Frake

Av Flufypigy

What happens when you get sent to a sketchy correctional facility? Well Milly finds out! Poor Milly, when sh... Mer

Prologue
The beginning
Meeting New... People
That one weird kid
Making One Friend
Still Hanging With That One Friend
Strange New Realities
The Sky is Clearing
The King
Broaden Those Dang Horizons
Stella Knows Best

Journeying

13 1 1
Av Flufypigy

     Felix ends up taking me to an elegant dining room, much bigger and more expensive than the one in Stella's house. He explains a few things, except he mostly keeps this world mysterious. For instance, no matter how many times I ask him who I am he deflects it. I've deduced that this land is magical and all sorts of mythical creatures live here, since I have Cloud as a pet. I still can't wait to explore, except I think once we get to the center of the realm, which Felix said we'd be doing tomorrow, we will go back to Stella's. I'm not entirely sure how the rest of my visit here will end, but I hope I get to visit again. Maybe I'll be stuck here forever like Clemance.

     After some idle chitchat and an interesting dinner, Felix's king duties called. A maid is taking me to a room where I'll be spending the night. We cross through the throne room, and I'm starting to think the living quarters are on the east wing. The room she takes me in is on the third floor and in a particularly quiet area. The room looks basically like a glorified hotel room, except with a chandelier and bidet. I don't think plumbing would have been invented yet, this realm just doesn't seem that forward yet. Maybe Felix had plumbing installed in this castle because he's a king and he can. I still can't get over him being a king in this place.

     I seriously still haven't cracked and it's starting to scare me. Maybe I've just hoped and dreamed that I was something more than just a normal person, and now I have a chance to be something special. I mean, I've spent my whole life afraid of another black out happening at the wrong time, but here I don't even have them. Maybe when I get back to Stella's I know it will be real, and I'm not just dreaming. Seriously, there is no way this can exist. I'm probably in a coma at some hospital for falling and breaking my head open in the woods. Or I'm just in some elaborate dream. What if I'm just a character in a story?

     I guess if I really were afraid right now I'd be crying, curled in a ball. I'm just not one to cry and be afraid of an almost impossible situation. I like to think of myself as a problem solver and if it means fighting dragons and talking to fairies I'm down. I don't have time to stop and cry about all of this confusing shit, I have to deal with what I have on hand.

     So, so far I know I'm not on Earth, in a different dimension. I know I'm likely an enemy or bad person from the way Felix acts around me, but yet, I know some people have to respect me or look up to me. The people in the village, they seemed to like me. I know that I have an awesome pet Griffon, who I should probably go check on. Cloud also brought me to Clemance, I assume she does what I do, or she is a friend here in the realm. Maybe I'm some sort of Robin Hood character? No that doesn't sound like me though, I wouldn't risk my life just to give people money. Maybe I'm some secret assassin, which kills immoral people. What if I am one of those socialites that deals with secrets and uses them as a currency? No, none of that sounds like me.

     All I know, is that I'm obviously notorious around here. For what reason though? On the other hand I have to figure out why my blackouts stopped?

     I need to sleep on this. Practically falling asleep while showering and brushing my teeth (which both seem extremely modern) I manage to make it to the bed before completely falling asleep.

...

     In the morning a maid lady is bustling around the room I'm in. The sun peaks through the windows and the whole room seems to be dimmed by the dark curtains. I groan not wanting to wake up, but she notices and smiles putting some breakfast on the bed next to me.

     "King Felix wants you to wear a special dress, the tailor is bringing it up now." She says bowing. Why does he want me to wear a dress? It's not that I don't like them, it just seems odd. Before I can reply a knock on the door indicates the arrival of the tailor. She walks in all prissy like, with a certain familiar quality about her. A foot boy carries a parcel behind her, it's almost as big as him. The maid flips him a coin and takes the package from his arms.

     "I hope you find it as beautiful as I do." The tailor says flattering her own work. I just nod my head and smile, which is my go to in all socially awkward situations. I sigh taking the box from the maid. I hate getting dressed up, I just don't like being uncomfortable in clothes I'll be wearing for a long time. I unwrap it on my bed and the maid and I gasp in unison as a bright red fabric is revealed, it matches Felix's coat. The tailor looks at it admiring the intricate patterns.

     "Isn't it lovely?" The maid sighs. I exchange a glance with the two women debating on whether or not I should express my opinions.

     "You said Felix approved of it right?" I glance nervously at the lanky maid. The tailor who grows impatient, taps her foot repeatedly on the ground.

     "Maidy, do you like it or not?" She says a little louder than intended. I do a once over of the thing holding it gingerly in my arms. It's poofy for one thing. I think most other girls would be foaming at the mouth, but I honestly don't see myself in this dress. It is ruby red with white lace and I know I'd be expected to wear a corset, flowers line the sides and it has a frilly white collar. The ball gown dress has a sweet heart neckline and to be quite frank it intimidates me.

     "Uh, no... I don't think I'll be wearing it." I say quietly. They both stare dumbstruck. Did I say something wrong? I don't want to wear the dress, is that so bad? Did they expect me to be some stupid girl who will do anything her sweet prince says to? Because I'm not that girl, and honestly I don't even like Felix. We might have shared a magical kiss, but I don't like him. I think I just respect him...

    "Y-you don't have a choice!" The tailor lady stutters outraged. That sets me off. I throw the dress at her, producing one of my most indignant faces I can put on. She squeals in disgust before storming out of the room and slamming the door. The candles flicker from the force. I turn to the maid who has a ghost of a smile on her face.

     "The king won't like it. But I think I have something you'd be a little more comfortable in. I'll just be a few minutes." She doesn't look me in the eyes and trots off. Why was she so happy? I cross my arms in thought and look out the window, the sun is rising and the flower field looks stunning. Something stirs within me, I don't want to be in this castle for much longer. Something is telling me to get out and run as fast as I can.

     Felix is not to be trusted. A girl voice says out of nowhere. What the hell? Who was that and why did I hear that in my head? My skin prickles and I shiver, someone has to be watching me. I start humming to myself, that nervous thing I do when I'm scared. Don't overthink it Milly, it was probably just your imagination.

     The maid comes in a few minutes later and hands me some men's pants with a billowy blue shirt. That's it I'm officially a pirate, she even has the black boots for it. She helps me with the clothes, even though I don't need it. If I were wearing that awful dress I would probably need five more ladies just to put me in it.

     "What's your name?" I ask while she braids my hair. She smiles from behind me in the mirror. She looks to be about twenty or so, who knows how she got this job. Red hair falls from her bonnet that she wears, and she seems to be really in shape. Maybe she works out? I just don't think a maid like her would have a lot of extra time on her hands. 

     "Sandra, and if you don't mind me saying, I wish you luck today." She winks at the end earning her a befuddled Milly. What did that mean? I'm starting to think this whole place is just one big mystery waiting to be unlocked. I stay silent for the next few minutes while she applies some simple makeup. I decide since I declined the dress, the least I can do is look presentable.

     "I am to escort you down to the stables now." She says leading me to the door. "The trip will take about an hour, the secrecy must be unnerving to you. Everything will be clear in time, and remember you will always have someone with you." She says cryptically.

     "I'm not even going to pretend like I have the faintest idea what you're talking about." She chuckles at my cluelessness, this girl seems alright. We begin our walk to the stable, throughout it some castle people throw disgusted looks my way. I'm obviously not dressed how I should be, which pisses me off even more. I don't think it's appropriate to ask Sandra a ton of questions, so I just sort of walk in a bubble of confusion behind her. 

     Once we reach the courtyard the maid wishes me good luck again and points me in the direction of the stables. I sigh breathing in the fresh air, it's a little chilly but that's fine. I couldn't stand the atmosphere in the castle. It sort of drowned me out and made me feel a false sense of cheeriness. Out here it feels real, the wind whipping my face reminds me that this is indeed real and not just some vivid hallucination.

Of course being me I run into someone. Of course.

     "I'm so sorry." I look into the man's eyes and gasp, they are gray and cloudy. He must be blind.

     "No worries m'lady, I thought I was the blind one." He chuckles, then his eyebrows twitch and he grips my arms tightly. "Is that you my dear?" He shakes me a couple of times out of excitement. "What have they done to you? They've tampered with you!" He exclaims in frustration.

     I shrink in his grasp with my mouth hanging open, "I don't know what you're talking about sir, I just got here, I'm newish." I say vaguely. Who is this strange man? Why does he express all of these emotions so quickly? He's like bipolar or something. My pulse quickens but I see Felix approaching from behind him.

     "It is you! Oh my dear Mildred, once you get your memories come to me." He lets go of my arms and turns to face Felix with amazing precision considering he's blind. Felix glares at the man before pushing past him and stalking towards me.

     "What are you doing talking to this man?" He asks strained crossing his arms in front of his chest.

     "I don't know what just happened." I say shocked looking past him. I'm still dizzy from being shaken up. I'm honestly a little winded. To steady myself I bend over and lean on my knees, what is with the sudden fatigue? I make out the shape of a large black carriage before my head goes fuzzy.

     "What's going on?" I ask nobody in particular, the birds seem to stop chirping. Have I been drugged? My vision narrows to only whats in front of me, plus I feel light headed as well as dizzy. Felix grabs me before I crumple to the ground. He curses a few times before carrying me to the carriage.

     "Shit, they've known this would happen." He says to himself, unaware that I heard. My head lolls back and I faint into Felix's arms.

...

     A steady thrum of horse hooves brings me out of my trance. I dreamt of nothing, and my head feels heavy still. Felix sits across from me, brooding. His glare tells me somethings off, also what's with the moodiness?

     "You didn't wear the dress." He remarks. Wait, what does he care about the dress, I just fainted!

     "Oh, is that all you're worried about? That's good." I say casually. His jaw clenches. I've made him angry.

     "No, but Milly that man that was talking to you is dangerous. I don't know how he got past my guards without getting noticed. It makes me think somethings up, and you might have something to do with it." He replies eyes blazing.

     "Geez calm down. It's not that big of a deal. You know what is a big deal though, how you expected me to wear that awful thing you called a dress. I can't believe you thought you could just order me around like that." I say equally as calm, daring him to yell. I wonder how long I fainted for?

     "There was a reason for the dress!" He says balling his fists up. He is frowning now, holding back something. He's angry at me, and I haven't done anything. Ugh, he's so confusing.

     "Well then tell me! Or is that a secret too? Why is everything so important that you have to keep it a secret?" I raise my voice a little egging him on.

     "I can't tell you." He says pouting now, some of his hair has fallen out from behind his ear. I choose this moment to inspect him. The way his jaw is set when he's angry, how his muscles bulge a little. Yah, okay there hormones. Felix isn't telling me something about myself. I know he must hate me, but why hasn't he done anything yet? Maybe I'm really good at keeping something from him, and he wants to know. The only problem is, I don't have my memories.

     "Oh, and why not?" I prod grinning. I think I triggered something, because his face goes completely blank as he realizes I'm just trying to get a rise out of him.

     "You little manipulative..." I cut him off and his face contorts like he just smelled something foul.

     "Say it!" I practically yell. He runs a hand through his hair and huffs.

     "You little bitch!" He says childishly almost as loud as me. We're acting like five year olds, and we both know it. "Who do you think you are, walking in here and expecting everyone to just stop and explain everything to you?" He shakes his head.

     "You didn't seem to think I was a bitch last night, am I allowed to call you a bastard? Now that we're throwing the b word around." I immediately regret my decision after that. A sickly sweet smile appears on his face. He slowly raises out of his seat and comes towards me. The carriage seems infinitely smaller now as he places both hands on the wall behind my head.

     "In case you have forgotten, I'm the king here." He pauses brushing some stray hairs from my braid behind my ear. My chest tightens as his face draws nearer to me. Almost as quietly as he begun he continues in a calm tone, "If you weren't who you are, you would be dead the second that sentence was uttered from your lips." For emphasis he trails his thumb lightly across my lips, I shiver and I bring myself to look at him. Of course he narrows his eyes and licks his lips, I seriously hope he's not a vampire.

     "How much longer before we arrive?" I ask clumsily trying to divert his wandering eyes. I'm also trying to buy some time before he does something stupid.

     "Any second." He whispers huskily before going back to his side of the cabin. I sigh and put my hand to my hammering heart. This will be an interesting day. Just like Felix said, we come to a stop within the next minute or so. The driver opens the door and helps me out, I instantly distance myself from them. I just want to get out of here. Felix comes out and pays the man (meanwhile I'm breathing out in the air just to see my frozen breath) then strolls over to me and links his arm with mine. I glance back at the driver man and he shrugs before getting back on the carriage and leaving. Thanks man.

     "Are you nervous?" A mischievous chuckle breaks the silence. I don't answer and avert my gaze to anywhere else. We head down a path from the road, it looks like it leads into a forest. Forests mean trouble.

....................

YOOOOO! So what's up? Uh huh that's very interesting. 

So this may seem a little off topic but, what's your Myers Briggs personality type? I'm an INTP, and I think it sort of shows a little in Milly too. 

ANAWAYS, did you pay attention to the maid, tailor, and old man. Maybe, just maybe they might be seen again. Or not, but its whatevers. 

Raise your hand if you hate school as much as me! Yah so I'm taking a creative writing class with my besties and I seriously hope I get better at writing. SO comment, vote, or just read it man. 

P.S. sorry for the bad grammar/ any mistakes, I know it seems like I don't try, but like, I just suck okay? 

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

594 67 11
Could it be my imagination? What's more astonishing is that it's not scary at all. I mean I do want to keep listening to the voice. Could the night s...
4 0 17
"Things are getting harder for you, aren't they Charlie? Learning that your powers don't come from the amulet and that you have me in your head? Your...
88 40 15
All of our life, we have been told that we can't travel to different universes, and Juliane is no different. She was living like any normal teenager...
28K 924 24
Even God can make mistakes. My name used to be Kai. I was leading an ordinary life until a fateful encounter changed everything. As I bravely saved a...