How To Be Heartless? (Book On...

Oleh RulerOfCats

Ħɵω Ʈɵ ɮϵ ĦεαяϮհϵςς Theoretically, Itadori Sana should have been an amazing ninja. Top in her class, photogra... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: Itadori Sana
Chapter 2: Stalking Sasuke
Chapter 3: Team Seven
Chapter 4: The Bells
Chapter 5: The Bridge Builder
Chapter 6: Target Tazuna
Chapter 7: Naruto's Plan
Chapter 8: Who Are You?
Chapter 9: Preparations For Battle
Chapter 10: Training Begins
Chapter 11: Failure
Chapter 12: Ice Mirrors
Chapter 13: A Hero Shows Up At The Last Second
Chapter 14: Chuunin Exams?
Chapter 15: The First Test
Chapter 16: When Your Best Isn't Good Enough
Chapter 17: Eyes Set To Kill
Chapter 19: Sibling Relations
Extra::: Naruto Behind The Scenes # 1
Chapter 20: Attack On The Leaf & Gaara's Final Form
Chapter 21: The Third Hokage & The Arrival Of Itachi Uchiha And Sharky
Chapter 22: Broken Silence
Chapter 23: A Regretful Goodbye
Extra::: Naruto Behind The Scenes # 2
Chapter 24: After Sasuke - Sound V.S Leaf
Chapter 25: Deception
Ninja Profile
Extra::: Christmas Special

Chapter 18: The Last Chance

5.1K 138 31
Oleh RulerOfCats

         "His Chakra is too large!!" The wide eyed ninja exclaimed.

         "Dosu!!" Zaku yelled. Oh so his name is Dosu... finally a name... "No need to be afraid of this half dead freak!!" Zaku quickly slammed his hands together.

         "No Zaku!! Don't you realize!!?" Dosu yelled.

         What an idiot... Sasuke-san's power outmatches all of ours right now....

         Zaku quickly raised his hands up and sound waves shattered the ground coming closer to Sasuke and me... I always stand next to the wrong person at the wrong time... That didn't matter as Sasuke smirked and grabbed onto me before disappearing. Running so fast that everything around me was a blur. I'm sure with his Sharingan he could see everything perfectly though... We ended up behind Zaku.

         "Heh! I've blown him away!!" Zaku boasted.

         "Blown who away?" Sasuke asked, letting go of me. I quickly hid behind Sakura, before looking at Naruto who Sasuke had also moved away from the crossfire. I didn't even notice that. Sasuke only moved his arm a bit, punching it into Zaku and he slammed across into a tree. Sasuke didn't hesitate to use a fire Jutsu as soon as Zaku stood.

         "So what! I'll blast them away." The sound quickly came from Zaku's hands but the fire blasting his way didn't stop. "What!?" He was only hit with small amounts of fire that probably didn't hurt. But that was the distraction. Sasuke appeared crouched by Zaku's feet.

         "Zaku below!" Dosu yelled, but Sasuke was faster.

         "Huh?" Zaku murmured, Sasuke appeared behind him grabbing both of his arms. I put to hands over my mouth to stop the gasp of disgust. Sakura looked at me confused.

         "What's he going to do?" Sakura asked, I merely stared at the wide grin on Sasuke's face.

         "He's going to break Zaku's arms," I murmured, looking down not wanting to see it. "Do you wanna get barbeque after this?"

      Sakura blinked, unable to comprehend the random question until a couple of seconds later. "What?"

      "I'm starving. Thought it could be fun," I said, noticing the bruising on Sakura's arms with a raise of my brows. I had similar bruising that would take all week to diminish. Sakura winced as she knelt down near Naruto, her worry prominent on her face. 

      "You're joking," she said, glancing at me from the corner of her eyes. "I'm starting to think you lack empathy."

      I knelt down near Naruto next. "The love of your life is Sasuke. We all have our flaws, sis." Sakura's nose crinkled in insult as Sasuke began to twist on Zaku's arm. Sakura stood back up, the horror overtaking her face.

         "Hehe, so you're proud of these two arms?" Sasuke asked. All I could hear was a disgusting crack that brought a disgusted scowl on my face, but my eyes were more drawn towards Sakura who looked about ready to topple over to make Sasuke end his rampage.

      "Sakura, seriously, sit back down," I commented, but Sakura had mentally checked out the moment she decided that Sasuke was the boy of her dreams.

      "You're the only one left... I hope you let me have more fun..." Sasuke smirked at Dosu.

         Sakura rushed at Sasuke hugging his back yelling out a quick, "Stop!!" He looked at her. "Please stop..." He just stared at her. 

      "Uchiha! If you stop I can get you barbique on me!" I shouted from the background, and the surprise of the random statement made both of them look at me. The curse mark slowly began to retreat.

         "Sasuke-kun! Please come back!" Sakura yelled.

        "Free food, Uchiha!" I said with a loud shout, that made both of them scowl.

       "Shut up, Sana!" Sakura replied, but I couldn't help the reaction I had when I was afraid. We all deal with fear differently. Sakura clings to the bitchest shinobi in Konoha, and I make inappropriate comments. 

         "You are strong," Dosu held out a Earth scroll. "Sasuke-kun... We can't defeat you at this time." He quickly put the scroll down. "Here's a gift to you... Please let us leave. This may seem convenient, but there is something we must find out now. But I will promise you this...." Dosu picked up the fallen Zaku. "If there is another situation where we will meet in this exam we will neither run nor hide."

         The three began to leave before Sakura yelled, "Wait! Who is Orochimaru!? What did he do to Sasuke-kun!? Why to Sasuke-kun!?"

       I turned back to Naruto, slapping his face lightly. "Hey. Wakey wakey sunshine." At the lack of response, I frowned. I slapped him again, this time a bit harder. "Wake up, Uzumaki. Don't make me deal with teenage angst and teenage hormones all alone in this mess of a team." I slapped him again, this time chuckling sardonically to myself. "Medical genius, Itadori Sana here."

         "I don't know. We were merely ordered to kill Sasuke-kun," Dosu answered before he, Zaku, and Kin, disappeared.

         "Hey are you guys alright!?" Shikamaru asked, surprising the shit out of me. "This sucks but Ino, you take care of Lee!"

         I sighed as Shikamaru and Choji looked down at Naruto. "What should we do with him? Kick him awake?" Shikamaru asked.

         "Can I do it?" Choji questioned.

         "No, wait," I murmured and Shikamaru looked annoyed as I stopped Choji briefly. "I already did that. He won't wake up and I slapped him so hard my hand hurts." They thought I was going to tell them not to do it. Yeah right. Instead, I held up my slightly red palm.

         "You never know until you try," Choji quickly set a kick to Naruto's head making him wake up screaming.

     "I didn't say kick his head you psycho!" I exclaimed, the worry overpowering the arrival of hysteria. 

         "Everyone hide!! No get down now!!" Naruto ordered getting on the ground as Sakura helped Sasuke up. "Where did that guy go!? Ow!" He clutched his reddened cheek. "Did someone backhand me?"

        "It was Sasuke," I said quickly, causing Shikamaru to scoff. 

       "What! Sasuke-teme," Naruto began to search for the boy in question, but likely spots had restricted much of his likely concussed vision.

         "That idiot is finally awake...?" Ino complained.

         "Would it have been so bad to keep him sleeping a little longer?" I asked, not meaning it as the fondness filled my heart. 

         "You sure are one of a kind..." Shikamaru stated as Choji poked the bump on Naruto's head with a stick.

         "Ha? ...Just looking at you gets on my nerves..." Naruto complained.

         "Glad you're back or whatever," I commented, and he glanced towards me with narrowed, likely disoriented eyes that had softened ever so slightly.

         "It's over...?" Naruto asked grabbing my hand as he noticed the bruising on my face. "What happened while I," he broke off, his eyes narrowing as his fingers tightened on my palms. His worry was uncomfortable, but managable. His surprise rose quickly to his face as he looked at the beat up Sakura. "OH!! Sakura-chan!!"

         "What?" Sakura asked.

         "Sakura-chan your hair..!!" Naruto ran to Sakura, and I dragged my feet in tow as he still held tightly to my hand.

         "Let go over her dobe," Sasuke murmured, Naruto obliged and let me go but still looked at Sakura as she brushed aside her pink locks.

         "Oh! You mean this... Just trying to change my image.... I like it longer but you know in this forest it can get in the way..." Sakura murmured.

         "Ahh... I see..." Naruto murmured.

         "It's nice to know you choose to ignore all the bruises on her. Love truly is blind." I muttered and Sasuke smirked agreeing. "And the fact that Shikamaru's and Lee's team is here..."

         "Oh that reminds me..." Naruto turned to Choji and Shikamaru. "Why are you guys here?"

         "Man... Explaining to you is a waste of my time..." Shikamaru murmured, and Naruto turned to me to see if I could explain.

         "Nah," I answered simply.

         "Everyone came to save us..." Sakura murmured.

         "I'll take it from here..." Tenten murmured, grabbing Lee gently. Aww what a nice teammate...

         "Snap out of it!!! Lee!!!" Tenten yelled, shaking Lee about roughly. Never-mind, what a bitch...

         "Tenten? Why are you here?" Lee asked.

         "We came to save you!" Tenten yelled angrily. And then they started yelling back and forth. Well Tenten was yelling.

         "Are you alright, Sakura?" Sasuke asked.

         Sakura blushed, "Um...yes... Don't worry about me..."

         "Ohh!! IT'S BUSHY BROW!!" Naruto yelled pointing. I frowned. Sakura quickly punched Naruto.

         "How dare you be rude to Lee-san!!" Sakura yelled. I bet Naruto is wondering what the hell happened while he was asleep.

      "Sakura! He's injured you dingus!" I exclaimed from across the field. 

       "So am I!" Sakura shouted back.

       "How is that a reason," I muttered with a scowl.

         "He is totally clueless.. He must be the type that could never become the main character to a story," Choji murmured to himself.

         "Are you alright, Sana?" Sasuke asked, ignoring everyone else uncaringly. I jumped in surprise.

         "Yes, but the question is," I paused, looking over at him as Sakura and Naruto yelled back and forth. "Are you feeling okay? Do you still feel super powerful?"

         "No..." Sasuke murmured looking down at his hand, clenching it.

         "I don't mind if you go all powerful super hero on us again," he looked at me as I spoke. "But, next time, keep the bone snapping to a minimum. It was gross overkill." Sasuke smirked slightly.

         Lee started crying at something Sakura said before looking over at Sasuke. "It looks like I need more hard work... Sasuke-kun.... The Uchiha Clan sure is great, to drive off those Sound Nins, you are the owner of incredible powers." Lee turned back to Sakura. "Sakura-san... The leaf lotus blooms twice. The next time we meet I will be a stronger man... I promise."

         "Yeah!" Sakura smiled.

         "Hey Sakura! Over here!" Ino yelled. "I'll straighten out your hair!"

      "Priorities," I muttered, rolling my eyes. 

       "Have you ever considered bangs?" Ino asked, and Sakura frowned. 

      I glanced back to Sasuke, watching the dirt clinging to his skin and his eyes fixated on nothing. His unfocused vision, the anger still in his face, the clenching of his fists, all screaming warning signs that I normally considered ignoring in favor of minding my own business. This was something more people in my company should consider doing. I could cut the tension with a dull blade.

       "So, your welcome," I commented, and Sasuke looked over to me.

       "What are you talking about? I saved your ass. If anything, I should be saying that," he retorted, his arrogance overpowering his voice.

      "I stopped your rampage with the promise of food. I knew you were secretly a glutton," I replied. 

       "You really live entirely in your own head, don't you?" Sasuke said, incredulously. 

      I tried to fight the smile, but it was overpowering.

¥❁¥

         "Naruto! You're scaring away all the fish!!" I yelled, but he ignored me as him and all his clones jumped into the water. "If you're going to do it do it right!"

         He sighed as if I had taken away all his fun and jumped in the water again. Fish sprang up, Sasuke managed to throw four kunai hitting four of them into a tree, while I only got two.

         "Do it again," Sasuke ordered. "We need to have food for later. Six fish isn't enough. Do it three more times you moron." Nice to know you are back to normal...

         "This is really tiring! You do it!" Naruto yelled.

         "Sasuke-kun!! It's all set up for a fire!! We just need a fireball please!!" Sakura yelled.

         "I guess six fish is enough..." Sasuke murmured.

         "Wait a second! Hey!!" Naruto yelled.

         "Fine, but only Sasuke and Sakura gets two since all Naruto did was sleep and scream," I said, and Naruto groaned. Pig.

         "This is the 4th afternoon since the start of the second test. The second test started at around 2:30 PM meaning we only have about 25 hours left, maybe 26," I answered Sakura's question as we sat down.

         "Many teams have already passed... That means..." Sakura murmured.

         "Ahh I wish it would cook faster!!" Naruto grinned, not even realizing the serious situation we were in.

         "This is getting bad..." Sasuke murmured.

         You guys are such joy kills.

         "You know, there may not be anymore Heaven Scrolls," Sakura murmured, and I looked over confused.

         "Wait what happened to our Heaven Scroll," I asked, and was ignored.

         "What do you mean Sakura?" Sasuke asked, taking a bite from the fish while I ate my fruit. Fish is gross. I'd rather starve.

         "Because... The fact that it's the fourth day of this five-day second test means... That 80 percent of the test is over... Plus... There are 78 entrants.... 26 teams. And only 13 of each scroll... So, the highest amount that can pass is 13 teams right? And you guys remember right? That Orochimaru guy burned the Heaven Scroll we had," Sakura stated. Ohh, how did I not see that? "From that point on... The number of teams that can pass went down by one. And we can't be sure that the rest of the scrolls are intact. If one of the scrolls is destroyed, that makes the other half meaningless.

         "Since parting with our Leaf comrades, we needed two days to heal our injuries, but we have to be more active now," Sakura explained.

         "Either way, the next enemy is our last chance," Sasuke said simply, Sasuke then got himself up. "I'm going to go get some water." I looked down at my empty canteen and got up slowly.

         "I'll go too," I said, Sasuke barely spared a glance and walked off. Having a broken rib cage it was hard to follow him. I was surprised to see him waiting for me to catch up. It was only when we got to the river did I speak. "Um, Sasuke-san, I just thought of something."

         He looked over at me, drinking some water. "What?"

         "We left the scroll with Naruto..." I said and his eyes slightly narrowed.

         "Damn it," he cursed running over to where Naruto and Sakura were. I walked slowly not able to run. When I got there Naruto and Sakura were standing there sadly, Kabuto was there to. I shook my head slightly disappointed.

         "You guys tried to open it, didn't you?" I asked, and Naruto flinched at Sasuke's glare.

         "Geez... What were you thinking?" Sasuke murmured.

         "That was close," Kabuto murmured on hand on his hip.

         "So sorry," Sakura murmured.

         "Those that ignore the rules are put in a condition that forces retirement. In previous exam, within the scroll.. Was set up a hypnotism type Jutsu... Those that saw it would knocked out here until the end of the exam," Kabuto explained.

         "By the way, you're Kabuto right? What are you doing all alone out here?" Sasuke asked.

         "It's not like I'm after your scroll," Kabuto murmured. I sighed painfully sitting down in the rocks next to the burned out fire. My hand rummaged through my weapons bag I grabbed hold of the scroll Ibiki-sensei gave me and shook it.

         Come on heal me like before. Nothing happened.... Stupid useless piece of junk...

         Sasuke's eyes narrowed. "Yeah... If you were you could have just taken it from Naruto just then. So you're also after the Heaven Scroll..."

         "No... I already have both," Kabuto held up two scrolls, Sasuke's eyes widened. "Something's happened and I'm on my way to the tower to meet up with my teammates." Kabuto turned to leave. "Well, I'm off..."

         "Wait," Sasuke ordered. "Fight me...:

         "Fight...?" Kabuto asked curiously.

         "Sasuke-kun!!" Sakura yelled.

         "You idiot what are you saying?!" Naruto shouted.

         "You're serious..." Kabuto asked.

         "Sorry, we don't have any time left..." Sasuke murmured.

         "Hey Sasuke!!! Kabuto-san helped us!!" Naruto yelled.

         "Sa...Sasuke-kun I don't know about this..." Sakura murmured.

         "Shut up...!" Sasuke hissed, and Sakura stopped Naruto from attacking him. I merely tripped the blonde haired boy. "We don't have a choice... I said it before. This is the only way for us to survive in this forest." Why didn't you just attack by surprise if you are so mean... Liar.

         "You're lying," Kabuto said simply.

         "Lie...?" Naruto asked.

         "You aren't as cold hearted as you say..." Kabuto smiled a closed eyed smile. "If this test had really turned you into that, then why would you even ask to challenge? Instead of doing that you could have just attacked me and tried to take the scroll." Kabuto pushed up his glasses. "That's a ninja... I don't dislike you for that... So... I'll tell you the path you should take." Kabuto started to walk. I picked up my stuff. "But I'll tell you as we move. The smoke from the fire, the smell of cooked fish can be sensed from a far away. Wild beasts and enemies could be on the way."

         I nodded and started to walk, a single hand stopped me. I turned to look and Sasuke and he had a small glare, "Give me your stuff." He ordered, I looked at him confused but handed him my bag.

         "Why?" I asked as he slung it over his shoulder.

         "It's obvious you are still injured," he said simply and started to follow Kabuto. I frowned as they began to run from tree branch to tree branch. Sasuke turned to Naruto. "Carry Sana."

         "What?" Naruto asked, Sasuke just gave him a glare.

         "She can't run, moron," Sasuke hissed and Naruto scowled at him, before grabbing me and almost gently putting me on his back. "Idiot."

         It was then when we started to run, Naruto still faster than everyone else even though he was carrying me. I wasn't sure but I think he was having a race with Sasuke in his head, I looked down at Naruto with a frown. "I'm not slowing you down am I?"

         Naruto grinned, "Are you kidding, I've held sticks heavier than you."

         "Shut up..." I murmured and laid my head on his shoulder.

         "Are there really enemies left?" Sasuke asked.

         "Yes no doubt about it. Just think about it..." Kabuto explained. "Do you know the smartest fighting tactic, in a large area like this jungle? The goal to this test is the tower, right?"

         "So basically you're saying that ninjas are waiting for approaching enemies with scrolls to ambush them, right?" I asked and Kabuto smirked. "They're waiting by the tower. So we go after a team that has assembled both the Heaven and Earth Scrolls and is heading for the tower..."

         "Cleaver girl," Kabuto murmured.

         "So we're not going to be the only ones thinking that. There will be other in this situation waiting at the with traps set," I gave a look to Kabuto as I spoke. "So that's why you're telling us this?"

         "I see!!! So there are already tons of enemies near the tower, just waiting to ambush us!! Hah! It's more exciting with the handicap!!" Naruto yelled I ignored him.

         "You're correct," Kabuto murmured looking at me for a few seconds with a smile. "I don't have a team right now so I need your help to get to the tower."

         "You're scared," Sasuke smirked.

         "Exactly." Kabuto answered.

                                                                          ¥❁¥

         "Now we can finally see the tower. We must be careful from here on out," Kabuto said.

         "Alright lets go!!" Naruto said, and I started to wish I wasn't being carried by an idiot... I heard a sound in the trees and jumped a little. Naruto pulled out a kunai and threw it in the trees. "There!!" It hit a big black insect, a worm like thing. I shivered closing my eyes and putting my head in Naruto's shoulder. Think happy thoughts.... Stupid black worm... "Oh... It was just a centipede...."

         "Naruto-kun... I'd like us to avoid unnecessary actions and noises from here on," Kabuto pushed up his glasses. "Moving through the forest like and elephant, will only tip off our enemies... And they do not have a fun welcome party planned for us. From this point on let's move as slowly and safely as time allows."

                                                                          ¥❁¥

         Sakura dropped down. "I can't..."

         "Sakura-chan?" Naruto asked, I sighed comfortable with him finally stopping. I may not be walking but I'm still exhausted with all the bouncing.

         "How long have we been walking...? We aren't getting closer to the tower at all..." Sakura complained. "It seems right in front of us... This is weird." I looked up exhausted, my eyes not able to focus on much. I sighed.

         "Genjutsu," I murmured very quietly, and Sasuke's eyes widened.

         "Seems like we've already arrived at our welcoming party...." Kabuto agreed and pointed ahead. "See... Look right there..." Ahead was the same centipede that Naruto killed earlier. "Looks like we have fallen into a trap... Seems like they took advantage of our worries and made us walk around in circles."

         "They are watching us..." Sasuke murmured.

         "Battle tactic, tire us out and use that opportunity to get us..." I murmured trying to wake up.

         "Then it's going just as they planned..." Sasuke muttered.

         "So they should be about ready to attack," Kabuto murmured.

         I looked down at Naruto. "Put me down."

         "Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded, he quickly obeyed setting me on the ground. Just as I hit the ground we were surrounded. I smiled slightly annoyed.

         "So they've appeared," Sasuke murmured. "A lot of them... Are they clones...?"

         "Wh-What is this?" Sakura murmured.

         "You're trapped rats," said a blindfolded ninja. Naruto quickly rushed at him punching him in the stomach. I sighed at the reckless move. Sasuke just stood there staring out into space as a kunai flew at him. Kabuto pushed him out of the way.

         "What are you doing?!" Kabuto yelled, the kunai scratching at his arm. I kneeled by Sasuke, pushing his collar down to see the black tattoo start to extend his body.

         "Give us your scroll," said one of the many enemies.

         "Does the fact that Kabuto-san got hurt mean they are Shadow clones?!" Naruto yelled. "Shadow clones disappear when they receive a direct hit. But these don't, so is this Genjutsu? Which is it?"

         "Damn it!!" Naruto yelled, rushing at the the enemy.

         "Stop!" Sasuke yelled. "They are illusions... This is enemy Genjutsu..."

         "But Kabuto-san's injury is real..." Sakura murmured.

         "No... Sasuke-kun is correct. The enemy is most likely hiding somewhere and matching their movements with the fake shinobis. So it will seem like the illusions are attacking," Kabuto explained.

         "Then let's find the idiots throwing the kunais and kick their asses!!" Naruto shouted.

         "But this confuses where the kunais are coming from and prevents us from accurately locating the enemy. Which was exactly what they planned to do.... Their type prefer these kind of attacks... And are weak at Taijutsu and close rage fighting..." Kabuto explained.

          "The real enemy won't reveal themselves until we can no longer move," I finally murmured.

         "At least for now... All we can do is dodge their attacks!!" Kabuto yelled. My eyes widened as some guy came at me striking to kill. Sasuke went in front of me, slicing it in half.

         Naruto frustratedly screamed. "If we defeat all the illusions at once, then while they are returning to normal then the enemy can't throw any more cause they will be found!!" Before I knew it there were hundreds of Narutos, but all that caused was an increase in enemies.

                                                                          ¥❁¥

         Finally they showed themselves coming out of hiding. Kabuto looked at the three ninja. They were the three we had first fought when entering this place. "You... You're the guy who got my shoulder. I finally found you."

         "Making things so difficult... Lucky I can finally return the favor!" Yelled the breathing mask ninja. I smiled standing off to the side as Kabuto, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura appeared on both sides of the three ninja.

         "You're trapped rats," Sasuke smirked.

         "It went perfectly Naruto!!" Sakura grinned.

         "Since when!!?" Yelled the ninja

         "Idiots!! We finally got you by the tails!! Bastards!!" Naruto yelled, the Sakura, Sasuke, and Kabuto became all him, before disappearing leaving only the real ones standing behind the ninja. "Heh, the shadow clones were just a trick! It was a diversion while I became the whole team!"

         "The moment Naruto released the Jutsu, the four of us hid. You Genjutsu users got a taste of your own medicine," Sasuke explained, and Naruto fell to the ground out of energy. "Naruto you've used too much Chakra, I'll take over from here."

         Naruto didn't listen as he punched the three ninjas in their face. "I'm damn sick of letting you always steal the juicy parts!"

         "You're pretty good... But we aren't "unlucky" just yet..." Said one of the weird ninja. I looked up to see the sun starting to rise. "There's a little time left, now we'll show you our Ninjutsu!!" The did some hand symbols and before I knew it there were over a hundred of them. No doubt not Shadow Clones though.

         "It's just normal clones but there must be some trick, watch out..." Sasuke said.

         "Heh, if that's the case then there's only one real enemy... All just blast them all 'til I hit the real one..." Naruto said.

         "Idiot, that plan won't work..." Sasuke disagreed.

         "I told you to stay out of this!!" Naruto quickly rushed at the ninja.

         "Naruto don't!!!" Sakura yelled, I sighed putting a hand on my side just to feel it was wet.

         Oh come on I didn't even move! Damn injury.

         Naruto punched the clones, but none of them were real his fists merely went through them. Kabuto yelled out a loud, "Naruto-kun stop!!"

         Sasuke looked down frustrated before looking up with the Sharingan, no doubt using the last of his Chakra. Sasuke started to sway, but I grabbed him before he could fall, I could see that his Sharingan was starting to grow. Sakura yelled out a loud, "Sasuke-kun! Please stop using Sharingan!!"

         "You shouldn't of created an opening!!" Yelled the enemy ninja to Naruto who got distracted by Sakura's voice. Before the ninja could stab Naruto, Kabuto knocked the blonde boy out of the way making part of the knife slice his leg.

         "Kabuto-san! Damn it!!" Yelled Naruto as he looked at the wounded Kabuto. He then saw the clones were advancing and he faced them to fight.

         "Stop Naruto!!" Sasuke ordered, leaning on me. "No mattered how many you punch... You won't find the real ones..."

         "Then where will the enemies attack from?! Normal clones can't attack!!" Naruto argued.

         "If we knew that things would be easy!! That is their plan!!" Sasuke yelled, and Naruto knelt on the ground and tried to recover a little of his energy. I gasped as I saw three of the ninja start to rise from the Earth. One of them quickly sliced at Kabuto making his glasses knock off and caused him to go into the air and land with a thud. I had thought it was a finishing blow, but Kabuto had escaped with barely a scratch. The enemies, surprised, created an opening which Naruto savored as he quickly kicked all three of them to the ground.

         "Heh! You shouldn't create an opening right?" Naruto mocked as the three ninja laid there beaten.

         "Phew... Thanks Naruto-kun, you saved me..." Kabuto grinned, I stared at him confused. Sasuke seemed to glare at the white haired man.

         "Great job, Naruto!!!" Sakura yelled.

         Kabuto stared at the mark on Sasuke's neck looking down. I merely stared into Kabuto's eyes as he looked at Sasuke. "What is that thing?" Kabuto asked. "An injury? It's a horrible mark?"

         "It's nothing," Sasuke murmured, I quickly helped him to his feet.

         "Great...." Kabuto smiled.

         Why does everything this man is saying right now...

         "I found it!! I found it!!! It's the Heaven Scroll!!" Naruto yelled.

         "That's great!" Kabuto smiled.

         ...Sound so fake.

                                                                          ¥❁¥

         "Oh, you guys... You're late Kabuto..." Said a masked ninja as we got to the tower.

         "We ran into some trouble, sorry," Kabuto said.

         "But thanks to you we got the scrolls!!" Naruto grinned, Kabuto smiled at him.

         "No, it was all because of you guys. You were great at the end Naruto-kun," Kabuto smiled. It's nice to know he can insult and compliment someone at the same time..."We are going through this door. Good luck to both of us!"

         "Yeah!" Naruto grinned, and I sighed and placed my head on his shoulder, as he had gone back to carrying me. Sasuke was leaning onto Sakura too so my pride isn't hurt. Naruto took a second his hand on the door but didn't open it.

         "Open it dammit," I hissed into his ear, giving him a slight kick. He jumped and opened it only to see an empty room. "Nobody's here..." Sasuke separated himself from Sakura, she looked at him confused.

         "Sakura... I'm alright..." Sasuke murmured.

         "Oh! Yeah..." She smiled, but the disappointed look was obvious.

         "Hey! Hey! What should we do?" Naruto asked looking around.

         "There instructions of some sort right there," I said pointing to a piece of paper pinned on the wall. Naruto walked up to it as did Sakura and Sasuke.

         "Without... Heaven...." Naruto read. "What the hell does this mean?"

         "Some of the words are missing, this is probably about the scrolls, I think they are telling us to open up the scrolls," Sakura explained and Naruto and her bother got ready to open them. "Alright let's open them up..." The both unraveled them at the same time, I looked down on it boredly.

         "I'd step back if I were you," I said to Naruto staring at the simple summoning Jutsu. Naruto and Sakura quickly dropped the scrolls and ran back, making me wince. A cloud of smoke appeared showing Iruka-sensei standing there with a smile. I frowned.

         Couldn't it have been someone cooler... Like Kakashi-sensei, or something... With all do respect for Iruka-sensei and all, but he's been a Chuunin for like ten years now....

         "Hey, long time no see," Iruka-sensei greeted.

         "What's going on!?" Sakura shouted.

         "Looks like you guys had trouble," Iruka said.

         "Huh, huh! Why was Iruka-sensei summoned?" Naruto asked.

         "At the end of this second test it's set up so we Chuunins meet up with the exam takers, and I was allowed to be the one to greet you," Iruka explained before looking at his watch. "You made it just in time. The second test, all four of you pass, congratulations. To celebrate your successful completion of the second test..." My eyes widened and I quickly got off Naruto. "I'd like to buy you a round of Ramen but-"

         Just as I expected Naruto quickly rushed at Iruka-sensei, hugging him with a loud, "We did it!!"

         "Moron," Sasuke muttered.

         "H-Hey, Naruto... Listen until the end...." Iruka-sensei's words fell on deaf ears.

         "We did it, we did it, we did it, we did it!" Naruto exclaimed. "WE DID IT!" Shut up already. "I'm so happy!!"

         Sakura, Sasuke, and I dropped to the ground tired.

         "He sure has energy..." Sasuke muttered.

         Naruto jumped in the air and Sakura shouted a loud, "SHUT UP!"

         "You sure haven't changed in your inability to relax," Iruka-sensei muttered.

         "Heh, I see," Sasuke said. "If we had opened the scroll during the test... What were you going to do Iruka-sensei?" Sasuke asked.

         "As always you are sharp, Sasuke," Iruka-sensei picked up one of the scrolls. "As you may have figured out, this test's rules are set up to test your ability to preform missions correctly.... So if you were to break this rules and open the scrolls those exam takers would be put in a condition of unconsciousness for the remaining of the test period. Those were my orders." Naruto visibly freaked out as did Sakura. "Heh, good thing you didn't open it..."

         "Thank you so much Kabuto-san!" Naruto whined.

         "Oh yeah Sensei, what's the meaning of the writing on the wall? Seems like there's a word missing... We can't figure it out," Sakura asked. Who cares, we passed.

         "Who the hell cares!! We passed!!" Naruto exclaimed. Oh god I'm like Naruto.

         "I'm also here to explain that," Iruka-sensei murmured. "Read it, this is the motto of the Chuunin written by Hokage-sama."

         "Motto?"

         "Yeah, the "Heaven" in this paragraph refers to the human mind. And the "Earth" refers to the human body," Iruka-sensei explained. "If you lack Heaven seek wisdom be prepared. That's basically... For example if Naruto's weakness is his brain." What if? That is his weakness. "Gain knowledge and prepare yourself for the missions. If you lack Earth run in the fields and seek advantages. So if Sakura's weakness is stamina, then you must continue to train hard. And if you have both Heaven and Earth you can succeed in even the most dangerous mission. So basically all missions become safe and easy."

         "Then, the part with the missing word?" Sakura asked.

         "So the words that represent a Chuunin, the "person" word from the scrolls goes there. The last sentence is "These rules will guide a person's extremes," Iruka-sensei explained. "These five days of survival were to test the exam takers basic abilities to become a Chuunin and you guys successfully passed that. Chuunins are at the rank of military captain, you have the responsibility of guiding a team. The knowledge stamina and inner wisdom are all needed for your duties. I want you guys to challenge the next step with this Chuunin motto in mind. That is all I have to pass onto you."

         "Roger!!" Naruto grinned.

         "But this third and final test, don't push yourselves too hard..." Iruka said. "Especially you Naruto, I worry about you the-"

         "From the moment I received this Leaf forehead protector I am no longer an academy student! There is no need to worry, and this is the symbol that I am all grown up, right!?" Naruto grinned. "The part about me never relaxing may not have changed, but I'm not a kid anymore!"

         Ha, my ass.

         "Now, I'm a ninja!" Naruto yelled.

         "I see... I am sorry Naruto..." Iruka-sensei murmured.

                                                                          ¥❁¥

         "First off for the second test, congratulations on passing!!" Anko yelled. I had a bad feeling with that evil little look in her eyes.

         "Wow! Old man Hokage, Iruka-sensei, Kakashi-sensei, and even super bushy brow sensei is her! It looks like everyone is assembled," Naruto exclaimed. I froze looking at a single person standing with his hands around his back, his eyes were closed but that didn't ease my fear of him. I knew he was going to be here, but...

         Father opened his eyes and gave me a scathing look.

         He still scares me to no end.

         "Heh, I can't say that I'm getting a good feeling..." Sasuke said, and I couldn't disagree. When are they going to let us go home? I'm so tired....

         "Hokage-sama will now explain the third test. Listen carefully!" Anko announced. "Now Hokage-sama, please."

         "Yes," the Hokage started. "For the coming third test, but before I explain that there is something I'd like you to know. It concerns the true reason for this exam... Why do we have all the allianced countries taking the exam together? 'To promote friendship among the countries' and 'To raise the level of Shinobi.' I don't want you to be confused about the true meaning.... This exam is a replacement for war among the allied countries.

         "If you go back in time, the current allies were enemies who fought each other over who would rule. In order to prevent wasteful fighting, the stage that these countries chose for battle that is the origins of this Chuunin Selection Exam," Hokage-sama explained.

         "Why the hell do we have to do that crap? Isn't this thing for deciding who's a Chuunin?" Naruto yelled, and my father's eyes snapped open.

         "Silence pest, or shall I cut out your tongue for speaking out of term," my father's voice boomed, I flinched and Naruto instantly shut up. Oh Good old daddy...

         "That's quite alright, Itadori-san," Hokage-sama said, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke stared at me as I looked down fearfully.

         "He's my father," I answered their unasked question.

         "I think I almost peed my pants," Naruto muttered, I nodded. He did have that effect...

         "It is a fact that this exam decides which Shinobis have what it takes to become a Chuunin, but on the other hand, this exam has another side. Where each country's Shinobis risk their own life to protect their land's prestige. Watching this third exam will be leaders and individuals from many countries who make up the clients of the Shinobi and the leaders of the countries will also be there to watch each of your battles.

         "If the strength of a country is clear, that country will receive more clients, and conversely if seen as weak, they will lose clients. And this will signal to potential enemy countries that "Our village has this much power" so it will send a political message to the outsiders. The strength of the country is the strength of the village. The strength of the village is the strength of the Shinobi and a Shinobi's true strength is born only through life-risking battle.

         "This exam is a place to see each countries strength and to show off your own strength. It only has meaning because lives are at risk, and that's why those that come before you have fought in the Chuunin Exam for this dream that is meaningful.

         "I said it in the beginning I don't want you to confuse the purpose of this. By losing life and establishing balance. This is the shape of friendship in the world of the Shinobi. Before we begin the third test I will tell you one more thing. This is not just a test. This is a life-risking battle with your dreams and your countries prestige on the line. I'd like to now explain the third test but-"

         "Actually," some Chuunin appeared coughing slightly. He bowed to the Hokage in apology for the interruption. "I apologize, Hokage-sama. Form here on as the referee will you please allow me, Gekkou Hayate."

         "By all means."

         "Hello everyone I'm Hayate," he coughed some more. "Before the third test there's something I'd like you to do..." My father walked up putting a hand on Hayate's shoulder.

         "I'm the one who came up with the idea, allow me to explain it," he said, making Hayate visibly tense. I don't think father means to give off such an intimidating impression, he just does. He's not even that scary... Okay he is. But he's not a threat to anyone.

         "Of course, Itadori-sama," Hayate stepped and allowed the man to talk.

         "Naruto whatever you do, be quiet and do not talk," I whispered, Naruto gulped. "I'll get blamed for it later."

         "There will be a preliminary for the third test, to decide who gets to participate in the main event." My father spoke before anyone can complain. "Don't decide to speak until I'm finished talking. The first and second test may have been to easy this year. We have a bit too many people remaining. I want to cut you all in half again, for there's an uneven amount of you. As Hokage-sama has indicated earlier there will be many guests at the third test, so the fights could take to long, we are limited in time. And for those who are not feeling up to this, those who feel like quitting after these explanations come forward now, since we will be starting the preliminary immediately...."

         "Um, I quit," Kabuto said raising his hand.

         "Kabuto-san?" Sakura questioned.

         "Huh?" Naruto exclaimed.

         Hayate checked off his name, and my father spoke, "Now leave. Does anyone else want to quit? This preliminary and the third exam is based on your own judgement, what your teammates do will not effect you."

         "Kabuto-san!! Why are you quitting!!? Why?!" Naruto yelled, my eyes widened, my father gave the boy a harsh glare then me one. Why am I always blamed for Naruto's stupidness.

         "I'm sorry, Naruto-kun, but my body is all beat up. Actually I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear from the time when I got attacked by the Sound Nins before the first test. And now we'll have to risk our lives... I just..." Kabuto trailed off before turning to leave with one last wave goodbye.

         "Are there no more quitting?" Father asked, and Sasuke crouched a little holding onto his curse mark.

         "Sasuke-kun! You should also quit this prelim!" Sakura said.

         "Huh?" Sasuke asked surprised.

         "You have been strange since that Orochimaru guy attacked you. That mark still hurts, right? If you continue...!" She started to cry. "Please... Please quit... I'm afraid..." Sasuke looked down a little. "You are in no condition to fight right now!"

         "Shut up!" Sasuke finally hissed.

         "I can see it! You have been hiding the pain all this time!" Sakura continued.

         "Be quiet," Sasuke ordered.

         "Whatever you say, I'm going to tell the Sensei's about the mark then," Sakura started to turn around, but Sasuke caught her wrist.

         "Shut up about this mark."

         "Why are you so stubborn! I don't want to see you suffering anymore. To me you are-"

         "This has nothing to do with you," Sasuke dropped her wrist. "Stay out of my business. Sakura I have told you before. I'm an avenger. This isn't just a test to me. I don't care about Chuunin or whatever. 'Am I strong?' I just want the answer to that. To just fight strong guys here... And they are here. But I will promise you this.... I can't forgive you if you take that away from me."

         "You bastard! Stop acting all cool! Idiot!! Sakura is this worried and-" Naruto was cut off.

         "Naruto... I also want to fight you," Sasuke said, it shut Naruto up instantly, Sasuke looked at me with shadowed eyes. "But you are beyond injured, you should quit."

         I smiled slightly, "I wish I could..." I mumbled and they all looked at me but I was looking at my father. "But if I do... I'd rather die here now, than face him later saying I quit."

         Sasuke nodded as if he understood.

         "Now if that's all let's begin the preliminary. This will consist of one on one fighting, you will basically fight as if in real life confrontation. The winners will advance to the third test. There is no rules. The fight continues until one of you dies or is knocked out or admits your defeat. If you don't want to die then quickly acknowledge your defeat. If I decide that the winner has been established, I or Hayate will jump in and stop things. And the object that controls your destiny is," As father spoke a giant computer screen started to be uncovered. "Is this electric scoreboard will show the match-ups for each battle.

         "Now, this is sudden but let's announce the 2 names of the first fight," he paused. "It will start in a exact total of 10 minutes. Get prepared."

         I sighed and gave a quick glance at my side which was burning in pain. I really hope I get someone who doesn't like to hurt people very much... "Hey I'll be right back." I murmured walking to the side when father appeared in front of me, sinking into the ground from where he was and then coming from the ground next to me. I ignored people's stares.

         "You're injured," he said in a scolding tone. I bowed painfully in apology. "Raise your head girl." I quickly did so. "Now hand me the scroll, Ibiki gave you."

         I didn't question how he knew I had it, I merely quickly gave it to him. He stared at it with brooding eyes. His Chakra entered the scroll before he touched it to my head. Every last bit of pain that had be present before was gone. I felt nothing.

         "You were weak enough to get injured, pathetic. But you didn't quit this Examination," father didn't give me any look of kindness as he spoke. It was an empty void that sucked away my fear of him just a little. All I wanted was to make him proud. "Don't shame me girl. You will win. You have probably already experienced the results of this scroll. It holds power. Right now you are unable to feel the injuries, but they are there. Soon it will all wear off and the pain will be excruciating. You best be prepared."

         I bit my lip fearfully and nodded.

         "Now leave," he ordered and I did so.

         "I will now announce the first match!" Hayate said and two names appeared on the board. I stared at it confused. There HAD to be a mistake. "Itadori Sana V.S. Itadori Kana."

         What?

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

89.3K 3.5K 23
Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha are normal college students. They're best friends and have two wonderful girlfriends, but when they wake up one day...
832K 29.3K 56
"You're the only annoying person whose company I can really tolerate," confessed Sasuke. I rolled my eyes but this time with a genuine smile. My rig...
909K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...
38.4K 1.5K 28
[Regular weekly update] (Friday-Sunday) We used to be close but people can go from people you know to people to don't~ ...