A Meister's Curse (A Soul Eat...

By May5696

Luna, a meister, and her twin weapons, Drake and Drew travel to Death City at the request of Lord Death himse... More

Luna
Drake and Drew
1-Welcome To Death City
2-Checking Out The City
3-A Familiar Face
4-First Day At The DWMA
5-Luna vs Blackstar
6-Mission With Kid
7-Training And Hanging Out
8-New Power, New Home
9-One Thing After Another
10-The Truth
11-The New Luna
12-Feelings
13-Under The Sea
14-Just Admit It
16-Sleepover
17-Dance
18-A Day Of Shopping
19-Halloween
20-Abandoned City
21-End Of The Owl Witch
22-Fun Day With Embarrassing Moments
23-Just A Bundle Of Joy
24-Arctic Mission Part 1
25-Arctic Mission Part 2
26-An Old Friend Or A New Foe?
27-What A Pest!
28-Forgiveness
29-Princess?! Part 1
30-Princess?! Part 2
31-Princess?! Part 3
32-A Fitting End

15-Battle With The Wolf Witch

900 23 11
By May5696

In the pic is Oakley.
****************************

After it got completely dark, I quietly left the room. I went to the twin's room, opening the door to see Drew reading a novel while Drake read a comic book.

They both looked at me in confusion and Drake asked, "Hey, Lulu. What's going on?"

"Guys, I need your help. Oakley is nearby."

They both stood with wide eyes. Drew asked, "Are you sure?"

I nodded. "I saw her watching me from an alley today."

They said in unison. "Okay then, let's go."

They took their weapon forms and slipped over my hands. I quietly shut their door and made my way downstairs. As I reached for the front door, I heard a voice.

"And where are you three going?"

I jumped in surprise and turned to see Kid. I gave a fake smile.

"N-Nowhere. Just going for a walk."

He eyed Drake and Drew. "And you need your weapons to go for a walk?"

"U-Uh, I..."

I was speechless as he came closer with his hands in his pockets.

"I thought you seemed awfully quiet after you came home today. Please tell me what's wrong, Luna."

I sighed. "I saw Oakley today, as a wolf in an alley. She's close. I finally have a chance to end this. I must find her."

He nodded and smiled. "Then let me come with you. I want to help."

I gave a small smile. "Alright, just hurry."

I waited for him as he rushed to get Liz and Patty. He soon came back with their weapon forms in his hands.

He summoned his skateboard and we quickly flew out of Death City. Holding onto Kid, I looked all around.

We suddenly stopped and I asked, "Why'd we stop?"

"There's some kind of magic field."

I peered around him to see what looked like a giant, light blue bubble. I could see a small figure in the middle of it as we landed in front of it.

Kid looked at me. "I'll enter it first, being a reaper I'm able to withstand things like this."

I nodded as he stepped into the bubble. Nothing seemed to happen, so I stepped in after him. That's when I felt it.

"Hrrrrgh."

I noticed Kid look at me in confusion as I tried to suppress my wolf form. Why am I changing? Is that what this bubble is for?

The twins were forced off my hands as my body shifted. The feeling soon went away and I was now completely in wolf form.

"Luna, why did you change?"

I looked up at Drew. "This magic bubble...it made me transform."

Hearing a wicked laugh, I snapped my head around to see the dark brown wolf sitting in the middle of the area.

I stepped forward. "Oakley!"

She stood up. "I couldn't have you using your magic weapons, now could I? This way, we can have a fair fight. Though I didn't plan on you bringing a reaper."

I growled. "What's the matter, Oakley? Scared? Afraid to fight me in my normal form? Hmph, fine. I'm still going to rip out your soul!"

I approached her, baring my fangs as she did the same. With my ears back, I stared at her, waiting for her to make a move.

Kid's pov

I watched as the two wolves slowly circled around each other. Luna was a bit smaller than Oakley, but I know that size isn't everything.

They closely watched each other, growling and snapping their jaws. In an instant, Luna leapt at Oakley, biting at her as she just barely managed to dodge.

The air was filled with barks and growls as they bit and clawed at each other. I grimaced at how gruesome animal fights were.

The fighting seemed to go on for hours as both wolves were beginning to tire out. Luna finally slipped up, whimpering as Oakley bit into one of her front legs.

At last, there was a pause in the battle as Luna backed up toward us, panting. I began to rush over to help, but stopped when Luna's head snapped around and snarled at me.

"Stay out of this, Kid! This is my fight, not yours!"

I stood in shock as they began fighting again. Drake tugged on my shoulder.

"There's no way you can change her mind. She insists on fighting this fight alone. All we can do is wait and hope for a good outcome."

I watched as Luna managed to bite into Oakley's neck and force her to the ground. She snapped and clawed at Luna, trying to free herself.

She finally managed to kick Luna off her and stood up again. Blood poured from her neck as she growled.

"That's it, time to end this. Wolf, wolf, wolf summons!"

Behind Oakley, a row of light blue wolves emerged. They charged at Luna, who tried her best to dodge. In her tired state, her shoulder was bitten into and her back leg got pretty scratched up.

She whimpered in pain as she almost collapsed right there. Seeing one of the wolves leaping at her, I raised my weapons and shot it before it could reach her.

"This isn't a fair fight anymore!"

I began shooting the blue wolves, causing them to disappear. Luna looked back at me with a tired smile.

Drew then yelled, "We have to get rid of this bubble!"

I smirked. "Leave that to me."

I focused my soul wavelengths and shot up toward the top of the bubble. After a few shots, the bubble popped and was instantly gone.

Luna's pov

As soon as I heard gunshots, I felt my body changing back to normal. I managed to pull myself together and stood up straight.

The twins rushed over to me and transformed, slipping over my hands. I sent a cold glare at Oakley as she quickly changed back to human form.

She had a fearful look on her face before pulling out the familiar whistle. My eyes widened and I rushed forward.

Before I could reach her, she blew the whistle, causing me to stop and hold my ears in pain. I heard footsteps approaching as Kid appeared beside me, shooting the whistle in her hand, shattering it.

I shook my head as I regained my composure. "Thanks, Kid."

He smiled and nodded before returning his gaze to the wolf witch. My bleeding and battered body needed rest, but I pushed past the pain.

Using my magic, I sent fire and ice at Oakley while Kid shot at her. With her own magic, she blocked our attacks. Seeing my weapon's gems turn black, I summoned my shadow wolf.

I charged alongside my wolf and swiped at the witch. She blocked and dodged my attacks, managing to kick me back.

I smirked, seeing that my wolf had snuck behind her. It grabbed her neck in its jaws as she screamed in pain.

Before she could use magic to free herself and attack my wolf, Kid shot a barrage of shots at her, keeping her from moving.

She was definitely a strong witch to not die from Kid's attacks. This was my chance, she was completely immobilized.

"Drake! Drew!"

"Right!"

Our souls began to resonate as we all yelled in unison, "Let's go, soul resonance!"

The twin's gauntlet forms grew into large, glowing claws. In an instant, I charged toward Oakley as Kid's gunshots ceased.

It seemed like everything was in slow motion as I leapt at Oakley with my claws raised, watching the fear grow in her eyes.

"Dragon Claw!"

"Wolf Spike!"

I felt a stabbing pain in my side as my claws sliced through her body. Back on my feet, the spike in my side disappeared along with Oakley's body.

Her purple soul floated where her body once was. I absorbed it into my palm.

In an instant, the pain I had suppressed during battle came back as my strength left my body. I fell to the ground, exhausted from my battle.

Kid's pov

"Luna!"

I rushed over to her fallen form. Her shadow wolf seemed equally concerned about her.

Looking at her bloody, wounded body, I lifted her up into my arms. I could hear the twin's worried voices.

"Luna! Are you okay?!"

Her eyes were closed as her breathing was heavy. I looked at the large wolf.

"Please, take us back to Death City!"

The large wolf crouched down, allowing me onto its back. It immediately took off back toward the city.

I held onto Luna, not caring if I got blood on me. "Just hang on, Luna! You're going to be okay!"

"Kid."

I heard her weak voice as she mumbled my name. She was losing consciousness as we neared the city.

Entering the city, the wolf didn't stop. It took us all the way to the DWMA. The wolf disappeared as the weapons all changed back to human form. I carried Luna through the halls to the Death Room.

"Father, Luna's badly injured! She needs help!"

My father summoned Naigus, who quickly took Luna to the infirmary. I called the rest of the gang to let them know what had happened.

They rushed over and I explained the situation while we all waited around to hear from Naigus. She soon came out of the room.

I quickly asked, "How is Luna? Is she okay?"

"She's going to be fine. She just needs some rest."

Everyone sighed in relief. We all quietly entered to see Luna, bandaged up and lying in bed, still unconscious. The others began leaving, since it was late, except for me and the twins.

Drake eventually said, "I guess we'll be heading home too."

Drew nodded. "Luna's resting, which is what we should be doing."

I looked at them both. "You guys go ahead. I'll stay here."

They both smiled and quietly left. I sat beside Luna's bed, watching her sleeping form. I didn't care how late it was, I wasn't leaving her side.

I was surprised when my father entered the room. "Hey, Kid. How's she doing?"

"She's fine. She's just resting."

I explained to him about the battle and Oakley's death. He simply nodded in understanding.

"Luna's a strong person, I believe she could pull through almost anything."

I nodded in agreement. My father approached me and said, "Staying here when everyone else has gone home, I can tell you really care about her."

I looked away from him as he patted my shoulder before quietly leaving. I returned my gaze to Luna's beautiful face.

A smile tugged at my lips as I watched her. I'll stay here all night if I have to. I won't leave until she's awake.

Luna's pov

I slowly opened my eyes, looking around to see that I'm in the academy's infirmary. Feeling something warm on my hand, I turn my head to see Kid.

With his head resting against the bed and his eyes closed, his hand rested on top of mine. I could see sunlight pouring in through the window.

Did Kid stay here all night? A small smile crept across my lips at the thought. Then the events of last night played through my head.

Oakley's dead. Finally, after so long. I noticed Kid beginning to stir and watched as his eyes slowly opened, his golden orbs looking straight at me.

"Luna, you're awake. How do you feel?"

I groaned. "Like I've been hit by a truck. But I'm also relieved that it's finally over."

He slowly nodded. "Luckily, all your injuries will heal. You're going to be okay."

I sighed. "It's thanks to you, Kid. If I hadn't been so stubborn and let you help me sooner, I wouldn't have gotten this many injuries. I deserve this as my punishment for being such an idiot, thinking I could take her on my own."

I felt his hand gently squeeze mine. "Don't say that, Luna. You're not an idiot, and you don't deserve this for making one, simple mistake. Please don't say that about yourself."

I looked at him in surprise before smiling. "Thanks, Kid."

His thumb began rubbing circles on the top of my hand as he asked, "What about the curse?"

My smile faded as I raised my other hand to my chest. "Oakley's death didn't break my curse. I can still feel the wolf inside me. But I feel a new control over it now."

"So you won't transform unless you want to?"

I nodded. "I guess I'll always have a bit of wolf in me."

"Which is perfectly fine, because either way, you're still you."

He gave me a warm smile which I happily returned. The sound of the door opening caused Kid to pull his hand away from mine.

We looked to see the whole gang entering the room. Everyone crowded around me, talking about how happy they were to see that I was alright.

It was a good feeling, knowing that everyone was worried about me. We all talked a bit until Naigus came in, shooing the others out so she could check on my injuries.

Maple's pov

I circled around the area where my sister fought against Luna. I can't believe she's gone.

"Just you wait, Luna. I'll make you pay for my sister's death."

I flapped my wings and flew away from Death City. I will get my revenge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

940 13 48
A sound soul dwells within a sound mind, and a sound body. Upsetting the balance gives rise to a Kishin egg. Two years ago, Maka Albarn defeated the...
24.2K 791 17
It was just another day in Death City. DWMA was up and about living life to the fullest. Maka's team was yet again assigned a special mission by no o...
964 42 21
This story is basically about a wolf witch named Luna who was challenged by the three best Meisters with their Weapons. Luna defeats them and asks to...
Lost Voice By ris

Fanfiction

6.4K 142 8
Maka was homeschooled by her mother when she travelled with her because her father and mother divorced. It's Maka's first day at Shibusen Academy whe...