Unwanted Surprise

Od ScarletAlpha

I stood outside his door, suddenly nervous. I knocked and heard a gruff 'come in' before stepping into his of... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
AXEL

Chapter 8

232K 7.2K 1.7K
Od ScarletAlpha

Mr. and Mrs. King stood in the doorway and immediately smiled when they saw Daxton. Daxton looked exactly like his father, both with black hair and green eyes. His mother on the other hand, had dark, graying brown hair and grey eyes.

"Daxton! What a surprise!" His mother exclaimed, grinning. He smiled back and I stood uncomfortably, waiting for them to acknowledge me. When they did, their smiles dropped.

"Oh, Arielle. This is....definitely a surprise." Mr. King said warily, eyeing my pregnant belly. I kind of liked him, but he never stood up for himself, letting his wife run over him...and me.

"It is indeed." I responded, containing eye contact. I will not be looked on as weak just because I'm pregnant.

"Are you guys going to invite us in? Ari can't stand on her feet too long." I thanked Daxton with my eyes, feet starting to hurt already. I hated that about pregnancy. I was like a little china doll, fragile.

"Oh, of course! You're lucky because I just finished making lunch." Mrs. King invited us in, shutting the door behind us. "I hope you like sushi." My stomach growled at the sound of my favorite food, luckily not loud enough for everyone to hear it.

I looked around the foyer, taking in the place I used to frequent last year. My, how times have changed. Daxton led me to the table and pulled out my chair. When I sat down, his hands lingered on my shoulders before he took a seat to the right of me.

While Mrs. King went to get the food, Daxton and his father chatted easily and I smiled at how enthusiastic and relaxed he seemed, unlike when he was at work.

"So, Arielle, how's the company? Your father still working his life away?" Mr. King asked me and I chuckled.

"He sure is. He seemed to be working even harder, if that's even possible, ever since I told him I was pregnant." I smiled to myself, shaking my head at the thought. I told my parents when I found out I was pregnant. At first they weren't happy, but they got over it. Hopefully it will be just as easy to tell Daxton's parents.

"Ahh, that's the Antonio I know. Send him my regards, will you?"

"Of course." I answered and he smiled at me. I smiled back and looked up when Daxton's mom came back in with a tray of drinks.

"Here you are." She set down the drinks in front of us and they all proceeded to drink. But I looked at my drink and immediately knew it was alcohol. Mrs. King looked at me over her glass, eyes burning into my soul. "Drink up, Arielle."

I frowned at her. Was she serious? "I'm pregnant. I can't drink." I ground out, trying to keep my cool.

"Mom, are you serious?" Daxton asked, bewildered. She put a hand on her chest, taking my drink.

"Oh my, I'm so very sorry. I'll get you some orange juice." She knew damn well she didn't forget I was pregnant. That witch.

"Water will be great, thanks." I told her. There's no telling what she would put in my orange juice. At least with water, I can tell if it's been spiked. I looked at Daxton and he shook his head. She came back with my water and the sushi, sitting down.

"Arielle, what brings you here.....with Daxton?" Mrs. King asked, feigning innocence. Since she wanted to be like that, I decided to burst her bubble.

"We're here to tell you guys about my pregnancy." I stated. She coughed in her napkin, dabbing her mouth afterwards.

"Why would you do that, dear? Certainly it has nothing to do with us...or Daxton." I smiled at her, knowing she was hoping that what she was thinking was not true.

"Oh, it has everything to do with you, Mrs. King." I smirked, lifting my eyebrows. "You see, your son Daxton, is the father." She gasped, putting her hand to her chest.

"Preposterous! Daxton would never knock up some..some low-life." My mouth hung open at her insult.

"Mother!" Daxton yelled and she turned to him.

"Tell me it's not true, son. Please." She begged, eyes wide. Daxton's jaw ticked as he tried not to go off on his mom.

"It's a boy." Was all he said.

"Did I forget to mention that we're engaged?" I butt in, showing her my ring. I grinned smugly as she tuned red with anger.

"Ari, don't." Daxton said lowly. I frowned.

"Don't what? Tell her the truth? She was going to find out sooner or later." I argued.

"How dare you trick my son into marrying you, you slut!" Mrs. King screamed at me and launched herself across the table, wrapping her hands around my throat.

"Denise!" Mr. King grabbed his wife and pulled her away from me, her nails scratching my throat in the process. Pain ignited on my neck, and my hand shook as I touched it. Specks of blood spotted my fingers and I got up from the table, stepping away from his deranged family.

"I'm disappointed in you, Daxton. Disappointed!" His mother yelled as Mr. King took her away. Daxton sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Ari, you should've let me handle it." He said and I balked.

"Let you handle it? She would've taken it just as hard if you had told her." Daxton shook his head and stood up.

"No, she would've understood if I explained it to her. You just provoked her purposely, that's why she reacted the way she did." I couldn't believe what my ears were hearing.

"Are you telling me this is my fault? You think I wanted your crazy ass mother attacking me like some animal?!" I yelled. Daxton just stared at me, confirming what I just said. I scoffed.

"You are something else, you know that. And to think I thought you actually changed." I laughed bitterly.

"All I'm saying is that you had it coming for you, blurting it out like that."

"What!?" I shrieked, anger coursing through my body. "You know what, I should press charges. Assault on a pregnant woman. How does that sound Dax?" His eyes darkened and he stalked towards me.

"You wouldn't." He said darkly. I stepped up to him, eyes trained on him.

"Try me." Footsteps sounded behind Dax and I looked behind his shoulder to see Mr. King coming back. He seemed stressed as he ran his fingers through his hair repeatedly, like Daxton does when he's stressed out.

"I'm so sorry, Arielle. If I knew she would've reacted like that, I would've-"

"No, Mr. King. There was no way you could've known." I didn't want him feeling bad when it wasn't his fault.

"Okay. Well, congratulations on your engagement and pregnancy. I'm sure you both will be great parents."

"Thank you." I smiled at him before looking at Dax. We'll see about that. "I'm ready to leave." With that, I turned around and walked out the door, not waiting to see if Daxton was behind me or not.

I slipped into the vehicle and didn't look at Daxton when he slid in next to me.

"My penthouse, Alfred." He told the driver.

"Um, no. My house please, Alfred." I gave him the address and saw Daxton frowning from my peripheral vision.

"Ari-" I held up my hand to shush him, not wanting to hear a word of what he had to say. He didn't even stand up for me when his crazy mother attacked me, saying I deserved it. What the fuck? Who says that? I rolled my eyes and leaned my head back, tired from today's events.

When we reached my house, Daxton sped to my side opening my door, and tried to help me out. I swatted his hand away and helped myself out.

"We need to talk later." He said. I ignored him and unlocked the door, stepping inside. Like hell we did. Since Rayna's car wasn't outside, I assumed she was with Sam. I sighed and threw my keys on the counter. Just then, a bumping sound came from one of my guest rooms.

Frowning, I grabbed a broom and proceeded to find the source of that sound. Heavy breathing came from the room I stood in front of and I braced myself for whatever was inside before slamming the door open.

A scream slipped through my lips and I shut my eyes immediately. Rayna and Marco scrambled to cover themselves, but the image of Marco plowing into her was forever branded into my brain.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

144K 2.8K 52
The mafia princess has gone, and the Queen has returned. Born to the most dangerous family in the world, Elle was a beautiful, innocent girl who has...
1.1M 32.3K 35
C O M P L E T E D "I love you" i said with tears rolling down my cheeks. "I have never loved you Mia , you were Just a quick Chick to fuck with." He...
355K 6.6K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...
4.5M 139K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...