The Cinderella Punk

By crazymeltzar

Meet Elle. She's nothing but a plain nerdy girl with over sized spectacles. Yeah, hard to believe. On top of... More

The Cinderella Punk [Edited]
Escaping the Monsters (edited)
A Fight to Remember (edited)
An Early Morning Surprise [part 1] (Edited)
An Early Morning Surprise [part 2] (Edited)
The people who care about you (Edited)
Why did he do that? [EDITED]
Come back to me [Edited]
The day just couldn't get any better [Edited]
Pain [Edited]
Nightmare [Edited]
Bloody broken glass [Edited]
Demon Mask [Edited]
Blue eyes, green eyes [Edited]
Scents [Edited]
Slip of the tongue [Edited]
Deadly Dance of the Demon [Edited]
Kidnapped [Edited]
Do you trust me? [Edited]
Do your trust me? [Part 2] [Edited]
Changed [Havoc's story] [Edited]
The Map [Edited]
The Library [Part 1] [Edited]
The Library [Part 2][Edited]
The Garden Room [Edited]
Danger in the maze [Edited]
Confessions [Edited]
Revealed [Edited]
Getting to know you [part 1] [Edited]
Getting to know you [part 2][Edited]
The Battle [Edited]
the Battle [part 2][Edited]
Mourning [Edited]
Friendship [Edited]
Jealousy
Miracle Part 1 [Edited]
Miracle Part 2 [Edited]
Relief and Pain Part 1 [Edited]
Relief and Pain Part 2 [Edited]
House not Home Part 1 [Edited]
House not home Part 2 [Edited]
Leave [Edited]
Heatwave Part 1 [Edited]
Heatwave Part 2 [Edited]
Epilogue [Edited]

Happily Never After [Edited]

223 13 0
By crazymeltzar

Hey guys :) Firstly, I really want to thank all of you, from the bottom of my heart, for all your support these past years. I'm an amateur writer and my command of the English Language is not all fantastic but seeing all the views and votes for this story has really pushed my to keep writing. Secondly, I apologize for all the late updates :( But I really hope that ya'll will continue giving your support and love for the story :D Here's an extra long chapter as an apology :D THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YA'LL! <3 <3 <3

~Crazymeltzar

^.^

EDITED: WARNING VULGARITIES AHEAD.

A fire burned in the hearth of the drawing room as tea was being served. But food was the last thing on my mind, not when I finally has my Angel in my arms.She consumed my very thoughts, my very being. Judging by the pink high on my Angel's cheek, she too was thinking about me.

Ahem...

The sound of my father clearing his throat broke me out of my daze. Giving my Angel one last heated look, I turned to face my parents. My throat constricted when I saw the look on their faces. My dad was frowning and my mum was just looking at the two of us; eyes wide and face pale.

"So...this is the girl that caused your trauma?" My father asked, going straight to the point, his eyes narrowing at Angel.

A sudden tension filled the room.

"No, she didn't cause the trauma. Rather she suffered through it with me," I said softly, my voice loud in the silence. "This woman, Elizabeth Anderson, has been through trauma much worse than mine."

"How so?"

I looked down at my Angel. Do you mind if I tell them everything?

Her eyes softened as she reached out to intertwined out fingers together. Say what needs to be said, my love. I will be with you as we relive the dark memories together.

Not all the memories were dark.

Yes, there were beautiful ones too.

Giving her a small smile, I took a deep breath and began recounting the events to my parents. I didn't know how much time passed but each time a nightmare surfaced, my Angel and I braved it together, giving strength to one another.

I didn't know how much time passed but finally we were reaching the end of our tale. My parents paled as I described in detail what happened in the library and when I reach the part of the library collapsing, I felt Angel's hand around mine tightened.

"But Elizabeth was actually alive. She was saved by her family butler Mitchell," I said, looking down at Angel as I talked. As if sensing my distress,Angel looked up at me and pinned me with her eyes. No matter how many times it happened, the love I saw there robbed me of my breath.

"Because of a collapsed wall, she loss the ability to walk..." My voice broke slightly as I involuntarily pictured the pain my Angel had been through. Angel fingers brushed lightly against my cheek. The small smile she gave me stroked the darkness into submission and I tightened my hold on her waist.

"But being the stubborn fighter she is, she insisted on taking physiotherapy," I finished,my hands resting on her legs. It was painful to watch my Angel suffer.

So that I could see you again, my love, she whispered and I felt a smile make its way to my lips.

I turned back to my parents just in time to see them exchange a look. I frowned. My parents were confused and unsure of what to make of the situation. Finally, my father sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"You two do seem very attached. But to be honest, I don't know what to make of the things you have just told us. It seems like a scene from a fairy tale," my father said, leaning forward to pin Angel with a look that had me bristling.

"I don't know who you are, but it seems like you've put my son under some sort of... hypnotism to make him believe in all this delusional bullshit," he spat vehemently.

I stiffened in shock. I had not expected such an outrageous accusation to come from my father.

"I am not delusional and I'm not under any hypnotism," I hissed between clenched teeth. "Everything I told you was the truth and nothing but the truth."

"There is no evidence of this so called truth," he scoffed. "All this time, I thought something really bad happened, like murder or kidnapping or something, but a children's tale to hide your deviant behavior is really going to far."

I gaped at him incredulously.

"Everything I told you had exactly to do with murder and kidnapping! It was all done by that crazy ass woman who wanted to kill Elizabeth!

"How else do you want me to proof to you? You want me to call Lucas? To call all the drug lords I know? You want me to kill someone in front of you before you will believe me?" I yelled, the darkness within spilling out.

"Jason, calm down," Angel whispered, her hand on my chest the only thing holding me back from lunging at my own father.

I will not stand to have anyone accuse you of lying.

"We have been through hell and back. We have died, but we fought to live. How hard is that for you to understand?"

"What I understand is that this girl here had coerced you into commiting crimes that could have you jailed for a lifetime! You think that everything you just told me was alright?That you can just sweep it under the rug?"

"Of course not! What? You think we wanted to kill people? That we wanted to be tortured time and again? You think I wanted  this? Bullshit, " I spat.

"Things happened and the only way to escape from that psychopath was to confront her. If we could run away we already would have. We had a bounty hanging over our heads. You think we can escape that?"

"You should have just gone to the police, or me for that matter. It's not something for kids to handle."

"Fuck kids! She had the police on her payrole, she had access to all the federal agencies, she even branded her own step duaghter a criminal to the crimes that she herself comitted? We were not going to step back and allow her to put us under her thumb forever," I yelled back.

"So you're telling me that you stopped this criminal, the very women who killed 111 people in four years. The very woman who escaped being put behind bars, the very woman who killed my partner when I was in the force," my father hissed. "All because of a fucking book?"

"The book was a means to an end. I had no choice but to join the underground scene to take her down," I hissed, trying so hard to stop the darkness from seeping out.

My father stiffened. "Underground scene?"

"The book contained contacts to most of the underground kingpins. I had essentially inherited an underground intelligence agency meant for, Elizabeth," I said and watched as my father's eyes widened. 

"Using the Anderson conglomerate and my own weapons companies, I tore Fiona apart financially before hunting down the others in her rat's nest. In doing so I made a reputation for myself that ensured no one else would dare to hunt us."

My father looked at me in shock.

Forgive me, my love. Its because of me that you forced to do those horrible things.

At this I looked down at Angel who had gone pale. Her hands were cold and she was trembling. 

No, baby. I chose to stand by you amd when they took away what was mine, I took my revenge as was due.

But it should not have been you who dirtied your hands. 

The hold on my hand had loosened and her face had turned as white as sheet, her eyes were bright with unshed tears. Before I could say anything more, my father stood up and pointed an accusing finger at Angel.

"This person who was raised by a monster has corrupted you. You girl, don't you have any conscience? How can you let someone else get mixed up in your problems?

"You trapped him in your so called love. You turned my son into a criminal!"

I could feel the energy leave my Angel at his words. Her eyes widened and her lips trembled. When I saw my Angel in that state, my temper snapped and I stood up,causing my father to take a step back in shock. 

My black aura seeped out of me, like tentacles they swirled and curled around everything they came in contact with. I saw fear seep into my father's eyes and my mother who had been sobbing suddenly stopped and her eyes widened.

"That's going too far," I hissed. "I chose to be with her, it is not anyone's fault!"

I was about to take a step forward when I suddenly felt a tug on my shirt. I looked down and saw Angel looking up at me. Her eyes were wide and bright. She was clearly holding back her tears and that made my heart constrict with pain.

I could read the expression on her face. She was blaming herself again. I knew that my father's accusations had cut deep, opening up wounds that had just started to heal. 

Forgive me, Jason. I...Your father is right,  I should have let you go the moment I saw you...

My heart stopped for a moment before it slammed hard in my chest. Instantly I knelt down in front of her, grabbing her cold hands between mine. She turned her head away but not before I caught sight of her lips quivering.

"Look at me my love,"I whispered, desperate to take away the pain beating at her.

When she refused to look at me, I reached out to cup her beloved face.Ever so gently, I turned her to face me and brushed away a stray tear it fell from her eye. No...Her beautiful brown eyes were glazed with pain. No...Angel... don't say that...

"Elizabeth, do you remember what I said to you when we were in the library," I asked softly, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. She sniffed and tightened her grip on my hands.

"You made me promise never to wish us apart again," she croaked. Giving her a small smile, I placed a soft kiss on her cold fingers.

"Yes, and I promised you that I would never leave you again. Never again, my love," I said, trying to comfort her as I looked into her eyes. 

At that my Angel gave me a watery smile but the sadness never left her eyes. Her hands tightened around mine. I watched helplessly as tear after tear fell from her eyes. She was cracking. Her calm demeanor was slowly fading to reveal the fragile woman beneath. 

"It's not too late, Jason," she whispered as she reached out to cup my face, her hands ice cold. 

"You can still leave now. I'll heal, I'll take over everything. I'll even take responsibility for whatever happened. You were just forced into this by me," she cried, her hand slipping from my face.

I could feel the blood drain from my face at her words.

"I'm the mastermind, the true criminal is me not Jason," she croaked to my father. "Please, you must take him with you now. Leave before-"

"No! Stop Angel!" I cried, grabbing her shoulders to force her to face me. "All this is not your fault! Do you hear me? We were forced into this situation, we are the victims here."

She shook her head and pushed weakly against the walls of my chest.

"I will not watch you fall because of me," she whispered, tears streaming down her face. 

"The police have nothing on me, they cannot arrest me without evidence. Trust me baby, everything will be fine," I pleaded, desperate to reassure her, desperate for her. "Trust in me Elizabeth."

She looked up at me, pain in her eyes. I have always trusted you but...

"I don't want you to leave Jason," she whispered, her voice rough with tears. "I don't think I can bear the pain anymore. Not without you."

I froze at her words. I knew that my Angel was in pain. At night or when it was cold, her legs would cramp up. I knew she cried silently in her sleep. She was so used to keeping her pain to herself that even when I was right next to her, she would curl up silently and bear the pain.

The time that I was away from her, when I thought she was gone, Mitchell told me how hard Angel cried. She cried every night. There were times when she would sit at the edge of the balcony, with silent tears rolling down her cheeks. Mitchell had to keep a eye on her for fear she would fall off the balcony.

Instinctively, I rubbed her leg to somewhat warm it. I watched as her eyes darted to my parents and back to me. 

"If you stay with me, you risk losing the only family you have," she whispered, her body trembling, her lips pale.

"You are my family,Angel. You, Lucas, Dani, Tyler and everyone in the Ring." I said desperately, pleading with her to not give up. 

I needed her. She needed me. I knew for a fact that we couldn't be separated from each other for too long a time. Our souls were already welded together so tightly. One couldn't be distinguished from another. Tears fell from her eyes as she looked at me. Pain and sadness reflected back at me.

"Jason...," she cried and I pulled her into my arms, pressing her face to my shoulder. Hot tears soaked my shirt but no sound came out from my Angel. I hugged her tighter as her shoulders shook. My heart jumped when I felt her suddenly sag against me. I pulled back to realize that she had passed out. 

My love, oh my love.

My soul cried out in pain as I looked at my Angel's face, marred with pain and anguish. She was on the verge of cracking, the stress of the argument weighing heavily on her thin, fragile shoulders.

"Jason..."

I scooped her up in my arms, her head resting against my shoulder, before turning to my parents.They were staring at Angel. My parents had a look of regret and pity on their faces. I couldn't feel anything but pain at the moment. I stared at them for a moment before turning my back on them.

"It's late... I'm taking Angel to bed. She needs her rest...Mitchell will show you to your rooms. We'll continue in the morning," I said, my voice devoid of emotion.

"Jason wait... I..."I glared at my father from the corner of my eye, making him stop mid-sentence.

"Goodnight Mother,Father..."

....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 342 39
"I'm starting to question if we met... On purpose. Through Fate... Or whatever." Crossing the line - A story about two girls who were almost swapped...
819 46 40
Felicity Ann Monroe is a unique girl, filled with trauma and a lifetime of struggle has only had one solid thing in her life. Shes a competitive chee...
2.4M 71K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...
18.6K 361 6
During the day Athena is a hardworking, meek, seventeen-year-old school nerd who's berated continuously by her horrible stepmother at home and target...