The Twilight Saga Sunrise (Wa...

By RunWithJacobBlack

Renesmee wants to live a normal life with Jacob at her side & only Jacob at her side. No life of werewolf & v... More

The Twilight Saga Sunrise. True Loves First Kiss
The Twilight Saga Sunrise. Perfect Until Its Not
The Twilight Saga Sunrise. Welcome Back Wolf Boy
The Twilight Saga Sunrise. Deeply In Love
The Twilight Saga Sunrise. Watching
The Twilight Saga Sunrise. Nomad
The Twilight Saga: Sunrise | Your Still The One
The Twilight Saga Sunrise: Party Crasher
The Twilight Saga: A Little Surprise
The Twilight Saga Sunrise: Speaking the Truth
The Twilight Saga Sunrise: Sugar and Spice
The Twilight Saga Sunrise: The Storm has Died for Now - final

The Twilight Saga Sunrise: The Past Hurts

3.6K 39 4
By RunWithJacobBlack

With the oceans water slowly reaching up to the shoreline of the beach, Jacob finally calmed down and shook his head at Renesmee's words of it being okay. It wasn't, nor was it ever going to be. "It's not," he finally murmured, almost too softly for her to hear. 

Renesmee looked down to Jacob in silent wonder and question as he stared down at the sand in the moonlight. He could feel her gaze upon him in question, but he couldn't find his voice to speak the words which needed to be said.  

After a moment, the back of her hand swept down the side of his cheek softly, calming Jacob just that little bit more he needed to speak again. His eyes closed softly under her touch. It was all he needed to think about what had happened. It was all he needed to make him relax again. He sighed contently and felt her leaning into his side, laying her head on his chest and holding his hand as it stayed wrapped around her. Renesmee looked up to Jacob from the corner of her eye, wondering what was going through his head in that moment. She was worried about him.  

With taking in one more deep breath, his hand reached up to the side of her face and ran his thumb down her cheek and then looked down to her. She smiled slightly, but still, she could see the worry and fear in his eyes. She hadn't seen such a strong look of fear and worry in Jacob's eyes before. He was always so sure of what would happen and how it would turn out. He was always confident things would work out to the way they should, but this time, she wasn't so sure that he thought such things.  

"What are we going to do?" she murmured, looking out to the moon lighting up the waves of the sea and wrapped her arm around his waist. The night was bright with the moon shining down upon the earth. A light and cool breeze swept around the trees, cooling things off a little, to how warm they had been.  

Jacob shook his head, not sure of how to answer her question. He truly didn't know what they were going to do, but he knew what they weren't going to do. "I don't know Ness, I really don't, but I'll tell you what we aren't going to do, and that's go home," he said harshly. There wasn't any way in hell Jacob was going to be forced to go back home just because of that freak of nature Jaden. He didn't care about Jaden's threats and he didn't care about anything Jaden had said or threatened. Jacob was going to do what he wanted, whether Jaden liked it or not! 

Ness looked up to Jacob slightly surprised by what he had said. She was a little worried, but she trusted Jacob with her whole life. She wouldn't ever doubt him and his choices. "But, what about what he had said Jacob? What if he really means what he had said, like how he said 'before it's too late'? And what happened?! You seemed to have kept calm for a moment and then, all of a sudden, you lost it completely. And . . . why didn't you tell me about him? What is going on Jacob? You never keep secrets from me." 

With hearing all the questions coming to him so quickly, Jacob shook his head with the questions over whelming him. He knew he shouldn't have kept what he knew about Jaden from Renesmee, but he didn't want to think about that freak anymore. He didn't want to even think for a second he would have come back into their life. But he had been so wrong.  

With feeling Renesmee's eyes on him in question, he pushed her away softly. "I just need some time to think Ness. Please," he begged and took off running into the waves hitting the shoreline before she could say another word. He needed time to think and to calm down more. He didn't like leaving her just after Jaden had just left, but he needed a getaway and some time to breath.  

Renesmee watched as he ran off into the waves. She knew he needed some alone time to himself. He was used to talking with the pack and running with them or alone on a daily bases. She knew it would have to be a hard change for him to adjust to. She slowly got up and watched the waves crashing while standing for a few minutes with the wind blowing through her air, and then turned her back and headed towards the house to go inside. Ness knew he would be a while and she also knew it wasn't safe to be outside alone. As she reached the veranda of their house, she looked back to the ocean and wondered where Jacob was. She was really worried about him. She knew this new life was something he wouldn't get used to easily, she just hoped he would be okay. 

The wave met the warmth of Jacob's muscular warm body just as it hit the shoreline violently. The coolness of the water against his skin was an instant calmer. Almost like release of stream for a boiling kettle. The water was so fresh and cool against his skin, it felt like it was washing away all of his worries and fears with each lap of the waves hitting him. 

He took his time coming back up to the surface and just enjoyed the feeling of the water around him. Reaching the surface, he gasped for air and ran his hand over his face. It seemed to be the weather had changed drastically for the few minutes he had been under for. He could sense a severe storm was well on its way. The breeze had turned into a strong and cold wind and the waves had turned wild - almost like La Push's waves before or in a storm. He started to wonder if this storm had anything to do with Jaden or not. It just seemed to be coming in all too quickly for his liking. He watched closely as the wind hit the trees, blowing them to the side of the cliff, before breaking one in half and sending it into the ocean near the cliffs. 

He swam up stream and farther up the beach before walking to shore. He passed a few trees and then found a small cliff with a rock on the top of it to sit on. The cliff and rock over looked the horizon of where the storm was coming from. Jacob sat on it, letting the droplets of water slip from his warm skin and into the air as the wind blew or fall onto the rock under him. His eyes closed as he inhaled the ocean's air and scent deeply into his lounges. The wind blew strongly around him and swept through his hair. In no time - between the wind and the warmth of his body - he was dry.  

His arms wrapped around his one knee which touched his chin as he went deep into thought, before something caught his full attention. A shift in the wind, almost like someone phasing and then a hint of sickly-sweet hit the air. Jacob's eyes narrowed and his senses sharpened. He listened closely to each and every movement around him. It wasn't long and he picked up on the sound of footsteps coming closer to him and he knew it definitely wasn't Renesmee.  

He stood quickly and turned around to see Jaden walking up to him from the shallow of the forest behind him. Jacob's eyes narrowed upon the sight of Jaden coming closer to him and with it, his face hardened. 

"Leave me alone Jaden," he growled with a warning. 

"Aw, what, have a fight with your girlfriend Jacob?" Jaden teased while grinning and getting closer to him. Jacob growled with hearing Jaden's words. His hands started to shake as he walked up to Jaden and shoved him in the chest.  

"You would know! You imprinted on her!" he shouted. Jaden grinned again.  

"I did what brother?" he asked teasingly. Jaden knew exactly what he had done. 

Jacob growled again, but louder this time. He hated even thinking as Jaden as family. And he was sure, Jaden knew that. "You know what I mean and you're not my brother," he hissed through clenched teeth. 

Jaden laughed, shaking his head and took another step closer towards Jacob. "That is where you are wrong Jacob. Has your father ever told you the truth about your mother?"  

Jacob stayed quiet and eyed Jaden carefully as he walked around him in a circle, trying to dominate him. With each movement Jaden made, Jacob picked up on it. He was on full alert and expecting Jaden to do anything. He didn't want to hear whatever Jaden had to say, but bringing up the subject of his mother caught Jacob's full attention once more. 

"I thought not," Jaden then said after a moment of Jacob staying quiet. "My mother was your mother. She never did die just from a car crash. She died in the car crash having me," he smirked darkly.  

Jacob's entire body started to shake violently with hearing that. He kept telling himself Jaden was just playing with his head. He knew for himself that both of his sisters had been there on that day. He could remember his mother wasn't pregnant either, nor was she a werewolf. He shook his head, trying to focus enough to speak. "You're lying!" he growled, still shaking violently. "She wasn't pregnant and she wouldn't have cheated on my father. My sisters were in that car crash, they would have remembered such thing. And my mum wasn't a werewolf! You're lying, I know you are!" 

Another sickly sweet smile came over Jaden's lips then. It was the one smile which ate away at Jacob. He just wanted to put an end to Jaden there and then, along with his lies, but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to do it. 

"It was winter, was it not when she was in the accident? It was raining and she had been wearing a lot of jumpers and jackets, because it was so cold? Or was it because she was trying to hide me?" Jaden pressed. He knew all too well what he was doing to Jacob. He just couldn't wait to finally see him crack. "Why do you think your sister's didn't recover as well as you did to your mother's death Jacob?" Jaden waited for an answer to come, but none did. "It's because they knew all along. They knew everything. They knew about me, they knew she was a werewolf, they knew it all, because they were older than you. They understood what was happening and your father wanted to protect you from the truth." 

Jacob kept shaking his head. He refused to believe any of it, but deep down, he knew it was the truth. Things just hadn't added up for him when he was little, the things he had been told about what had happened to his mother, but after a while, he came to accept it all, before forgetting most of it. It had been a very hard time in his family's life, and Jacob hated to think about it at all. Even now it hurt to think back to the good times they had together. 

A loud crack of thunder came abruptly and then a bright flash of lightning. Jacob's body was still shaking violently as he stared into the eyes of his half-brother. Flames raged up and down his spine with his inner wolf threatening to come fourth, but he kept it at bay. "You're lying," he hissed in a low and almost silent tone. He wanted to believe Jaden was lying or this was just a really bad dream, but he knew it wasn't. He could feel it and sense it was all true. 

With another crack of thunder, the rain came down hard as hail upon his body. Each droplet strung upon its heavy impact, but he ignored it altogether. Any damage done would heal in seconds. Another grin came to Jaden's face. "Really?" he questioned. "If I'm lying then, you won't be worried about going home and asking your father and sisters about it?" 

Those few words had cut Jacob deep. A snarl escaped his lips as he was just about to let his inner wolf take over and Jaden disappeared altogether again. "Come back you coward!" Jacob shouted through the violent and harsh storm. He stood in the rain for a moment, waiting and listening, but nothing happened.  

He growled in frustration and dropped to his knees. Things were just so hard, so complicated and it was only getting worst. Nothing was easy, he just kept finding out more and more things he didn't want to know. Starting off when he first phased. That was when it all became hard! 

He shook his head in disbelief. He didn't know what to do anymore, but he knew, Jaden had told him those things to make him go back home. He was trying to get him to walk into a trap and Jacob wasn't going to take the bait. He wasn't going to let Jaden win. Ever! 

He growl, looking up to the darkened night before him. The lightning flashed as the rain got even heavier. He wasn't going to let Jaden affect his life. He was going to act like he hadn't ever met Jaden. Nothing was going to change. 

He stood to his feet and slowly started to walk back towards home. So many things were going around in his head now, all of it too much for him to handle. He wanted to go back home and ask his father about his mother and find out if what Jaden had said was true, but he couldn't go home now and he wasn't going to either. But that didn't stop his mind from throwing questions of what had happened to her, nor did it stop the graphic images of what may have happened to her. He had been there at Renesmee's birth and he knew Renesmee didn't want to hurt Bella and yet she did severely. He didn't even want to think what Jaden had done to . . . their mother when he wanted to hurt her. Things were just too clear in his mind now. It all hurt too much. 

He took off raining in the rain and then got to the veranda of the house. As he went to open the door, he noticed it was locked. He knocked on it gently. "Ness open up, it's me." Within that second of him speaking, the door opened and her arms wrapped around his neck tightly. Her sweet scent calmed him down as he held her tightly within his arms.  

"Oh my god Jacob, are you okay?" she asked then and pulled back to look at him and then saw the red bruises the rain had caused. Her finger tips ran over them briefly and then her gaze went up to Jacob's.  

"I'm okay," he murmured softly with a small smile.  

"What happened out there?" 

"They're just from the rain Ness. They'll heal, don't worry." 

"Jacob, you've been gone for four hours. Where did you go? What's going on?" 

He bit his lip with his gaze dropping to the floor. He looked back up to her and took her hand into his. "I've got some stuff to explain. I found Jaden again . . . and, he's my half-brother." Renesmee's eyes went into shock with hearing that. She shook her head in disbelief as he started to explain everything on the couch inside their house. 

She couldn't believe the things she was hearing, it was like Jacob's life from when he was nine was a lie. He had thought his mother had died in a car crash and it had been a whole lie if what Jaden had said was true. She couldn't and wouldn't accept the truth of Jaden also imprinting on her. As far as she was concerned, Jacob was the only one who had imprinted on her and he was the only one she loved and would ever love. It made Jacob happy to hear that. At least one thing was going right for him in his life. He didn't know what he would do without Renesmee. He always wanted her by his side. He loved her too much to ever lose her. 

Renesmee agreed with Jacob on not going home just because of Jaden's threat, but that still didn't stop her from worrying. She didn't want to go home, but she was worried about her family and the pack. She didn't like how Jaden seemed to have a hold of them in every way possible. He had them both wondering if his words had been true or not, or if he was just playing with their heads with his lies. She could see Jaden had hurt Jacob a lot with what he had said about Jacob's mother. She had always known the subject of Jacob's mother was one which hurt him whenever it was brought up. He had been so close to his mother, almost as much as his two sisters were. 

Her hands swept down the side of his face as she looked to him staring at the carpet of their home, deep in thought. With feeling her touch, his face turned to look at her and a smile came to his lips. She made his whole day a lot better, just by being around him. 

"I love you," he murmured softly, brushing his lips over hers as his arm around her waist tightened slightly. She smiled against the warmth and smoothness of his lips and murmured the same words back to him. He pulled away with remembering something. "I've got something for you," he said and stood up. Renesmee tilted her head to the side in question. He smiled again and walked over to the kitchen table. "Close your eyes." 

He picked up the sparkling Iphone within its cover and hid it behind his back as he walked back over to her and sat down beside her. He took her right hand and placed it in her palm while watching her eyes, knowing she was likely to peak. "Okay, open." He watched her face light up with seeing the Iphone in her hand and the pink case around it with fake white diamonds sparkling in the light. She had always wanted an Iphone since they had come out when she was little, but they weren't the best of the best her family thought, so she never did get one until now. She smiled brightly, looking it over and then wrapped her arms around Jacob's neck. "Thank you so much Jacob," she whispered against the skin of his neck. 

"You're your welcome Ness," he smiled. He loved giving her things which made her smile and scream with excitement. He spoiled her rotten whenever he could and had the money too. The Cullens tried not to spoil Ness too much encase it all went to her head with being a little child. Jacob had even gotten into trouble a few times with giving her expensive things. It was lucky he had Alice on his side for when that type of thing happened - as Alice did the very same thing too with Renesmee's clothes. 

She sat back in the chair, looking over her new phone while smiling brightly. She then looked up to Jacob, while biting her lower lip. He titled his head to the side, sensing something different within her now. She smirked crookedly and teasingly before standing to her feet and going into the kitchen. She started pulling out pots and pans and then she went into the fridge and got out some food. Jacob's eyes went slightly narrow with confusion. "What are you doing?" he asked while walking into the kitchen and leaning against the counter.  

"I'm cooking you dinner," she smiled brightly. Now that was something new. Renesmee hadn't ever cooked in her life, though she did know what she was doing in the kitchen. She had always watched Jacob or her mother cook her things when animal blood wasn't enough or wasn't available. She did know how to cook, but there hadn't been a need for her to try it out until now. 

"I can do that," he whispered with his arms wrapping around her. "Don't worry about it." 

She shook head smiling. "No, I want to Jacob. You've done so much for me lately. I want to do something in return for you." 

He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Thank you, but at least let me help you." He gave her his best puppy-dog eyes he could muster. She rolled her eyes at him with a giggle, quickly giving in. They both knew, once the puppy-dog eyed card was played, she always gave in. It was one of her biggest weaknesses when it came to Jacob. He was just too damn cute and hot for her. 

He smiled cockily as he knew she had given into him. He went over to the sink and washed his hands before getting the pork chops she had set out, from their tray and started to cook them while she took care of the vegetables. In no time, their dinner was cooked. Slowly cooked pork chops with steamed vegetables.  

After dinner, they sat together watching TV for a while. Outside, it was still raining heavily and the lightning and thunder made the power flick every now and then. The wind was crazy. At one point Jacob thought it was going to blow down the whole house. It was just that strong. He couldn't help but have his thoughts wonder off to Jaden. Maybe he was the one causing this storm? He hoped not, or that would just show how strong the hybrid was. That thought scared him a little. He didn't know what to expect from Jaden's strength. He was half werewolf, half vampire, so surely he was stronger than a wolf or a vampire. But then, he wondered about that. Every time Jacob went to attack him, Jaden disappeared. He was curious to know if he just disappeared to tease and annoy Jacob more, or if he wasn't as strong as he made himself out to be. Maybe he disappeared because he wasn't strong enough to fight and win? Jacob hoped that was true.  

Renesmee sat up after a moment. He looked up to her confused to why she was standing. He then noticed the TV had been turned off. She giggled at him. "What are you doing?" he asked, still slightly confused. "What happened to the movie?" 

"It's over Jacob. It's dawn. I think it's time for bed," she answered. 

He looked out the window to see the rain still falling, the dark, almost black sky and the lightning flashing off on the horizon. It was dawn, a little past it really. He looked back to the TV's black screen. He hadn't spaced out for that long, did he? He must have. He then felt Renesmee sit on the couch beside him again, and wrap her arm around his shoulders. "Are you okay Jacob?" she asked softly, knowing it wasn't like him to lose track of time and what they were watching together. He hadn't ever done that before, apart from their one passionate night on the beach he had lost track of time completely, both of them had. Her cheeks turned a light red at that thought. How perfect that night had been. She wanted another one just like it. 

He nodded in silence. "Yeah I'm fine. I just . . ." he trailed off, not sure what to tell her. He didn't want her to worry about him, but he already knew she knew what was wrong with him. 

"You just have a lot going on, right?"  

He looked to her and nodded. "Yeah," he answered, smiling briefly. "But, I'm fine. Don't worry. Go to bed, I'll be up in a minute." 

"Okay. I love you," she whispered and kissed his cheek. He watched her walking up the stairs and into their bed room, before he picked up the remote control and turned the TV right down. He flipped through the channels with a feeling like there was something telling him to, and sure enough he had been sensing and feeling right. On the news was another photo of a russet wolf on the beach, but this beach was a Miami Beach. He knew it was him and he knew who had gotten that photo on the news, just like last time. His hands turned into fists before he took three deep breaths and turned off the TV. He wasn't going to let Jaden win, there was no way this was going to stop him from doing what he wanted to do and live.  

He stood up and slowly walked into their room and saw Renesmee already asleep in their bed. There was a content smile on her face. He quickly snuck past the bed and into the bathroom. He undressed and stepped into the cool water of the shower, allowing it to run over his back and chest. All of the bruises the rain had caused were gone completely, all that was left of the night was the memories and words Jaden had spoken, echoing in his head. The cold water did nothing to ease his mind.  

Quickly he turned the water on more and made it warmer in hope maybe a different temperature would distract his mind. But it didn't. He stepped out of the shower and dried himself briefly, before walking over to his side of the bed and lying down. Renesmee woke slightly and wrapped her arms around his naked torso while leaning into his warm damp and muscular chest. He looked down to her and smiled. His arms wrapped around her as she came closer to his body. Feeling her beside him calmed his nerves a little. His arms wrapped around her tightly as his eyes drifted to a close with trying to not think of what the day had brought. He just hoped the next would be better. 

Just as Jacob got to sleep, Renesmee's face grimaced at a slight pain in the side of her stomach. She was half asleep when it happened and just thought it was part of a dream. She smiled with glancing up at Jacob, seeing he was asleep. She had been worried he wouldn't after what had happened in the day. She leaned back down on his chest and inhaled his musky scent while listening to both his breathing and heart beat before falling asleep again in his arms. It was the perfect place in her mind to fall asleep in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 245 92
Renesmee never had a normal childhood. Or a childhood at all really. But now she's determined to understand what it's like to be normal. She steps in...
38.7K 1.3K 69
STORY COMPLETE Two best friends, about to enter into the dating scene separately. Except the boy is a werewolf and the girl a vampire / human hybrid...
62.8K 1.2K 39
Interpretation for after Breaking Dawn. Focused on Renesmee and Jacob. :)
679K 12K 27
The promised visit of the Volturi came sooner then expected for my family. Instead of a wintery war we were getting one under the midnight sun. This...