next to Eleanor.

"Good Morning, Lou." Eleanor said to me. "Tea?" she handed me an already filled cup. I took it from her and instantly took a sip. Hopefully this would wake me up. I barely got two hours of sleep last night. The guilt was haunting me, but I refuse to let it ruin my day. Besides, Eleanor and I are going out to dinner tonight. I got a reservation at a really nice restaurant downtown. It's pretty fancy and I know she'll love it.

"So, what were you two talking about?" I asked them, remembering the quiet whispering I walked in on moments ago. "Nothing." Eleanor answered. Good lie, El. Oh well, it was probably about something that I shouldn't get involved in anyway. "What time are we going to dinner?" she asked. "The reservation is at six, so we need to leave at about five thirty, if that's okay." I looked at the clock and noticed it was already eleven. The house seemed noticeably quieter, but that was probably because the boys had left late last night. But it didn't matter; after yesterday's drama none of them would talk to me anyway, especially Harry. I don't know why, but he always seemed a little overprotective over Emma, even if she's older. Hopefully he doesn't like her. Oh God no. Time to change the subject, brain.

"Well I think I'll go get showered and dressed." Eleanor put her coffee mug down and sat up from the couch, making her way back upstairs. I started to take another sip of the warm Yorkshire tea but I almost spit it back out when I noticed my mother staring at me. And no, it wasn't a distant stare, it was more of a glare. Like she was angry. I slowly swallowed the tea and put the cup down, looking back at her.

"Louis Tomlinson, what did you do?" she said sternly. "What do you mean?" I asked her. "Oh you know perfectly well. I got a call from Melanie Scott at about twelve o'clock last night. She said that Emma came home crying. She also said that you didn't want her to be in your life anymore. Is that true?" Aw man, why do moms always have to get involved. I have no idea how I'm going to get out of this one. I slowly nodded my head and heard my mother sigh. I didn't dare look up. I was afraid to see whatever sort of expression she was making towards me.

"Why, Louis? Why in the world would you do that to your best friend? She's closer to you than anyone else and you continuously push her away." Oh great, the guilt trip. My mother always does this. I think most women do. They make you feel horrible so the problem can be solved faster. With me, it almost always works. But I was determined this time to make sure it didn't. However, everyone was asking me the same question, and it was really getting on my nerves. I had almost lashed out on Harry last night and I think the next time someone asks me 'Why?' I'll scream.

"Louis, answer me." she ordered. "I don't know, okay?! I honestly don't know. So can't everyone just leave me alone." my voice cracked at the end. I felt like I would cry. "Fine. But when you figure out the answer to that question, you'd better talk to her. She's home alone for a week and probably needs her best friend." my mum said a little more sincerely. She was definitely right about that. I was supposed to be her best friend, but I had acted nothing of the sort for the last week I'd been here. Everyone was right, except for me. Damn, how could I be so stupid?

My mum got up after she finished talking and went to work down at the local hospital as a nurse. The girls were all at their friends' houses so that left Eleanor and I alone. When she finished getting ready, we decided to go into town and do some shopping. Of course, Doncaster wasn't the best place for shopping like you could do at a mall, but it was fun. There were thrift stores, toy stores, bookstores, and coffee shops all over the town. You could find the weirdest things in some of these stores, but that was one of my favorite things to do as I child, Emma's too.

Before her Dad got bad, he would take her on a bike ride into town every Saturday afternoon. She always had so much fun then. Of course, I haven't seen her happy like that in a long time. But at least she managed to be somewhat happy.

Eleanor and I ran around town for a few hours. I even met up with a few old friends that I hadn't seen it a while. They all really seemed to like Eleanor as well. It was getting late and Eleanor said she needed to get ready for dinner, so we got in my car and I drove us home. When I parked the car in the driveway, I looked across the street at Emma's house. It looked the same, except for the unfamiliar black car parked in the front. I got a bad feeling when I saw it, thinking it could possibly be her dad, but then remembered that he was halfway across the world right now. We would have known if he decided to pay the Scotts a visit.

Forty minutes later, I was scrolling through my phone, wearing a nice suit while waiting for Eleanor. I heard footsteps and I turned to see her. She smiled at me and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, like she always does when she gets shy. El was wearing a pretty black floral dress, looking very beautiful, as she always did. I complemented her as we walked out to the car. Before getting in, I took a glance across the street and noticed that the mysterious black car was gone. I stopped thinking about Emma and focused on Eleanor and the road, of course, as we drove away. We arrived at the front of the restaurant a little while later. I helped Eleanor out of the car and opened the restaurant's door for her.

It was a Japanese Teppanyaki style place, meaning that they cooked the food in front of you. I had been here once long ago and really enjoyed it, I hoped Eleanor would too. We walked up to the host's podium and waited to be seated. Finally the host led us to a table in the middle of the restaurant. He asked if we would be okay with sharing the table with another couple and we both agreed since the tables could easily sit ten people and there were only two of us. Next to Eleanor sat a young man and woman about our age. I couldn't see them that well, but I heard them laughing and talking.

Then I recognized it: her voice. Her laugh. Then I saw Eleanor gasp as she turned to her left to face them. Great, this date is ruined. "Emma! Wow, who would have thought we'd see you here!" Eleanor exclaimed. "Hi Eleanor, what a coincidence that we sit with each other. This is Connor, my date." she finally introduced the man she was with. I recognized him from the club nights ago, but I didn't bother saying hello. I had a weird feeling about that guy.

The waiter came and took our orders. I only talked to him. I really wasn't excited to see Emma. The second I did, all the memories came back and I remembered why I was so mad. I don't know if she knew it, but she was ruining my life, every second of every day. And having to go on a double date with her just made things worse. But when I looked at her, and noticed the nice dress she was wearing and the way she curled her hair, I knew she wanted to impress this guy. So, I stayed out of her hair, just like I assume she wanted.

Dinner was going great and I was having so much fun with Eleanor that I wasn't even paying attention to Emma. Emma's date, Connor, mentioned something about a football game on so I got up to see if the bar could put it on the television for a moment. When I was getting up with my coke in hand, I ran into someone. Not just a bump, I literally smacked into them. Problem was that it was Emma. The coke went all over the front side of her dress and dripped down her legs. We both stood there in shock. I tried to say something, but I couldn't move my mouth. I half expected her to slap me across the face.

"Nice Louis. Always have to ruin things for me, huh? Well I guess that's one way of getting me out of your life." she spoke, biting her lip as Connor helped her clean up, as if she wanted to throw some pretty disgusting words out at me. I tried to help, but Eleanor insisted that it wasn't a good idea. A few minutes later, Emma and Connor left the restaurant.

"Aw, God. I'm such a screw up." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. Eleanor put her arm on my shoulder and rubbed it softly. "Louis, it was an accident. I'm sure she understands." she tried to reassure me. But that wasn't it. Spilling my drink on her just made everything worse. Especially how I said nothing, not even sorry. "Eleanor, I'm sorry but you don't get it. Emma and I have been at odds this entire trip and I'm trying to fix things but nothing is working." I took another sip of the new coke our waiter had given me. "Well I'm sure it will fix itself sooner or later. Don't stress yourself out, babe. Do you want to go home now? You look like you could use some sleep." I nodded my head and paid the check before walking out of the restaurant. Eleanor offered to drive so I handed her the keys and sat in the passenger seat.

I'm such an idiot. Why do I try so hard? Emma obviously hates me. There's no way she'll ever forgive me. I could appear on her doorstep with a handful of roses, a new pair of free-runs, and Ed Sheeran singing in the background and she'd still slam that door.

And seeing her tonight, with Connor, it just made me angry. The way she was using him to get to me was plain disgusting. But it was working. The whole dinner I sat there, jealousy taking over. Not that I wanted to be on a date with her, just that I wanted to be able to joke around and have fun with her again. Because right now, without her, I feel like nothing. And nothing will be able to fix that but her.

(A/N: Woohoo Louis' POV! I love doing these! I know it didn't reveal much, but you'll have to wait for more answers! I have much more drama planned for these two! If you have any ideas or opinions for this story, please share them! Good or bad, I love critism. Also vote if you can! Thank you all for bothering to read this cheesy story, it really means a lot to me! xoxo Katie) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 27.9K 20
❝𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓❞ -@keikaminari - date: 02/01/2021 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐃 ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- -ˏˋ こんにちはˊˎ- 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜.𝘈...
17.8K 1.1K 9
𝖍𝖔𝖆𝖝 -"Stood on the cliffside Screaming, '𝘎𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯' Your faithless love's the only hoax I believe in" 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇...
273K 5.9K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
49K 6.2K 31
[Completed] "I now know that my night shall never meet your daylight in this life, but the promise of my love to you will be eternal, in the paltry r...