Finding Hayes - boyxboy

By Unwitting

My name is Toddy Rhodes, I had just begun my first year at St.Galby's school for boys, which is in France, aw... More

Ch.1: Privacy
Ch.2: Him
Ch.3: The girlfriend
Ch.4.5: H's thoughts
Ch.5: Paris
Ch.6: Surprise
Ch.7: Fluorescent Adolescent

Ch.4: Just friends

1.1K 28 4
By Unwitting

Part IV

"Once you had put all the pieces back together even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same."

- Jodi Picoult

*

(unedited)
Todd's POV:

I awoke to the sunlight shining through the curtains of Hayes' room. I noticed the room had the complete same layout as my room, except everything was the opposite, the bathroom was on the right, while the door was also, I liked this concept of sunlight, I purposely didn't get any sunlight in my room, due to the fact I had my dad arrange my room which is over the top.

I didn't notice something that wasn't bothering me, until I caught a look at Hayes.

His arm was locked around my waist, this made me unaware of how I was truly feeling, but I couldn't help but stare at his face. I noticed how many beauty marks he had on his face (which I was being a complete creeper and counted them all.) also how he didn't have anything pimples or acne reflecting off of his face, I wondered which face wash he used.

I suddenly felt my bladder about to burst, I had zoned out my other feelings except for admiration for him, which concluded that I was thinking callously about Hayes' feelings.

I lifted his arm, and softly let it down. I got off the bed and  made silent steps towards his bathroom and closed the door behind me. I had used his toilet and splashed my face with cold water, hopefully that made me more energized than I already was.

I felt my sloppy body hang under me, while I attempted to leave Hayes' room, and get to making breakfast this morning. It was quite early for my second day here, but I had an hour to kill, before I had to assign my classes for this semester.

So I made my way towards the kitchen, and dug through the refrigerator, finding what I could find I ended up grabbing a package of bacon and eggs, and also oranges that I've already juiced and chilled in the refrigerator.

Just as I was about to the turn on the oven to begin cooking, I was interrupted by a familiar boy with rosy cheeks.

"...Sam," I spoke, "What're you doing here?"

"I thought I would stop by, and go with you to get your classes assigned."

"Oh, well we still have about an hour left to waste," I fixed my shirt, "do you want some breakfast?"

"No thank you, I've already ate."

He sits on the stool, by the island.

"Do you have any family back in America?"

"Yeah, I have my mother and my father, and a pair of twin sisters," I smiled,

"Any girlfriends?"

"Girlfriends? I'm not really into girls," I rub my arm nervously.

"Oh," Was the last thing he said, I knew it bothered him, but I didn't bring the subject up again.

For the past hour, we talked and I continued to cook, and I learned that Aaron doesn't eat anything other than what Jack prepares for him, I found that pretty cute, even if they are somewhat straight.

So Jack made Aaron a salad, while he grabbed Jack a plate of eggs and bacon, I wasn't in the mood for breakfast so I had a cup of orange juice and walked
towards my room to choose my outfit for today.

I hadn't unpacked just yet, so I unzipped my suitcase, and threw all my clothes onto my bed, I grabbed whatever and changed within a few seconds. I couldn't wait to find out what classes were available this semester, I wanted to take Mathematics, Biology, History, English and Creative writing, I wasn't highly intelligent, but I did get good grades back home, but I'm also in the English's honours class, which took a lot of all nighters and a lot of studying.

Me and Misty celebrated by having a Twilight movie marathon and who could eat the most pizza slices, and you know me, being the pig that I am, won.

I chuckled at the flashbacks that were invading my mind, and went to fix my hair before I left with Sam.

I figured I would go with a bed head look, I wasn't very keen on the idea of caring what others think, I wouldn't before, and I wouldn't start now.

So I slipped on my vans, and give Sam a hand gesture signalling that we would be leaving. I grasped the door handle and opened it letting the fresh air into the house.

On the way to the office, we didn't talk but lightly verbose about the things that we were happy about, which were things like, meeting new students, and choosing our studies. I somehow grew to like Sam, but he wasn't Hayes.

I eventually talked to the vice principal, Mr. Jade about changing my classes for more advance classes, he agreed and made changes to my schedule. With that I promptly left the office and waited in the hallway for Sam, I didn't know whether he was smart or not, but he wanted to join me in my classes. I found that gullible and cute. He then appeared beside me, nodding his head that he had their approval.

I suggested if we could go into Paris for a bit of back to school shopping since I didn't get to while I was back home. Sam didn't like the idea, because it was against the "rules" but I didn't let that bother me, so I pressed into the subject and decided that if he didn't want to come, I'd go by myself, I wasn't going to let no boy control me, not anymore.

So we walked back to the unit silently, the awkwardness was slowly killing me, I wasn't a bad person intentionally, but I wanted to do things that were adventurous and lively, instead of being some loner. But through the madness of it all, I wanted to be two people. For myself and for a better life.

I walked the twenty stairs that led to upstairs, and forced my legs to walk the another few steps to my room, I then threw off my clothes, and decided to take a quick shower.
Once I was finished, I dried off and chose my outfit for today, I chose, black jeans, a twenty one pilots tee, and a green cargo sweater, since the weather looked cloudy.

I grabbed my phone from my used sweats that were laying of the floor, and began to look through tumblr ignoring the fact that Sam was waiting for me downstairs.

"Hey..." Hayes' voice leaked through the door,

"Come in," I replied,

"Sam wanted me to go get you," he glides on the subject, "what's this I hear about going to town?"

"Umm, nothing," I cover my smirk,

"You plan to do something scandalous, and not invite me?"

"I thought you were a goody two shoes."

"Psh, let's go be adventurous, and I'll politely invite myself."

"The bus doesn't leave until 3, so we have about 2 hours to kill."

"We have the school car."

"A vehicle?"

"Yeah, that's what being the lacrosse captain gets you," he smiled, "it opens new doors."

"So you want to drive?"

"Yup, let's go get the keys."

He walked back towards the living room, waiting for me, I quickly ask Sam whether he would be tagging along or not, he replied with a nod.

We followed Hayes out the door, and over to the main office once again.

He grabbed the keys from the secretary, and said that we would have to walk back to the units' garage.

When we were finally in the convertible, I swear I felt a million things all at once. We were having fun, and it was regular rather than ordinary, we didn't keep up any facades. Hayes and Sam knew each other and I learned that they were good friends, so I wouldn't have to connect them.

Hayes and Sam began to talk about the upcoming dance that started off the school year. A school called Catherine's school for girls would be spending the weekend here preparing for the dance. I eventually asked both Hayes and Sam who would they take to the dance. Hayes said that he wouldn't go, while Sam said something completely different than I had in mind, "Do you want to go with me?"

(Author's note: I apologize again for taking my time writing this chapter, I was so completely busy, (procrastinating) with school (I have loads of homework, because I rarely go, except to grab my weekly assignments) but I have a lot of ideas that I'd like to test out in this story, so please be patient with me. And I'm sorry I think my writings changing. And there's a picture of Sam.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596 68 18
A group of friends who've been together all their life. Now their dating each other!! Is one of them straight or gay? It will be drama, tears and a l...
2K 316 42
When you lose someone who is your entire universe, it hits you. All the chances you didn't take, all the things you didn't say. Because the truth is...
66.1K 1.1K 37
My name is Kaylee, and at this point I'm adopted by the Grier's, as in Nash's family. Until my mom gets out of rehab for being a alcoholic. I'm okay...
1.3K 10 22
I COULDNT COME UP WITH A TITLE. Danni-grace Waters, A 14 year old Goes to Her Aunt's in Greensboro Because she's out of School for two weeks. When sh...