Ready To Run // h.s

By _HakunaMatata_

"This time I'm ready to run, escape from the city and follow the sun." "Well, I should probably get going."... More

summary
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
FOURteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
PUBLISHING A BOOK.
The Resistance // h.s

twenty

64.6K 3.5K 2.7K
By _HakunaMatata_

want a dedication? all u gotta do is comment somewhere in the chapter fam

.

mia
.

"Here's the key," Harry smiled. "I want you to open the door."

"I thought you said this suite was cheap?" I chuckled. "This is a five star hotel and we're on the top floor."

"Just open it, Mia."

I turned the keys into the keyhole and pushed the door open. The room in front of me was anything but cheap. Everything looked so fancy and brand new, like the hotel knew we were coming and completely refurnished a room for us.

The majority of the room was pure white and on the floor lay a few fluffy red rugs. A white, King sized canopy bed faced a flat screen television that was as big as the entire wall it hung on. There were a few red couches on the opposite end of the room that sat just in front of an outdoor space. Outside, I could just see a small pool on a patio out looking the ocean.

Cat slipped out of Harry's hoodie and bounded into the room. She wasn't supposed to be inside the hotel, so he had to sneak her in, and I prayed that she didn't ruin the furniture. Everything looked so amazing that to even walk through the entryway made me feel like I would ruin it all.

"You didn't have to do this." I said, exasperated.

"I know." Harry shrugged, setting our bags down. A single beat went by before I squealed and hugged him as tight as I possibly could before running to the canopy bed and jumping on it. Before I could even sit up, I felt the bed sink down next to me as Harry jumped on it beside me.

"Damn, this is comfy." Harry said. "Or maybe I've gotten too used to sleeping on the bed in the bus."

"How are we supposed to get back in the bus after being in this place?" I laughed. "I say we stay in Florida for the rest of the trip. We can whale protest every day, if you want."

"Sounds like a deal." Harry said, grabbing my waist and snuggling into me. "I'm so sleepy but I want to go swimming. Come swim with me, please?" He looked up at me with a serious look on his face that I couldn't deny even if I tried my hardest.

"Isn't it, like, almost midnight?" I asked.

"It's called night swimming, duh." Harry sat up and sauntered over to the bags that he had left at the front door, opening his up in search for his swimming trunks. I rolled my eyes and laughed at him before imitating his actions, zipping open my own bag and grabbed my bathing suit.

"Be right back." Harry called over his shoulder as he walked into the bathroom, his bathing suit slung lazily over his shoulder. Once the door was locked, I got undressed and into my bikini as quickly as I could before he could come back out.

After changing, I opened the sliding glass doors to the patio and walked out. The air was chilly on my almost-bare skin, but it was a nice feeling. The pool was lit up by several underwater lights, and I realized after dipping my toe in the water that it was heated and felt like bath water. Cat had joined me on the patio, too, dipping her paw in the water before running back inside with discontent.

"Hows the water feel?" A voice from behind me said moments later. Harry stood in the doorway wearing yellow trunks that were low on his hips. My eyes were trained on his face, not daring to look anywhere below.

"Amazing." I answered honestly.

"You're, uh, bathing suit looks very nice." Harry said.

"It's plain and black." I smirked.

"Uh, yeah." Harry mumbled.

I turned away from him, hiding my smile as I took the steps into the pool. It wasn't necessary for me to even take the time to get adjusted to the water, it felt much better than being out in the open air. Harry did a cannonball a few feet away from me, making me squeal as he caught me by surprise.

There was a tug on my foot before Harry came up for air. His curly mane looked so much longer than it's usual, dry manner, flowing all the way past his shoulders. He took a hair tie from his wrist and tied his hair around it, fixing it into a perfect messy bun that even I didn't know how to master.

"I should have brought out some alcohol." Harry murmured.

"So you can get me drunk and then drown me in the pool?" I teased. "Drinking and swimming is unsafe, Harry. I'm clumsy enough in a pool without being intoxicated."

"You're clumsy enough on land as well." Harry admitted. "Plus, it doesn't help that you're an extreme lightweight."

"Am not!" I protested. "I can handle alcohol, thank you."

"Is that right, Susan? May I remind you how we met? You sat next to me at a bar looking like you hadn't a clue what a drink was and the bartender was too blinded by your looks to check the age on your ID because there is no way you can pass for 25."

"Maybe I should get that changed." I admitted. "Think I can pass for 22?"

"Barely."

"Let's be real here, I can probably still pass for 12." I confessed with a laugh as I floated on my back. Harry swam over to a pool noodle that was floating aimlessly around the pool and used it to slap the water in front of me, causing him to earn a glare.

"Keep your noodle to yourself."

"That's what she said."

"Harry, that wasn't even funny." I pointed out. "How am I the younger one out of the two of us? You act like you're still a prepubescent boy who just discovered the world of boobs and mom jokes."

"Your mum."

"Good one."

"That's what she said."

"Harry!" I shouted, taking his pool noodle away from him as he laughed so hard that he had to grab onto the edge just to hold himself up. He was in one of those weird moods where everything he said made himself laugh. "You're not funny."

He frowned.

"I am funny." He said. "I am hilarious."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"You did not just say that!" Harry swam quickly towards me and I screamed, attempting to doggy paddle away from him and failing miserably. He grabbed me by the waist and threw me over his shoulders, walking over to the steps and getting out.

"Harry Styles, put me down!" I smacked his back as he carried me through the chilly air.

"Sorry, no can do." I could feel his chest vibrate from his laughing. He stood at the edge of the pool and jumped with me still over his shoulders. Not even a second went by before I was pulled under the water by him. I accidentally sucked up a bit of water just from laughing whilst we were under.

We both broke the surface of the water, laughing harder than I think we've ever laughed before. I jumped on top of him and dunked him back under the water as a sign of revenge for him nearly drowning me two seconds ago.

"Truce! I call a truce!" He shouted when his head was out of the water.

"Fine." I sighed. "I'm tired, anyways. Can we go to bed?"

"We've been in the pool for not even fifteen minutes, Mia!"

"Sorry, I got a little tired from you trying to drown me." I said.

"Fair enough." Harry sighed. "But only if you promise to go to the gym with me tomorrow. You can be my coach."

"Your coach can't even do one pull up, I'm not sure how well that's going to work." I pointed out. He laughed and climbed out of the pool with me right behind him. We both toweled off before heading inside and getting ready for bed.

That night, I probably slept better than I had ever slept in my entire life. The canopy bed was more like sleeping on a cloud than sleeping on a bed, and laying in Harry's arms was probably the most soothing feeling I have ever felt in my life. His touch made my heart feel all warm and fuzzy, despite all of my attempts in turning myself off to him.

I was beginning to realize. No matter what, it would be impossible for me to run from my feelings like this. I finally understood what those millions of adoring fans felt every time they looked at him. In the end, I knew one of us would end up hurt, but there was no stopping my feelings. I would continue to admire him in silence, I decided, since it would be impossible for him to ever like me.

I fell asleep to the sounds of Harry humming a tune I did not know as he rubbed my back gently.

.

.

"Ten more, you've got this!" I shouted.

Harry was on the ground and I was hovered above him at the hotel gym. We had gotten up at eight and then made our way down here at nine so that he could work out. He was currently doing five sets of twenty push ups and was on his last set.

"Five more!" I cheered.

Once he completed the five, he dropped to the ground with a huff. His face was red and sweaty. His hair was tied back and around his forehead was a headband to collect his sweat. So far we had been going at this for an hour and Harry still seemed adamant on continuing with his work out routine.

"You need a drink break." I decided, throwing him his water bottle. He nodded and unscrewed the cap, taking the water by sips and holding it in his mouth for a bit, swashing it around. Afterward, Harry wiped his mouth and stood back up. "What's next?" I asked.

"I think you should work out now." Harry said. "I'll help you do one pull up."

"I've never been able to do a pull up in my life." I laughed lightheartedly. "I have absolutely zero upper-arm strength."

"Well, that's why I'll be there to help you." Harry encouraged me as we walked over to the pull up bar. I glanced up at it then back up at him, still not convinced.

"Seriously, I can't do this." I laughed nervously. "I have stick arms. They'll snap in half."

"I want you to jump up and grab the bar. When you feel like you're going to drop, tell me. Okay?" Harry coached me. Still not sure on what his motives were, I rubbed the sweat off my palms and onto my yoga pants before jumping up and grabbing onto the bar.

I grunted and pulled up as much as I could, which was about half the bar.

"Okay," I said. "I'm gonna fall."

I felt Harry's weight under me. He held me up so that I was sort of sitting on his shoulder and pulled me up so that I was much farther than past the top of the bar. Once I was at the top, Harry slowly let go of me and I lowered myself to the bottom of the bar before hopping off.

"Thanks." I smiled. "My twig arms are still intact."

"Told you." Harry smirked. "I think we're done for today."

"I'm ready to go swimming again." I admitted. "Unless someone decides to try and kill me by throwing me in the pool again, then I'm staying far from the pool."

"I promise that will not happen again." Harry said, trying to look serious but failing as he began laughing not even a few moments later. "I swear, Mia. I'm a man of my word."

"If you push me in the pool again you will have to go protesting by yourself." I warned him. "I mean it, I'm serious. Push me in and you'll be saving the whales all alone." I didn't even have to look at Harry to know he was pouting.

We went up to the elevator and pushed the button for our floor. Harry's phone rang and he slipped it out of his pocket, glancing at the screen briefly before hitting the answer button and pressing the device up to his ear.

"Hello?" He said. The phone was turned down too much to hear whoever was on the other line. "Yes, this is he... Mia?"

At the mention of my name, my eyes rose from the ground and I looked at Harry in confusion. What would any one of Harry's friends want with me or even know who I was?

"Can I ask who this is?" He asked again, confusion written all over his face, as was mine. "I'm sorry, but I can't give the phone to her unless I know who this is."

The look he was giving me was concerning. From the bits and pieces that I could hear, whoever was on the other line had a deep voice. They were either a male or a female with a very low vocal range. He mouthed something to me, but I was horrible at reading lips and had no clue what he was trying to say.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that." Harry said. "Can you just tell me who this is?"

The next few seconds seemed to be going by in slow motion. I didn't hear what the man on the phone was saying, but when he spoke again it made all the color from Harry's face drain. After that, his face turned red with anger. It confused me, because I was only hearing one side of the conversation, but I had a bad feeling.

Harry spat something about "never calling this number again" before hitting the hang up button. He shoved his phone into his pocket and looked me dead in the eyes before he spoke.

"It was Matthew."

.

.

a/n: dang it matthew u suck

also MADE IN THE AM???? INFINITY????? holy moly

-delilah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 81.4K 35
[✓] ∥ It all happened in a split second. One moment I was on his back, and the next one I was lying on the ground, watching the man who would be resp...
4.1M 25.5K 200
a huge book of one direction preferences [ first book- completed ]
2K 20 17
Chloe is a typical teenage girl. She loves One Direction and her friends, and has everything she could have ever wanted. Until news off her parents s...
23.8K 538 27
**SEQUAL TO YOU’RE STILL THE ONE!!!** You’ve followed the story of Louis and Jovi meeting and falling in love. But now they are engaged and a whole n...