A Meister's Curse (A Soul Eat...

By May5696

Luna, a meister, and her twin weapons, Drake and Drew travel to Death City at the request of Lord Death himse... More

Luna
Drake and Drew
1-Welcome To Death City
2-Checking Out The City
3-A Familiar Face
4-First Day At The DWMA
5-Luna vs Blackstar
6-Mission With Kid
7-Training And Hanging Out
8-New Power, New Home
10-The Truth
11-The New Luna
12-Feelings
13-Under The Sea
14-Just Admit It
15-Battle With The Wolf Witch
16-Sleepover
17-Dance
18-A Day Of Shopping
19-Halloween
20-Abandoned City
21-End Of The Owl Witch
22-Fun Day With Embarrassing Moments
23-Just A Bundle Of Joy
24-Arctic Mission Part 1
25-Arctic Mission Part 2
26-An Old Friend Or A New Foe?
27-What A Pest!
28-Forgiveness
29-Princess?! Part 1
30-Princess?! Part 2
31-Princess?! Part 3
32-A Fitting End

9-One Thing After Another

1K 35 13
By May5696

All I did was run. Place after place, I had to run away from everything.

I was alone. All alone. I sat quietly in front of a pond, my tail swishing back in forth.

Tears fell down my face and into the water, causing ripples on the surface. Why? Why does my reflection still show me as human, when my body looks like this?

Hearing a maniacal laugh, I turned and growled, seeing the person I wanted to kill.

She looked at me and asked, "What's the matter? Tired of being treated like a monster? Tired of running away?"

"Go away! Leave me alone!"

She gave me a fake sad face. "Aww, but why would I leave you alone? After all, I'm all you've got left."

I turned away from her. "I'd rather be alone than with you."

"Very well. But I'm sure we'll see each other again soon."

When I looked back, she was gone. I sighed and sat back down, looking at my reflection again.

I suddenly heard rustling, and looked to see two blue haired boys emerging from some bushes. They both smiled upon seeing me.

"Hey there. You're the one who supposedly attacked our town, right?"

I sighed. "That's me. What do you want?"

"We know you didn't attack our town. It was a witch, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, we want to help you. We're weapons, would you like to be partners?"

"Partners? But I'm just a beast, what could I possibly do with weapons?"

They both came closer, looking at my reflection. "You look pretty human to me."

"But, what about your families?"

"Don't have any, we're orphans."

"I see."

Orphans. They're just like me. Maybe I can use them to get my revenge.

"Alright. You two can be my partners."

They both hugged me. "Yay! This means we're family now!"

I chuckled. "I guess it does."

These two, they agreed to help me. They aren't afraid of me. They trust me. They're the only ones I can trust now.

I woke up with tears running down my face. I got up, looking around the room. I sighed to myself. Another dream from my past.

Wiping my tears away, I realized my hands were paws. I growled to myself. Oh great, this is just the perfect place to transform.

I quickly got up and headed for the door. Maybe I can hide in the twin's room until I can change back. I made my way to the door, propping up on my hind legs.

That's when I realized, the doors in Kid's house all have knobs for handles. I fumbled with the door knob, trying to get a grip on it with my paws, but failing.

I sighed in annoyance and gave up. "Oh great. Now what?"

I paced all around the room. What do I do? I can't get out of this room.

I jumped back on my bed and sat down. Everything's going to be okay. I just have to get myself to change back. I close my eyes, but just as I do, I hear a knock on my door.

I gulped. "W-Who is it?"

"It's me, Kid. Mind if I come in?"

I quickly grabbed the covers of my bed in my mouth, pulling them over me, hiding myself. I curled up upon hearing my door open.

Kid's pov

Entering Luna's room, I saw her form curled up under the covers of her bed. I tilted my head.

"I came to get you up. Everyone else is already awake and eating breakfast. Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just not feeling very good."

"Are you sick?"

I started coming closer, but stopped when she yelled, "No! No, I'm just feeling a little nauseous. Just let me lay here for a bit, I'll be down later."

I really didn't quite believe what she was saying, but I decided not to push it.

"Okay then. Don't take too long, we need to get to the DWMA soon."

Luna's pov

I heard his footsteps fade and the door shut again. I sighed and came out from under the covers. Now, I need to quickly change back.

I sat down again and closed my eyes. Taking deep breaths, I calmed myself. Feeling myself change, I continued until my body seemed to stop.

Opening my eyes, I look down at myself to see I'm back to normal. I sigh in relief and quickly fix myself up.

Going downstairs and to the kitchen, I see everyone else sitting around, eating. Kid gave me a worried look.

"You sure you're okay, Luna?"

"I'm fine. I just wasn't feeling too well, that's all."

Drake and Drew both gave me looks that seemed to ask, 'Bad dream? Change form again?'

I nodded to them both and quickly ate. The others had already been finished by the time I got done eating.

We all got ready and headed out to the DWMA. Going inside, we soon met up with the others before heading to class.

When Stein came rolling into class, the first thing he said was, "Alright, class. Today we're going to start things off with a test on our last few lessons."

I heard a bunch of students groaning as Stein passed test papers out. As soon as I got my paper, I started reading and answering questions.

This was pretty easy, as long as you pay attention at least half the time, this should be no problem for anyone.

Of course Drake being one to never pay attention, I noticed him trying to peek at my paper. I quickly covered my answers.

I whispered, "Knock it off, Drake."

"Oh, come on, don't be so mean and help me out."

"No, you should've paid attention."

This continued going on until I couldn't take it anymore. "I said, knock it off!"

I quickly covered my mouth as everyone turned to look at me. Stein gave me a cold stare.

"Luna, you know you shouldn't yell during a test. After class, I want you organizing the library."

"But I...he was..."

I gave up and sighed. "Yes, sir."

I glared at Drake as he stifled a giggle. I finished my test and quietly waited for Stein to say time was up. I noticed Kid beside me was also finished.

Stein eventually called time's up and took everyone's test up. We had a short lesson before class was finally over. After class, I quietly left the others and went straight to the library by myself.

Seeing the library was empty, I looked at all the books that were piled up in multiple places. I sighed, guess I better get started.

Kid's pov

After class, I heard Drew telling Drake, "Way to go, Drake. You got Luna in trouble because of your cheating."

He shrugged. "Well she could've just let me copy her test. She didn't have to get all worked up about it."

Ah, so it was Drake's fault. That makes sense. I looked at Liz and Patty.

"I'm heading to the library. See you later."

Before they could question me, I headed down the hall. Making my way to the library, I opened it to see it was almost empty.

The only person I saw was Luna, who stood at a bookshelf with a stack of books in her arms. She would look at the book titles before placing them on the shelves.

With my hands in my pockets, I casually walked over to her. "Hey, Luna. I heard about what happened."

She looked at me for a moment before continuing her job. "Yeah, Drake's always doing stuff like that. Leave it to him to get me into trouble. What are you doing here anyway?"

I shrugged. "I thought I'd come help you out. The library's pretty big and you shouldn't have to do all this yourself. It's not even your fault."

She looked away from me and mumbled, "Thanks, Kid."

I smiled. "No problem. Let's hurry before we miss lunch."

She nodded and we both started putting the books away in their right places.

After a bit, we only had one small stack of books left. The only problem, they go on the higher shelves we can't reach.

"Now what? We can't reach the higher shelves."

I looked around. "There should be a ladder somewhere."

Searching the library, I found a ladder and brought it over. "Here, I'll hold it while you put the books away."

"Okay."

She grabbed the small stack of books and climbed up the ladder. I kept it steady while she put the books in their places.

When she finished, she climbed back down and I put the ladder away. I glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Good job, Luna, and we still got done before lunch."

I smiled at her as she nodded. "Let's eat."

We exited the library and made our way down the hall. As we walked, I couldn't help thinking to myself.

I wonder what Luna looks like with a smile on her face. After all, I've never once seen her give a smile to anyone, not even the twins. I bet she'd look even prettier with a smile on her lips.

Luna's pov

Entering the lunchroom, we got our food and sat down with the others, who were already stuffing their faces.

Lunch was pretty ordinary, just friendly chats with the others. Finishing my food, I snuck outside for a bit.

I still have awhile before class. I sat under a tree and just relaxed. Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes for a moment, enjoying the peace and quiet.

The quiet is soon interrupted by a hoot. I open my eyes and look up in the tree to see a grey owl on a branch staring down at me.

A low growl erupted from my throat. "Maple, what are you doing here?"

"How's your life in Death City been? Made any friends?"

"None of your business. Now answer my question."

"Okay, fine. I'm here to ask you if you're ready to join my sister."

"Hmph, I'd never join her. I'm just waiting to see her again so I can kill her."

"Really now? Well, I think you'll get your wish of seeing her again, but you won't be able to kill her. You're sure about your answer, this is your last chance."

I nodded. "I'm sure. And tell that witch to stop being such a coward and face me herself instead of sending her little sister."

"Very well then. I'll give her the message."

"Luna!"

I turned my head toward the voice, seeing Kid rushing over to me.

"Luna, class is about to start. What are you doing out here?"

I glanced up at the now bare branch before standing up. "Just getting some fresh air."

I followed Kid back inside and to class. My mind kept going back to what Maple said.

Is she telling the truth? Will I really be seeing her again? Looks like I'll just have to wait and see. Maybe I'll finally get my chance to kill that accursed witch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

940 13 48
A sound soul dwells within a sound mind, and a sound body. Upsetting the balance gives rise to a Kishin egg. Two years ago, Maka Albarn defeated the...
964 42 21
This story is basically about a wolf witch named Luna who was challenged by the three best Meisters with their Weapons. Luna defeats them and asks to...
4.1K 117 33
As Soul and Maka are closer to turning Soul into a death Scythe they develop a new technique and are able to read each others mind, they begin to dev...
5.1K 244 16
This is the sequel to "Kid's Beach House (Kid x Soul)" . Several years ago, just before Kid, Black Star, Maka, Crona, and the weapons were supposed...