One Fateful Night(Completed)

By MeganRogers1

Scarlett and Jasmine were practically joined by the hip since birth. They've been with each other through thi... More

Chapter 1/Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26/End

Chapter 12

230 11 0
By MeganRogers1

***Scarlett's POV:***
After 15 minutes of self-motivation, encouragement, and convincing myself to calm down, I was finally prepared to start getting ready. Daniel has yet to tell me about my role in this mystery mission, suffice to say I am quite clueless; however, if he thinks that will stop me he is dead wrong. With this new found confidence, I begin my beautification.

After a quick shower, I dry my hair and straighten it while adding some curls to the ends. AS for my makeup, I decide to go for the smokey eyed look, add some blush, lipstick, and my makeup is ready.

I look at the dress laid out on the bed, and I can already feel the knots of nervousness growing in my stomach. I'm interrupted from my thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Cupcake, you okay in there?" I hear Kyle say.

"Yeah I'm fine just getting ready."

"You might want to hurry up, Daniel is getting impatient." He replies with a hint of anxiousness.

"You can tell Daniel to try doing his hair and makeup in 30 minutes, then come talk to me." I reply,with a sigh after finally getting my dress on.

"Hey muffin, come zip me up." I say opening the door.

Kyle enters and his eyes go as wide as saucers which leads to the immediate rise of my insecurities.

"Is it that bad? Maybe I should take off the make up.." I say looking at my silver heels.

"NO! You look beautiful, don't change a thing." He replies lifting my chin up so I look at him.

Feeling uncomfortable with the staring contest going on between us, I immediately change the subject.

" Come on, make yourself of some use and zip me up." He clears his throat and moves behind me.

Kyle seems to be taking his sweet time zipping my dress, making sure to occasionally brush his hand against my back. We were interrupted by Daniel clearing his throat; he was standing by the door, with a dark look in his eyes, fists clenched, and jaw set.. this man looked ready to kill.

"There all done." Kyle says and rushes out of the room.

"I think I made it clear relationships between gang members is prohibited." He says, his voice emotionless. I ignore his statement, because I don't know what is going on between me and Kyle.

"I am ready, I just need to get my purse and we can leave."

I grab my purse and try to move past Daniel to leave the room, but Daniel has other ideas. He pushes me up against the door and says: " If you value your membership in the gang as much as you say you do, stay away from Kyle."

He leaves the room, leaving me fuming. How dare he threaten me to stay away from Kyle! I'll have to deal with him later, right now, I have a mission waiting for me.

I walk down the stairs, and I am greeted with 50 pairs of wide eyes. I look in the corner to find Daniel looking even more mad than the whole Kyle thing.

"HEY!" Suddenly all eyes snap to Daniel, and everyone is standing straighter.

"I'm going to need Scarlett and Zach on this mission." Daniel yells.

"I can go with you." Kyle says.

"No, this isn't up for discussion. You need to stay here and take care of the gang." Daniel replies sternly. Kyle gives me one last look before disappearing.

" A limousine!" I shriek. Daniel just rolls his eyes, while Zach smiles and gets into the driver's seat.

"Ok, concerning our mission. Scarlett, confidence is key, if you don't have that, our mission fails."

My nerves are sky high right now; my hands start trembling, but I can't let Daniel know my weakness, or he'll use it against me. This is something serious, Daniel trusted me with this and I can't let him down.I am a strong woman, I can do this.

"Today we must take out the president of the children's association.He's been giving my drugs to children and teenagers and hasn't returned my money, but the problem's that he is an important public figure, loved by everyone.If we kill him, we will arouse many investigations which will lead back to us. Therefore, Scarlett you will need to find a way to get close to him and put this truth serum in his drink before his speech, so you must be quick. This will take place in a very fancy hotel filled with many famous and political people, so we must be careful.Do I make myself clear?"

I gulp. Can I do this? I spent my whole life living on the sidewalks, never doing anything wrong; now I am getting the President of the child association to admit his crimes and get arrested! I can't mess this up, everything depends on me.

"Uhm, well how am I supposed to get close to him?" I ask.

"That's up to you and your oh so lovely charm. However, I must warn you, he doesn't let any girl get close to him. Good luck."

"How reassuring." I say nervously.

We reach the 5 star hotel, and it is packed! Filled with so many celebrities,politicians, who knows, maybe there are other gang leaders in disguise. I feel like backing out, just running away now, going home, forgetting everything that ever happened. Is that really what I want? Go back to my old depressing life, after getting the thrill of my new one.

Hang on Scar, where did that idea come from? Did you forget Jasmine?

I shushed my inner voice as we made our way inside the hotel and into the lobby,then into the restaurant where the whole thing was taking place.

"What is this for anyway?" I ask

"The opening of a new orphanage." Daniel says with a shrug.

"All this.. for an orphanage.?!" I asked incredulously.

"Everyone wants to build their reputation." Zach says.

We take our seats on one of the tables, while everyone else is socializing, dancing, or at the bar.

"Who's the guy?"

"The one at the bar, surrounded by ladies."

I must admit he was quite handsome, not as much as Daniel or Kyle, but somewhere around. He has blonde hair and soft brown eyes with a strong build.

"Ok I'm going to get a head start, wish me luck." I say as I stand up. I feel something grab my hand, I look down to find Daniel looking at me with worried eyes.

" Take care." He says, before standing up and joining the crowd.

With a deep breath, I start my way to the bar. I sit right next to him and his "group" making sure to catch their attention.

" Bartender, I'd like a shot of tequila please." I say.

"Who are you?" I hear a snobby voice say, and surprise surprise it's one of his bimbos.

"Hello! It's so nice to meet you, my name is none of your business, and you are..?" I reply plastering on a fake smile.

"Ugh, whatever." She says with a hair flip. Suddenly the man in question clicks his fingers and all of the girls disperse.

"I am sorry about that, she tends to get jealous." He says.

"Why? No one can top her bleach blonde hair, fake eyelashes, and breast implants." I answer with an eye roll.

He chuckles and says:" Well aren't you different."

The bartender hands me my tequila and I drink it with one gulp.

"Would you like me to get you another one?" He says with a smile. That's when I got my greatest idea yet.

"Why is it that men always offer to buy a drink for women, why can't I buy you a drink?" I ask with eyes daring him to disagree.

"Go ahead, I 'd be honored." He says, while I internally smirk.

After the bartender sets down his drink, I start thinking of way to subtly add a drop of the truth serum into his drink. I need to get him distracted, think Scar think. He is a man and men are most distracted when..?

Cue the light-bulb! I got it!

"So, mystery woman, what's your real name." He asks.

"I don't kiss and tell." I say with a shrug.

"Aha but you didn't kiss." He says with a smirk.

I start leaning closer, so he can no longer see behind him. I add the drops and whisper in his ear: "I meant I don't kiss nor tell."

"Touche." He says with a smile.

"Everyone give a round of applause to Richard, president of The Children's Association." The presenter announces.

"That's my cue." He says.

"You might want to take that drink for that extra motivation." I say and he obeys.

I go back to my seat next to Daniel.

"The truth serum should kick in right about... now." I say.

" Good job, you made us proud." Zach says while Daniel just smirks. 

Not the reaction I was hoping for, but it's better than that expressionless mask he always has on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 322 23
"Hey Princess." "Wh..at is your problem?! Why are y..you following me?!" "Are you scared of me?" he asked with a smirk on his face. "N..no I am no..t...
31.3K 660 29
Scarlett Salvatore a sweet and shy girl but she can find her confidence when she and her cheer squad hit those fields to support their football team...
1.5M 42.5K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
458K 13.2K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...