How to Have a Heartbeat? (Boo...

By RulerOfCats

Ħɵω Ʈɵ Ħαʋε Д ĦεαяϮɓεαϮ [currently editing extensively!] Once I knew only darkness and stillness my life was... More

Chapter 1: A Stray Heartbeat
Chapter 2: Tsurigakure
Chapter 3: Four Tails
Chapter 4: First Betrayal
Chapter 5: Firsts
Chapter 6: Platoons in the Water
Chapter 8: Madara Uchiha
Chapter 9: Konoha's Betrayal
Extra::: Naruto Behind The Scenes # 3
Chapter 10: The Five Kages
Chapter 11: Team Seven Reunited
Chapter 12: A Broken Heartbeat
Chapter 13: The War Begins
Chapter 14: Rapture
Chapter 15: Sena & Madara
Extra::: A Shinobi Day Off
Extra::: Birthday Special
Extra::: Filler Ark
Extra::: A Blind Sasuke
Chapter 16: Kitsumori
Extra::: Another Birthday Special
Chapter 17: The Kumiko Name
Chapter 18: Agony
Extra::: Christmas Special
Chapter 19: New Perspective
Chapter 20: Madara & Sena
Extra::: Naruto Behind The Scenes # 4
Chapter 21: Reflection
Extra::: Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 22: Creepy Voice
Chapter 23: Two Heartbeats
Chapter 24: Heartless
Chapter 25: Spineless
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Bond
Chapter 28 : Enemies of War
Chapter 29 : Heartbeat
Chapter 30 : Decay
Chapter 31 : Time Doesn't Forget
Chapter 32: Dream
Extra::: Sena & Obito
Chapter 33: Story of Tragedy
Chapter 34: Ending of Tragedy
Afterward
Epilogue
Ninja Profile

Chapter 7: The Begin Of Team Hebi

3.7K 120 10
By RulerOfCats

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
― J.K. Rowling 

         "Whew, time for a break," Suigetsu said as soon as we were at the north base.

         "Get up you slacker! We're practically there!" Karin yelled just as I attempted to sit down too.

         "Don't you dare," Sasuke ordered.

         "Why are you only mean to me?" I muttered, and I couldn't help but notice Sasuke's scowl deepen when I sat down anyway.

       "This is no time for a break," Sasuke informed me, and I shrugged.

       "Then when is a good time, cause I am unsure of what rights us lackies get in your platoon." I gave him a sneer, which he replied with an arrogant tilt of his head in response to my obvious sarcasm. 

       "Rights? None." Sasuke turned around to walk away. I rolled my eyes, and we continued our pointless march through the water, until we came across a man laying face down near the entrance.

      "Is that guy still alive?" I asked pointing to the wounded man.

         "He came from the North Hideout," said Sasuke, catching the other two's attention. Sasuke knelt next to him. "What happened?"

         "Uchiha Sasuke...? Please save us.... It started as soon as we heard Orochimaru was dead. Our captives started a riot..." The man whispered. "Please...Sasuke-kun."

         "That's awfully familiar of a title. What have you been up to, Sasuke?" I asked Sasuke with a suggestive wink. "Oh, he died," I murmured over Karin's shoulder. "Shame." I looked over at the sudden Chakra approaching. "Company."

         "What the hell is that thing?" Suigetsu asked.

         "A level 2 curse seal. He's already completed the transformation," said Karin as the really ugly once prisoner came running. Sasuke didn't hesitate to slice the beast, not killing it. 

         "That was nice of you," I commented as I kicked the beast's breathing body with a raised brow. "But your kindness will mean nothing when that thing wakes up and kills others without mercy. It's better to do away with the wastes of air." Judging by Sasuke's slightly annoyed glance towards me, I could tell he didn't agree.

         "That's the North hideout up there. Hurry up and help me find Juugo," Sasuke ordered. As soon as we entered we were surrounded by approaching curse seal victims. "Karin, is Juugo in there somewhere?"

         "No," she said after doing a quick Jutsu.

         "Meaning we can go nuts on these guys, right?" I perked up at Suigetsu's words, already taking out my long twin Sai blades.

         "Don't attack their vital points," Sasuke ordered. "We are not murderers."

         "Haha, you're such a Leaf Ninja, man," said Suigetsu. "You should've killed that other guy."

         "Let's go," Sasuke ordered.

         "Do you have any idea how troublesome it is to not kill in a fight with monsters? Whatever," I murmured. I still say we should kill them. But of course, I for one always hated loose ends. The last thing I wanted was a bunch of little punks, seeking me out because of revenge and whining about killing their parents or something stupid like that.

         We swiftly sliced them, making sure not to take a life. Although, I was fairly certain that most would end up bleeding out and dying without medical attention, regardless of my good intentions. You can't always know what's a vital point and what isn't, and it's a big pain in the ass to be fighting with mercy. This goes double for the fact that they didn't give a shit about mercy. "I found the keys!" Karin yelled, coming back from the other room. I sighed and used one of the men as a seat, unbothered that he was bleeding out from underneath my ass.

         "Let's go. Get up," Sasuke ordered and I obeyed. "Lead the way, Karin."

         "Why are you doing this Sasuke?" Karin asked.

         "Just find him would ya? You're always bragging about your ability—try actually using it," said Suigetsu.

         "That way," Karin said pointing in a specific direction. I rolled my eyes seeing through her attempts to separate us so she could be with Sasuke. It was kinda funny, especially for Sasuke who found those sorts of flirtation techniques to be especially frustrating. I followed Suigetsu.

         "You're going the wrong way, you know?" I said after about a minute. Suigetsu looked around and saw I was correct.

         "That bitch," he hissed, clenching his fist. "YOU KNEW!" He glared and pointed accusingly.

         "I just noticed," I said, and he scowled, realizing I'd been lying. It was crazy how hard it was to lie when you don't give a fuck. "Sorry," he scowled at my non-apologetic tone. "This was my best option and honestly, you should be thanking me. Karin, Juugo, and Sasuke are all so moody, also, you should have turned left."

         "You could be helping me!" Suigetsu hissed out and I shrugged. "But at least you don't make me want commit a mass genocide on all red heads. Why are you with Sasuke anyway?"

         "Our interests align with the Akatsuki," I said simply, as if I was talking about tea. "And I suppose the Uchiha have always interested me."

         "I have to admit, you're not at all what I expected." Suigetsu smirked, and I tilted my head the side. Maybe it was the lack of available men, maybe I was just always horny, but I considered that Suigetsu wouldn't be a terrible partner while we waited for Sasuke and Karin to finish up with Juugo. 

         "You too," I murmured, looking around. "You're going the wrong way again."

         "Then why don't you lead!"

         "Oh why? You're obviously so good at it."

         "I will kill you Sana!"

         "Kill me huh? Are you sure we can't find anything more interesting to pass the time?"

         "Wait what?" Suigetsu turned his head at my suggestive comment as I took the initiative to lead us through the maze of halls. 

       "Don't play innocent. You know what I'm suggesting," I stated with a raised brow.

        We found ourselves back to where all the half unconscious men that we beat up currently remained.

         "Why...have you come here?" Asked a almost unconscious man.

         "To release Juugo and make him join us," Suigetsu answered, turning his head back to me. "So like, right now?"

         "Do you have any idea what you're doing?" The man moaned. "If you let him out into the world..."

       I ignored the wounded man with a shrug. "I mean, there are some comfortable beds three hallways back."

       "What are you guys discussing?" The man moaned out in pain. "Juugo can't be released

         "I agree, but I'll beat the crap outta him until he listens," Suigetsu said simply, trying to shut the guy up. "Wait, so you're serious?"

         "You may be strong, but you're no where near his le-" Suigetsu cut the man off by stomping on his stomach.

         "Listen, bitch. The only reason you're still alive is because Sasuke told me not to kill anyone," Suigetsu said, turning back to me. "So you and me, huh? Can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind."

       "I'm sure it has. I'm a snack," I said with a shrug.

         "Kufu! Juugo will kill all of you and you're standing here talking about getting laid!" The man laughed, and then, as if realizing what he just said. "Wait, what are my priorities?"

         "Maybe just one, he won't notice," said Suigetsu grabbing his sword.

         "What exactly can he say if he does notice anyway, 'don't do it again'? Come on, it's not like he's your mother." I said, finding that Suigetsu obviously didn't like my blatant questioning of his manhood, and swiftly killed the almost dead man, no hesitation. "Let's go, I know where Juugo is. I sense that Chakra."

         "Juugo's Chakra? What about the beds?"

         "Sasuke's Chakra. Raincheck, handsome."

         We began walking past a bunch of halls, and turns, twists. I would have lost my place if I didn't know that Chakra so well. It was etched in my mind. Before I even turned the corner, Suigetsu had already ran it. Rushing into battle.

         Men...

         "Let me deal with him Sasuke. And Karin you're next," Suigetsu threatened.

         "Stop it, Suigetsu. We didn't come here to fight anyone. Let me talk to him," Sasuke ordered, just as I turned the corner.

         "Words don't really register with him you have to make him listen with force," said Suigetsu.

         "Oh yeah! Now I remember! You're Suigetsu!" Juugo said and the two began to fight. I casually made my way towards Sasuke and Karin, not bothering to try and interrupt the two children fighting. Suigetsu began to look less appealing as I watched him squabble. 

       "Sup," I greeted the two. Karin gave me a sweet scowl that caused me to raise my brow.

       "Oh. Hello, Skank," Karin greeted with a sneer as if it was my fault her time with Sasuke was interrupted.

       Although, I had a very singular talent of being able to take one look at a person and picking out their worst insecurity. "You have a very long chin. Has anyone ever told you that?"

       Karin's fingers trailed along her chin with quick time while I gave her a sarcastic smile.

         "Enough you two!" Sasuke ordered, but it ran on deaf ears. Sasuke appeared in between them, barely blinking as his summoned snakes wrapped around Suigetsu and Juugo. "How about I kill the both of you?" He was starting to sound like the mother, badly disciplining his children.

         "Good job! You tell them daddy!" I cheered, with a smile and a peace sign, not affected in the least. Still, at my 'daddy' comment, Sasuke's back visibly tensed. The curse mark on Juugo began to disappear as the crazed man ran back into his prison, slamming the door shut.

         "Lock the door!" Juugo yelled from inside.

         "Juugo, I came here to free you. Come with me," Sasuke ordered in such a tone that it nearly sounded polite. Someone's desperate.

         "I don't wanna kill people anymore! Don't make me go outside. Just leave me alone please!" Juugo yelled, covering his head. "I could start killing again at any time! Please lock me back in! What the hell do you want from me!? Leave me alone!"

       "Wow. Do you wanna be locked back in or want to know what we want from you? Gotta pick one bud," I said from across the room, earning Sasuke's 'shut the fuck up' face. 

         "Orochimaru is dead, and this place is falling apart. You'll go down with it if you stay any longer," Sasuke explained taking a step forward towards the door.

         "Good that means I won't kill anyone else!" Juugo yelled.

         "Relax, I'll act as your 'prison' if you try anything. I'll stop you," said Sasuke.

         "What do you think you can do? The only person who could calm my impulses was Kimimaro. I can't be allowed to if he is not there!" Juugo yelled.

         "All that bone work must have made him great in bed huh?" I whispered to Karin as if we were friends and I didn't make her rethink her entire face only two minutes ago. 

         "The dick isn't a bone," Karin hissed back.

       "I knew that." My retort was too fast to be believable. She sent me a scowl.

         "Kimimaro was from the Kaguya clan, right?" Suigetsu said.

         Karin broke into an annoying conversation about the Kaguya experiment, but I mostly tuned out things that had nothing to do with me. I had my own problems, and I wasn't about to take on anyone else's.

         "Juugo, Kimimaro is dead. He died for my sake," Sasuke explained.

         "He died for you? That mean's you're Uchiha Sasuke?" Said Juugo.

         "Yes," Sasuke answered, and Juugo stepped out of his room. "Let's go," said Sasuke, and we made our way out of the base. "Gathering you four completes my p-platoon," he hesitated before saying it, careful to avoid my gaze. Still, he got the word out since his dead mamma didn't raise no quitter. "And the first stage of my plan. It's time I explained my purpose to you all. I'm going to kill Uchiha Itachi of Akatsuki and I want you all to help me. Karin, you said you had other business to attend to. What will you do?"

         "W-Well, now that I think about it, it's nothing urgent," Karin blushed.

         "Would you cut the bullshit and just be honest for once? Something like, 'I want to be at Sasuke's side forever and ever', maybe?" Suigetsu taunted.

         "Just let me know when you need some alone time, I'll be sure to give you, your chin, and Sasuke some time to bond," I pointed out helpfully. 

         Karin went red, covering her chin with her hand, "Th-That's not it! Wh-Why on Earth would you suggest something like that?! I just..."

         "Bullseye. Look, you're so flustered you can barely talk! Give it up! I know the truth, a long time ago, you did something to Sasuke," said Suigetsu, sparking my attention.

         "What?" I asked curiously, something I hadn't been since coming to the North Base. Karin punched Suigetsu in the face, but he turned into water before it could hurt in the slightest.

         "Suigetsu, stop messing with Karin. I told you to cooperate with her," ordered Sasuke.

          "I think somebody's trying to nonchalantly hide a secret..." I murmured from next to Sasuke, my lips forming a smile. "Did Karin pop your cherry?"

             "Fuck you, Sana," Sasuke replied with a smooth jab.

              "Touchy. I think I caught a nerve," I replied, giggling into my hand. Suigetsu's transformation cut off Sasuke's possible retort.

         Suigetsu's face began to reanimate itself to physical form, "My bad, my bad, sorry, Karin. For the record I plan on sticking close to Sasuke. One of the Seven Mist Swordsmen, Hoshigaki Kisame is with Uchiha Itachi. I plan to take his sword The Samehada for myself."

         "You're just gathering swords? That's so lame..." Karin stated and I slightly furrowed my brows. I was fairly certain that she was just here to make Sasuke her baby daddy. If that wasn't lame, I didn't know what was.

         "Suigetsu..." Sasuke said as the silver haired boy was about to snap at Karin.

         "I know, I know. Juugo what are you gonna do now that you're free?" Asked Suigetsu.

         "Kimimaro said Sasuke's existence was like his being reborn and Kimimaro sacrificed his life to protect him. I need to see for myself how strong a Shinobi he is," said Juugo.

         "Are you still planning on staying Sana?" Sasuke asked, and I shrugged.  

          "I'm currently weighing my options." I replied and for a moment I could of sworn he rolled his eyes towards me, as if he were surprised he thought I still had options.

           "Then it's settled and our group will be know as 'Hebi'. Hebi has only one purpose, Uchiha Itachi."

           "Dude, get a hobby."

       Suigetsu scooted over to me, his voice lowering into a whisper. "So, Sana, that offer you made..."

       "Offer's passed," I announced, taking a step away for personal space.

       "What the hell?"

       "The appeal has worn off. I hope we can still be friends." I patted his shoulder and walked off with an uncaring flip of my hair.

 ¥❁¥

         "What are you so happy about!" Karin scolded the happy Suigetsu. "Get your ass up and stop drinking all our water!"

         "If you get thirsty, Suigetsu could always turn into water and be your meal," I suggested with a smile and Karin looked away disgusted. "I heard he really knows his way inside a woman." Suigetsu glanced my way and I sent him a suggestive wink that made Karin look like she was about to vomit.

         "We're almost there. There's no time for a break," Sasuke ordered, making Suigetsu get his ass up. We began to walk closer to the abandoned Uchiha warehouse.

         "This is a hideout? It's a dump," Suigetsu commented.

       "I don't know. A little flowers. Couple thousand coins of gold. One dead body. Couldn't kind of romantic," I said, my eyes trailing on the cobwebs that surrounded the architecture. 

       "Yeah? Nothing screams romance like a dead body," Suigetsu retorted.

       "Now you're getting it," I answered.

         "It's not one of Orochimaru's. My clan used this place as a weapon storehouse," Sasuke explained. "We'll get ourselves equipped here."

         "All the tunnels look the same, I hope we don't get lost. The air here is so stifling... It's kinda hard to breathe," said Karin, and I paused at the presence behind us. My mouth dropped a little when I turned around to look at it.

         "Well excuse us!" A voice echoed along the tunnels that enclosed us

         "Tenka, Hina," Sasuke greeted. "How have you two been?"

         "Awwww," I cooed knelling down next to the two kittens. Talking kittens. The natural girl in me couldn't resist and it took everything I had to keep me from squeezing their little heads into my chest.

         "If it ain't Sasuke!"

         "Meow, what'cha here?"

         "You guy's spayed or neutered? I've always wanted kittens." I turned my head look at the other kitty. If cats were able to roll their eyes they would have.

         "Weapons, medicine, and a few other things. We need to get ready for a big fight," Sasuke said, pointedly ignoring my comment.

         "Talking Tanukis, awesome, here boy!" Suigetsu cooed, putting his hand out. The cat scratched at Suigetsu's hand hissing. "Oh, they're ninja cats."

         "Duh," I murmured.

         "Don't mess with them unless you wish to end up as a scratching post," Sasuke warned. I did like how he brought that up after someone got scratched and not before.

         "Did ya bring us any goodies?" One cat asked this in a high pitched voice.

         "How about a return bottle?" Sasuke suggested, lifting up a bottle. The cat nodded and started to walk away.

         "C'mon. Let's go see Granny-cat," kitty said.

         "Adorable!" I cooed, following the kitty into a room filled with cats. Sasuke went straight to the elder who looked half human and half cat. Sasuke bowed. I fell to the ground, dramatically cuddling into the cats. "Depending on preference, this might be my heaven and your hell." I looked to Suigetsu who stood uncomfortable and angry, a small distance away from the cats.

         "I've come to repay my debts to you, Elder Cat," said Sasuke.

         I scooted downward, next to a whole crowd of cats, petting them despite their hissing at me, "Bite me and I'll bite back," I said with a sudden murderous aura, strengthening my Chakra until they went silent. They immediately played the role of good kitty. My murderous aura was replaced with a smile. Suigetsu frowned, having would have liked to pet the cats too if they didn't hate him.

         "Cats are stupid anyway," said Suigetsu, and a cat scratched his arm. Karin just stood around awkwardly, while one of the girls here tried to help Juugo get an outfit since the boy had no shirt.

         "Grandma, do we have anything big enough to fit this guy?" The girl then proceeded to try and dress Juugo.

         "This isn't a department store, girl! Just wrap him up in that curtain!" The Grandmother exclaimed. I snorted quietly to myself.

       "Beautiful curtain, is this silk?" I ran my fingers over the curtain. "Quality fabric must be easy to come by with all those customers you rip off."

       "Oh you snarky bitch. Come over here and say that to my face!" The Grandmother shouted, and I motioned to do just that before Sasuke's fingers gripped me by my arm.

         "Don't be rude, grandma! They're paying us after all!" The girl retorted. Juugo didn't seem to mind as he grabbed the curtain and made himself a cloak.

         "Let's go, I've gotten what I need," Sasuke announced, I blinked my eyes and stared down longingly at the cats. Sasuke saw that and rolled his eyes. "For once, can't you just act your age?" I chuckled at his comment, the irony not lost on me, and got up as we made our departure out. I took one last longing gaze at the hide-out, already missing the cat's much better company than the company I currently had.

¥❁¥

         The wind blew past me, ruffling my bangs about my face. My curly hair was in a tight pony tail as to not mess up my hair. It was sun set and the last bit of light was disappearing slowly under the mountains. I tapped my fingers impatiently against the stone rock in which I sat. My eyes moved back to the sun. He was late.

         I sighed and moved to look around the forest. I looked up at the sound of feet scratching against the forest floor and crushing leaves in its wake. The first thing I could see was dark brown hair escaping from the shadows. I smiled in response, all previous annoyances seemed to disappear.

         "Kotsu-kun," I greeted with a giant grin, wrapping my arms around his neck as soon as he came from the shadows. My hands squeezing against his Akatsuki cape. "I am delighted to know you are unharmed."

         "Oh, that's the tone we're going for on this visit. Alright. I thought affection was uncomfortable for the both of us." he commented, pulling my body away from him. I raised an eye brow and looked up into his eyes.

         "Just accept my hug and shut your mouth," I ordered and he sighed. I blinked my eyes slowly, wrapping my arms around his head and putting his forehead to my chest. "I am happy to see you again, brother."

         "I've asked you not to call me that," he whispered, and looked up at me with his dark brown eyes. I smirked and let him go, sitting on my rock again.

         "Sorry. How time slips from one's mind when they are dormant for so long. It's been a long time now that I've tried to get in contact with you. Glad to see you could sneak off. Now, I wanna know everything," I asked, and he nodded, ready to tell me every little detail of what the Akatsuki had been up too. Catching up with everything I had missed was beginning to be a big pain in the ass, but I had to get this over with quickly as I was supposed to only be getting firewood. I could just say that I got lost.

       At the end of it all, I leaned back and stared up into the clouds. "Sana?" Kotsu ran his finger tips along my chin so I'd meet his gaze. "What is it?"

     "It's just weird. This whole thing is weird without Madara."

        Kotsu's brow furrowed. "It's easier. The Akatsuki is in the Kumiko's way too. Pein isn't Madara. We can beat him."

        I wanted to laugh. "Just keep an eye out." Because I still didn't know where Obito was and I was out of the loop and very angry. Knowledge is power.

         And I didn't know anything

¥❁¥

         "Rise and shine sleepy heads!" I exclaimed getting up from my spot. Suigetsu moaned in his place on the sleeping bag. I smiled with pride for annoying Suigetsu and Karin. They promptly shoved a pillow over their heads the exact same time. Sasuke had waken up and four a.m, a bit earlier than I had, so the noise didn't effect him as he merely looked up uninterested before looking down again to sharpening his katana.

         "That's the fifth time you've done that. I have never woken up before the sun started to rise and I don't intend to now," Suigetsu moaned into his pillow. I cocked my head to the side and walked closer to him, knelling down to poke his side. He stiffened, a nerve of a tickle spot. I was impressed that someone who had been experimented on so often had even retained the shadow of an ability to even be ticklish.

         "But I am bored. I guess I could go back to sleep," I murmured lowly.

         "Yes! Do that," Suigetsu agreed, but he seemed to shut up as I laid down next to him. A small upturn in my lips took hold as my arms wound its way around his stomach.

         "Then obviously, you won't mind if I sleep here. You should know though. I get handsy in my sleep. I warned you~"

         He promptly turned into water, almost wetting my clothes before I jumped back before a drop could hit me. He quickly reformed himself to his original body. I frowned.

         "You're no fun at all," I pouted.

        "And you're a tease. I love myself too much to fall for it again," Suigetsu retorted when he turned corporeal. 

        I gasped, offended, before I sat next to Sasuke. Staring at the level of the sun with the sky it was easy to tell it was five thirty a.m. I looked back at the silent and stoney Sasuke to see him sitting himself up before he began to walk into the forest. I cocked my head to the side as he made a motion with his hand signaling me to follow. I furrowed my eye brows not moving from my place. "I wish to hear a 'please' at the end of that statement." All I got was a harsh glare that made me smile so, biting my lip, I proceeded to follow him.

         Once we got a good distance away he stopped walking and turned to me, "Tell me what information you gathered on the Akatsuki. More importantly, Itachi," he ordered and I smiled a bit to myself.

         "What can I possibly get from telling you that?" I asked simply only to find his blade at my throat.

         "Then perhaps I should kill you right here if you have no further value," he said, malice dripping from his lips. I began to laugh not phased in the least.

         "I'm sorry," I said my face slipped emotionless before I decided I might as well muse him rather than anger the boy. After all, I was the one who boasted that I had these sources only a month prior. Oh me and my big mouth. "My source doesn't know of where Itachi Uchiha is, but I did however get a lead on a person the Uchiha had seen recently. A man by the name of Haji Fukujima. A long time customer for the Akatsuki, seeming like your average business man. Only he might know Itachi's exact location because the Uchiha is on an errand to get more money into the Akatsuki's piggy bank."

         "Do you know where this man is?" Sasuke questioned, not a single emotion passing his eyes. I simply nodded my head.

         "Of course I do," I said simply. "Haji Fukujima, as I have heard is a difficult man to charm. He is stubborn and fairly bright. His weakness is 'beautiful' women. So I suggest we throw Karin at him. She's pretty."

         Sasuke's eyes slipped to mine and he cocked his head to the side.

         "I'm surprised," he said simply. I blinked waiting for him to continue. "You seem like you'd like to be the one to do something like that."

         "...did you just indiscreetly call me beautiful?" I asked and he said nothing, his face stoic. I rolled my eyes before continuing. "Sorry, he's not my type. He's thirty and bald. I have standards thank you very much," I said plainly before giving a cheeky smile as I hovered my index finger over his chest, not touching him. "Besides I'm not his type of woman. He like a specific kind." I smiled at my own private joke. 

         I slowly placed my hand flat on his chest, taking a step closer with a coy smile. "What are you doing?" He asked, as if it wasn't already obvious.

        "Seducing you," I replied without a single hesitation as I tilted my head to the side.

        "Time and place, Sana," he retorted, but I noticed he didn't move away.

         "Is this not it?" My smile turned coy, and I saw his eye slightly twitch, breaking his one stoic gaze. Still, I couldn't help but notice that it got a bit hotter with our mingled breaths interlocking in sync. 

          "We have to get going in the next ten minutes."

           "You'd be surprised what I could do in five minutes," I replied, growing amused at the way he opened his mouth slightly, as if to ask what that was before scowling at having been caught curious.

         "Whatever," he sighed turning back around to go back to everyone, shrugging off my hand as he disappeared behind the trees. No doubt making them get their asses up. Me they wouldn't listen to, but Sasuke was another story.

¥❁¥

         "No freaking way. I'm out! I refuse! Fuck you." Karin yelled, and I gave a cheeky grin throwing her the costume. She scowled at it in complete distaste. "I am not wearing that. I changed my mind. I don't want to do this. You can do it."

         I rolled my eyes and sat on the small chair that was perched in the dressing room before answering the whiny little girl with a simple and cold reply. "As much as I'd love to, I can't. Haji Fukujima is looking for woman of your attributes, wearing that happens to go with the job. I'm afraid I just don't have what it takes."

         "NO! I don't want to!" She exclaimed when we heard a bang on the dressing room door followed by a loud shut up. I blinked my eyes mischievously. I'm going to hell for this...

         "But Sasuke was hoping you'd do this for him, you know how much he was counting on the destination of Uchiha Itachi. He'll be so grateful to you if you were to find him," I said and her expression changed before she looked down at the costume with determination, before slipping off her clothes and putting it on. "It suits you."

         "Go to hell, Sana," she hissed, scowling at the pig maid costume. A simple maid uniform with a set of pig ears, nose, and tail. I covered my mouth to stop the laugh as it would make her take the thing off.

         "Oh how original, I've never heard that before. Now look you've hurt my feelings," I sarcastically taunted much to Karin's dislike. "Have fun~"

¥❁¥

         This was great. Karin looked absolutely ridiculous for nothing. I smiled as she tried to talk the fat old man with those beautiful pouty lips of hers and and her false, pig like voice. She was trying to get information from him but was failing because he knew nothing so didn't give the information she desired. I smirked and merely walked into the house much to Karin's surprise.

         "I have an appointment with Haji, would you be so kind as to show me the way?" I ordered and Karin looked at me confused.

         "Aren't you Haji Fukujima?" She asked the fat pudgy man who shook his head simply.

         "I am merely a double as to reduce his chances to get assassinated," the man answered, obviously swayed by her charms; which I thought was strange as the double shouldn't admit something so effortlessly. I was shook, but who was I to judge poor life choices. It wasn't my problem. Karin gave me the coldest glare I'd seen in quite some time but it only succeeded in making me feel warm inside. The pudgy man snapped his fingers and another maid wearing a similar costume to Karin's came by. "I want you to escort this lovely lady to Fukujima-sama," the man turned back to Karin. "Now where were we."

         I giggled and allowed the lady to lead me to a fancy looking shoji door. The maid bowed before the door, her shadow showing itself to the master inside. She began to speak, "I have a guest."

         "Show them in and then leave," said a cold male voice. The maid swiftly opened the shoji sliding door before bowing and leaving. I confidently stepped inside the brightly lit room to come face to face with a man with bright brown hair and light blue eyes. He looked at me expectedly before bowing his head. "You are with the Akatsuki, am I correct?"

         "Yes," I lied smoothly. Confidence was the key to any lie. "I am Konan. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

         "Do you have proof that you are part of the Akatsuki?" He asked and I held up a single ring that I had been informed was a look a like to the real Konan's. He nodded expectedly.

         "As you are well aware, Itachi Uchiha is the member you have hired for your biddings. I am afraid he won't be able to complete this considering he has betrayed us and has gone as far as assassinate important people working for us. You are most likely his next target. I need you to tell me where the traitor is. Can you do that for me?" I didn't ask this as a question.

         "...Ah, I see, that is unfortunate. It is so difficult to teach loyalty these days, do you not think?" He smirked slightly, "I do know, but you don't have very long to get there. A few hours at best."

         "Anything is fine."

¥❁¥

         Karin thought she'd take this time to give me a harsh glare...again. Her eyes were like sharp daggers trying to cut into me, hoping to slice me over and throw my body into the ocean. No doubt she was thinking about doing exactly that. The entire situation I brought myself into made my eyes twinkle with amusement and Karin looked away disappointed when she didn't get the reaction she had wished for. Obviously she had not made a scene because that would have been embarrassing to mention to her Sasuke-kun.

         She should be fucking thankful I hadn't told Sasuke that it was I who had found out Itachi's location. I did however get a good laugh with Suigetsu.

         That reminds me, where is Suigetsu and Juugo?

         I turned around looking for them, feeling no desire to walk with Karin and Sasuke. They deserve some privacy. Just as I began to walk ahead of Sasuke and Karin to catch up with the other two, Karin spoke, clinging onto Sasuke. "I've always wanted to be alone with you~"

         "Get moving," Sasuke ordered, getting himself away and walking faster. He caught up with me and started walking through the forest in the opposite direction. I sighed and followed as was his silent request.

         "I wanted to go with Suigetsu," I complained.

         "Shut up Sana," he ordered, and we walked in silence before I broke it.

        "You just want to to get away from Karin," I complained. "You realize that makes her bother me, right?"

       "What does that have to do with me?" Sasuke retorted, and I rolled my eyes.

       "Wow, can you even see anybody else with your head so far up Itachi's ass?" I asked, and I realized I went too far when he scowled at me with murder in his eyes. I paused, the silence awkward. "I'm not gonna apologize. That was funny."

       He didn't answer, just kept on walking.

         I knew Itachi's location of a small area, but not the exact location. So basically we had to split up and search. Sasuke was again supposed to be with Karin, but I guess he changed his mind. I stopped walking at the same time as the Uchiha.

         "Come out whoever you are," Sasuke ordered as we both looked over at the direction of a strong Chakra and presence. A voice chuckled and then a masked man came out. "That outfit. You're part of the Akatsuki."

         "All I know about him is that his name is Tobi," I muttered.

         "So you're Sasuke-kun. You look a lot like Itachi," Tobi said, his voice childish. Sasuke gave the man an emotionless glower and made the man squeal. "Oh you're scary!"

         My ears twitched as I felt another presence. I quickly looked up just as Sasuke moved forward. For good reason too since I recognized that blonde hair and mouthy hands. A giant explosion collided with the entire open area where Sasuke and I remained. As the smoke and dust raised all I could see was the scaly skin of a snake that Sasuke had summoned to protect himself from the blast.

         "That's Deidara the human bomb," I informed Sasuke. "Don't underestimate him, you might die if you do." I said in a sightly taunting voice. "I wonder if those hands can be used for kinky purposes? What do you think, Sasuke?"

         "Shut up, Sana." He still sounded bitter and angry from before.

          "Alright, fine. I'm sorry that you think you should have an apology.""

         "Truly, yours is voice I will dearly miss," Sasuke said with a roll of his eyes. "Now, when the snake stops wrapping around us, I want you to get as far away from here as soon as possible," he ordered.

         "What about Itachi? He wont be here for long," I said and he sighed already realizing this.

         "And if I ask you to fight these guys would you and could you win?" He questioned. I blinked my eyes.

         "I'd love to, but not as much as I'd love not to," I looked at Sasuke with a serious gaze. I had no time to fight the Akatsuki when I was looking for Obito. "Besides, the blonde lesbian looked like she only wanted to fight you."

        "That's a guy," Sasuke reminded me with a sigh. I glanced back over, shrugging.

       "Oh? See, this is why we shouldn't assume people's gender Did you do something to him? Sleep with his girlfriend? Kill his dog? Cause this guy genuinely doesn't want you to be breathing right now."

         The snake opened up a bit and I was very very quick to jump out, looking like a spec of orange hair had just escaped the dust cloud. As soon as I was out I perched myself on a tree a fairly good distance away.

         "He's pretty good, but I still can't believe this brat killed Orochimaru," Deidara commented, Sasuke gave the blonde man a glare. "Oh, such malice. I like these eyes of his, Tobi. I'm gonna have to apologize to Itachi-san after this. The reason you were able to kill Orochimaru was because of the Uchiha blood. Ah, the Sharingan, do doubt Itachi's brother. A pathetic loser who mistakes heredity for his own power."

         "Hot damn. You gonna need ice release for that burn," I commented, and Sasuke eyes trailed to me and gave me a deadly glower before turning his gaze back onto Deidara. I barely blinked before Sasuke moved slashing at the masked Akatsuki member, Tobi. I looked close at he man scrunching my eye brows together. I couldn't smell blood or see it. I couldn't feel the presence of a life force draining. This was impressive to say the least, and a feat I had not seen before.

         "One down," Sasuke commented, turning to look at Deidara who had jumped out of the way before Sasuke's blade could go where it had originally been aimed. Deidara's heart. Sasuke's eyes trailed to the blonde. "You seem to like to talk so I'll ask you about Itachi, considering I won't be able to find him now that you've interrupted my search."

         I cocked my head as Tobi "came back" to life from his "death" from Sasuke's katana. I might not have been able to feel his life slipping, but I could however tell when someone gets slashed by a blade. Sasuke seemed to notice this too, obviously.

         "What's up with you Tobi? He may be a kid but don't let your guard down," Deidara scolded. I stared straight at Tobi, looking for the wound Sasuke had just created.

         "Seriously, his Shunshin is too fast for us to deal with," Tobi commented, a small graze of a frown settled on my lips as I stared at him. Something was wrong, and I could feel it. Shrugging I leaned back in my comfy tree, no longer caring if he was some kind of healing freak as I had no right to judge.

         "Stand back Tobi," Deidara ordered, pulling out a bunch of little bombs, and Tobi attempted to do as he said but failed as Deidara threw them. Some landing near Tobi, who wailed in distress.

         "Senpai! Don't detonate them!" Tobi begged, trying to crawl away as a giant explosion boomed the forest. Sasuke appeared behind Deidara and slashed at him just as another explosion rang. Tobi held out his hand and started crying. "Senpai!!" Tobi sobbed. "He's a strict senpai but still a good one. I'll miss you Deidara-senpai."

         "Bro chill. He's not dead" I called out to the man, making him raise his head hopefully.

         "Quit whining, Tobi," Deidara ordered.

         "Oh you're alive?" Tobi said, his previous sadness forgotten completely. Deidara made a giant clay beast as Tobi walked forward. The whispers between the too I couldn't read. All I saw next was Tobi diving into the ground as if it was water and laying a bunch of land mines in before popping his head back out. "I'm done setting the land mines."

         Deidara threw a giant explosion at Sasuke making the dust pick up, smoking going into my lungs. When the smoke cleared Sasuke was in his level 2 phase of the curse seal. "You may go now, Tobi," Deidara ordered and Tobi nodded before I knew it he was next to me.

         "Can I sit here," he asked politely. I raised an eye brow and nodded.

         "You're are one strange kid these days," I commented, tauntingly. "What's it like being Deidara's bitch?"

         "Don't mock me," he said, his voice suddenly deeper in serious. It went to normal not even a second later. "Let's play 'I Spy' it's a fun game!"

         Freak.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 134 28
Sasuke is known to be the loner, the nerd that no one hangs out with, the one who gets bullied, the one who is barely acknowledged. But sasuke doesn'...
31K 1.3K 42
How much can a heart take before it bleeds out? How far can someone go until they shatter? In one night Uchiha Chiasa's entire world collapsed and sh...
181K 7K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
49.1K 2K 21
Naruto was known for giving his heart without shedding a single tear. Known as someone who ate his own heart for the one he loved. Sasuke came aroun...