How to Have a Heartbeat? (Boo...

By RulerOfCats

Ħɵω Ʈɵ Ħαʋε Д ĦεαяϮɓεαϮ [currently editing extensively!] Once I knew only darkness and stillness my life was... More

Chapter 1: A Stray Heartbeat
Chapter 2: Tsurigakure
Chapter 3: Four Tails
Chapter 4: First Betrayal
Chapter 5: Firsts
Chapter 7: The Begin Of Team Hebi
Chapter 8: Madara Uchiha
Chapter 9: Konoha's Betrayal
Extra::: Naruto Behind The Scenes # 3
Chapter 10: The Five Kages
Chapter 11: Team Seven Reunited
Chapter 12: A Broken Heartbeat
Chapter 13: The War Begins
Chapter 14: Rapture
Chapter 15: Sena & Madara
Extra::: A Shinobi Day Off
Extra::: Birthday Special
Extra::: Filler Ark
Extra::: A Blind Sasuke
Chapter 16: Kitsumori
Extra::: Another Birthday Special
Chapter 17: The Kumiko Name
Chapter 18: Agony
Extra::: Christmas Special
Chapter 19: New Perspective
Chapter 20: Madara & Sena
Extra::: Naruto Behind The Scenes # 4
Chapter 21: Reflection
Extra::: Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 22: Creepy Voice
Chapter 23: Two Heartbeats
Chapter 24: Heartless
Chapter 25: Spineless
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Bond
Chapter 28 : Enemies of War
Chapter 29 : Heartbeat
Chapter 30 : Decay
Chapter 31 : Time Doesn't Forget
Chapter 32: Dream
Extra::: Sena & Obito
Chapter 33: Story of Tragedy
Chapter 34: Ending of Tragedy
Afterward
Epilogue
Ninja Profile

Chapter 6: Platoons in the Water

3.7K 108 26
By RulerOfCats

"What am I going to do with you?

I have suggestions, but this might not be the place for them."

― Lora Leigh

         So I realized something about working under Orochimaru, besides how to never go outside and smell like the oddest concoction of disinfectant and ass.

         It was fucking boring.

         Is there alcohol here? I was even considering chugging the disinfectant at this point. Am I even allowed to drink alcohol and my job at the same time? Does Orochimaru have alcohol?

       A part of me actually began to miss Konoha... It was a small part, and I mostly missed the open bars, but still, memories.

         I am so tired from the North Base. For starters, I was fairly certain that most were actually derranged, hardly any were hot, and more than half would rather stab than talk. I love a good fight as much as the next sociopath, but every girl's got her limit and I was reaching the peak of mine.

         I already knew why I was on this mission. Orochimaru obviously already knew who the spy was. Logically, this was a test to see if I was willing to turn him over. It was a test of loyalty and morals. I was unsure I had either.

         "Sana-sama, are you okay? Am I permitted to leave now?" Nameless woman said, and I looked at her and sighed.

         "What's your name again," I asked, and she quickly bowed as if it was her fault for me not writing it down.

         "Mai-Ling," she answered, I nodded, bored as I wrote her name down next to her picture before shooing her away with my hand. She hurried out the door and I leaned back on my bed, the blankets sprawled over the floor. I had made renovations to this room days ago, and now it was brighter with Genjutsu; thusly making it somewhat prettier. It still felt like shit though. There was only so much I could do to get the smell of ass out from the walls.

         This place was depressingly dull.

         I looked up at a knock and gave a low, "What?" Although it sounded like a snap.

         "Um, you asked me to visit you yesterday," a male voice echoed through my ears.

         "Come in," I ordered, he did so and stood awkwardly in the middle of the room. He seemed to ignore the chair. I rolled my eyes. "Sit." He obeyed silently as I opened up a few pages, still laying down on the bed. I turned to his page where there was only a picture. "What's your name, boy?"

         "Akito."

         "Age?"

         "14."

         "They just keep getting younger," I mused, lifting myself up as my hair flew over my shoulder. "Now pretty boy, where are you from?"

         "I was born in the Sound," he answered, I blinked and looked him over. I could see the sparkle of nervousness in his eyes. I blinked and lifted myself from the bed, walking closer and lifting his chin up. The closer I got, the more I began to notice the signs. His pupils dilated and judging by the rigid way he was sitting, I could only conclude that he was either lying or in love with me.

         I shrugged, figuring it was probably both, considering the only people that could compare to my dashing good looks was Sasuke. More than that, Sasuke was a whiny little orphan, so it shouldn't be too hard to pick the better of the two. I ransacked all the memories to find a single interesting thing Sasuke had ever said and I came up short. Figures.

         "Oh dear," I said with a sigh, as if disappointed. "You're lying to me. How I hate liars..." I stated, and he shook his head furiously.

         "No, Sana-sama," he said. I roughly lifted his chin up to look me in the eyes when he tried to look away.

         "Lies," I said. "You do have all the signs. Your breathing changed the moment I asked where you were from. It was subtle and you caught yourself, but it changed. And look how still you are. Almost like a painting, so rigid and tense. And the way you shuffled your feet is as obvious as it is annoying." I dropped his chin roughly. "Don't worry, we're all friends here. You can trust me." I paused as if to think. "What could you be hiding that is so important that you'd feel the need to make me angry."

         He looked like he was about to stutter but shook his head instead, "I have told no lies."

         "I see...you're having trouble speaking as well...you also haven't blinked for 40 seconds..." I murmured, grabbing his hand and pulling it towards my face. "You have very nice hands. Perfect for doing Jutsu, are they not. Do you like Ninjutsu?"

         "Yes miss."

         I smiled, gentle as patted his cheek with my right hand as I crushed his fingers with my left, the bones shattering in my grasp. He screamed in pain clutching his now broken hand. A small smile lifted the corners of my lips.

         "Interrogation is an art form, all my teachers said so. It requires a finesse and patience to extract information, and even more so if used with manipulation and deceit." I tightened my hand against his brittle bones. "All my teachers said I lacked such patience. But you don't want to hear me ramble. You seem like the type to like it rough."

       The silence permeated the room in a bubble of his fear. My humor departed, drifting away until the tension grew palpable emotion.

        "Normally I'd take my time and say I'll crash every bone in your body," I pressed my lips to his ear. "Roughly." I felt him shiver against me. "But sadly, I'm rather short on time. So how but we make this quick."

      My smile disappeared as I bent back one of his fingers so it touched the back of his hand. "Aren't you flexible?" I did the same for the rest of his fingers before I grabbed his other hand. He was gasping for breath, and I paused.

         "Please stop. I...I'll tell you!" He screamed, clutching his broken hand to his chest. "I am really from the Sand, Orochimaru kidnapped my sister as to test on her. I only joined to get her back."

         "When was she taken?" I asked and he hissed in pain.

         "Six months ago," he answered.

         "Too late, she's dead. Orochimaru-sama doesn't keep test subjects for more than two months. Too bad," I said, sighing and sitting on the bed. I shooed him away. "You can go now. Like I said, your secrets are safe with me."

         He didn't need to be told twice as he ran out of the room.

         And as I looked down, I found myself looking down at the mess of blood, smeared across my floor. I sighed, rubbing my temples as I laid back down on my very uncomfortable bed that squeaked way too much.

         Now it smelled like ass and blood.

¥¥

         "Oh, I see," I murmured monotonously.

         "Orochimaru is not pleased with your work. You've managed to severely damage 87 different ninja," Kabuto scolded.

         "I'm sorry," I said, not sounding sorry in the least.

         "I feel like I'm talking to a child."

         "Sorry."

         "I don't know why Orochimaru keeps you around."

         "Sorry."

         "Say sorry one more time I dare you."

         "Weshino," I said monotonously, not looking up at him from the notebook of names.

         "Which in the language of the Mist village is...." Kabuto began and I smiled in return.

         "Sorry." I gave him a cheeky smile. "But in case your interested, I found the mole that's infested your ninjas."

         "You did?"

         "You sound so surprised...do you not trust me, Kabu-chan," I muttered, throwing the notebook at him. "Now will you leave. You smell like Orochimaru."

         "You insolent brat."

         "I'm only insolent to men who don't know how to treat royalty with respect, haven't you heard. It's Sana-sama," I said, a smirk decorating my lips. He snarled and began to walk out. "Don't worry, Kabuto-chan, you'll get over it soon and love me again." He scowled and slammed to door, leaving me in my lonesome.

¥¥

         Snakes suck...

         "So we're switching bases already?" I blankly asked, and Sasuke just blinked. "As in at this very second."

         "Pack your stuff," he ordered, turning to leave. I scowled.

         "What stuff, I packed light," I murmured picking up my bag of stuff as the Genjutsu on my room disappeared, showing its dull and boring grey.

         "Everyone else already left," Sasuke murmured walking out, I obediently followed.

         "Without me?"

         "You're lucky I didn't just leave you here," Sasuke replied simply. "Have you been drunk for days?"

        He kicked aside some bottles and I grinned. "Sorry, I would have invited you if I knew you were lonely." It didn't help that alcohol had a hard time affecting me, so in order to get drunk, I had to drink and drink and never stop.

        "You're intolerable."

        "Sweet of you to notice. How long will we be walking?" I asked, and he shrugged not answering. As soon as we were out of the base he stopped. "Oh, so we're going to do that cool teleportation thing, that's fun too." I paused for a little while. "But I have to ask, since you seem to be traveling rather obediently alongside Orochimaru...when exactly will you kill him?"

         He glanced at me, "What would you know about that, Sana?"

         "You'd be surprised what I'd know. Orochimaru is growing weak. The best time to strike would be now, so what exactly are you waiting for." I was mostly just curious for the sake of having one less enemy in the long run. Orochimaru was more of a threat to me than Sasuke. However, I suppose Sasuke's good looks were a threat to me for other reasons. "Or do you like being his lapdog bitch? Who knows, maybe you'll be the one to die." The manipulated idiot who barely knows when he's being manipulated.

         "And you'll stay out of my way from now to forever," he ordered, or threatened, I wasn't exactly sure.

         "Don't threaten me," I blankly replied, actually offended by his nerve. Before I knew it he had pinned me against the wall by my throat. The stone crumbling from behind me from pure force. I raised an eye brow, not effected in the least. Our eyes connected. "I'm starting to think you like touching me."

        And he paused, perhaps comparing his memories to me then to the ones for me now. I had no problem with saying he had a flirtatious relationship with the me of the past. It was subtle, but little Sana had a crush. Even so, it took a turn with me as I was now. I always liked the rough quality of men, and I had been told I bring that out of people. "I don't." He said this much too late, causing me to smile.

       "I like it when you touch me," I whispered this, and he dropped me making me land on my feet. I let out a laugh. "You know, I don't plan on stopping you with Orochimaru."

         "It was in your mission to kill me, wasn't it?" Sasuke asked, while I tilted my head to the side. "It'll end up the same as the pale idiot who tried last time. A failure."

         "I wouldn't be so sure. If I want you dead, then you'd be dead. It's as simple as that."

         "And if you truly wanted me dead, you'd be dead instead. It works both ways, Sana."

         I smiled at that, "Does it? Are you sure? Because from where I'm standing," I took a step closer. "It doesn't look like you have the stomach for it."

         He took a step closer, his lips drawing near my ear. "Then I'd stand somewhere else and look again."

         I leaned into his ear, my hands darting around his shoulder, "I'll stand wherever you like if you're there with me, Sasuke-kun."

¥¥

         I sighed, glancing around Orochimaru's room, which wasn't difficult to find I might add. You'd think he'd keep his private courters more, you know, hidden. I mean, I couldn't even count the amount of people who wanted to kill him. But I suppose death should be left for the pros.

         I knelt down to the ground, and in my hands a small throwing knife rested. I wasted no time stabbing it through my hand, leaving the blade inside. The feeling of metal going through solid bone wasn't a nice one and the pain only seemed to grow as I kept it inside. Sadly, a simple cut on the hand for blood just won't do justice with my Kekkei Genkai.

         I grimaced as I got on my back, sliding under his bed as I flicked my fingers on my other hands, my Chakra making a light blue hue so I could see into the darkness. I removed the blade and used my wounded hand to start drawing the symbols in my blood. It didn't take long, and after a couple minutes I finished the last seal.

         I knew that Sasuke could probably handle killing Orochimaru on his own, considering the Sannin was considerably weakened. I, however, liked to take no chances of the snake performing some scheme to get away from his imminent death. That would push my plans back at least a month, maybe longer depending on everything. I was also getting rather annoyed at his subtle attempts of him getting my blood. I think he thought of me as a backup plan, a back up body, if his attempt on Sasuke didn't go well. Also, Sasuke's strength was probably a plus in his attempt of bottling my abilities. Him being armless really took away his courage of turning me into his test bitch.

         I slid out from under the bed, finding my blood covering my chest. I swiftly wrapped my hand in a bandage, even though it had already healed.

         Dirtying my own hands wasn't something I was exactly used to, so I was a little annoyed at the prospect. But the seal should seal some of Orochimaru's Chakra the moment he so much as touches the bed. Considering the man's armless condition, I didn't see a very long wait in his future.

         I exited the room, my body passing through the stone, still feeling no Chakra anywhere near. I was barely walking for six minutes before Kabuto turned a corner and nearly ran into me.

         "You have blood on your cheek?" Kabuto asked, almost questioningly. I shrugged, wiping it off with the back of my bandaged hand.

         "That time of the month." I said, and watching with hidden amusement at his disgust.

         "You're gross."

         "Somewhere down halls, I lose all those fucks that I once gave," I said simply, walking away.

¥¥

         "You didn't kill any of them?" Asked Orochimaru before the pale man sighed at the sight of still alive Shinobi, whom of which Sasuke took out easily. "You're still too soft. You'll never be able to kill Itachi, if you can't kill your own emotions."

         "I won't show him mercy, even if he gets on his knees and begs for it," Sasuke said monotonously. I crossed my arms and snorted to myself. I couldn't see Itachi Uchiha begging anyone for anything.

         "Come on, Murderer-sama, there's still your training to be done," I spoke up for the first time since the fight began. Sasuke glared at me, which I only responded with a shrug. He should know by know that his glares don't mean shit to me.

       "You know, there's nothing wrong with admitting you don't like to kill," I reminded Sasuke as we left Orochimaru's side.

        "What do you know?" Sasuke told me, and I turned towards him. I took out my blade and held it up.

        "Trust me, I know. Take out your blade, let's see how far you've come." Sasuke only watched me for a moment in silence. I raised a brow, waiting for him to make a move. "Come on, don't tell me that you're scared."

         Before I could get much farther in my taunt, his Katana hit my sai blade, and I was forced to use both to fend him off and toss him back. I smirked, steadying my position with one foot behind the other. "Can you even wield a blade properly?" Sasuke stared at my stance, his brows raised.

        I let out a laugh. "Only time will see. Let's check how much you've grown while you've been slumming it with the need for revenge."

        Our blades clashed again, but I wasn't forced back as I fended off his attacks. He was fast, much faster than I expected, but not nearly as fast as me. I ducked low under his blade, swiping his arm with my elbow and using my second sai blade to trap his katana in the curve of the yoku prongs. I moved the second sai blade quick enough so the tip of the blade rested under his chin and just over his throat.

       "That was sloppy," I told him, noticing his stunned expression. "You need to learn to defend against all weapons. You're too arrogant, so you underestimated me."

        His gaze was intense, if not too hot, against my own eyes. If I were more shy a woman, I might have looked away. "It won't happen again," he whispered my way, and I felt my skin grow hot.

¥¥

         "Orochimaru-sama, you called," I said bowing in respect to the suffering Orochimaru. At this moment, since his soul arms had been ripped out, he was in deep pain. This was new to me, as I had never heard of someone's very souls being ripped out from the arms alone. That didn't even make sense, but this a big world. I suppose someone else's Jutsu would have to surprise me eventually. "Would you like me to bring you some medicine, or get Kabuto?" Or a pillow to suffocate yourself with?

         "Get me Sasuke," he ordered, and I blinked already knowing what that would mean.

         "I will happily do-" I cut myself off moving to the side as elementally recomposed Chakra came pounding to the wall into Orochimaru. I turned my head to scowl at Sasuke who was to busy focusing on something else that had nothing to do with the power that could have cut me to pieces. "Alright, first of all, rude. Second of all, kiss my ass." I didn't even bother waiting for a reply as I began to walk towards the door, ignoring the hole that he made in the room.

         "So it came down to this after all," said Orochimaru.

         "There's nothing left for you to teach me, looks like I'll be able to be cold hearted in front of you," Sasuke answered. I sighed and walked towards the door. It ripped off the hinges as I touched it, obviously from Sasuke's blast of Chakra. I scowled.

         "Have a fun fight," I said waving and running out just as the fight began, and just as Sasuke's tattoo curse mark started to take over his body. Which, all things considered, was probably unnecessary for this fight. If I had my way, I would like it if Sasuke's soul arms were ripped out to. That way, they could be on even ground and kill each other. It would obviously be bad for the future, which required Sasuke to live, but I suppose that it would make me feel a little better.

         All I could hear now were screams of, "Come Sasuke-kun give me your body!" And I found myself laughing, despite the situation.

         I leaned my back against the wall, my arms crossed over my chest and vibrations shook the base. Kabuto came rushing down the hall. I sighed and stood in front of him.

         "I'm afraid I can't let you pass," I said.

         "I knew you were a traitor, always working for Danzo's schemes," Kabuto hissed, I shrugged, not able to deny the traitor part, although Danzo's schemes was far from my mind. Were they even really considered schemes at this point?

         "Orders are orders. I am grateful to Sasuke. Now I don't have to do this by myself, as that would have been difficult. As you have attested, I am quite lazy," I explained and the silver haired man smirked at me.

         "There's no way Sasuke will survive against Orochimaru-sama," Kabuto said. I shook my head.

         "I don't care, if Sasuke is the loser, I will take my chance and kill the snake while he's weak. Same with if Sasuke is the winner. Either way, they will both be dead by the end of the night," I said simply as another tremor erupted the base before silence. I smiled, "It looks like it's over, let's see who the victor is."

         Sasuke came out, seemingly fine. Kabuto was the first one to speak.

         "Which one are you?" Kabuto asked, Sasuke paused from walking.

         The raven haired boy turned towards the silvered haired ninja, trapping him in his Sharingan's gaze, "Which one do you think?"

         "Orochimaru-sama is dead..." Kabuto said after a little while. "Wait it's more like-"

         "I've taken over," Sasuke answered, before he began to walk off. "Sana, come."

         "Did you just order me?" I asked, walking after him.

         "Did you just obey?" He retorted and I paused for a second before sticking my tongue out at the boy.

         "I am disappointed, I was hoping that you would at least be weakened, and then I could kill you," I said with a shrug and a sigh. He glanced at me before give a half smile.

         "Then why don't you come with me, help me find Itachi, then make your move to kill me after that battle," he suggested. Killing him was not worth the trouble, so I ignored that comment.

         "You're going to collect a team?"

         "Yes," he answered. "I want you to be the first one on it."

         "You want someone who will try and kill you when your vulnerable?" I questioned blankly, and he smirked. I'm really going along with the whole 'kill you' game then?

         "You're usefulness is highly needed, you know a lot about the Akatsuki don't you," he said back, and this caused my smile to widen. I had a feeling he was also calling my bluff about killing him, but this didn't bother me since most acts of lying didn't really interest me.

         "And how did you know that," I asked, not getting an answer.

         "Whether you are trying to kill me or not doesn't matter. Whether you're my enemy or ally is irrelevant to your usefulness," he said simply.

         "I see, so who's next?"

         "Shouldn't you already know that?"

         We stopped at a lab for a specific test subject. I smiled a bit to myself before speaking, "Suigetsu... Of course. I suppose he's not so bad. A bit short tempered and sarcastic, but he'll do I guess."

         "I thought that was you. Did you actually defeat Orochimaru then?" Suigetsu asked as Sasuke took out his katana.

         "Yeah, forget that though. Lets get you out of here," said Sasuke, slashing the test tubes and cage that held the silver haired boy who reminded me of a shark.

         "Finally, thanks, Sasuke," the silver haired boy said, taking his time getting out of the water that used to trap him. I couldn't help but notice he was naked. My eyes trailed downward. "And Sana, figures." He merely smirked when he saw where I was looking.

         "We'll take care you you first. Come with me," Sasuke ordered. I sighed and walked around looking for clothes.

         "I'm second I see, who are the rest," the shark boy asked.

         "Two left, I am taking Juugo from the North Base, and Karin from the South Base," Sasuke said I looked over with a scowl.

         "Ew..." I murmured. "I have to travel with Juugo...."

         "Oh really?" Suigetsu asked and Sasuke looked at him.

         "What?" He asked.

         "Oh dear, I really don't like those two at all. I don't think I can get along with them," Suigetsu said as he started to lift himself up. I looked back at his lower areas unable to resist.

         "No need for you to get along especially well, just work with them," said Sasuke.

         "Well you did save me, I suppose I can work with them for a little while," Suigetsu grinned. "Although I don't know what made you choose those two... However," his eyes trailed to me. "I don't mind Sana, I'll enjoy it."

         A small smirk fell to my lips but I said nothing. I had met Suigetsu during Orochimaru's task of weeding out the spy in the bases. I had to skip Juugo and a few others for their violent actions. I personally thought the act of me being allowed to speak to everyone was reckless on Orochimaru's part, and figured a good part of his intelligence must have been in his arms.

         "Oh just stop blabbering. Put some clothes on and lets go," Sasuke ordered, making Suigetsu grin again.

         "Haha, you really do talk like you're in charge," Suigetsu sheepishly laughed, appearing behind Sasuke, putting his finger to the raven haired boy's head. "But let's make our relationship clear, shall we. Just because you defeated Orochimaru doesn't put you in charge here. Everyone was after him, someone would have taken him out sooner or later... Orochimaru liked you, otherwise you'd be locked up, not by his side. You simply had more chances to kill him than the rest of us."

         "Your point?" Sasuke questioned.

         "Right now I have the advantage," Suigetsu answered, Suigetsu laughed and removed his hand. "Haha, just kidding. Your heart didn't skip a beat at all. It really wasn't just a fluke that you beat him... That's reassuring. I've heard that you were strong quite some time ago. In fact you and Sana were in the team that defeated my senior Momochi Zabuza, weren't you."

         I couldn't remember who he was talking about. I ransacked the memories for the battle and came up with vague glimpses of a past that wasn't quite mine.

         "I'll go with you," said Suigetsu. "Before getting the other two, I have a little detour I'd like to take, if you don't mind."

         "Shut up and put some clothes on, you mermaid freak," I said, throwing clothes at him. He grinned at the nickname as he caught them.

¥¥

         I couldn't remember the mission at all, so to make up from my lack of familiarity with Zabuza, I decided to be a bitch instead. That came natural for me anyway. Sifting through memories that were not mine were not easy, and I missed this one completely. My other self was not nearly as forthcoming with memories anymore, and she had created a wall that I couldn't bypass. At the very least, I couldn't get to them with ease. It would require meditation and concentration, both of which did not come easily when Sasuke was the leader. This was another reason my bitch attitude heightened.

        "What's wrong? Getting sentimental?" I asked Sasuke, and he scowled towards me as he stared at what I could only assume was the 'Great Naruto Bridge' or some shit.

       "Drown yourself," he told me as he went back to brooding.

        "You first," I replied.

         "What's up Sasuke? You seem a bit more moody than usual," Suigetsu said, but Sasuke didn't answer.

         "Best not to bother him. Come on," I whispered, putting my arm into his and pulling him forward. We walked across the bridge slowly, the only sound was the waves crashing against the rocks. I grinned at Suigetsu. "Why don't you go for a swim down there mermaid boy and catch us lunch?"

         "Very funny," he said with a scowl.

         "It's right here," said Sasuke stopping at Zabuza and Haku's grave. I cocked my head to the side as Suigetsu pulled the giant blade from the ground.

         "I'm amazed it's somewhere like this," the silver haired shark said.

         "I'm amazed nobody's stolen it. Are you sure it's actually valuable?" I murmured, crossing my arms as Suigetsu took his time to look at the sword before even touching it.

        "This is the most valuble sword you've ever seen," Suigetsu retorted.

        "I doubt that. I have one encrusted with diamonds at home."

        "Why would you ruin a blade like that?"

        "Oh, don't worry, it can still stab into your flesh as well as any other. Now, hurry your ass up. I'm freezing."

         "Don't rush my moment," he whispered, staring down at the blade as if it were his new child. "Heh, Zabuza-senpai, this is mine now," Suigetsu murmured to himself lifting the sword from the ground. "It's heavy. The great beheading sword of the Demon Zabuza of the Village of Bloody Mist."

         "You think you can handle it yourself?" Sasuke questioned, and even in a monotone, his statement was insulting.

         "The sword of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist are passed down from generation to generation. I started my training hoping to be one of those so I might even be able to beat you with this. Anyway, if you are planning to recruit Juugo, I think this might come in useful," said Suigetsu.

         "Wow, it can do all that? What about Kisame? Will it come in handy against that blade?" I said, and the silver haired boy scowled.

         "You talk a lot of shit for someone I've never seen fight." Suigetsu's voice held a challenge in its midst, and I straightened my back.

       "Oh you can't handle any of this. Come on, raise your blade, I'll fuck you up right now." I had already began to reach for my Sai blades when I felt Sasuke place his palm flat against my back. It fit perfectly in between my shoulder blades, and his touch sent a chill up my spine.

        "Reschedule that," Sasuke said, his voice low as he dropped his hand. "We have more recruitments to do."

         "You got lucky, shark teeth," I said to Suigetsu who only grinned. "Let's go for the nearest one," I said, and he nodded. "Karin it is. She's very loyal to Orochimaru. I recommend some light flirting on your part, Sasuke."

       "No."

        "Wow, I'm starting to doubt your commitment to the team. Don't tell me you don't know how to flirt?" I made eye contact with Suigetsu, who almost immediately looked excited to hop on board the 'make fun of Sasuke' bandwagon.

       "You just gotta bat those pretty eyes of yours," Suigetsu chimed, and I had to turn my cheek to stop from laughing.

        "Oh, and be sure to use her name often. You gotta show her that you remember it. Girls love that," I added, and had I been more prone to a permanent method of death, I might have been afraid when Sasuke stopped walking.

       "Well, no matter what you do, I'm sure, Karin is down." Suigetsu was quick to defend himself from impending harm.

       "Yeah. You got all the right package. You just gotta look her in the eyes at this point and she's yours."

       "Stop. Talking."

                                                                          ¥¥

         "Mind if I ask you something?" Suigetsu asked, walking carefully on the water.

         "Make sure it's not about how to pick up women. He did not care for that," I reminded Suigetsu with a splash of water and a laugh that was not amusing for Sasuke.

         "Go for it," said Sasuke.

         "Why are you rounding people up?" Suigetsu asked.

         "I've got a certain plan I need to carry out. One that can be accomplished more efficiently with a full platoon," said Sasuke.

         "Platoon? Are we at sea or something? Shit Sasuke. You need to lighten--" I stopped talking when I noticed his scowl.

         "So why me?" Suigetsu asked.

         "I've been planning for this ever since I came to Orochimaru. I picked you all out a long time ago. Despite the new arrival," he sent me a glance that shouted at his regret. "Everything was all planned out."

         "Please. You should be grateful," I muttered.

         "So why Karin? She's totally devoted to Orochimaru unlike us. She'd be the last person I'd go after if I were you. She and I were both experimented on a lot. Plus she's got a shitty attitude," said Suigetsu.

       "I want to disagree, for the sake of being difficult, but seriously that true. I don't usually throw out the word 'bitch' easily, but man, what a bitch," I said with a nod of approval from Suigetsu.

       "I don't think I've ever heard her say a single pleasant comment," Suigetsu agreed. Still, I'd prefer to Karin to Juugo, any day.

         "I'll admit there are plenty of strong Shinobi that I could've recruited easily, but she's got unique abilities. I need her," Sasuke answered.

         "She is unique, I'll give her that," said Suigetsu. The South Base getting closer. I jumped up in the water.

         "Keep doing that, and I'll drown you in it," said Sasuke, closing his eyes.

         "Fight me," I said with a sneer, kicking water to splash him, which he dodged by moving faster than I could blink.

         When we got inside the north base the jail cells were filled with the prisoners. All wearing pure white. Their Chakra no doubt drained, a daily task for prisoners. A few looked at Sasuke as we passed by them.

         "Hey, that's Uchiha Sasuke!"

         "What's he doing here?"

         "Wait Orochimaru's not with him, the rumor must be true!"

         "Yeah, yeah! He defeated Orochimaru and came to free us!"

         "Get real you dope, there's no way Orochimaru is dead."

         We stopped walking as a red head stopped in front of us. I sighed when she started speaking, "So you're alone Sasuke. Then it's true."

         "What am I, chopped liver?" Suigetsu hissed, offended. I chuckled. "She ignored you too."

         "So?" I answered blankly. "My self worth is not based on anyone else."

         "Sasuke's got a proposition for your. Can you take us to a room or something? I haven't walked in forever and I'm too tired to stand around while you talk," said Suigetsu, and the girl complied leading us to a room with a single couch. Sasuke sat down first, then Suigetsu, and I took the seat on the armrest.

         "Come with me, Karin. I need you," Sasuke ordered, and I laughed.

         "Looks like you have been listening to my flirting tips. Ease into it next time." Sasuke gave me a glare as I said that, but other than that I was ignored.

         "Huh? Why should I go anywhere? I'm in charge of this place!" Karin exclaimed.

         "Orochimaru's out of the picture now," said Sasuke.

         "What're you gonna do with all the captives?" Karin asked.

         "Sana, Suigetsu, go free all the prisoners," Sasuke ordered, and this caused me to raise a brow at the tone that suggested I was his lap dog. Since outright disobedience wasn't my style, I began to brainstorm another method of revenge.

         "Wha-?" Karin said.

         "Heh, still acting like the boss, eh," Suigetsu commented, lifting himself up. I made no move so the silver haired boy looked at me. "You coming?"

         "I want to at least have a please at the end of that sentence," I said blankly, but Sasuke only sighed.

         "Now," he scowled, but all emotion was whipped clean a second later.

         "You'll regret that, but fine," I said lifting myself up.

         "Don't you dare!" Karin hissed, stopping Suigetsu from moving but I still walked slowly out the door.

         "There's no more reason to keep them around. What would you do with them?" Sasuke asked. Suigetsu started walking again.

         "Why don't we just kill them then," I asked.

         "I still refuse! I'm not under any obligation to follow your orders, you know!" Karin yelled and I paused before sighing.

        I turned back towards Sasuke, leaning over and smirking towards Karin. She obviously did not like how close I had gotten, but she especially didn't like that Sasuke didn't push me away. The jealous rise burned her, and that made me more than a little satisfied. "Remember to bat those pretty lashes, handsome," I whispered into Sasuke's ear. He had stiffened under my touch, his skin hot under my fingertips that rested against his neck. Due to my experience with men, I was satisfied with the rise I got from him.

         "Fine," Sasuke said, just a beat too late. He sent me a scowl, as if telling me to back off. I did, smiling one last time towards a fuming Karin before turning back towards Suigetsu. "If you feel that strongly, I'll get someone else."

        "What was that?" Suigetsu asked as we headed towards the prisoner's cells.

       "Girls like Karin hate competition. She'll take the bait just to spite me at this point," I answered with a shrug.

       "I really hate her voice," Suigetsu said, causing me to smile.

        "I like her. She's feisty. Totally my type," I said, as we turned another corner.

       "I feel like no person alive could comprehend your sexual preference," Suigetsu retorted.

        "What can I say? I love beauty," I said, finally approaching the prisoner's cell.

         "So what we heard about Uchiha Sasuke taking Orochimaru down was true?" Asked a prisoner.

         "Sure was," Suigetsu replied.

         "What's gonna happen to us?" Asked the prisoner.

         "Gods they stink. At this point, death would be a mercy, don't you all agree?" I asked and they backed away from the cage fearfully. Suigetsu smirked.

         "You get set free," he said.

         "You mean it?!"

         "Yep, look at me. I'm free aren't I?" Suigetsu asked. "Before I let you out, I need you guys to promise me something."

         "Anything!"

         "You name it!"

         "When you go home, spread the word. Tell everyone, 'Uchiha Sasuke killed Orochimaru and set us free' and that 'he's here to bring peace and safety to the whole world'," Suigetsu explained I grabbed the lock about to break it.

         "Tell everyone that he's gay too," I ordered, and Suigetsu chuckled.

         "If that gets back to him you're taking blame for it," Suigetsu commented and I smiled.

         "I wouldn't want it any other way," I said, breaking the lock completely. I looked over at the sound of the door closing shut and locking to where Sasuke and Karin were. I grinned. "I-Is she trying to seduce him? That little vixen."

         "I wouldn't doubt it. Are you jealous? I thought you and him were together," he asked, and I grinned shaking my head.

         "Not in the least. Don't you know my heart belongs to only you?" I answered as all the prisoners rushed out. Suigetsu grabbed my hands, bringing me closer.

         "How could I have forgotten my love," he said, dramatically. "But woe is me, my heart is taken."

         "I hope you and Karin will be happy with each other. Someday, I hope to find a lover as kind as you, last I fear I shall die a widow," I said, just as dramatically and he dropped my hands.

         "Too far Sana," he said, seriously. I covered my smile as I glanced towards the shut door that Sasuke and Karin had been in.

       "You think? It's a common saying that those who hate each other are actually showing signs of physical attraction. You've never pictured it?" I asked with a sly smile at Suigetsu's grimace.

       "I'd rather commit seppuku."

        "I think she'd rather you do that too. So, wanna go spy on them?"

         "Yeah," Suigetsu said, we pressed our ears against the door. I chuckled.

         "She took off her glasses, she's sitting on the couch," I said.

         "How can you tell," he asked.

         "Shh," I whispered.

         "If you reeeeaaalyy need me, I'll go with you," said Karin.

         "What brought that one? You changed your mind pretty quickly," said Sasuke.

         "I wonder if they'll have sex? Whatever will happen to your true love then?" I asked and he frowned, looking genuinely disgusted.

         "Fuck you Sana," he answered and I smirked, pressing my ear closer to the door. I already knew that Sasuke and Karin would never happen, but it would be an interesting thing to talk about... and hear...and tell Obito later.

         "I was just thinking how tired I am of standing guard over this place," she said seductively.

         "Would you back off?" Sasuke order. Meanwhile from my place behind the door, I was clutching onto Suigetsu's arm in laughter. He, being unable to hear as well as I could, stared down at me in bemusement.

         "What happened?" Suigetsu asked curiously.

         "He asked her to back off," I laughed into his chest, before quickly moving my head to the door again. The whispering continued.

         "We don't have to take stupid Suigetsu or Sana the skank, either. All we need is each-other," Karin suggested.

         "She called you stupid and me a skank," I muttered, a grin taking over my face. "She's trying to convince him not to have us come along."

         "That bitch," Suigetsu said, raising his sword.

         "Nah, it's a pretty fair assessment," I informed him, but it was too late to change his mind as he slashed the door open. I pouted in discontent.

         "Let's go Sasuke, Karin clearly doesn't wanna come along?" Suigetsu said, and I sighed defeated.

         "No she doesn't want us to come along, there's a difference," I said and the girl glared at the two of us. "But, what would I know, right Karin? I mean, obviously my skank nature doesn't allow me to think rationally. Let's just all have a friendly orgy instead." Karin at least had the sense to flush under my provocation.

         "Actually, she changed her mind," Sasuke said, choosing to ignore my only half mocking suggestion of an orgy.

         Karin put her glasses on with a bright blush, "I-I did not! I just, uh, I need to... I'm headed in the same direction you three are! Purely coincidence."

         "You're gonna be with us for a little while I guess," said Suigetsu.

         "Only a little while!" Karin exclaimed.

         "Lucky us," I said with a smile. "Let's go get Juugo then."

         "Juugo! You're gonna take him along too!" Karin yelled. I wasn't happy about it either.

         "What do you care? You're only gonna be with us for a little while, remember?" Suigetsu said, walking out the door. Karin following.

         "Yeah that's right! So what?" Karin said, defending her pride.

         I turned to grin at Sasuke, "Did she get to feel you up a little? See, I told you. Just gotta do a bit of harmless flirting and she would pounce."

         "Shut up," Sasuke said, with a small smirk walking out the door. I followed, noticing he didn't say no.

¥¥

         "Aw man, more walking?" Karin complained.

         "Why don't you have one of the guys carry you?" I suggested and Karin looked at Sasuke suggestively, but he ignored her.

         "Hmph, you know if we go to the North Hideout we'll be dead the second we go in," Karin said.

         "I've only seen it on maps, is it really that dangerous?" Suigetsu asked while I laughed.

         "I'm sorry, have you met Juugo?" I grinned.

         "The North Hideout is no ordinary place," said Karin. "That place was the main site for human experimentation. It's nothing but a nest of horrible and unnatural monster."

         Suigetsu sat down and began to drink from his little sippy cup thing of water or alcohol... I smiled and sat down next to him.

         "Aren't you guys tired yet, let's take a break," said Suigetsu.

         "I'm always up for a break," I cheered, and in the blink of an eye I was on a higher rock and laying down.

         "You guys are so lazy! The North Hideout is still a long ways away!" Karin yelled

         "Weren't you just complaining that you were tired?" I asked, and she blushed.

         "I thought you were headed somewhere else? Why don't you just leave, I've got enough crap to deal with," said Suigetsu. Like what?

         "I- I just remembered, I have business there too! It happens to be on the way!" Karin defended.

         "Riiighht," I murmured, covering my eyes from the sun.

         "Why are you with Sasuke, Suigetsu?" Karin asked.

         "I could ask you the same question. But if you really wanna know. I have plans of my own, and I need Sasuke's help," Suigetsu answered.

         "And you Sana?" Karin asked.

         "The heart wants what the heart wants." I said seriously.

         "Really?" She asked and I scoffed

         "Sure," I sarcastically said. "Also, none of your business."

         "I don't know what you three are trying to accomplish, but apparently you need Juugo to do it?" Karin asked. Sasuke sat down on a small rock next to Suigetsu, surprisingly not complaining about being forced to rest.

         "Kinda, I had to fight Juugo a while back. He's got some cool abilities and he's really strong. I don't really like him though. I could never tell what he was thinking," said Suigetsu.

         "I heard he came to Orochimaru of his own will, which says a lot about how crazy he was," Suigetsu said and I laughed while glancing towards Sasuke, who in turn gave me a glare.

       "Yeah, who would choose that?" I said with a sarcastic and pointed glance.

         "Well think about it. Why would he go to Orochimaru on his own?" Karin asked

         "I dunno, because he's a dumbass," Suigetsu commented and I laughed again. I could practically feel the radiated annoyance of the raven haired bitch by now.

         "He wanted a cure. He thought of Orochimaru's hideout as a clinic. He was just like a junkie, totally unable to beat the problem himself," Karin explained. "He wanted to suppress his wild urges to kill."

         "Heh, so he's a nutjob who got off on killing people?" Suigetsu asked.

         After that Karin started talking about how Juugo was the source of the curse mark, which was news to me. I had never been too interested in Orochimaru's more deadly experiments.

       "Hey Karin, how do you like being in Sasuke's platoon?" I commented offhandedly, but narrowly missed the canteen of water tossed at my head. "Wow, rude. I was complimenting it. We should learn a new march too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 440 20
Trust me and read ♡︎ sorry i'm bad at writing descriptions ;( #1 in readerxsasuke #2 in ninjalove #2 in sasukeromance #4 in sasukefanfic #62 in sasuk...
36.6K 1.9K 37
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
4.9K 192 37
Avurin Okita refuses to return to Konoha. They did nothing for her when she begged to be removed from her abusive team. After being left for dead dur...
23K 534 11
© SQUISHYMINNIE | for Itachi Uchiha ❦ - It's been years since (Y/N) last step foot on Konoha Village due to a mission she was intrusted with by the 3...