A Supernatural Tale

By Arwyn181

When the apocolypse is just finished brewing and about to boil over, the Winchester brothers, make a discover... More

Chapter One: To Meet Diana
Chapter Two: Anxious Angel
Chapter Three: Coffee House 'Interview'
Chapter Four: Exasperated Dean
Chapter Five: Bored
Chapter Six: Something's Up
Chapter Seven: We Must Help
Chapter Eight: Getting Warmer
Chapter Nine: A Turn... For The Best?
Chapter Eleven: Things to Care About
Chapter Twelve: An Origin
Chapter Thirteen: If Something Else Bad Could Happen... it Just Did
Chapter Fourteen: Painful End
Chapter Fifteen: Maybe...
Chapter Sixteen: A Perfect Life

Chapter Ten: Some Help!

1K 26 1
By Arwyn181

Diana:

As I sped away from my house, an angry yet sad feeling washed over me. How dare they not even feel for other living things? How dare they look down in me just because I do? It wasn’t fair of them and they knew it.

   But the fact saddened me because even though I’d always known how my sisters would act in this situation, I had just thought that maybe they’d look beyond themselves and find in their hearts that men were important too. That not just our Mother, our sisters and other women were important but the whole of the world.

   I pulled into a restaurant, called Dan’s, parking lot and got off my motorcycle. I placed my helmet on my seat before pulling out my cell. I went to call Dean when Artemis stopped in front of me on her motorcycle and tossed me her cell phone.

   “Yours got disconnected, remember,” she said and I just looked at her. She sighed, “Yes courtesy of me and Selene. Now call the damn Winchesters.”

   I opened her phone still watching as she parked beside my bike and got off her own. I began calling Dean as she took off her little backpack.

   “Aww man, forgot my toothpaste,” she muttered, then looked up at me. “Do you think they’ll have the right toothpaste?” I frowned at her.

   “Hello,” Dean answered his phone, sounding a bit tired.

   “Hi, it’s Diana,” I told him. “We need to talk.”

   “I know – ”

   “Come to Dan’s, it’s a restaurant,” I interrupted him. “It’s by Cano’s.”

   “Alright, when?”

   “Now,” I answered him, and then said a little less demanding. “I’m here now, so it’d be a good time.”

   I heard him talking to people in the background, then, “’Kay, we’re on our way. See yah.”

   “Bye,” I said hanging up and looking at Artemis who gave me a weak smile. “Why are you here?” I questioned her.

   She looked away and crossed her arms, giving that stubborn look we all seemed to have. “Because I need you,” she answered. “Because without you, I am just a warrior with no direction.”

   I looked at her closer. “You mean you had some direction before?” She didn’t answer, but slung on her back pack and began walking to the restaurant.

   “Yeah,” she answered. “And it’s with you. Now come on.”

   I grabbed my helmet and proceeded inside with her, where we found a table at the back. The restaurant wasn’t very busy, not for a weekend night. Although like usual the bar was filled and the tables around were filled.

   “So… after screwing with my life for all those years, you suddenly want to help me?” I questioned her. She looked at me with her green eyes, like I was crazy not to figure out why she was doing what she was doing.

   “I’ve always only wanted to help,” she told me and in my mind I was thinking how many times do we have to go over this? “You’ve just always misunderstood.”

   I frowned at her as a waitress came by handing us menus.

   “Can I get you anything to drink?” she asked us.

   “Can I get a beer?” Artemis asked with a smile, good thing the waiter was a girl.

   “Sure,” the waitress answered jotting it down. “What type?”

   “She’ll just have a root beer,” I told the lady and Artemis looked at me with her mouth open. “She’s part of the AA. Trust me, she doesn’t need any alcohol.”

   The waitress nodded. “And you?”

   “Oh, she’ll have a root beer too,” Artemis answered. “After all, she’s being my supervisor tonight.”

   “Oh kay,” the waitress said giving us a look before turning and walking away. Then Artemis turned on me.

   “Part of the AA,” she asked. “Alcoholics Anonymous? Are you kidding me? I can’t even get drunk!”

   “That’s what all alcoholics say before someone ends up hurt,” I said sniffily.

   “And anonymous, doesn’t that mean keeping my identity a secret?” she questioned.

   “I did it for your own good,” I answered. “Can’t have you getting drunk at a time like this.”

   “I don’t get drunk!” she told me again and I just smiled. “Argh! This situation is so not the same as what I did to you and Castiel.”

   “You did it for my own good and now I’m doing it for your own good,” I told her with a smug smile and she just let out another cry of frustration, knowing that arguing with me wasn’t going to do any good.

   “Oh look, our company,” I said as Dean, Sam and, my heart skipped a beat, Castiel came in. I gave them a wave and they made their way to our table just as the waitress came back with our drinks.

   “Oh, there are more of you,” she said surprised. “Can I get you guys anything?” she asked the three of them. Cas shook his head and sat down, Sam asked for an Iced Tea and Dean, a beer.

   “Hi guys,” I said my eyes wandering to Castiel, who’s eyes kept flickering between Artemis and me. “Castiel.”

   “Hey,” he said back.

   Artemis leaned back in her chair and let out a disgusted grunt.

   “Everyone, this is Artemis,” I said to Dean and Sam.

   “I’m Dean,” Dean said holding out his hand like he had done with my other sisters, but this time Arty actually accepted.

   “And that must be Sam then,” she said holding out her hand for him to shake as well. I looked at her with surprise. I’d never seen her so polite to men. “Hello Castiel, long time,” she said to him with a wicked grin.

   “Not long enough,” he answered and her grin grew. Well the politeness had to end somewhere.

   “So,” Sam began. “You asked us here.”

   Yes,” I answered. “We’re here to help.”

   “Just the two of you?” Dean questioned.

   “At least you even got us,” Artemis muttered. “Screw ups.” Dean and Sam gave her a look.

   I cleared my throat, trying to get the attention away from her. “Well there’s us and Noko, who – ”

   “Noko!?” Sam exclaimed. “She’s part of your family too? Is there any female in this town that isn’t?”

   “The waitress,” Artemis answered just as the waitress came back with the drinks.

   “Ready to order?” she questioned setting out the drinks.

   “We’ll split some mild bbq chicken wings,” Artemis answered. “Some cheese bread, perogies and chicken fingers.”

   “That all?”

   Yes,” she answered as Dean looked like he was going to add something. “We’re paying for this meal so shut up and eat what we pay for,” she told him as the waitress walked away. Dean just nodded in response, not looking like he was willing to argue with her.

   “Anyways,” I began again. “We’ve got powers and we can help clean it up. But we might not be able to stop it completely.”

   “So we’d be back where we started,” Dean put in.

   Artemis leaned over the table and grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards her. “Now listen here, you ungrateful little vermin. At least we are even willing to help with the mess that you guys made. Since it doesn’t even really concern us.”

   “Okay,” he said slowly his hands up in surrender. “I was just pointing out that we may not be any better off then we were.”

   “Arty let him go. He’s right,” I told her and she shoved him back into his chair, which wobbled a bit.

   “At least he’s got a bit more power on his side,” Artemis said. "He could be a little more thankful."

   “Right,” I said with a nod. “So you’ve got the three of us, our powers and our experience. Now all we need is a plan.”

   “Where’s Noko?” Sam asked suddenly.

   “At the house packing our weapons and stuff,” I answered.

   “I hate plans,” Artemis muttered.

   “Well we need a plan,” I told her. “This is too big to go without one.”

   “What did you have in mind?” Castiel asked looking at me intensely.

   “Not much,” I answered truthfully. “But it’s a start.”

Like always, I'd love it if you voted and fanned if you haven't already. And I hope you are enjoying the story so far

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13 0 15
You are a new....ish hunter and a huge pack of vamps attacked you, you're fine, just tired and homeless when the, well known Winchesters happen to dr...
126 0 13
It was an average day for you. You went to work as always but today was different. There's a whole bunch of supernatural things happening where you a...
99.4K 1.5K 42
The Best Hunters are Sam and Dean Winchester, right? They're known throughout the hunting community, throughout the demons, hell, throughout the ange...
8.2K 166 15
Lizzie was trying to find her father when she did after 3 years, Sam Winchester. Now Sam and Dean have to adjust to life with a snarky teen girl, onl...