Back then

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.

________________________________________________________________________________

Leo, the blonde that was most of the time (if not always) with Shiki back when she was in the Marines.

He wasn't in uniform but in his causal clothing that consisted of a grey tee and a dark cardigan, and dark jeans that covered some of his black sneakers.

Law couldn't help but frown as Shiki continued to give her full attention to the young man while the rest of his crew gave sneaking glances at the boy, some trying to figure out why the hell was a guy sitting with their captain while others trying to remember the vaguely familiar face.

The same waitress from before, came back with two glasses filled half way with red wine, the bottle set down in the middle of the table. "Your order, sir." she smiled shyly, her cheeks flushed. She then walked away but not before giving a fleeting glance at Leo.

Leo smiled kindly at the waitress before turning to Shiki, bright purple eyes focused on her, "Shiki-chujo-" Leo started as he lifted his glass up to his lips.

"I'm not your Vice Admiral anymore." she informed, taking her glass with her fingers and thumb.

He chuckled, ignoring the fact that all eyes was on him, one in particular was glaring at him, "That's true but to me, you'll always be my superior, no matter what." he took a sip and stared at her, a sly playful smile on his charming face, "And besides, you did say that I could do whatever I want when I joined."

"Tch" Shiki clicked her tongue. She did say that, didn't she.

Leo laughed at the way she responded, smiling at the fact that she was remembering how they first met.

She had stood out from most of the trainees, especially with her scythe.

Like seriously, what kind of marine soldier bring a scythe to training?

Others around her had thought that she was just showing off, trying to gain attention or some expected great things from her, others just thought she was weird and payed no mind to it

But after dedicated years of hunting down pirates in the marine force, Shiki had finally been given the opportunity to become a Vice Admiral. Having taken such an 'honor' without a second thought, Shiki was told that she would need a squad of her own.

As a new Vice Admiral, she was shown around the barracks and had to pick out some men to be in charge of but Shiki didn't care, she had just stared at the sky where a cloud looked like a weird looking cat when they were outside.

Weeks later, she was walking down a hall where one young man approach her with a determined look on his face, blocking her way.

"Vice Admiral Shiki!" he stood in attention, eyes squeezed tight, "My name is Leo and it would be a honor if I could serve under you! I would forever be loyal to you and would not disappoint you!" he proclaimed.

The air was stiffening as Leo could feel Shiki staring at him with a stoic look. Becoming nervous every second that pass, feeling his determination starting to dwindle from the long silence that filled the air. He was about to give up and run away when-

"I don't want your loyalty." Shiki stated in a bored tone, she clearly couldn't care less.

Leo snapped his eyes open, revealing shocked amethyst eyes, "Eh?" he sounded, becoming determined again, "But I want to! I promise not to get in your way and would even lay my life to you!" he was serious, having admired her strength and dedication from afar.