A Meister's Curse (A Soul Eat...

By May5696

Luna, a meister, and her twin weapons, Drake and Drew travel to Death City at the request of Lord Death himse... More

Luna
Drake and Drew
1-Welcome To Death City
2-Checking Out The City
3-A Familiar Face
4-First Day At The DWMA
5-Luna vs Blackstar
6-Mission With Kid
7-Training And Hanging Out
8-New Power, New Home
9-One Thing After Another
10-The Truth
11-The New Luna
12-Feelings
13-Under The Sea
14-Just Admit It
15-Battle With The Wolf Witch
17-Dance
18-A Day Of Shopping
19-Halloween
20-Abandoned City
21-End Of The Owl Witch
22-Fun Day With Embarrassing Moments
23-Just A Bundle Of Joy
24-Arctic Mission Part 1
25-Arctic Mission Part 2
26-An Old Friend Or A New Foe?
27-What A Pest!
28-Forgiveness
29-Princess?! Part 1
30-Princess?! Part 2
31-Princess?! Part 3
32-A Fitting End

16-Sleepover

802 24 13
By May5696

After a couple of days in the infirmary, Naigus allowed me to go home. She told me to just take it easy until my wounds were healed up.

The pain in my side was the worst, along with my leg, which caused me to limp when I walked. Kid, the twins, Liz, and Patty helped me back to Gallows Mansion.

Lord Death told me it was okay for me to miss classes until I got well enough to move around freely.

Back at Gallows Mansion, Liz and Patty helped me to the bathroom so I could change. I wore black shorts and a short, sleeveless, white shirt.

I wore something simple that left my injuries uncovered so I could freely change the bandages. I stayed home while the others went to the DWMA.

It was pretty boring since I couldn't do much in my injured state. I laid on my bed, listening to music on my mp3 player. Enjoying the music, I began singing along.

My door was open and being home alone, I turned the music up. I sung along with my favorite songs, not caring how loud I was since no one else was home anyway.

Kid's pov

I left the academy early today so I could go home and check on Luna. Entering the mansion, I was immediately greeted by what sounded like music coming from upstairs.

I made my way upstairs as the music got louder. Following it to Luna's room, I could hear her voice singing along with the music.

I didn't know she could sing, she's actually pretty good. I slowly entered the open doorway watching as Luna jumped in surprise and turned off her music.

I could see her face turn red out of embarrassment. "K-Kid, what are doing home?!"

"I left early to make sure you were okay. You've got a pretty voice."

"T-Thanks."

She averted her gaze from me. That's when I noticed that her bandages had some slight blood stains on them. Naigus did say to frequently wash the wounds and change the bandages.

I approached her with a smile. "Come on, why don't we get you some clean bandages."

She nodded and struggled to her feat. "Okay."

I wrapped my arm around her and helped her to the bathroom. I'll be glad when her leg is better at least so she can get around on her own.

I sat her down on the edge of the bathtub and unraveled her bandages. With a wet cloth, I began cleaning the bite marks on her left shoulder and right arm.

She would occasionally wince at the slight pain, but mostly remained calm. I bandaged her shoulder and arm before moving down to her right leg.

Getting a closer look, I could see the deep cuts in her leg from the wolves' claws. I slowly began cleaning the cuts. I could feel Luna's leg tense up as she winced.

I stopped and just stroked her leg until I felt her calm down, then I'd start cleaning again. Finishing on her leg, I bandaged it up before moving to her side.

This was the worst of her injuries. Oakley's last attempt at stopping her left a huge slice in Luna's left side.

As I began cleaning, I noticed Luna's hands clenching onto the edge of the tub as she winced in pain.

"I'm sorry, Luna. I know it hurts but it'll soon be done."

She stayed quiet as I finished and wrapped bandages around her stomach.

"There, all finished."

"Thank you, Kid."

I looked up at her smiling face from where I knelt in front of her. I straightened myself up and moved closer to her. This was it, I was going to take a chance.

I placed my hands against her face and gave a small smile as I moved my face closer and closer to hers, staring into her pretty purple eyes.

Luna's pov

Kid's face was just inches away from mine now. There was suddenly a knock on the door followed by a voice.

"Luna? Kid? You guys in there?"

Kid pulled away and picked himself up, sighing in annoyance. "Yes, Liz, we're in here."

I could hear Patty laughing as Drake said, "You two better not be getting freaky in there."

I felt my face flush as I noticed Kid's did as well. He helped me up and walked me over to the door, opening it to see the others.

Kid glanced at them all before saying, "I was just helping with Luna's injuries."

We passed them and headed back to my room. Those four have really bad timing. Just when Kid was about to kiss me, they had to come home.

Days pass by and my limp is almost completely gone. It's now Friday and I return to school for the first time all week.

With my arm and shoulder just having faint marks now, I only really have to worry about my side and my faint limp.

Entering the classroom, Blackstar surprised me with a tight hug. "Luna, I'm so happy you're back! I thought you died!"

"Owww! Blackstar, get off me!"

He quickly let go of me as I rubbed my injured side. "Blackstar, I wasn't going to die. But geez, I'm still injured you know."

He laughed. "Sorry about that."

The others greeted me as well before Kid led me to my seat next to him and the twins. Even Stein was happy to see me back in class after such an ordeal.

After class, everyone started rushing out to the lunchroom. Kid stayed behind with me to help me catch up on some of the class work before leaving together.

Making our way to the lunchroom, I was about to open the doors when someone pushed them from the other side, knocking me down on the floor.

"Owww!"

I clutched my side as I looked up at the boy who had caused me to fall. He looked angry as he peered down at me.

"Watch where you're going!"

Before he could leave, Kid pushed him against the wall. "No, I suggest you watch where you're going. If I see you pushing around injured classmates again, I might think about reporting you to my father, got it?"

The guy quickly nodded. "Y-Yes, of course, I'm sorry."

Kid let him go and he quickly rushed down the hall. Kid came over and helped me up.

"You okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He smiled and opened the door for me to enter the lunchroom. We went inside, grabbed our lunch, and sat with the others.

The day seemed to fly by as Saturday, the day of the sleepover, soon arrived. I helped Kid get things ready and do some light cleaning before everyone came.

Seeing that the others would be here soon, I went ahead and changed into some pajamas, a black tank top and shorts.

I took the bandages off my leg and checked the wounds. Seeing how much better they've gotten, I didn't put any more bandages on them.

Now the only wound I still have to keep bandaged is the one on my side. I changed the bandages and covered them with my top before heading downstairs.

Kid and our weapons got changed into their pajamas as well. Soon after the sun had set, everyone arrived.

I had gathered with the girls in the living room while the boys were snacking and chatting in the kitchen.

We were all painting our nails and looking at magazines. I painted my nails black with white tips, painting my toenails the same way.

After my nails dried, I started doing Maka's nails while Tsubaki read quiz questions from a magazine.

"Okay, Patty. What is you're favorite animal?"

She looked up from where Liz was painting her nails. "That's easy, giraffes!"

"Luna, what's your idea of a romantic date?"

I thought for a moment. "Hmm, I'd have to say something where my date and I can spend time alone. But something more original than a movie and dinner. Something like gazing up at the stars or walking on a beach at sunset."

Tsubaki gave an approving nod. After finishing Maka's nails, I sat on my stomach on the couch, looking through a magazine.

Kicking my feet back and forth behind me, I soon heard a voice.

"And what are you girls up to in here?"

Looking up, I saw Kid standing behind the couch I laid on. "We're just having girl talk, painting our nails, and reading magazines."

I showed him my painted nails and he simply said, "Pretty."

I flipped the page of my magazine, seeing a handsome young man on the page. "Ooooh, he's cute."

Kid leaned down over the couch, looking at the shirtless guy in the magazine. With an eyebrow raised, he stood up straight again.

"Uh huh. Well, we were thinking of watching a movie. You girls want to join us?"

We all nodded and said, "Yeah!"

We put our things away as the boys came into the living room with us. I sat on one end of the couch, and conveniently, Kid took the seat next to me.

Kid's pov

With Luna sitting beside me, Soul sat on my other side along with Maka. Everyone else sat on the floor around the coffee table.

Blackstar put the movie in the DVD player before sitting back down. There were lots of snacks and candies on the coffee table.

Ragnarok was currently pigging out on candy while Crona sat quietly, ready to watch the movie. Luna ate a candy bar as the movie started.

A little ways into the movie, Soul nudged me. I looked at him questioningly as he grinned and gestured toward Luna.

I took a quick glance at her out of the corner of my eye. I could tell she was enjoying the movie. I looked back at Soul and nodded.

I took glanced at Luna before stretching my arms back and resting one around her. I smiled to myself at the fact that she didn't reject me. Soul gave me a thumbs up and I returned my attention to the movie.

Luna's pov

Feeling Kid's arm around me, a sly grin spread across my face. The old stretching trick huh? Well, I guess that means I can show my approval.

I scooted a little closer and laid my head against his shoulder. I guess he wasn't expecting that because I felt him tense up a bit before relaxing again.

We stayed that way throughout the movie. I felt myself growing tired but managed to stay awake until the movie ended.

Everyone set up their sleeping bags in the living room floor. Even Kid and I were sleeping down here with the others tonight.

I quickly drifted off but soon woke up again upon hearing faint footsteps. I sat up, rubbing my eyes as I saw Kid's empty sleeping bag.

I got up and snuck my way to the kitchen. I peered through the darkness, seeing Kid standing over the sink.

"Kid, you're up late."

He turned and looked at me. "Sorry if I woke you up. I was just getting a glass of water."

Since I was up, I got a glass of water too. Kid was already finished, but now he's just leaning against the sink. Is he waiting for me?

I shrugged it off and drank my water. After putting my empty glass in the sink, I began walking past Kid, but ended up tripping in my tired state.

Before I could hit the floor, I felt arms wrap around me. Looking back, I realized Kid had caught me. He set me back on my feet as I winced and clutched my side where his arm had pressed against my wound.

"I'm so sorry, Luna. I didn't mean to hurt you."

I looked down at the floor before answering, "It's alright. I'm fine."

After a moment of awkwardly standing there, I felt his finger under my chin, pushing my head up to look at him. He gazed down at me with a small smile.

Even in the dark, I could clearly see his golden eyes. His face was so close to mine, I could feel his breath against my skin.

There was suddenly a blinding light. We both turned to see Patty rummaging through the fridge. When she noticed us, she waved with a happy grin on her face before returning to the fridge.

We both rolled our eyes and Kid let out a sigh before whispering, "We should get back to bed."

I nodded. "Yeah. Goodnight, Kid."

"Goodnight, Luna."

We both went back to our sleeping bags. I curled up in mine, closing my eyes and letting myself fall into a peaceful slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 0 41
Welcome back! Follow the story of Siena Prati and Matteo Ferranti, a weapon and meister duo sent to assist the new temporary Headmaster of the DWMA...
4.1K 117 33
As Soul and Maka are closer to turning Soul into a death Scythe they develop a new technique and are able to read each others mind, they begin to dev...
964 42 21
This story is basically about a wolf witch named Luna who was challenged by the three best Meisters with their Weapons. Luna defeats them and asks to...
231K 5.5K 25
Your name is, (Y/n) Thompson. You are the cousin of the two sisters Liz and Patty Thompson. Not too long ago you discovered you could turn into a wea...