My Guardian

By Belle191

When I was younger, my father told me stories of the adventure he had with Santa, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, Easte... More

Chapter 1 - Welcome back to Burgess
Chapter 2 - Jamie's Logical Daughter
Chapter 3 - Hello Strangers
Chapter 4 - The Beginning of Forever
Chapter 5 - Exploring
Chapter 6 - Finally
Chapter 7 - Down the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 8 - Where is she?!
Chapter 9 - Captured
Chapter 10 - Rescue
Chapter 11 - The Shadow's Grip
Chapter 12 - You Owe Me
Chapter 13 - Dad, Please?
Chapter 14 - Skates
Chapter 15 - The Boy
Chapter 16 - The Sandcastle
Chapter 17 - Residual Anguish
Chapter 18 - You Found Me
Chapter 19 - The Pole
Chapter 20! - 12:00
Chapter 21 - If You Did This...
Chapter 23 - I Love You
Chapter 24 - You Can See Me?
Chapter 25 - What Am I?!
Chapter 26 - The Impossible Reality
Chapter 27 - Pitch's Trauma
Chapter 28 - The Pain of Nature
Chapter 29 - More Than A Memory
Chapter 30 - Father and Daughter
Chapter 31 - The Closest Thing to Magic
Chapter 32 - Surprise Bonus Chapter
Christmas Special

Chapter 22!! - Is This Death?

1.7K 69 5
By Belle191

The next couple of months, I was really down. I tried snow days; that was never as much fun as I wanted them to be. Every happy moment I had, Belle's face or smile would pop into my head and I would want to cry again. I really did love her. Have you ever lost someone you loved? If you have, then you know what I'm feeling. If you haven't then you will eventually. 

I visited the lake sometimes. But the moment I saw the ice, I immediately thought of Belle and I skating. And how she tripped and I held her close. And how she was so nervous and awkward I just wanted to kiss her. I smiled at that memory, though it really killed me inside. I still couldn't believe she was gone. I shouldn't have left her side. Then she would be okay. Then she would be happy. Then I could hear her laugh again. But there's no point going over what if's and should haves; there isn't anything I can do about it now.

Before I knew it, the one year anniversary of her death rolled around. She would have been eighteen today. I wanted to go to the lake, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. So I just sat at the Pole, leaning against a support plank of wood with my head up, looking at the ceiling.

"Mate?" Bunny said. I looked up and saw him walking over with a sad look on his face.

"Yeah?" I replied, looking back up to the ceiling.

"It's been a year mate. We're all worried about you. It's time you moved on..."

"You don't get it Bunny," I said angrily.

"No I don't get the way you feel. I don't know what it is you're feeling right now. But I do know that you did what you could to save her. There's nothing we can do about it now mate. You need to move on or talk to someone about what happened. And I mean really talk so someone. Think about it... okay?" he said. I just weakly nodded. He sighed and walked off. And I just continued to sit there, thinking about what he had said.

Belle. I miss you so much. I looked at a clock hanging on a wall near me. 11:59 on the fourteenth of February 2049. This time a year ago, I was in North's office, just before the Earthquake. I slammed my head against the wooden pole I leant on and closed my eyes.

Click.

12pm. On the dot.

Belle's POV

There was light beaming down on me. It was cold. My mind was so blank. I didn't know what to think. I felt like I was being pulled upwards from my stomach. Then I could see the blue sky and the moon. It was so beautiful and calming. Suddenly, I could breathe again as I came out of the cold water. Air immediately filled my lungs and I took in as much as I could. I felt so empty. I floated for a moment before my feet hit the ice below me that had covered itself back up.

The moment they did, all of my memories returned. Mum! Dad! Ciara! Thomas! The Guardians! Jack! The avalanche... I remembered reaching out while under the snow, clasping...

"My necklace!" I gasped, looking down. To my relief, the frozen white rose still hung there perfectly untouched on its silver chain. I smiled at it. Wait... What happened? Why was I in the lake? I thought I had died! How am I still here? How did I get into these clothes? I don't remember wearing this beautiful dress! How am I dry? I had so many questions. So I just looked up to the moon, hoping he would have the answer.

"What's going on?" I asked him. There was just silence. I knew it was a long shot asking him what was going on, hoping he would answer. I mean, he spoke when he chose to. Not when you asked. Agh! What am I supposed to do now? So I just sighed and started walking. I should go home! If I thought I was dead, everyone else must think I'm dead! I should go and see dad and Ciara! Just to let them know I'm okay. So I started running towards the pathway that led to the town.

Suddenly, I was swept off my feet and lifted up into the air! Of course, I screamed in shock. It took a couple seconds, but eventually I balanced. Oh my god! I was flying! I could fly! I seriously could not stop smiling. I've always wanted to fly! I felt so light! Like a bird without the tiring flapping of my wings. From up here, I could see the town and in the distance, my house! Yes! This was all so familiar. It obviously hadn't happened to me before... then why did it feel like it had?

So I focused and flew myself over to my house. I wasn't very balanced, but I eventually got the hang of it. Except landing. I didn't know how to land. So I crash landed in my front yard, skidding in the snow. I just laughed at myself. I'm such an idiot! Hahaha! The snow didn't even feel remotely cold against my exposed arms and legs. I picked myself up and dusted off before walking towards the front door. It was open, so I just turned the handle and opened the door. I was actually a little bit nervous about seeing dad. I mean, how am I going to explain to him that I'm not dead? I had no idea! Then I heard a squeal of joy coming down the hallway. I smiled as Ciara turned the corner and came into view, laughing and smiling. Her hair looked longer and she looked older... but it had only been a day or two, hadn't it? Then I saw someone I most definitely was not expecting. Thomas! He was chasing her as they played tag or something. Ciara turned and ran up the stairs, followed by her brother, who also looked older. What? I was standing right at the door. How could they not see me? I shrugged it off though. I made my way to the kitchen. I just couldn't wait to tell dad that I could fly! And if Thomas was here... that must mean mum's here too! Yes! Mum and dad can see me together! That made me walk to the kitchen even faster with anticipation, where I could hear their voices. They were just talking about how busy it was this morning at work for mum. I had this massive smile on my face as I came into the kitchen. I just froze when I saw them. I hadn't seen them together in so long. And they were smiling.

"You know it was supposed to happen today. Belle's future was supposed to be decided today. And I wanted to be here for it. But you know I couldn't come back any sooner. I really wish I could have. But I just couldn't," mum explained as she washed the dishes, placing them neatly in a pile to the side.

"I know. But Belle did get to see you again before she died," dad said, drying dishes. I just smiled weakly.

For a couple of moments, I looked around the room. Everywhere there were photos of me. Whether it be with Mum and dad, mum, dad and baby Ciara, or just Ciara and I.

My heart jumped for a moment. I wanted to say something but there words refused to escape my lips. Then I heard laughing and running against the wooden floor towards the kitchen. I turned to the door I stood in front of it, facing outside.

When Ciara came up to me...

She went straight through me.

All of the air was sucked out of me and I clutched my chest as I struggled to regain my breath. Then Thomas came up and he too ran straight through me. I'm a ghost. Lifeless and invisible. No! What's happened to me?! I must be dead! Oh my god. I was having a panic attack I swear. I abruptly turned back around, shocked out of my mind with what just happened, still clutching at my heaving chest.

"No running in the kitchen please!" Mum laughed, dodging Ciara.

"Sorry mum," Thomas chuckled, wrapping his arms around Ciara and carrying her through me and out of the room as Ciara kicked and laughed. I was really scared. I swear I've died. I felt so pathetic and invisible. I... I just wanted to be seen. The Guardians! They must be able to see me! Hopefully they know what's going on. So I ran out of the house and flew away.

It took a while, but I found the North Pole eventually. The bridge that had been destroyed now stood rebuilt and perfectly stable. What? It couldn't have possibly been more than a couple of days! I was really shocked at how quickly everything has happened. I flew up to the window I had flown in through before, and pushed hard against it. It wasn't budging!

"Woah!" I gasped as it opened and I fell through and landed on my side, hurting my shoulder. I swear I bruised it or something.

"Ow!" I laughed to myself. Standing up, I dusted off the beautiful skirt I was wearing and fixed it up. I made my way towards the globe control area. Wow these shoes were comfortable! I didn't come across a single yeti during the whole walk. I could hear them all downstairs working furiously though. There were just none on this level. As the Globe Controls came into view, I noticed a figure, sitting against a wooden pole, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't help but smile at him. His staff stood beside him. I don't know why, but I wanted to cry.

"Jack?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's right guys. Belle is alive. Sorry if you wanted her to actually be dead :/ I hate it when there isn't a happy ending. Plus she's the main character! She needs to live! But is she really alive? And yes she did come out of the lake just like Jack did. But why? Why exactly like Jack? I guarantee you she isn't a Guardian. That's a little too predictable, hey? Hahahaha! Love you guys so much! Vote, comment, add whatever!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.7K 61
The battlefield was never kind for you and your brother, and protecting The Lunanoff family was the only objective you had within yourself. You peris...
95.5K 1.9K 13
Y/n Bennett older sister of Jamie and Sophie Bennett. Ever since she was younger she's always believed in the guardians no matter what people told he...
254K 5.4K 16
Centuries passed since the Earth had itself some great guardians who proved to be worth of honor. Guardians who protect the children from fear and da...
22.9K 789 5
[not exactly a romance book, but can be taken that way if desired] reader has they/them pronouns. when night comes, hell breaks loose in a place mean...