Darkness and LIght(Revised)

AmandaCrabill tarafından

A story of two dwarven women, twin sisters, whom are born with a rare ability of using magic. One sister cho... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Seven

65 3 0
AmandaCrabill tarafından

Late Fall, 2850

  It had been late fall, as things had been running smoothly in the Dwarven Fortress.  Lydia not only worked in her forge, but also became a healer, as well, working under internship of Oin.   It was that same year,  Dis and Vili made a big announcement that Dis is pregnant.   The news excited everyone, and Lydia wanted to throw a party to celebrate the occasion.   That same night, as they celebrated the news, Lydia and Dis spoke.  "Has Thorin ever asked you to marry him yet, Lydia?" the Dwarf Princess asked.  "No, he hasn't asked me yet." Lydia replied.  "I'm surprised, the two of you had been courting for some time! He could at least ask you to marry!" said Dis.  "He's been too busy, ruling Ered Luin, Dis.   With him being a leader now, a good leader has to take good care of his people too!" said Lydia.     Which was true, Thorin had been extremely busy ruling Ered Luin, he barely had any time to spend with Lydia, or even his sister. 

  "With our new child coming along, he better make time for his family!" grumbled Dis in frustration. "Maybe I will talk with him tonight!" said Lydia.  As the celebration continued, Lydia couldn't sit still, because she thoroughly enjoyed the happy music coming from the dwarf minstrels, and she so badly wanted to get up and dance.  Finally, Dwalin came running over to the table. "Come on, lass! Get up and dance!" beamed Dwalin.  "I'm fine, Dwalin--I'm not much in the mood for dancing right now." said Lydia.   Really she wasn't in the mood.   For the past several weeks, she felt lonely, and the only people that have kept her company is Dis, Balin,  Dwalin and Milo.   She wondered why Thorin wouldn't make time to spend time with her.  She could see Thorin, mingling with the other dwarves talking to them merrily.  Lydia decided  she needed some fresh air, and she stepped out of the Great Hall, and she sat outside.  

 Suddenly, out of the blue, she could hear Charmaine speak to her again.  "Oh you poor little dear! Your beloved is too busy to spend time with you! You don't deserve that dwarf-you deserve to be lonely sister! You're nothing but a problem since you are born!" snickered Charmaine.  "Charmaine, you done so well of leaving me alone, why are you starting now?" asked Lydia.  "My purpose in life is to make your life miserable, Lydia--you're always to good for your own good, and I'm sick of it!  And I will do whatever it takes to make your life miserable!! You know the little situation with Tabitha and Thorin? That was my doings!  I was behind the whole thing!" continued Charmaine.  "Leave me alone! Just leave me alone!! I'm done speaking to you!!"  screamed Lydia, angrily.  "Very well! But I'm not finished with you yet, sister! Things in your life are going to get much worse! Mark my words!"  snarled Charmaine, and she disappeared.    

"Not when I have a say in it!!" Lydia screamed angrily.  Lydia had enough of her sister torturing her.  And she didn't know what to do.  She had kept this issue to herself for many years, and she couldn't talk to her loved ones about it, especially Thorin.   Then it hit her.  There was only a few people she knew that could help her with her problem, and one of them is a wizard, a grey wizard.  I need to find Gandalf! I need his help! I have to stop this situation before it gets any worse! thought Lydia.  Lydia had resolved that she needed to leave Ered Luin to find Gandalf.   This was her mission, and her mission alone, and so she decided she is going to leave that night.  After sitting outside for a while, she went home, and by the time she arrived home,  Milo greeted her.  "Home from the feast so soon? Don't tell me you and Thorin got into it again?" said Milo.  "No, Thorin and I didn't get into again.  I have to leave Ered Luin for a while, Milo! There is something I have to take care of!" said Lydia.

 "Where are you going?" asked Milo.  "Like I said before, Milo--there is some business I have to take care of!" Lydia replied. "How long will you be away?" Milo asked.  "I don't know.  And if you see Thorin or the others, tell them I'm going away from a while!" said Lydia.  "You know Thorin isn't going to be happy about this!" said Milo. "Milo, I will write Thorin a letter to tell him my reasons of leaving.  And I expect you to give him that letter!" said Lydia.  Milo nodded. 

***************************************************************************************

 And so Lydia went into her room, and she began immediately writing her letter to Thorin:

  Dearest Thorin,

    As much as I hate to do this, but I'm leaving Ered Luin for a while to take care of some unfinished business.  I have no idea how long I will be gone, but I will return.  I love you, Thorin, I will always love you, and I promise you I will return when I finish taking care of my business.  

 Lovingly yours,

 Lydia Silverbeard. 

   Once she finished her letter,  Lydia sealed the letter and she left it with Milo.   After that, she packed her belongings, ad she said her farewells to Milo.  Afterwards Lydia went for her pony and she left the Dwarven realm.    

Thorin's POV: 

 As the feast came to a close, I scanned around the Great Hall for Lydia, because I wanted to talk to her.  By the time I reached our table where my sister is sitting, I didn't see Lydia there at all. "Sister, have you seen Lydia?" I asked my sister.  "She was here moments ago, but she left.  She told me she needed to go out for some fresh air!" My sister replied.   And so I left the Great Hall hoping to find Lydia sitting outside, and unfortunately there is no sign of her.  Maybe she went home for the night,  I thought to myself,as I decided to walk towards the home of Milo and Lydia.    Once I reached the home, I knocked on the door.  The door opened, and I could see Milo, whom appeared to be very distressed.  "Is Lydia home, Milo?" I asked the older dwarf.   "Thorin, she has left--and she left behind a note for you!" said Milo.  I quickly took the note and read it.  

 "No! She can't do this! She will never survive out there alone!" I shouted, slamming the parchment down on the table.  I resolved that I am going to track her down myself, and go with her.  "Thorin, wait! She told me herself this is her journey and her journey alone, and she doesn't want anyone to follow her!" spoke up Milo.  "But can't I just meet her half way?" I asked.  "No, not even half way. Like she told me to pass word with you, that this is her journey and her journey alone!" said Milo.  Hearing those words angered me.  Why would she go on a quest, something I have no idea about, and leaving me in the dark about it?  And so I left Milo's home, and went straight home.   By the time I arrived, I slumped down in my lounging chair,my head pounding.  Dis came in, as she noticed my distress. "Thorin, are you alright?" asked my sister.  "No! I'm not alright--it's Lydia--she has left!" I snarled. "Left?! What do you mean she left?!" exclaimed Dis.   "Here's the note, she written to me, and told me why she left!" I said sharply, as I handed over the parchment to my sister. 

  Dis read the letter, and then she looked at me.  "Thorin, my advise to you is this--let her do what she needs to do! She will be fine! She has been out in the wild alone before--and she promised she will return in her letter." said Dis.  "I surely hope so!" I grumbled.  

**************************************************************************************

No One's POV:

Two months later, Rivendell

  Lydia decided to make her destination to the Elven Valley, hoping she would find Gandalf there.  Once she arrived,  she met up with Lord Elrond, whom felt delighted to see her, and she asked if Gandalf was there.  Unfortunately he wasn't there, but the Elf Lord offered her to stay there, and Lydia asked for the Elf Lord's help of her situation with Charmaine's mind torture to her.  And it was Lord Elrond who came up with a solution for her. "Lady Galadriel is here, and I'm sure she can help you with your issues with your troubled sister! Allow me to take you to her!" said Elrond.  "Thank you so much, my Lord! That means a lot to me!" said Lydia, as she followed the Elf Lord down the long corridors of the elven palace.   Soon, they entered a large room where they found the Elf Queen, sitting on a bench, reading a book.  "My Lady, Lady Lydia Silverbeard wishes to see you,and ask for your help on a situation she is is--Lydia?" said Elrond, as he allowed Lydia to speak. 

  Lydia began to explain to the High Elf of her situation with Charmaine, that had been going on for years, and Lydia wanted to put a stop to it, because it's interfering with her life.   "I have a solution,  Lady Lydia-and it will require you to change your identity, and you have to start a new life!" said the Elf Queen.  "What do you mean?" asked Lydia.  "It means that I'm going to erase all your memory from your past, and your current living situation, and from there, you will be giving a new name, and hair color--I will also place a spell where Charmaine will no longer speak to you!" said Galadriel.  "I'm not so sure about this, my lady! What about Thorin? My One? I cannot erase him from my life!" protested Lydia.   "Sometimes Lydia, there is times where you have to give up someone your life ! If you wish to protect yourself from your sister! This is the only way to go!" said Galadriel.  "Alright, I will do this! So when shall we start this?" asked Lydia.  "Anytime you wish to start the transformation, Lady Lydia!" Galadriel replied. 

Forgive me Thorin!  Lydia thought to herself, as she prepared to transform to her new identity.   

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

153K 5.1K 91
Miranda has grown up on earth with her parents in their cabin home in the woods. Her mother works surrounded by nature and her father is a businessma...
23.5K 678 31
🥇#1 in Thorin 4/10/2024 The reader joins the company on the quest to reclaim the dwarven homeland of Erebor. It becomes much more problematic than...
39 4 5
During his stay in Angren-Adorn, Thorin meets Raven, who seems like she knows of him. A female who has been rumored to be a Blue Wizard with the same...
832 18 15
My character is called Siri, Thorin's daughter and cousin to Kili and Fili. She has a secret that she has kept hidden from her friends and family for...