Darkness and LIght(Revised)

Par AmandaCrabill

A story of two dwarven women, twin sisters, whom are born with a rare ability of using magic. One sister cho... Plus

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Eleven

35 3 0
Par AmandaCrabill

The next morning, Lydia was the first to wake up, shortly followed by Thorin, as the two of them went to the market that morning to buy things to restock the Hobbit's pantry, on top of purchasing ingredients to make breakfast that morning.   Once the two dwarves had finished their shopping, they returned to the Hobbit's home,  Lydia began working on breakfast, with the help of Bombur, Fili and Kili.  "You look different with black hair, Lydia! You look like a while different lady!" beamed Fili. "I like the new look on her-makes her look more princess-ey!" said Kili. Thorin rolled his eyes.  Once breakfast is cooked and served, everyone began to eat.  "Is Bilbo coming with us?" asked Lydia  "I doubt it.  He may have changed his mind after that little story Bofur told him about the dragon!" grinned Dwalin.   "He's going to come, mark my words--and to anyone who doubts him, should go suck an egg!" grumbled Lydia .  Thorin's eye brows raised in hearing such words coming from the Dwarf Princess in Exile's lips 

  "I  cannot believe she had just said that!" Fili whispered to his brother. "I'm surprised Uncle isn't getting upset about what she had just said." Kili whispered back. "Alright, let's gather our belongings, we're going to move out!"announced Thorin.  And so after eating breakfast, and cleaned up the dishes, Lydia and the rest of the dwarves gathered up their belongings and they left Bilbo's home to meet outside the Green Dragon Inn.   Thorin felt amazed that Lydia still owned her own pony, Dark Canyon.   "I cannot believe you still own Canyon, Lydia--you had her for a long time! Shouldn't you be getting a new pony?" asked Thorin, as he helped Lydia load Canyon.  "Canyon's fine! She still is quite healthy, even if she is old, and quite stubborn too." said Lydia.  "Just like someone I know!" joked the Dwarf Leader.  "You shouldn't be the one to talk! You're the Master at being stubborn!" shot back Lydia. Thorin laughed. 

 After loading up the pony, Lydia mounted and they waited to see if Bilbo was going to show up or not.  And already the dwarves had made wagers on whether the Hobbit would be going or not.  They even talked Lydia into getting involved with the betting, but Lydia declined.  Lydia was never really much of a gambler, and didn't care too much for it.   It wasn't too long that the Hobbit arrived, running towards them, waving contract in hand.   Bilbo hands over the contract to Balin, as the older dwarf looked it over.  "Well, it appears everything is in place! Welcome to the Company of Thorin Oakenshield!" said Balin, smiling at the hobbit.  "Give him a pony!" said Thorin, bluntly. "Wait! Wait! I can walk! As far as Frog Mort.." began Bilbo, when suddenly Fili and Kili lifted up the hobbit, and placed him on an extra baggage pony. 

 *******************************************************************************************

Orc  Camp

Forty Miles away

    Charmaine and Azog together sat and waited for the orc scouts return from their hunt.  Charmaine had been in a very foul mood for years since she had lost contact with her sister Lydia, whom she wanted to track down and kill herself.  "You know, love, it may have something to do with the Maiar! They must have placed a spell on her where you cannot reach her." said Azog.   "And how would you know that, Azog? You're not a wizard, you don't now much about magic! What makes you think the Maiar had something to do with it?" said Charmaine sharply.  "Love, I've been around for many years, and destroyed many enemies to know, as you recall I have killed one of the blue wizards." said Azog, darkly.   "It doesn't matter! I want my sister to be found, and I WANT HER DEAD!!" Charmaine screamed, angriliy.  Azog moved closer to her, as he laid his hand on her shoulder.  "Don't you worry love, she will be found! Alongside with the Dwarf Scum whom she is courting! The same dwarf, whom I've been tracking down since Moria!" said Azog, gently, as he began kissing her neck.  "Not now, Azog! I am not in the mood for this right now!" snapped Lydia, as she shoved the Orc away from her. 

 Azog snarled in anger.   Suddenly the orc scouts arrived.  "Well? What did you find?" demanded Azog to the orc scouts.  "We have found the Company of Dwarves, sire.  In fact, there are thirteen in all, plus they have two others with them! One a halfling and the other a dwarf woman!" replied the Orc Scout.  "The Dwarf woman?! Who is she? What does she look like?" asked Charmaine quickly.  "She has black hair and grey eyes, My lady.  It's not the same woman you seek!" said Orc scout gravely   Hearing this, set Charmaine in an angry rant, as she screamed in rage.   Suddenly, she reached out and grabbed the orc by the throat, and began shaking him.  "You stupid little bastard! You were sent out to do one job, and you didn't do it! Why I ought to kill you!!" screamed Charmaine.  Suddenly, she felt Azog's large hand strike her across the face.   "Never attack my orcs without my consent again, is that understood, woman?!!" bellowed Azog.  "Yes, Azog!" said Charmaine quietly. 

*******************************************************************************************

The Company. 

 It was early evening, as the Company stopped to make camp.   After Lydia set up her bedroll, she helped Bombur in cooking dinner.    After supper, everyone gathered around the fire to tell stories, and Lydia even told stories of her own, and her fondest memories during her stay in Erebor--but she left out the worst of her memories.  She didn't want to talk about them, and most of the dwarves,  especially Thorin, understood that.   Lydia, whom was sitting next to Bilbo, took out a knife, and she began carving on some wood.  It was a hidden talent that she had kept to herself for a while, until Bilbo and several others watched her.  "I didn't know yer had an interest in woodworking lass!" spoke up Bifur, in his language, as he stood nearby and watched her.   

Lydia looked up at the dwarf and smiled.  "I've been doing this as long as I can remember!"  Lydia replied back to Bifur, in the same manner.   "What are you making,  Lydia?" asked Bilbo.  "I'm making a pipe." replied Lydia.  "Who is the pipe for? You?" asked Gloin.  "No, I'm making one for Thorin.  Thorin told me not to long ago, his broke." Lydia replied.   "Does Thorin know you're making him a pipe?" asked Balin, with a smile.  "Nope, he doesn't.  And I wish for this to be a surprise, so please any of you, do not tell him about this! I'm almost finished with it, and I will be able to give it to him tonight!" said Lydia.  "Can you make me a pipe, Lydia?" asked Bilbo.  "Why of course, I will! I will make one for you after I finish Thorin's." said Lydia smiling at the Hobbit.  It had been a real honor for Lydia of getting requests of items to be made, especially from someone outside her race.

  And it warmed her heart when Bilbo put in a request for a pipe, which made her night completely.   As the evening progressed, Lydia had finished her pipe for Thorin, and she began working on another pipe for Bilbo.  While she done that, the Dwarves began to sing some songs.      Later on, after that, Bilbo wanted to sing.  "Remember that old song I tried to teach you?" said Bilbo.  "Yes?" said Lydia.  "Would you mind joining me in singing it?" asked the Hobbit. "Bilbo, you know I cannot sing. I have a very bad voice! Besides that, I'm not a public singer anyways!" said Lydia.  "Oh, please sing Lydia! We wouldn't mind hearing you sing!" called out Fili.   Shit! Of course they had to put their two gold coins in! thought Lydia.   Suddenly the entire company began to chant to her and Bilbo.  "Sing! Sing! SING! SING!" all the dwarves chanted.  "Oh alright, I'll sing!" said Lydia, and she and Bilbo stood up as the two of them began to sing a song that Bilbo had recently written himself (he borrowed some paper from Ori, before jotting the song down). 

There is an inn

a merry old inn

Beneath an old grey hil

And there they brew the beer

so brown

The Man in the Moon himself

down, one night to drink his fill

The ostler has a tipsy cat

That plays a five stringed fiddle

And up and down he runs his bow

Now squeaking high, purring low

Now sawing in the middle.

   And as Bilbo and Lydia sang, they danced around as Bofur took out his flute, and began playing along, as well as Dwalin too on his viola, and the  rest of the company clapped and danced along as well. The only person there that wasn't dancing was Thorin, whom stood, now angry and glaring jealously at Lydia and Bilbo, and the more he watched the two of them dance together, the angrier the dwarf had gotten, and he walked away, without being noticed by the rest of the Company.  Once the song ended, everyone clapped their hands, and praised Bilbo and Lydia on the song.  "And you said you didn't sing good! You got quite a voice on yer, lass!" said Bofur.  "Thank you, Bofur." said Lydia, as she scanned around the area for Thorin.  And she noticed Thorin wasn't there.  It surprised Thorin didn't join them on the merriment, as she wondered.  Suddenly, she felt Balin's hand on her shoulder. "Thorin normally doesn't join us in on the merriment---since the day his Grandfather and brother died in the Battle of Moria." said Balin softly. 

  Lydia understood that, and she decided to  leave Thorin be, and to give him some alone time.   The next morning, the Company set out, and Lydia rode up next to Thorin.   "Hey, Thorin! I'm surprised y ou didn't join us last night! I was hoping to share a dance with you!" said Lydia.  "Take your pony, you'll be riding in the back with your Hobbit!" demanded Thorin, angrily. "Thorin, what in the hell is the problem now?!" snapped Lydia.  "The problem is YOU Lydia! I said move to the back! NOW!" shouted Thorin angrily.  "Fine!" snapped Lydia, as she turned her pony around, and rode to the back where Bilbo is riding his pony.  Suddenly, it was Fili who stopped her.  "Would you mind telling me what was all that about?" asked the blonde dwarf.  "I don't know, FILI!" snapped Lydia angrily, and she rode passed him. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

832 18 15
My character is called Siri, Thorin's daughter and cousin to Kili and Fili. She has a secret that she has kept hidden from her friends and family for...
279K 9.7K 67
When Mereniver Hador, a girl in her late teens, is discovered to be a memaid, she has to run. She flees into the forest in hopes that she will never...
53 0 12
Two Parents decided to take care of one child better than the other one. But the other grew twisted and angry. He Then grew powerful and stronger and...
39 4 5
During his stay in Angren-Adorn, Thorin meets Raven, who seems like she knows of him. A female who has been rumored to be a Blue Wizard with the same...