Death can't have her

By KuraChan-ya

A wanderer, a student, a marine, a traveler, and now, a pirate. These are the titles Shiki had once owned. Sh... More

The marine life
Good pirates
It's a bear
Sabaody Archipelago
Her Freedom, Her Parfait
End of Sabaody Archipelago
The War begins
The Finishing Blow
So long Marine life
We all love Bepo
Perverts, Names and Bounties
Damn you Law
Lovely girls
Medical examination are tiring
Cooking with Shiki
To be friendly or not to be
The truth is unacceptable!
Manly Man!
Haki
Omen
Meeting Shiki's friend
An underhanded trick
Flirtation is disgusting
Another brownie point lost
Training with Shiki
Meow
Captain
Punishments are getting underrated these days
Back then
Shoot me
The process of reflect and repent
Marines Vs Pirates
An unexpected meeting
Captains
The Kids are here
Hot mess
Forgive, forget, who knows
Helping is good or is it bad?
Throwing and spitting
Teamwork leads to the infirmary
Thoughts
Mutiny and the magical coat
Ambush
Penbbits
The search
The rescue
Battles
Encore!
The final performance
Decisions
The start of good moods
The end of Law's Birthday day
Payment
BAM
Just because
Let the race begin
Obstacle race
Busted
That handkerchief moment
Too early
Trying out new weapons
Done trying
Mini barbecue
The brilliance of a pan
Valentine mess
Chocolates
Bloody cafe
Guard down
Message
Killing spree
Relief
Some revelations finally revealed
Sleeping makes you avoid looking like a tanuki
We need a party
Begin the preparations
What goes on during preparations
Shiki's presents
Finally awake
A new haircut
The biggest crime
The end of the line
The End?
News about the Death
Christmas Special
Mistletoe

Special Friends and older

14.6K 571 22
By KuraChan-ya

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.
___________________________________________________________________________________

"Vice Admiral Shiki!" Leo called throughout the halls of Marine HQ with a letter in his hand, trying to find his Vice Admiral. He sighed and scratched the back of his head, trying to think where she could've gone to.

She wasn't in her office, just a bunch of untouched paperwork that wasn't too important sitting on her desk that he took the liberty to finish it for her, because let's face it, Shiki wasn't going to do them, not now or ever, so why should she start now? Leo was beginning to think he only got in her squad so she could pass the paperwork to him.

As he moved pass other marine soldiers, Leo suddenly thought of a place he hadn't checked yet.  Quickly turning to the side, he hopped onto an open window sill, scaring a few soldiers walking by into shock.

"O-Oi, what are you doing?" a fellow soldier called out.

Leo didn't answer and just jumped up, clutching onto the tiles on the roofs and pulled himself up.

"... Weird..." the same soldier muttered, shaking his head and moving on, pretending that he saw nothing.

_________________________________________________________________________________

He was right to have guessed that the Vice Admiral was lounging on the roofs. Leo carefully walked towards her, cautions of his steps.

"Vice Admiral Shiki!" he called, getting her attention.

Blinking her eyes opened, Shiki turned her head to him, "Leo." she greeted.

"Here," he handed her the unopened letter, "this came for you."

Nodding her thanks, Shiki took the letter out, though as soon as she took it out, she could immediately see that it wasn't much of a letter, but more of an invitation. 

Sitting up, she pushed herself up and walked off the roof, one hand grabbing edge of it before swinging herself through the open window.

Leo following suit.

"Ah, excuse me for asking, but is something wrong?" he asked, carefully swinging back inside the window, causing by-walkers to jump in surprise.

"Nothing, just an invitation to an open wedding." Shiki stated, walking in the direction of where the Fleet Admiral's office is, giving him a heads up. 

Leo was surprised, "Eh? Whose wedding?"

"Sister Karrie."

"You have a sister?"

Shiki waved the notion away, "This one a church sister." she clarified, "She was the one who looked after me when I was in the orphanage." she stated flatly.

Leo was about to apologize, but stopped himself when he stared at her. If his Vice Admiral didn't look bothered about it, he shouldn't as well.

Knocking on the door, Leo waited outside the door while Shiki entered with permission.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Having gotten permission to go (with the excuse that it was work related), Shiki set off with her men coming along as well, heading for a four day trip to Rose City.

Not a bad place to get married. 

The place was said to be full of life, decorated with the freshest of roses there were, and sweet melodies floating in the air, it was a happy place for couples but an awkward place for singles.

Sitting in her office/room, Shiki stared out the window, the letter left on her desk. She knew that if she got an invite, then her friend will most definitely get one as well. 

Knowing she'll be meeting them soon, Shiki let her eyes fall close, basking through memories of a simpler time, while outside her door were the sound of her soldiers' excited chatter.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The wedding was like a rose wonderland, completed with the vows, the kiss and now the reception. 

Since it was an open wedding, many random people came dressed formally.

Shiki herself was dressed for the occasion, wearing a long black halter dress, hair done in a bun with a tail trailing down her bare back, she walked towards the bride to congratulate her on such a special day. 

"Little Shiki!" Sister Karrie smiled brightly, her face happily flushed, "I'm so glad you made it! I'm happy I sent it to the right address! Look at you, all grown up!" she cradled Shiki's face, occasionally giving it a squish, "How have you been? Did you come alone? Are you having fun? Ah you must be tired, I hear you became a Vice Admiral, congratulations!"

Shiki couldn't get a word in edgewise, but she didn't mind. She was glad that the bride looked happy.

Once there was a break, did Shiki answer her questions in order.

Grinning, Sister Karrie looked around, "Oh, where's Rei-"

Sensing a couple of both familiar and strange presences, Shiki excused herself, "I'll go send her to you." she answered her unfinished question and left towards the back entrance.

"Okay! I'll be by the drink area!" Sister Karrie called after her.

Arriving at the back entrance, Shiki watched a woman with fiery red hair trailing down her back in a strapless pastel pink dress paired with sliver strappies, come flying down with her huge indigo feathered wings. Once she landed, her wings morphed back into human limbs, and as soon as her burgundy red eyes landed on Shiki, her whole face lit up.

"Shiki!" she smiled widely, running towards her with arms out, "I missed you!" she wrapped her arms around her, pulling her into a hug.

Shiki returned the hug with a relaxed face, revelling in the warmth she received from her dearest friend. Said friend pulled back with a grin, "I'm just going to congratulate Sister Karrie, I'll find you when I'm done, 'kay?"

"'kay." Shiki replied back softly, watching as her friend ran inside. 

After a minute, Shiki walked back inside, grabbing a glass of red wine by a passing waiter as she followed a disturbance in the air.

"Fancy meeting you here, Vice Admiral-ya." a low husky voice sounded beside her.

Pausing her glass from reaching her parted lips, Shiki tilted her head to see Trafalgar Law taking the spot next to her as he scanned the area, already spotting five marines glancing at him.

"If you are here to ruin the day, I won't hesitate to arrest you."

Law raised a brow, a mocking smirk on his lips, "Taking your job serious? Yet I see you and your lackeys slacking off." his words rude, though his tone was filled with false politeness. He could already see his crew mingling or stuffing their face with food, they stood out far too much from the rest of the formally dressed people.

"I was invited." she said flatly, continuing towards another exit.

The only reason why Shiki's men weren't rushing at Law or his crew was because of her strict orders to not attack anyone, be it pirate or not, they are not to make a scene. They could only make a move if someone was in danger, though some seemed to have gotten distracted with the guests.

But nonetheless, if anyone were to ruin this wedding, dire consequences would be served.

So when she placed her empty glass on a table near her destination, she  stepped towards the rows of trees just outside the rose wonderland with a displeased frown.

She could also hear footsteps following after her but she didn't care because she extended her hand to the side, "Leo." and who she said, appeared with her scythe in his hand.

Giving him a silent message with just a look of her eyes, the blonde spiked hair man placed the weapon in her hand and left in the direction he came from.

Law stood to the side, watching the exchange with mild curiosity. His interest soon peaked when a couple of pirates suddenly came out of nowhere and attacked her with their spiked clubs.

Shiki simply stepped back, avoiding the attack.

"I wonder how much you'll fetch in the market." the pirate smirked.

"A little lady like you shouldn't be swinging around such a weapon. Here, I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands!" another mocked, grinning with his toothless grin.

"What did you do to some of the guests?" she went straight to the point as she continued to dodge meaningless swings with ease.

The pirate's eye twitched each time he missed, "What are you talking about, I know no such thing." he lied through gritted teeth.

Her eyes narrowed just as their weapons finally made contact, only because she blocked it with her scythe, "What did you do to them?" she demanded, forcing them down.

"W-Wait a minute!" one stammered at the sudden power change.

"If you hurt us, we won't tell you!" the other glared, thinking they still have the upper hand.

"Vice Admiral Shiki, I found them." Leo called out, making her face him, he looked uncomfortable while three girls were hanging off each of his arms like love sick fools.

In fact one could swear they could almost see hearts flying out of them.

"Good job." She nodded in approval, before turning her head back to see the pirates gulp, Leo took this as his cue to leave.

"S-See..." he couldn't say anything any more because Shiki stomped his head into the ground and twirl her scythe once before she hit the butt of it onto the other's head hard, knocking him out.

A chuckle was heard behind her, reminding Shiki that a certain Dark Doctor was still with her. She turned around only to see that Law was relaxing against a tree, a grin on his face.

He pushed off the tree and walked towards her, only stopping a foot away from her, "Was that really necessary?" he questioned, he wasn't concerned, just amused.

She stared up at him, looking at the height difference, thinking about it, she only reached about his chest... then remembering the question, she answered, "I owe the bride my gratitude, so preventing anything that could ruin her special day is me owing her back just a part of it."

Law shook his head with a chuckle, this woman has got to be the strangest marine soldier he has ever faced, "You really are an interesting woman." he then walked away, waving a hand behind him as he left, "If we ever meet again, let's just hope we're not enemies." he muttered.

Standing alone with two unconscious pirates on the ground, Shiki returned to the wedding soon after. Handing her scythe to Oni who just so happened to come by, she went to hang out with her friend.

____________________________________________________________________________________

How was it?

I was thinking of writing a chapter with Kidd but I might just write him in a flashback. The next chapter will be the Sabaody arc so another timeskip is to be happened.

Have fun reading :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 389 11
You live in a nice city with your dad and little brother. Your life is normal, but what happends when your life gets turned upside down by your mothe...
18K 783 45
Every time you look at me, it's as if you were looking at someone else. I just want to remind you... I'm not that person. Thank you very much for...
229K 9.2K 27
One Piece. Trafalgar Law. Wolves. Say goodbye to boring as you trade your normal life for a world of danger and adventure.
72.6K 2.3K 11
If dealing with one Law was hard, imagine five AND with different parts of his personality! Let's hope (Y/N)'s fragile heart survives after this very...