A Meister's Curse (A Soul Eat...

By May5696

Luna, a meister, and her twin weapons, Drake and Drew travel to Death City at the request of Lord Death himse... More

Luna
Drake and Drew
1-Welcome To Death City
2-Checking Out The City
3-A Familiar Face
4-First Day At The DWMA
5-Luna vs Blackstar
6-Mission With Kid
7-Training And Hanging Out
9-One Thing After Another
10-The Truth
11-The New Luna
12-Feelings
13-Under The Sea
14-Just Admit It
15-Battle With The Wolf Witch
16-Sleepover
17-Dance
18-A Day Of Shopping
19-Halloween
20-Abandoned City
21-End Of The Owl Witch
22-Fun Day With Embarrassing Moments
23-Just A Bundle Of Joy
24-Arctic Mission Part 1
25-Arctic Mission Part 2
26-An Old Friend Or A New Foe?
27-What A Pest!
28-Forgiveness
29-Princess?! Part 1
30-Princess?! Part 2
31-Princess?! Part 3
32-A Fitting End

8-New Power, New Home

1.2K 44 2
By May5696

I headed toward the DWMA with the twins on my sides. With the weekend behind us, I was once again ready for classes.

As I walked, my mind kept going back to what Kid was telling me. He says we're friends. He says I can trust him. He says I can tell him anything.

I rub my arms at the uncomfortable memory. He's very persistent, I'll give him that. But there's no way I can tell him, I can't tell anyone.

Arriving at the DWMA, I go inside and head toward class. Before I can get there though, a blonde boy stands in my path.

"Hey there! You're Luna, right? My name's Hiro. I've heard about you, but I must say, you're way cuter in person."

I stared blankly at the blonde. "Uh huh."

"How would you like to hang out after classes?"

"Not interested."

I walked around him and to my class. Who was that guy anyway? Probably just some freak trying to hit on pretty girls.

I heard Drake snickering beside me. "Poor sap."

Entering the classroom, I sat in my usual spot beside Kid. Kid seemed very distracted, he didn't even notice me. I simply shrugged it off, it's none of my business anyway.

Kid's pov

I sat in class, lost in my thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking about what my father had told me the other day. I had asked my father about Luna, and what he told me only alarmed me.

Flashback

I stood in front of my father, about to ask him the question that's been on my mind.

"Father, please tell me what you know about Luna. Why is she the way that she is?"

"Ahh, so you want to know why she tries to push everyone away. I'm guessing you've already seen the fear in her soul then."

"I have. Her weapons told me she was afraid of people. But why?"

"I admit, I don't know that much about her myself, such a mysterious girl. But I can tell you that she doesn't trust anyone because of her past."

"What about her weapons? She seems to trust them."

"Indeed. They've probably been with her for a long time. Probably the only ones she knows she can trust."

"And what about her fear of people? Do you know what she's hiding? She's not some kind of witch or monster, is she?"

My father calmly shook his head. "I can assure you, she's human. And the thing she wants to keep from everyone is the fact that..."

"Yes, father?"

He sighed. "I don't know if I should be telling you this."

"Please, father. I need to know."

"You honestly want to help her, don't you?"

I nodded. "I do. No matter what, we're friends now, and whatever she's hiding won't change that."

"Kid, Luna's cursed."

End of flashback

I just don't understand. Cursed? How is she cursed? And what is her curse, for that matter?

I just now realized that Luna was sitting beside me, like usual. I wish I knew, I wish she'd tell me.

Well for now, I'll just have to trust her. Perhaps I can find out more in time.

Luna's pov

Stein was at the front of the class, talking about soul wavelengths and things like that. As I took notes on my paper, I suddenly had Drake nudge me.

I whispered, "What?"

"That Hiro guy has been checking you out for the past five minutes."

I looked at Hiro across the room. He gave a slight wave. I simply rolled my eyes and continued taking notes.

After awhile, Drake passed me a note. I looked at the heart on the outside for a moment before opening it and reading.

How about we meet up later for some studying?

P.S. You look really hot!

I let out a low groan in annoyance. Can't this guy take a hint? I looked to where Hiro was again.

He gave me a wink, but I simply shook my head. He'd better get the hint this time, I'm saying no.

Kid leaned over and whispered to me, "And who's that from?"

I noticed his voice seemed slightly darker sounding than before. I let out an annoyed sigh.

"It's from that Hiro guy across the room. He won't stop hitting on me. It's starting to get on my nerves."

Drake butted in. "Want me to beat him up for you?"

I shook my head. "Nah, it's okay. He's just some idiot who can't take a hint."

Kid's pov

Throughout class, Luna continued getting notes from Hiro. For some odd reason, the idea of it made me sick.

I think it's funny that Luna keeps turning him down. But damn he's persistent. Can't he get it through his head?

Luna's pov

After class had finally ended, we all headed to lunch. Kid and the others got their food and sat down.

After getting my food, I headed to our usual table, following after the twins. Just one table over, Hiro sat with a couple of other guys.

As I passed by them, Hiro whistled at me. With evident anger in my expression, I placed my tray at my seat before walking away.

"Be right back."

Everyone watched me as I headed over to Hiro's table. I leaned over the table, looking straight at Hiro.

I reached over, tracing my finger across his chest and watching the blush appear on his face.

"Hiro. You've been hitting on me all day, and I just have one thing to say to you..."

I quickly grabbed his collar and yanked him closer. "Can't you take no for an answer?!"

He looked scared as he stuttered out, "I-I'm sorry. I-I understand."

"Good."

I let him go and turned toward the guy beside me who was giggling at Hiro. I grabbed his shoulder.

"And what are you laughing at, huh?!"

He immediately stopped his giggling. "N-Nothing."

I released him and walked away. "Hmph, that's what I thought."

I returned to my seat only to hear Drake's laughter. "That was priceless! You sure put them in their place!"

Drew sighed. "He should've listened when you declined before."

Blackstar jumped out of his seat yelling, "That was AWESOME!!!"

Soul grinned. "You sure are feisty, Luna."

Maka giggled. "You definitely know how to handle yourself."

Kid smiled. "Well, I bet he won't be bothering you anytime soon."

I ate and listened to their praise. "Thanks, guys. I was just taking care of business. I'm nobody's plaything."

The rest of the day went by rather quickly. After our confrontation in the lunchroom, Hiro had stopped bothering me.

The following day, I headed to the Death Room. With the twins already in weapon form, I greeted Lord Death.

"Lord Death, I'm ready for my training."

"Hiya, Luna! So good to see you! Let's get started then!"

I sat down as he walked back and forth in front of me, explaining my lesson today.

"Now, today we will try a different kind of magic. We'll start with something easy."

He placed a candle in front of me and explained, "Drake, Drew, within yourselves, you should be able to feel the fire magic. Find it and harness it."

I felt the magic within them slowly changing. I watched as the jewels and claws of my gauntlets changed from their usual blue to a fiery red color.

Lord Death then told me, "Now, Luna, see if you can light this candle."

I focused on the candle with my hands pointing toward it. Suddenly a small flame appeared in front of me, but quickly disappeared.

"That's alright, Luna. You're getting there. Try it again."

I nodded and tried again. The small flame appeared again and stayed this time. I slowly moved my hands and watched as the flame followed.

I slowly moved my hands forward, guiding the flame to the candle. Successfully lighting the candle, Lord Death clapped his hands together.

"Very good, you three, very good! Let's try something a little harder."

The rest of the day was spent learning how to make bigger flames and moving them around at will. Slowly but surely, we got the hang of using our new magic.

A couple of weeks go by and I've not only gotten better at magic, but I've also accepted Kid and the others as my new friends. I still haven't let any of them know about my secret. I also gave up on the underground arena battles, I need more time for my studies and training now.

Today, I exited the DWMA with the gang. They had insisted on walking with the twins and me almost everyday. And today happened to be a day when Kid was arguing about symmetry.

"All I'm saying is that I wish you two were more symmetrical, like Luna's weapons."

Patty simply laughed while Liz rolled her eyes. "Well sorry that we're not twins, Kid. Get over it already. It's not like you're any better, those three white lines in your hair make you uneven."

In an instant, Kid was on the ground crying out, "You're right! I'm asymmetrical garbage! I'm a horrible disgusting person who doesn't deserve to live another day!"

Patty laughed while Liz facepalmed. "Oh no, not again."

Everyone stopped and watched as Kid threw a fit. Liz and Patty both crouched down next to him, trying to comfort him.

Before I knew what I was doing, I found myself crouched down in front of him. I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Kid, you're not garbage. Look, we have the same flaw, our hair. Does that mean that I'm also garbage?"

He looked up at me in surprise. "Of course not. You're perfect, despite your hair."

"Then the same goes for you, Kid. You're perfect. You shouldn't say such things about yourself, because you are an amazing person."

He stood up with me, dusting himself off before smiling. "Thanks, Luna."

I turned and started walking again. "No problem."

I noticed everyone was giving me a weird look. I simply asked, "What?"

Before anyone could say anything, Drew pointed and said, "Smoke."

I turned and looked to where he pointed. He was right, there was smoke. Then I realized where it came from.

"Oh no."

I ran down the street towards home with the others quickly following. Arriving in front of our house, I froze along with the twins.

Where our home used to be, was now a burnt pile on the ground alongside a few of the other small buildings. There were lot's of people around.

Drew asked someone, "Excuse me, what happened?"

The guy had a worried face as he sighed. "One of the buildings caught fire. No one got hurt, but a few houses burnt down."

I couldn't believe it. I stared in shock at the scene before me. How could this have happened?

I heard Drake say, "Our house, our stuff, it's all gone. What do we do now?"

I clenched my fists in frustration. "I...I don't know."

"You could always stay with us."

I turned toward Kid in surprise. "Kid. Are you sure?"

He nodded and smiled. "Of course. We have the room and we can't just leave you three without a place to stay."

Liz and Patty both nodded in agreement while grinning the whole time.

I nodded slightly. "Okay then. Thank you very much, Kid. We really appreciate it."

"No problem. Come on, we'll show you to you're new home."

We said bye to the others as Kid led us across the city. Arriving at a huge, symmetrical mansion, we stopped at the front gate.

Kid looked at us. "Welcome to Gallows Mansion."

We peered up at the huge building. I heard Drake mutter, "Wow."

Going inside, everything was huge and perfectly symmetrical. Kid grinned at us. "So, what do you think?"

All I could say was, "It's perfect."

"Thank you, just try not to be too messy, please."

"You don't have to worry about Drew and me. Drake on the other hand."

I glared at Drake as he said, "Don't worry, I'll clean up after myself. Geez, I'm not that rude."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right."

Kid laughed at us and led us upstairs, leaving Liz and Patty downstairs. We stopped at a room, Kid opening the door.

"Drake, Drew, this is your room."

They both went inside, looking around the room. Drew smiled while Drake gave a thumbs up.

They said in unison, "This is nice."

Kid then led me to a room down the hall, opening the door. "And this is your room, Luna."

I looked around inside the room. Of course everything was black, white, and red, like the rest of the house, but I didn't mind.

"Thanks, Kid. It's perfect."

After seeing our rooms, Kid showed us the rest of the house so we'd be able to find our way around. He even let us go out and buy more clothes and things since all of our stuff was burnt to ash.

Afterwards, we all ate dinner together. I had no idea Kid could cook, but sure enough, the meal he made was delicious.

After a busy day, we all went to our rooms for the night. The bed was comfy so I quickly felt myself drifting off. I'm very grateful to Kid for allowing us to stay here, maybe he really can be trusted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lost Voice By ris

Fanfiction

6.4K 142 8
Maka was homeschooled by her mother when she travelled with her because her father and mother divorced. It's Maka's first day at Shibusen Academy whe...
4.1K 117 33
As Soul and Maka are closer to turning Soul into a death Scythe they develop a new technique and are able to read each others mind, they begin to dev...
31.5K 769 22
My first time writing a Soul Eater (or any fanfic.) story so please be kind to me. :) You're a meisterless sythe weapon who finally decided to go...
231K 5.5K 25
Your name is, (Y/n) Thompson. You are the cousin of the two sisters Liz and Patty Thompson. Not too long ago you discovered you could turn into a wea...